PDA

View Full Version : Allocations per guide/outfitter

Walksalot
02-08-2015, 09:19 AM
Is there a website one can go to and access the allocations per species per guide/outfitter's territory in British Columbia.

boxhitch
02-08-2015, 05:53 PM
No , Goat Guy doesn't have his own website

;)

houndogger
02-08-2015, 07:15 PM
no , goat guy doesn't have his own website

;)

lol,...........

elktracker1975
04-25-2016, 08:12 PM
Is there any way to find out? Would nice to see where some Leh allocations have disappeared to?

dbergen69
04-25-2016, 08:21 PM
Nope no website. How the government shares this public resource is a top secret. There is a website with all timber allocations and actual harvest by company.

AgSilver
04-25-2016, 09:12 PM
Could probably get it via FOI/ATIP.

Machinist
04-26-2016, 02:59 PM
Allocations !!!! , The Area we hunt in 6-06 has been cut to ** 1 ** Bull moose tag for the Leh Seasons , Sept 10 to 24 1 Tag , Last year ( 15 ) Sept 25 to Oct 19 1 Tag Last year 10 , Oct 27 to Nov 15 1 Tag !! , So I called the LEH, office to ask why ? they gave us the phone number of the area Wild Life Bioligist , he said because too many were shot during the 6 day GOS, Oct 20 to 26 , I asked if the guide had his quota cut , he said No !! the Guide was still entitled to 40 % of all the Moose that were taken last season , So figure it out , lets say 100 moose were taken from Sept 10 to Nov 15 , he gets 40 tag's !! You can thank the Christy Clark Liberals for giving everything to the Guides last year, I hope all the Hunters that voted them in are Happy with themselfs , I have tried to contact my MLA about it but no answer back as of yet .

Buck
04-26-2016, 03:40 PM
Allocations !!!! , The Area we hunt in 6-06 has been cut to ** 1 ** Bull moose tag for the Leh Seasons , Sept 10 to 24 1 Tag , Last year ( 15 ) Sept 25 to Oct 19 1 Tag Last year 10 , Oct 27 to Nov 15 1 Tag !! , So I called the LEH, office to ask why ? they gave us the phone number of the area Wild Life Bioligist , he said because too many were shot during the 6 day GOS, Oct 20 to 26 , I asked if the guide had his quota cut , he said No !! the Guide was still entitled to 40 % of all the Moose that were taken last season , So figure it out , lets say 100 moose were taken from Sept 10 to Nov 15 , he gets 40 tag's !! You can thank the Christy Clark Liberals for giving everything to the Guides last year, I hope all the Hunters that voted them in are Happy with themselfs , I have tried to contact my MLA about it but no answer back as of yet .

Interesting post Lets not forget what happened to resident hunters last year.This is just one of many business trumps the public interests brought to you by the BC Liberal Government.

bearvalley
04-26-2016, 06:48 PM

The guide won't get a quota of 40 moose.
The allocation split for Region 6 South on bull moose is 75/25.
Using that formula, with 25 LEH authorizations that you say were issued to resident hunters last year, the guides quota would be 8.
Maybe the guide is allowed to take a couple more moose due to the 6 day GOS but the number won't be even close to 40.

Machinist
04-26-2016, 07:00 PM
BearValley
you missunderstan what I was saying , the Biologist said the Guide gets 40 % of the moose count that was taken including thoes that were counted during the GOS and the LEH season , I questioned him on that he he was admimate that the guide got 40% of the count , still no matter how you call it the hunters in this province are being sold out by the liberals and unless we stand togther and start protesting and making noise about it we will loose even more to outsiders

bearvalley
04-26-2016, 08:04 PM
BearValley
you missunderstan what I was saying , the Biologist said the Guide gets 40 % of the moose count that was taken including thoes that were counted during the GOS and the LEH season , I questioned him on that he he was admimate that the guide got 40% of the count , still no matter how you call it the hunters in this province are being sold out by the liberals and unless we stand togther and start protesting and making noise about it we will loose even more to outsiders

I understood you clearly.
As I said before...NO guide has a quota to kill 40% of the AAH of bull moose in any part of Region 6.
In some cases he may harvest 40% of the moose taken but this is only if the resident harvest of the AAH is under achieved.
Is the wildlife biologist you are quoting based out of the Regional office in Smithers?

dbergen69
04-26-2016, 08:13 PM
It does not really matter what the number is. It is bulls%/t that the allocation of a public resource is not available to the public. I know others have said that got some data with a FOI request.

40incher
04-26-2016, 08:13 PM

There is more than a bit of a game being played here!

M.U.'s 6-04 thru 6-09, South Skeena, (minus 6-07, cuz it's a northern unit apparently) are all one population unit ... but the bureaucrats are playing a game by splitting then up so they can screw resident hunters. They should all be fired IMHO!

South Skeena is a population of moose that interacts and moves between MU's. Doesn't take a rocket scientist to figure that one out. While the bureaucrats reduced 6-04, 6-05 and 6-06 to near zero, at the same time, they wanted to increase 6-09 to 750 LEH's for the three LEH's in MU 6-09?? Apparently moose know where the boundaries are and they don't cross the arbitrary bureaucratic line!?

It's time the "game" got serious ... the guides can do whatever, while the resident hunters get micro-managed out of existence!

Don't think so!!

dbergen69
04-26-2016, 08:15 PM
While you all are bashing the liberals recall the NDP supports increased gun control and they banned the Grizzly Bear hunt. The NDP are not friends of the hunter.

40incher
04-26-2016, 08:26 PM
While you all are bashing the liberals recall the NDP supports increased gun control and they banned the Grizzly Bear hunt. The NDP are not friends of the hunter.

You might be confusing politicians with bureaucrats it seems ... the brain-dead bureaucrats are the ones we can't vote out!!

Machinist
04-26-2016, 08:37 PM
Yes the Biologist is based out of Smithers , as far as I am concerned if we are only given
One tag then the Guide should have Zero , Or his tags should be forfeit and go into the LEH draw for the tax paying citizens of this province , I guess he pays taxes as well but should not have the privilege of taking moose allocations for foreigners over us

northernbc
04-26-2016, 09:22 PM
well bearvalley why don't we stop this right here .. how many tags do the outfitters get.

bearvalley
04-26-2016, 10:01 PM
well bearvalley why don't we stop this right here .. how many tags do the outfitters get.
northernbc, probably the best way for you to get that answer is to dig up the AAH numbers, apply the allocation %'s and do the math.
By the way...outfitters don't get TAGS... they get a quota and don't neccassaraly use it all.
I will say that there are problems with quota but also there are also problems with LEH authorizations.
One thing with quota...you have what is issued to you....it's a cap.
In many cases LEH authorizations are handed out in an excessive number, up to as high as 20 authorizations for 1 targeted animal. Over achieving can happen.
In some cases GO's are on quota when resident hunters are on a General Open Season.
I find it quite amusing as to how many on here constantly bring up the allocation issue but are pretty damn quiet when it comes to making more game so we can get rid of some LEH hunts.
I'd be pretty happy if we had wildlife populations in this province to allow all species to be on a GOS, but I doubt we'll ever see that as we carry on down our present path of bitching that the other guys got too much.

Bear Chaser
04-26-2016, 10:07 PM

This. Part of the lack of moose can be directly attributed to increased predator numbers. (Grizzlies and wolves for the dull witted amongst us).
Which party banned grizzly hunting last time around?
Which party actively supports culling wolves to help protect dwindling caribou populations and most likely save a few moose as well?
Support the Liberals and hold their feet to the fire as much as possible.
Vote NDP and watch your hunting privileges be eroded one by one.

Pretty easy choice IMO.

primmed99
04-27-2016, 05:22 AM
I support what your saying bear chaser, but everyone has to get real about the wolf culls. No political party cares for 1 second about the caribou as a animal. The only reason they care about saving those caribou is to stop them from becoming listed by SARA (species at risk act). The minute those animals become a species at risk it goes from provincial to federal and if you look in that act EVERYTHING gets shut down in that area. All industry gets shut down doesn't matter what it is, some times I think the big mining companies support the wolf cull more than us hunters ;)

This. Part of the lack of moose can be directly attributed to increased predator numbers. (Grizzlies and wolves for the dull witted amongst us).
Which party actively supports culling wolves to help protect dwindling caribou populations and most likely save a few moose as well?

Pretty easy choice IMO.

BgBlkDg
04-27-2016, 07:36 AM
As Mike points out, (Bearvalley), we need to "grow" more game all over the province and I support any actions by government or anyone to that end.

However, the allocation and wildlife population level issues are inextricably joined and must both be considered when policies are formulated.

I think that, among other changes to the current situation I would like to see is a total ban on ANY "non-resident" access to ANY BC fish/game when ANY "LEH" or other harvesting regulations are in effect.

An example, is Kootenay Lake. long a destination of American anglers from the northwestern states. These people pay a small licence fee, haul their own boats, bring their own gas and supplies and then can catch and kill as many trout, Kokanee and other species of fish as local citizens are allowed.

The government just announced further limitations on Kokanee harvesting there and these are a preferred food fish for we "Kootenays" which used to be numerous.

I see NO REAL benefit to Canada, BC, the Kootenays or we who own this and all natural resources in OUR country and would ban all foreign angling in "high use" BC waters permanently to preserve OUR fisheries and OUR uses of them.

I also think that such a policy, strictly enforced and with the 90%-10% policy could/would save the BC "family owned" GO industry, in both hunting and angling. I am, generally, in favour of folks like Mike, Doug (chilcotin hillbilly) and other such BC GOs, being able to make a decent living doing what they love, however, things must change to save BC hunting for BC citizens first and it is not going to be an easy task whether the BC Liberals or the NDP forms the next government.

Most BC people do not seem to care, except when some a**wipe media creep publishes some if the usual lies about hunting, or Grizzlies or "St. David" spews his usual crap.

VLD43
04-27-2016, 07:57 AM

Pretty easy choice IMO.

About a year ago I was riding home on the bus, as I always do. At one of the regular stops, John Horigan boards the bus, and announces he is there to talk with his constituances about issues they were concerned about. I jumped right in and started a conversation with him regarding the allotment process. I told him that I thought it was very unfair that Guide Outfitters were given such a high allotment number. I stated that in my opinion, the resources of this province, belong to the residents of BC first, the residents of Canada second, and foreigners last. His response to my statement (which floored me) was that he looked at it as a "Value Added" issue. Actually validating the present allotment situation. I have always voted NDP provincially, but with that one statement from him, the NDP has lost my vote. I don't know who we trust politically any more. They all seem to be driven by money over what is "Ethically Correct". Maybe I am just naïve , but very disappointed. Just my experience.

BgBlkDg
04-27-2016, 08:16 AM
Same old, same old, I was an NDPer, from spring, 1968, to the '80s and a bit into the '90s. I felt forced out of the part due to precisely this same sort of hypocrisy concerning environmental issues and am now a strong opponent of the "Dippers", provincially and federally.

I thought that the "Greens" might offer a viable alternative, but, from what we have seen here from their MLA, Weaver, on just gun control, I would never vote for them.

Alternatives, I don't see any on the current political scene..........bloody depressing, eh.........

Spy
04-27-2016, 09:01 AM
Same old, same old, I was an NDPer, from spring, 1968, to the '80s and a bit into the '90s. I felt forced out of the part due to precisely this same sort of hypocrisy concerning environmental issues and am now a strong opponent of the "Dippers", provincially and federally.

I thought that the "Greens" might offer a viable alternative, but, from what we have seen here from their MLA, Weaver, on just gun control, I would never vote for them.

Alternatives, I don't see any on the current political scene..........bloody depressing, eh.........
You keep on bringing up Weaver and gun control! I thought gun control was a Federal issue? When it comes to hunters, we have a friend in Weaver, I have spoken to him in length as have other hunters. He is on our side, he even supports the wolf cull, & does not like people like Brian falconer from the GBRF, who by the way hates resident hunters.

dbergen69
04-27-2016, 01:32 PM
Is the AAH for each species and MU or region published somewhere?

b72471
04-27-2016, 05:38 PM
The GUIDES each have a quota, and they book hunts at least a year earlier. When the US economy is good or our dollar is in the toilet GUIDES over book knowing some clients will be unsuccessful. The Guides have been very successful in lobbying govt to keep their quotas in tact or increase as happened last year. If govt cut back the quotas Guides would be screaming "they are being forced out of business", and further demand compensation from govt. So of course won't touch them, it would effect the political contributions as well.
RESIDENT HUNTERS are easy pickings for Gov't, oh there will be a bit of grumbling but they'll get over it. Gov't knows RH have no recourse other than the provincial vote. In the future there will be more & more reductions in the LEH reducing it to 1 draw per area and in effect turning all the hunting over to the GUIDES and FIRST NATIONS. I do not have any answers for this that I'd care to discuss on here.

BgBlkDg
04-27-2016, 05:47 PM
I have thought this for some years now and one of the "reasons" that the "stewards" will be given continually increased hunting access and unlimited killing of wildlife is to keep them mollified as the deals to export our WATER are done.

I also agree with your last sentence, but, the coming conflict will be very ugly.

Spy
04-29-2016, 05:12 PM
http://blog.dogwoodinitiative.org/2016/04/29/trophy-hunting-racists-policy-bc/#comment-53
Just found this they are a year late but it will be hitting the media outlets soon!

by Kai Nagata (http://blog.dogwoodinitiative.org/author/knagata/) on April 29, 2016
Afro wigs, bananas, and big cheques for the politicians in the room
It’s Spring, which means the usual passel of foreign executives, weird dentists, and professional sports players are flying around B.C. looking for grizzly bears to kill.
Whatever you think of hunting for meat, the Spring grizzly hunt is different. Having emerged from hibernation, the bears wander down from their snowy dens to look for food. That’s when they’re shot, skinned, and decapitated. Their bodies are left to rot.

Spring also brings the trophy hunting industry’s annual ballroom gala, featuring BC Liberal ministers, plenty of taxidermy, and comedic musical acts. Here’s a picture of five guides at an event in Kelowna, wearing Afro wigs and holding bananas.
http://blog.dogwoodinitiative.org/wp-content/uploads/2016/04/Screen-Shot-2016-04-29-at-10.19.20-AM.png
The picture was captioned “The Jackson 5, all grown up,” until it was deleted from the Facebook page of the Guide Outfitters Association of British Columbia. The trophy hunters also scrubbed a picture of “Manjeet,” described as “a GOABC classic”.
http://blog.dogwoodinitiative.org/wp-content/uploads/2016/04/Screen-Shot-2016-04-29-at-10.21.07-AM.png
Also performing that night was Guide Outfitters Association executive director Scott Ellis dressed up as Prince, another celebrated black artist (who died last week).
http://blog.dogwoodinitiative.org/wp-content/uploads/2016/04/Screen-Shot-2016-04-29-at-10.21.22-AM.png
Why is this relevant to B.C. politics, and the unfolding scandal over corporate donations? Well, there were at least two government ministers in the crowd at this 2013 event, including the minister in charge of hunting, Steve Thomson. Here he is accepting an Okanagan wine basket from Scott Ellis, who looks like he’s still wearing eyeshadow.

Along with Ellis, Minister Thomson is the other spokesman trotted out twice a year to defend the trophy hunt, which 91 percent of British Columbians oppose (http://www.insightswest.com/news/british-columbians-and-albertans-condemn-trophy-hunting/).
Why does the government of British Columbia continue to promote an activity that delivers a negative economic impact (http://news.nationalpost.com/news/canada/is-b-c-s-trophy-hunt-for-grizzly-bears-bad-business), violates First Nations law (http://www.bearsforever.ca/), and is clearly against the values of British Columbians?
The political donations can’t hurt. A month before Minister Thomson received his wine basket in Kelowna, the BC Liberals cashed a $12,500 cheque from the Guide Outfitters Association.
According to a quick search of Elections BC (http://contributions.electionsbc.gov.bc.ca/pcs/SA1SearchResults.aspx?FilerSK=%28ALL%29&EDSK=0&FilerTypeSK=0&Contributor=guide+outfitters&PartySK=0&ED=%28ALL%29&FilerType=%28ALL%29&Filer=%28ALL%29&Party=%28ALL%29&DateTo=&DateFrom=&DFYear=&DFMonth=&DFDay=&DTYear=&DTMonth=&DTDay=) records, the trophy hunters have given at least $76,175 to Christy Clark and the BC Liberals, with $9,025 going to the BC NDP.
http://blog.dogwoodinitiative.org/wp-content/uploads/2016/04/Screen-Shot-2016-04-29-at-10.21.45-AM.png
Whether it’s the election cash or just a shared taste in entertainment, the Liberal ministers give their friends the Guide Outfitters nearly anything they ask for. And not just grizzly bears — last year resident hunters got a rude surprise when the government started transferring licences (http://www.theglobeandmail.com/news/british-columbia/bc-hunters-gather-in-victoria-to-protest-quotas-given-to-non-residents/article23253728/) for food animals like moose and elk over to the foreign trophy hunting industry.
These bizarre galas are just one more reason to ban corporate money in B.C. politics. The donations may be legal, but they leave citizens with the distinct impression that the province’s animals are up for sale, with a portion of proceeds going straight into the Premier’s pocket.
Please join our campaign to Ban Big Money in B.C. politics (http://banbigmoney.ca/).

http://blog.dogwoodinitiative.org/wp-content/uploads/2016/04/Screen-Shot-2016-04-29-at-10.21.58-AM.pngFrom the 2012 GOABC Gala. “In recognition of her support for our industry,
Premier Clark was presented with the President’s Award.”

Facebook (http://www.facebook.com/sharer/sharer.php?u=http://bit.ly/24pOYnU&t=Meet+the+trophy-hunting+racists+who+dictate+wildlife+policy+in+B.C .)
Twitter (http://blog.dogwoodinitiative.org/2016/04/29/trophy-hunting-racists-policy-bc/#)