PDA

View Full Version : Springer stud

Morleystw
02-07-2015, 09:44 AM
Live in the caribou,would like to find a girlfriend for my buddy before he loses his friends.hes 11/2 old,pb ,brown &white,smart heathy,came from a breeder in Quebec ,don't have his papers as I got him used and not from the original owner.so if there's someone out there with a suitable donor lmk.picts aval...

SPEYMAN
02-07-2015, 12:21 PM
Appears her is looking for a girl friend for his boy, not a boy friend for his girl.

Foxton Gundogs
02-07-2015, 01:15 PM
Yes you are correct sorry. I re-read the OP. I would suggest to the OP that you neuter your dog and enjoy him as a pet and hunting companion. To be Blunt there are more than enough great quality, registered, health certified males from great FTC/NFC bloodlines to make bother with trying to stand an unregistered male. Sorry but that is the long and short of it.

FirePower
02-07-2015, 04:05 PM
As Foxton has said, there really isn't any room for an unregistered dog in the stud world. Lighten him up and enjoy him, there is no money in standing a dog at stud,let alone an unregistered one, those of us who have awhole dog do so largely to fill our own needs as breeders.

Morleystw
02-08-2015, 09:03 AM
Ok,ok,STUD was the wrong word,lots of great x-breed dogs out there as pets and companions ect and this was a FREE offer....:)

Foxton Gundogs
02-08-2015, 10:03 AM
And I believe I said that, I was responding to you request for a "girlfriend" not the fact that you HAVE an unregistered dog. There is nothing wrong with you having an unregistered dog, there ARElots of unregistered or cross bred dogs that are great family pets and hunting companions, just don't be trying to use it to breed with, do you even know about the genetic health history Hips, Eyes, PFK of your dog? These are all genetic health issues that crop up in Springers and by using dogs that are untested and of unknown pedigree there is a real chance of handing your puppy buyers bundle of heartbreak instead a bundle of joy. As I posted earlier, neuter your dog and enjoy him as a family pet and hunting partner, but if you are going to try breeding do so responsibly and use registered dogs from 100% field bred bloodlines that have been tested for genetic health issues.

Ranger95
02-08-2015, 10:04 AM
Ok,ok,STUD was the wrong word,lots of great x-breed dogs out there as pets and companions ect and this was a FREE offer....:)

Its your dog do with it as you please.

If you can find him a nice (willing) girlfriend let them have fun. We have a red heeler that's turning five this year, every now and then he spends a day or two with some other healers - (he normally sleeps for two days after each visit)

I have never asked for anything or expected anything in return, and Boom's has the biggest smile on his face for weeks.

Foxton Gundogs
02-08-2015, 10:38 AM
R95, I do not know the genetic health issues with heelers, so I won't comment on that. I do know breed crosses in the cow dog world are common, I know lots of great cattle dogs who are mixes of the different breeds, when I was on the ranch mine was a 3(possibly 4)way cross. But I do know Springers, I have been breeding them since 1984, we know the genetic health issues and test for them and there by produce good pups that we guarantee. To breed a dog from a breed with known genetic health issues when you don't know the history of the linage or the issues your dog may have or be carrying(even though it appears healthy) is nothing less than irresponsible, sorry but that's a fact. Try consoling a kid who just had to have their dog put down at the age of 3 or 4 beause it's hips were so bad it couldn't even get up in the morning(even though both parents appeared healthy when they were bred) and you will understand my dedication to this issue.

pnbrock
02-08-2015, 01:30 PM
hope you fixed the dog you gave him foxton!!

Foxton Gundogs
02-08-2015, 04:01 PM
A- I never GIVE dogs away, and B- she will not be having anymore pups due to complications from a C-section.I look after my retired dogs and their welfare responsibly.

Montana
02-28-2015, 09:05 AM
What Jim and others have said.... I guess my question is why do you want to find a female to breed him to?

bc cooker
03-01-2015, 08:56 AM
Ok,ok,STUD was the wrong word,lots of great x-breed dogs out there as pets and companions ect and this was a FREE offer….:)
You are an idiot and you don't understand.

Morleystw
03-12-2015, 12:26 PM
Who the phuck are you to call anyone an idiot?do you own a dog?maybe you need to not drink before you add your 2 bits,or do you need to go on Dr.phil and find out the true depth of your problem???😊😊

Foxton Gundogs
03-12-2015, 12:50 PM
Who the phuck are you to call anyone an idiot?do you own a dog?maybe you need to not drink before you add your 2 bits,or do you need to go on Dr.phil and find out the true depth of your problem???

There are some very dedicated people that take the responsible breeding of pure bred dogs very seriously. Sometimes emotions take over. The comments from myself, Fire Power and Montana are serious and good information/questions from people who have been doing this for over 100 yrs between us. Not making excuses for anyone just giving an explanation. As I said before there is no reason to breed an unregistered, untested dog. Just have him fixed and enjoy him for the rest of his life. It will be better for the dog and you both.

albravo2
03-12-2015, 12:56 PM

Go troll somewhere else. You are adding nothing but stupidity to this discussion.

FirePower
03-13-2015, 11:24 AM
Go troll somewhere else. You are adding nothing but stupidity to this discussion.

While I agree the first part of Mr. Cook's statement may have been uncalled for, I believe the second part has some merit.