PDA

View Full Version : BCWF President on Global tonight...

Ohwildwon
02-06-2015, 10:54 PM
BCWF President on Global News tonight..

Watch vid here: http://globalnews.ca/news/1817454/b-c-government-backtracks-takes-another-shot-at-hunting-allocation/

02-06-2015, 11:11 PM
What the hell is Global running all the anti-hunting videos for beside him while he speaks?

Whonnock Boy
02-06-2015, 11:11 PM
Nice looped vid of dead bears, and a guy looking through his high powered assault rifle. As much as I appreciate him working on our behalf, a grizzly bear shirt is just adding fuel to the fire for the wrong sides. Something to think about for the next time Mr. Wilson.

02-06-2015, 11:13 PM
GREAT JOB PREZ .......classy all the way through ...... STRAIGHT GOODS .......THIS NEW FEB 6 2015 allocation policy ........ NO GOOD BC GOVERNMENT ........ GET BACK DOWN AND FIX THE MANY THINGS WRONG WITH THE RELATIONSHIP BETWEEN THE TWO GROUPS ......... SO MUCH MORE TO THIS THEN 60 animals .......

It's like trying to put a band-aid over an arterial spurt .....

sit it back down government ........ You choose ....... 102,000 votes FOR YOU or 102,000 against you !

The residents of BC have been pushed to far ....... We have barely woken up, hear us LOUD AND CLEAR

bring this in line with NORTH AMERICAN STANDARDS ....... WE WILL ACCEPT NOTHING LESS

CT

Caribou_lou
02-06-2015, 11:22 PM
We'll, looking forward to hearing what will come of that board meeting. Hope they stick to their guns at 10%. Nothing more.

HarryToolips
02-06-2015, 11:37 PM
We'll, looking forward to hearing what will come of that board meeting. Hope they stick to their guns at 10%. Nothing more.
Exactly......

Ohwildwon
02-06-2015, 11:44 PM
Nice looped vid of dead bears, and a guy looking through his high powered assault rifle. As much as I appreciate him working on our behalf, a grizzly bear shirt is just adding fuel to the fire for the wrong sides. Something to think about for the next time Mr. Wilson.

I agree, need to look professional.. And that looped vid? Ugh! otherwise, well spoken....

srupp
02-06-2015, 11:54 PM
Hmmm jeez was Ellis ever embarrassing..crying guides...divorces...

Next time sports fans...and BCWF....state the facts...have them there written down if need be..
What numbers were agreed to in 2007...and how many moose are resident hunters losing the OPPORTUNITY to hunt? 600 a year? and why do non residents get 40% of the grizzly tags? And 30% of the sheep Tags...and from 10% to now 25 % of the moose we put on our tables.?

Numbers pin Thompson and the government down..keep asking the same question..slow with facts, numbers

Notice how nowbody...bcwf..gobc..Thompson got to facts and figures...without facts...numbers its never going to end well it ends with Thompson giving general statements how its better now for resident hunters...shove the numbers back at him...make him answer how the Hell is 90% compared to the 70% beibg offerred.

Oh and somdbody please get Ellis a tissue....pathetic when you dont have the numbers to prove your point..please Bcwf start using the numbers so voters understand..that gets politicians nervous..
Steven

kennyg826
02-07-2015, 12:16 AM
Now we go for the throat. 90-10 across the board. All GO's on Leh and no GOS. How? Like you folks suggested. Pick off the liberal mla's one by one. Anybody for some redneck bowling?

kawdy
02-07-2015, 12:20 AM
I strongly agree Srupp. I was disappointed not to here numbers and percentages. Something every non hunter can understand. We all know the numbers 40 %, 25 % etc., and how they relate to the North American industry standard. I believe this should be mentioned every time any of us have an opportunity to interact with media.

srupp
02-07-2015, 12:44 AM
Hmmm numbers prove the story...what are the non resident number of hunts in Nevada, Utah, Wyoming etc for sheep? 5% or less why 30 % in bc..same for all other big game animals..that demonstrates how badly the resident taxpaying hunters are getting hosed..these are comparisons voters understand..ask thompson..he should know...thsts what we pay him for and how decisions need to be based...why is bc so far out of whack?
Numbers sheep hunt...30 k..sure explains the 30 % goabc...thats for 2 weeks work...g bears...goats its a numbers game $$$$$$....

All at the expense of the residend hunter..it does not matter what the success rate is...the opportunity is being sold..
Steven
Going to take an extra blood pressure pill...lol
Bottom line if there are not enough for the resident tacpayers..there are not enough for sale to wealthy non residents...ya take care of family and kinfolks before strangers..no exceptions

180grainer
02-07-2015, 12:45 AM
Is it me or is the video playing beside the BCWF guy giving a negative image of hunting generally? I'll leave it at that. Watch it and see what you think.

flyboy
02-07-2015, 02:45 AM
totally agree with srupp, every call in show I keep waiting to hear these exact arguments. Instead they allow Thompson to venture off talking about irrelevant points. Maybe he doesn't know the numbers. Stop him and bring him back to the question.

keep asking why 30% in BC and 5% elsewhere till he answers it directly. No wavering

Why if there is a shortage of Moose to the point residents are on LEH is there a 42 moose a year quote given to the outfitter north of PG? Answer that straight!!!

Well we are on the subject, Can the BCWF call and request a radio session with some of these call in talk show stations. Tons of people tune into these daily....state the numbers, state the US comparisons, state the fact wildlife is being privatized for sale to foreign interests. Being nice is hardly working.

chilcotin hillbilly
02-07-2015, 07:35 AM
I have to say I am surprised at some of you. You people jerk the numbers around and don't come clean on the facts just as you are claiming Ellis and Thompson are doing. Once in a lifetime tags in almost every state there is sheep, same with moose, goat.....no grizzly hunting, draw only for trophy mule deer in a lot of zones throughout the different states.

You cannot compare what happens here to anywhere in the lower 48 residents don't even reach the AAH on sheep in a lot of PMU's same with grizzly and goat.

Paulyman
02-07-2015, 07:41 AM
Chilcotin hillbilly
allocation policy in North America. Conversely, for resident hunters, it is one of the worst. Generally speaking the minimum allocations for guide-outfitters in BC is better than the maximum in other jurisdictions. Following is a general outline of non-resident (guide- outfitter) allocations in other jurisdictions:
Outline of Non-resident Allocation Other Jurisdictions Jurisdiction Share Guide-outfitter Required British Columbia Maximum 30-40% Minimum 10-20% Several unallocated hunts Yes Outfitter or resident host for unallocated hunts Saskatchewan 4% (moose) *14% (white-tailed deer) 0% mule deer Yes *Not for Canadian residents Arizona 10% Maximum (legislated) No Colorado 20% Maximum (legislated) No Idaho ~10% No Montana 10% (legislated) No Nevada 10% sheep (legislated) 5% other species (legislated) No New Mexico Currently 22% Possible legislated max 10% in the future No Oregon 5% most species No Utah 10% (legislated) No Washington ~5% No Wyoming 25% sheep (legislated) 20% other species Outfitter max 12% of allocation Alberta Non-resident alien (from outside Canada) Typically 2-7% (species dependent) Max 10% Yes
After the policy was signed off in 2007, GOABC and its members have continuously tried to have the policy ignored, marginalized, changed and eliminated several times via special reports and mechanisms to which resident hunters do not have access. Until 2011 all of the attempts and tools available, such as the Environmental Appeal Board, have failed. The current policy has been upheld at several levels.
In 2011, through heavy political lobbying, GOABC influenced government to contract a review that considered the implications of the implementation of the Wildlife Allocation
BC Wildlife Federation Wildlife Allocation 5

Buck
02-07-2015, 08:07 AM
While i appreciate the effort from the BCWF president.It is clear that he is hogtied by the Charitable status conundrum.When the resident priority group gets up in full swing they are going to have hire a professional mudslinger to make the points clear and precise .

Wild one
02-07-2015, 09:17 AM
First off I respect the man for taking the time to stand up and speak on behalf of resident hunters. It is not easy to speak when you are put on the spot and it takes skill to do this well and many do not possess this skill.

2 Things that need to be done if resident hunters are going to be taken serious in this matter.

1) Representatives speaking to the public need to be well spoken and clear. There cannot be hesitation well speaking as the need to appear well informed is important. There are members of the public will assume a man is ill informed just by umm being used too often when he speaks.

2) Need to educate the public on the true numbers and %. Information on past and present Allocation policies need to be given. Examples of how allocation numbers are split in North America is also valuable. Documentation showing past allocation numbers and the proposed allocation numbers is important. We may know these facts but a large portion of the public does not. There has be a huge amount of info posted on this forum alone that the public needs to see in regards to numbers and %.

This fight will not be won by passion alone and we need to educate the public why resident hunters are making a stand. The facts and documentation is available and needs to be show to the public. This needs to be done without slander against the GOABC as well.

I thank the BCWF for being involved and not nocking them only stating what is lacking when resident hunters are being represented in the media.

Mishka
02-07-2015, 09:17 AM
I hate to be critical, but a non-hunter listening to that news clip won't have a clue whats going on. It doesn't help that Global decided to show anti hunting footage beside him. Whoever is going to speak on behalf of the resident hunters needs to be prepared with clear and concise answer that will make the average joe understand and in turn get their support. The general public needs to know but right now I don't think they do.

Stone Sheep Steve
02-07-2015, 09:25 AM
Trying to explain the 2007 Allocation Policy(even summarizing it) in less than a minute is pretty much impossible.

Fisher-Dude
02-07-2015, 09:30 AM
People who criticize others who have volunteered to do a huge job. Yeah.

02-07-2015, 09:35 AM
Is it me or is the video playing beside the BCWF guy giving a negative image of hunting generally? I'll leave it at that. Watch it and see what you think.

I absolutely agree. Global is a joke. Obviously they have an anti hunting agenda. Simultaneously showing those bizzare and somewhat disturbing images while interviewing the president of the BCWF showed a complete lack of professionalism and respect on Globals behalf.

Mishka
02-07-2015, 09:41 AM

I fully appreciate what he and many others are doing. I'm not saying I could do better. But sometimes criticism is necessary. It doesn't have to be a bad thing.... get it. It's to the benefit of all to tweak what is being done to help the cause. Just because someone has volunteered doesn't mean they may be good a specific task... like public speaking. It's not a personal attack, jeesh.

Timbow
02-07-2015, 09:49 AM

You nailed it!

Wild one
02-07-2015, 09:51 AM

I think you are taking it the wrong way and being too defensive.

The truth of the matter is if nothing but praise is given you never see improvement. Like I said the man took on a tough job and has my respect for taking it on.

The reality of it is in a fight like this if you want your side to be listened to you well talking to the public you must be clear and prepared. The truth of the matter is the public is very judgmental and support can be gained and lost by small actions.

I thank the man for volunteering his time but I am a realist. Remember it is not the favour of hunters that needs to be reached in the media it is politicians and the general public.

With the hunting forums like this the BCWF can easily gather info and input from resident hunters before taking on the tough job of the media.

Viper
02-07-2015, 09:53 AM
Global is anti hunting. Remember a couple of years ago they refused to air hunting shows. Showing that loop of anti footage was their way of taking a jab at us. If the BCWF is to be taken seriously they need to hire a professional communications person. They need all the facts and numbers to be delivered in a clear and concise manner. A well spoken "talking head" is better than unprepared impromptu TV interviews. I don't get involved in on line debates as I am not familiar with all the facts but this GOABC crap has drawn me out.

Fisher-Dude
02-07-2015, 09:58 AM
I think you are taking it the wrong way and being too defensive.

The truth of the matter is if nothing but praise is given you never see improvement. Like I said the man took on a tough job and has my respect for taking it on.

The reality of it is in a fight like this if you want your side to be listened to you well talking to the public you must be clear and prepared. The truth of the matter is the public is very judgmental and support can be gained and lost by small actions.

I thank the man for volunteering his time but I am a realist. Remember it is not the favour of hunters that needs to be reached in the media it is politicians and the general public.

With the hunting forums like this the BCWF can easily gather info and input from resident hunters before taking on the tough job of the media.

When are you running for BCWF president?

02-07-2015, 10:09 AM
Global is anti hunting. Remember a couple of years ago they refused to air hunting shows. Showing that loop of anti footage was their way of taking a jab at us. If the BCWF is to be taken seriously they need to hire a professional communications person. They need all the facts and numbers to be delivered in a clear and concise manner. A well spoken "talking head" is better than unprepared impromptu TV interviews. I don't get involved in on line debates as I am not familiar with all the facts but this GOABC crap has drawn me out.

I agree. As resident hunters we need to unite and start to control the narrative on hunting. We need to look and sound professional and educated. There are enough hunters in BC that a small annual contribution from each of us would be enough to hire a PR firm on an ongoing basis.

blacklab
02-07-2015, 10:16 AM
If that is the best we as resident hunters can put forward, we've lost this battle. We don't even know what we had or what we want.

It's time for a group whose sole focus is to represent BC resident hunters and anglers, and not affiliated with the BCWF.

f350ps
02-07-2015, 10:28 AM
If that is the best we as resident hunters can put forward, we've lost this battle. We don't even know what we had or what we want.

It's time for a group whose sole focus is to represent BC resident hunters and anglers, and not affiliated with the BCWF.
Good luck!!! :) K

02-07-2015, 10:35 AM

WOW ! ........ Fill your boots if you think you can do better ....... So many criticize ..... Got to wonder what are THEY doing for the cause ....... GLOBAL PUT THE CRAP ON WITH BRUTAL VIDEO .......

Personally, thank you BCWF for your part in representing the bulk of BC residents ....... Stay the Course, were Far from done ....... This Government is making its bed ....... 102,000 for or against ....... Take your pick.

Get back and LOOK AFTER US RESIDENTS THAT VOTED YOU IN ....... OR YOUR DONE

Wild one
02-07-2015, 10:49 AM
When are you running for BCWF president?

Won't happen as I will not beat my head against the wall with the politics of any club. I have my reasons from past experience

If listening to the opinion of the people that are being represented is a problem how are you going to represent them?

Look at the big picture rather than wasting your time arguing with those who are represented in this fight as well

dbergen69
02-07-2015, 11:38 AM
This is the comment I send to Shirley Bond and Steve Thomson. It takes a minute to email your MLA, a bit longer to call. It is important that our MLAs understand that we will not put up with an unfair allocation policy and it will impact number of votes they get.

, I would just like you to know that, although I appreciate the governments recent attempt to correct the wildlife allocation policy mistake, any allocation policy that provides less than 90% to resident hunters is unacceptable. I will not support any party or individual MLA associated with a party that supports an allocation policy that does not provide a minimum of 90% of each species in each area to resident hunters.

blacklab
02-07-2015, 11:48 AM
OK' I'll join my local BCWF affiliated club (again)! I like going to meetings run by Non if not Anti hunters. We can talk about ski trails blue birds, and a sh-t house on wheels.
Think where we would be if we had left it up to the BCWF to fight the gun registry fight, we would be using sharp sticks.
We need an organization like the NFA, give up nothing!!!

srupp
02-07-2015, 12:23 PM
Hmm bcwf is doing a credible job , prez did not misspeak..just a bit more non arguable facts.
.there are lots of good honest guide outfitters who are trying to provide à once in a lifetime service and oportunity that is legal..they are following therules to earn a living to feed their families pay the bills .

When whatever is the outcome we will in some sort share the same outdoors and have a chance to limit roads, eliminate more preditors, help increase big game numbers.
Let the facts speak...
Steven

luckofthedraw
02-07-2015, 12:38 PM
I thought the Prez George Wilson did a good job. No one else is able to get time on global for this cause. I commend BCWF for making themselves available. We do need a fixed approach, and by the sounds of it, that is being worked on from every angle. Be a little more patient, and support the task at hand.

bassplayer
02-07-2015, 01:06 PM
Regardless if Global are anti hunting or not, i still think they are on our side in terms of this allocation issue. If the anti hunting community had to choose a side for who to fight for, who's side do you think they would choose? The G..O.A.B.C. that bring foreign trophy hunters to our province in search of a head or a rug? Or the resident hunter that hunts to put food on the table for their family? The more people in this province that we can educate and have them understand what is actually happening with this allocation issue, the more people that will be less likely to vote for the Liberals at the next election.

j270wsm
02-07-2015, 01:12 PM
I'm extremely happy we had someone stand up and fight for us on the news. I wish he would have had some factual numbers to give the public so they could actually see how many tags are being sold to the guides. Maybe we'll get another opportunity before this is over.

40incher
02-07-2015, 01:20 PM
BCWF President on Global News tonight..

Watch vid here: http://globalnews but no.ca/news/1817454/b-c-government-backtracks-takes-another-shot-at-hunting-allocation/

Tried to watch the interview today but it won't load. Even watched the ad to see if it made a difference but no luck!

Regardless, Global TV is loaded with anti-hunting sentiment so I'm not surprised they once again have exposed their bias. Perhaps they should be reminded it is their job to fairly report the news instead of glorifying negativity. CBC isn't much different.

02-07-2015, 01:29 PM
Tried to watch the interview today but it won't load. Even watched the ad to see if it made a difference but no luck!

Regardless, Global TV is loaded with anti-hunting sentiment so I'm not surprised they once again have exposed their bias. Perhaps they should be reminded it is their job to fairly report the news instead of glorifying negativity. CBC isn't much different.

No, their job is to sell their product. Sensationalizing "news" at the expense of facts is the norm for all the networks

Fisher-Dude
02-07-2015, 03:07 PM
Regardless if Global are anti hunting or not, i still think they are on our side in terms of this allocation issue. If the anti hunting community had to choose a side for who to fight for, who's side do you think they would choose? The G..O.A.B.C. that bring foreign trophy hunters to our province in search of a head or a rug? Or the resident hunter that hunts to put food on the table for their family? The more people in this province that we can educate and have them understand what is actually happening with this allocation issue, the more people that will be less likely to vote for the Liberals at the next election.

Raincoast was on the radio supporting the increase in GO quota. They figure that this will "save" more bears in the tenures they are buying up, as they can now remove that allocation from residents and lock it down.

Politics and backroom money changing hands makes for strange bedfellows.

FirePower
02-07-2015, 03:48 PM

I could not agree more, everyone is doing very well with what they have to work with however, the fact remains not all of us can be public speakers. If they had one or two that are, with the others doing what they do best things would go over a lot better. This is not a knock on anyone we all have fields we excell in and with a press secretary, it would go along way toward getting our case across more clear and precise. To head off comments I am no public speaker and could do the job no better. This is merely an observation

coach
02-07-2015, 05:48 PM

While I agree about global being anti-hunting, I think it's is "possible" than part of the issue with the coverage is the producer of the news article wants something "hunting related" to roll while the interview is being conducted. The antis handed them something with wildlife footage a year ago and they ran it again now. I think we all agree, what they showed was about as "anti" as it gets and full of ridiculous images. What I think we need to do for the future is provide them with more positive images to run. If we've done all we can and they still show the anti bullshit then we have a case that there's a conspiracy. If we don't it's hard to prove our case.

Case in point - Andrew Weaver came out supporting resident hunters on this issue in mid December. His first article showed a picture of a family unit of grizzly bears. I messaged him about it and he told me it was the only file picture he had. I sent him a picture of a bighorn ram and he's been using it ever since.

We "might" be able to control the message a little better but it's going to take forward thinking.

Just my thoughts..

tuner
02-07-2015, 06:33 PM
While i appreciate the effort from the BCWF president.It is clear that he is hogtied by the Charitable status conundrum.When the resident priority group gets up in full swing they are going to have hire a professional mudslinger to make the points clear and precise .
john braid soon to be ex MP might be looking for a challenging job, he would be perfect.Mudslinger extraordnaire, he'd have the GOABC brain trust running for the hills.

Apolonius
02-07-2015, 06:45 PM
Not to be seeing as a thankless ass i would like to say was kind of disappointed with the performance.It looked like we were not prepared for that.It is common knowledge Global is not our friend ,but it doesn't make them our enemies.There is a difference there.The video on the side did not look bad for BCWF,but for Global as the kept repeating the same thing and showed unpreparedness.Mr Wilson looked very unprepared too.It would be much better if he just stated the facts and differences in percentages between 2007 and 2014 and the "revised"2015 allocation.Another thing i noticed during this fight ,we are "Reactive" and goabc seems to lead and we follow.We should be planing our moves and get in the drivers seat.There must be people that have the skills to work towards that goal.And no offence but attire is the visual people see first.I feel i am let down a bit.Thats why we need to regroup and reorganize.And not come out like we are in an internal fight,as this will play nice for the government and goabc.And maybe we SHOULD have a woman as a designated spokesperson.Just some ideas from Apolonius.

flyboy
02-07-2015, 07:30 PM
I think an idea would be to allow BCWF to continue on as the charitable organization voice, which means they have to be careful what they say and do. AND

I think a huge effort should go into the Hunters Preservation Fund to get it up to speed to be that voice everyone above is asking for. It is in the position to be able to say and expose all the information that has come to light without fear of losing funding from the government. If the funds can be raised maybe a professional talker as mentioned above could be hired, take it a step further, maybe the fund association could invest in a professional lobbyist. Is it to unrealistic to think somehow a $1 fee could be added to hunting licenses that goes directly into the fund to push forward resident hunter/wildlife interests, much the same as the GOABC fee that they pass onto non residents to combat us?

40incher
02-07-2015, 08:32 PM
I still can't access the Global interview but my son watched it on his phone just today so it must be an isolated issue.

Having not seen said interview I can only go by what others are articulating.

I will say one thing, we need to stick together because this is shaping up to be a long and dirty fight. Veiled accusations by the GOABC of attacks on the poor GO's with red dots and slashed tires, stolen vehicles and cabins spontaneously combusting ... this is a wake-up call about the true enemy we are dealing with. I've dealt with it at a lower level for decades but now it seems to have ramped up quite a bit.

The BCWF are doing the best they can in my experience. Perhaps too well for the GOABC and their apologists! They are volunteers who dedicate their time and demand nothing, other than our support. Let's refocus and move forward. Their is no other choice.

What we are dealing with right now likely happened centuries ago in the "Old Country" when the King's Deer and the exclusivity of hunting in Europe emerged. Back then the outspoken peasants just disappeared without a trace! Luckily we BC'ers still live in an apparently "democratic" state. So let's keep up a united stance, our future hunters are depending on that.

Democracy only works if people stand up and defend their personal freedoms, for the benefit of all.

In my mind that's exactly what we are doing ... pretty impressive in my view!

Wentrot
02-07-2015, 08:36 PM
Not to be seeing as a thankless ass i would like to say was kind of disappointed with the performance.It looked like we were not prepared for that.It is common knowledge Global is not our friend ,but it doesn't make them our enemies.There is a difference there.The video on the side did not look bad for BCWF,but for Global as the kept repeating the same thing and showed unpreparedness.Mr Wilson looked very unprepared too.It would be much better if he just stated the facts and differences in percentages between 2007 and 2014 and the "revised"2015 allocation.Another thing i noticed during this fight ,we are "Reactive" and goabc seems to lead and we follow.We should be planing our moves and get in the drivers seat.There must be people that have the skills to work towards that goal.And no offence but attire is the visual people see first.I feel i am let down a bit.Thats why we need to regroup and reorganize.And not come out like we are in an internal fight,as this will play nice for the government and goabc.And maybe we SHOULD have a woman as a designated spokesperson.Just some ideas from Apolonius.

X2. Didn't want to say it but I was pretty disappointed in the interview. Had a great opportunity to make some solid points but really (IMO) fell way short..

Ohwildwon
02-07-2015, 09:20 PM
While I agree about global being anti-hunting, I think it's is "possible" than part of the issue with the coverage is the producer of the news article wants something "hunting related" to roll while the interview is being conducted. The antis handed them something with wildlife footage a year ago and they ran it again now. I think we all agree, what they showed was about as "anti" as it gets and full of ridiculous images. What I think we need to do for the future is provide them with more positive images to run. If we've done all we can and they still show the anti bullshit then we have a case that there's a conspiracy. If we don't it's hard to prove our case.

Case in point - Andrew Weaver came out supporting resident hunters on this issue in mid December. His first article showed a picture of a family unit of grizzly bears. I messaged him about it and he told me it was the only file picture he had. I sent him a picture of a bighorn ram and he's been using it ever since.

We "might" be able to control the message a little better but it's going to take forward thinking.

Just my thoughts..

If BC Resident Hunters had a promotional video something like this http://vimeo.com/57482146 edited down to 2 minutes might be an idea...

Blk Arrow
02-07-2015, 09:41 PM
I watched the video this morning and I am not willing to throw George Wilson under the bus. I would like to meet the person who could explain the percentage differences from the 2007 allocation to the rubbish that is being put forth now in under 30 seconds. Basically that is how long you have to make your point when tasked with public speaking. If it was easy anybody could do it. The key point in that interview was that the resident hunters are not willing to expect current proposed allocations and that the MLAs can expect visitors on March 2nd. Just my 2 cents.

Apolonius
02-08-2015, 07:31 AM
How long will it take to say."Other jurisdictions Have an allowance of 10% or less ,here in BC we give the foreign hunters up to 40%."And your next 30 seconds "The Liberals that got huge donations from goabc give up to 40% to 245 Guide out fitters and 60% to over 102 thousand residents that own this resource".In this fight we tried to let the soldiers loose out running wherever ,see forums.Instead of planning our every move Strategically.Thats why we are at this mess,with the thieves of our resource having the balls to cry foul.Get a WOMAN as a spokes person with steel balls to chew Ellis and Thompson and you see how fast the tide changes.Why do you think every ONE has a woman out front???Be it police ,forest service,governments.We are trying to win the non hunting public support.I want to believe there are some in the hunting community that can stand up face to face with this crooks.And not in a forum, read mostly ....by us.And this is not an attack to anyone.But if you are there to defend the rights of 100,000 hunters ,you better be prepared.Failing to prepare is prepare to fail.

Viper
02-08-2015, 10:02 AM
I concur with the many ideas posted thus far. Just a thought. If the public could be shown what a 90/10 allocation would look like then show that 90% to residents does not mean that 90% of tags will be cut. Success ratio for guides is higher than for resident hunters. If I pay $25,000 for a goat hunt, failure is not an option. This may already have been said somewhere. Hard to keep track of has been said where. We should try to get corporate sponsors to fund this battle.