PDA

View Full Version : Bridge Lake area ice conditions

Sylus
02-05-2015, 10:26 AM
I was wondering if anyone could tell me what the ice conditions are like on the lakes in the Bridge Lake area (around 3800 ft elevation). I have got a tripped planned for that area this weekend and this recent warm spell has got me a bit concerned.

Cheer, Sylus

XPEIer
02-05-2015, 06:38 PM
Ice fishing derby on Deka this Saturday, snowmobile tracks on Lac la Hache today, so I suspect Bridge would be fine.

xpeier

Sofa King
02-05-2015, 07:03 PM
probably a bit cooler up there.
but be careful all the same.
four people broke through the ice on swan the other day, and people love to drive out onto there.....scary.

Steelpulse
02-05-2015, 07:17 PM
Ya i'd say would be ok, but last year around this time we went and ii was leading the 3 of us all separated by 10 yards and I went a foot down on one step, thinking im going through I just lean backwards trying to not fall in but then realize there was 24" of ice with a layer of water in the middle, there was a very large section with 3 inch ice few inch water sluuch and then 10" ice, so be wary but should be ok

Cyrus
02-05-2015, 07:23 PM
6 inches of ice in the middle of Horse last weekend. ice varied all over the place....ya the weather has sucked this year. if the lake is covered in water I would be hesitant...drill a fewholes

tigrr
02-05-2015, 08:26 PM
To remove doubt drill test holes. Don't take anyone else's word for it. It may cost you it all. I have been on lakes where the minimum was 8 inches up to that point and found after drilling a few more holes it was only 4 inches. Later forming ice. Still lakes with open water near Horsefly.

REMINGTON JIM
02-05-2015, 08:49 PM
1 c above right now - melting again in the last couple of days - bits of rain - ice mainly good on some lakes - Lots of Slush in spots - be Carefull ! Fishing has NOT being good this year ! :cry: RJ

Cyrus
02-06-2015, 06:49 PM
everything is under water right now...just getting worse.