PDA

View Full Version : March 2nd charter bus Kamloops to Victoria Rally

ruttinbuck
02-04-2015, 06:27 PM
Gents
I got a couple of quotes today on a bus charter for the Victoria rally.
Bus would leave Kamloops by 4am and return after the rally. It seats 48 and looks to be $80+/- per seat.
I need to see if there is enough interest to go ahead and reserve the bus and a ferry spot.
Thanks RB

Whonnock Boy
02-04-2015, 06:45 PM
I don't think leaving at 4am will get you there for 11am. Would be tight if you hit the 9am ferry. The traffic on the other side backs up a bit with ferry commuters. Better late than never though!!!

kayjayess
02-04-2015, 06:52 PM
Nice work on this gents. This is a grassroots movement and we need involvement at the club level to make this a success. This is exactly what you guys are doing.

I would love to see buses that size roll in from every corner of the province. Keep up the great work!

twanger
02-04-2015, 06:55 PM
RB we should just have a pub night Sunday and leave from there :twisted:......

Jagermeister
02-04-2015, 06:58 PM
FGI, I like your thinking. I told RB I'm in.

hardnocks
02-04-2015, 07:26 PM
I`am in and at least one more

luckofthedraw
02-04-2015, 07:43 PM
Gents
I got a couple of quotes today on a bus charter for the Victoria rally.
Bus would leave Kamloops by 4am and return after the rally. It seats 48 and looks to be $80+/- per seat.
I need to see if there is enough interest to go ahead and reserve the bus and a ferry spot.
Thanks RB

Interested! I was also going to look into this also. Is this a coach style bus, and how many people does it sit or how many needed to get the best price? I was also thinking...are these rentable, or are school buses rentable?? A guy with a class 1, or a smaller bus with a class 4 might be able to rent a bus for cheaper? Thanks for bringing it up.

ruttinbuck
02-04-2015, 07:50 PM
I don't think letomorrow to set g at 4am will get you there for 11am. Would be tight if you hit the 9am ferry. The traffic on the other side backs up a bit with ferry commuters. Better late than never though!!!
I figured on the road by 4 would put us on the 8am boat.
If someone can critique my times please do.its been 20 yrs since I have been on the island.
Also guys I am contacting the charter again tomorrow to work details.
I need to get a deadline to fill the bus....outside chance we dont get enough hunters comitting the trip can be canceled RB

dakoda62
02-04-2015, 07:55 PM
What route would you be planning ie stopping in Kelowna.

Daybreak
02-04-2015, 07:56 PM
4 hours by bus to the Tsawwassen ferry slip in early March road conditions and in the dark is a stretch. Reservations on the ferry (even for buses) demand being there 1 hour prior to sailing. We can work through this one way or another.

coach
02-04-2015, 07:59 PM
What route would you be planning ie stopping in Kelowna.

There should be enough from kamloops to fill a couple buses.. Same with Kelowna. Not going to be necessary to make stops out of the way to fill up.

ruttinbuck
02-04-2015, 08:01 PM
4 hours by bus to the Tsawwassen ferry slip in early March road conditions and in the dark is a stretch. Reservations on the ferry (even for buses) demand being there 1 hour prior to sailing. We can work through this one way or another.
Would a 830 or 9am sailing get us there by 11am?

Daybreak
02-04-2015, 08:07 PM
Best routes as Coach described are Kamloops direct to Tsawwassen and Kelowna direct to Tsawwassen. I suggest that you would need 5 hours travel and arrival at Ferry Slip 1 hour prior to departure. I know 5 hours is generous however keep in mind these will be buses and road conditions can be a factor in travel times. Depart 6 hours prior to sailing for each location...safe bet.

TPG
02-04-2015, 08:14 PM
Sorry if I missed this somewhere, but what is the date for this?

ruttinbuck
02-04-2015, 08:15 PM
Best routes as Coach described are Kamloops direct to Tsawwassen and Kelowna direct to Tsawwassen. I suggest that you would need 5 hours travel and arrival at Ferry Slip 1 hour prior to departure. I know 5 hours is generous however keep in mind these will be buses and road conditions can be a factor in travel times. Depart 6 hours prior to sailing for each location...safe bet.
Roger that

Daybreak
02-04-2015, 08:16 PM
March 2nd 2015, steps of the Legislature building in Victoria. It is the title of the thread you realise? Attendance is mandatory.

ruttinbuck
02-04-2015, 08:27 PM
Twanger you are a bad man!!

TPG
02-04-2015, 08:33 PM
March 2nd 2015, steps of the Legislature building in Victoria. It is the title of the thread you realise? Attendance is mandatory.

Haha, wow I'm an idiot. Thanks though

f350ps
02-04-2015, 08:41 PM
You have to be at the ticket booth no later than 30 mins before. K

Jagermeister
02-04-2015, 08:49 PM
Calculated partially by GPS map program.

Bus parked near Legislature 10:30 AM
Swartz Bay to Legislature :40 min.
Tsawwassen to Swartz Bay 1:35 sailing time.
Arrival before departure 1:00
Kamloops to Tsawwassen 4:00

Looks like a 3:00 AM departure time to me.

kayjayess
02-04-2015, 08:56 PM
Great work guys. Make this thing work. It can be a template for everyone else. We need buses from every city in BC.

ruttinbuck
02-04-2015, 08:57 PM

krazy
02-04-2015, 09:08 PM

I'm with Twanger! And if 4AM might be too late we just back it up a couple (2AM?) so we can hit an earlier sailing and be there a bit early.

ruttinbuck
02-04-2015, 09:16 PM
Calculated partially by GPS map program.

Bus parked near Legislature 10:30 AM
Swartz Bay to Legislature :40 min.
Tsawwassen to Swartz Bay 1:35 sailing time.
Arrival before departure 1:00
Kamloops to Tsawwassen 4:00

Looks like a 3:00 AM departure time to me.
Jager the details are shaping up
I like your plan 3am start maybe the kicker RB

twanger
02-04-2015, 09:22 PM
Doug, will have to watch the drivers hours, think he is only aloud a 16, someone please correct me if wrong!

vikinghunter
02-04-2015, 09:26 PM
15 hours max for daily driving time, Im up at 2am every morning and have a class 1, if we only had a bus to rent!

Jagermeister
02-04-2015, 09:33 PM
15 hours max for daily driving time, Im up at 2am every morning and have a class 1, if we only had a bus to rent!
you could be the spare driver.

Fisher-Dude
02-04-2015, 10:08 PM
Most people spend $80 for a day trip out to do some hunting.

Heck of a deal for folks to do something that will affect their hunting for years to come. And meeting with some good folks who share your love of the outdoors is priceless!

Good job RB for stepping up and helping out!

ruttinbuck
02-04-2015, 10:14 PM
Doug, will have to watch the drivers hours, think he is only aloud a 16, someone please correct me if wrong!
The 2nd Driver has been included in the quote

twanger
02-04-2015, 10:16 PM
You the man, start spreadin the news.....

luckofthedraw
02-04-2015, 10:20 PM
80$ sounds great. Does that include ferry cost??

ruttinbuck
02-04-2015, 10:28 PM
I will finalize costs tomorrow after talking to the charter again and post when I have a complete break down
$80 will be close RB

DR.DOUG
02-04-2015, 10:28 PM
Might want to check the ferry schedule, I don't think there is a 8:00 am departure on that day.

Jagermeister
02-04-2015, 11:51 PM
Dr Doug is right. There is no 8;00 Am sailing.
To accommodate the 1 hour predeparture, the bus will have to be on the loading ramp at 6:00 AM for a 7:00 AM sailing. A 9:00 AM sailing is too late.
So that puts the bus out no later than 2:00 AM departure from Kamloops.
I haven't really allowed for any interruptions in the drive. RB, you might want to check to see the viability of the timetable when you talk to the bus operator.
It would not hurt to arrive at the Legislature earlier than the 10:30 AM time I suggested.

Jagermeister
02-04-2015, 11:52 PM
Damm, I am getting stoked!

Whonnock Boy
02-05-2015, 12:21 AM
Yeah, 7 or 9am are your only choices. http://www.bcferries.com/schedules/mainland/tssw-current.php

Spy
02-05-2015, 12:41 AM
Good job guys keep up the good work. I look forward to meeting you all :-)

treehugger
02-05-2015, 12:55 AM
For what it's worth:

The ferries run every odd hour this time of year (other than some weekend sailings and holidays). The crossing is 1:35, busses are usually the first off... say 1:40 after leaving the dock in Tsawassen then it's another 40mins to the legislature. You're probably looking at another 10mins once you're there to get everyone off the bus and to the steps. So from Tsawassen to the legislature plan 2:30 minimum if there are no hiccups.

Vladimir Poutine
02-05-2015, 08:49 AM
I don't think leaving at 4am will get you there for 11am. Would be tight if you hit the 9am ferry. The traffic on the other side backs up a bit with ferry commuters. Better late than never though!!!

From the Loops to Tsawassen is now no more than 4 hours by passenger vehicle with the new perimeter road. A charter will make it in plenty of time for a 9:00 sailing. The unknown is traffic on the other side. Eighty bucks is a bargain. I have the dog to bring so I will drive but this is a great idea.

ruttinbuck
02-05-2015, 09:27 AM
From the Loops to Tsawassen is now no more than 4 hours by passenger vehicle with the new perimeter road. A charter will make it in plenty of time for a 9:00 sailing. The unknown is traffic on the other side. Eighty bucks is a bargain. I have the dog to bring so I will drive but this is a great idea.
Vlad this perimeter road details please

coach
02-05-2015, 09:57 AM

It's now the main route to the Tswassen ferry terminal when traveling from the fraser valley.

pg83
02-05-2015, 09:57 AM
http://www.sfprhighway17.ca

Basically makes the last leg of your journey a lot quicker. That said I have no clue what it is like between 6-8am on a weekday morning.

Vladimir Poutine
02-05-2015, 10:30 AM

The other reply is correct. This road exits from Hwy 1 just before the Port Mann so no toll. Very few lights and once you clear Surrey it's fairly smooth sailing. Just keep an eye on signs for Ferries and it will take you straight to the terminal.

On another note I think Whonnock Boy is correct. The 9:00 boat would be cutting pretty thin especially if slow on the Coq. Leaving at 2 instead of 4 is really not much different. If you're up before dawn you're up. Leaving at 2:00 AM might give some time for some ZZZs as well. Just bring some socks for the snorers:twisted::twisted:

ruttinbuck
02-05-2015, 01:11 PM
Quick update
7am sailing full for reservations
Bus has reservation on 9am sailing
U
More updates when I get a chance RB

Philcott
02-05-2015, 01:24 PM
If needed maybe check the horseshoe bay to nanaimo crossing.

ruttinbuck
02-05-2015, 03:54 PM
Bus will leave Kamloops before 4am
Arrive at Twassan at 830am for 9am sailing
Arrive at Swartz bay 1040am and Legislature 1115am
Leave Swartz bay for home on 3pm sailing (can probably leave later if we want)
Break down $$$
Bus-$3150
Ferry fee-$178.35 each way
$13.90 per passenger each way
Total $4868.90 divided between 48 seats
amounts to $101.43 per passenger
The only fee not included is parking the bus while we are at the rally
Higher than originally expected but still a deal RB

Foxton Gundogs
02-05-2015, 04:04 PM
It's 1/2hr. by there clock not yours(don't ask how I know lol) checking begins 1hr. prior to sailing

adriaticum
02-05-2015, 04:16 PM
South Fraser Perimeter road is the best thing after sliced bread.
I live 20 min now from the ferry and it used to be an hour.
Anyone coming on Highway 1 takes exit 176th street highway 15 & 17.
Goes North on 176th and start on the Perimeter road. Another 30 minutes and you are on the Ferry.

Jagermeister
02-05-2015, 04:40 PM
I am still in RB. The only thing that I don't like is the 9AM sailing. Puts us on the wire to arrive prior to 11AM. I think that we still should try for the 7AM timing on just a chance that there is a no show.
Do we have enough to fill the bus? Do we have the bus? The sooner everyone commits, the better.
The old adage, "Better late than never" is fine, but I would prefer to be early. The only time I want to be late is to my funeral.

ruttinbuck
02-05-2015, 04:48 PM
Jagr
7am is full for reservations
We can arrive at 530 and pray we get on as first come first serve
We have reservation for 9am
Its an early day to make the terminal before 530am

Foxton Gundogs
02-05-2015, 04:49 PM
I am still in RB. The only thing that I don't like is the 9AM sailing. Puts us on the wire to arrive prior to 11AM. I think that we still should try for the 7AM timing on just a chance that there is a no show.
Do we have enough to fill the bus? Do we have the bus? The sooner everyone commits, the better.
The old adage, "Better late than never" is fine, but I would prefer to be early. The only time I want to be late is to my funeral.

Yep you don't want to cut it to fine with the winter/early spring and rush hour conditions.

GoatGuy
02-05-2015, 04:50 PM
Ruttinbuck, good work. Get ahold of the folks at the Kamloops club to help spread the word ---- you might need 2 buses

ruttinbuck
02-05-2015, 04:52 PM
Sorry reread your whole post
We have a bus must be deposited by the 24th
We have about 5 committed to coming
We can arrive early but that's a long day for the sake of missing 15-25 mins of rally

Vladimir Poutine
02-05-2015, 06:01 PM

That may be the case but Guys- go with it. If you're a bit late those of us that are there can take a hostage or two and delay things. Then you get to come in like the cavalry. These things never start on time anyway. Maybe Cee Cee can sign autographs until you arrive.

ruttinbuck
02-05-2015, 07:46 PM
OK boys seats are open
I'll take one will get you one but cash will be needed within a week to hold your seat
On the outside chance this bus doesnt fill up enough to cover the costs all cash will be refunded in an orderly manner:)

twanger
02-05-2015, 08:09 PM
How come I don't see a bus coming from Kelowna, come on people we need this to be big....

Mik
02-06-2015, 08:45 PM
RB, what's the bus charter phone number? Maybe we can all get a deal if we book all the buses from one company?? I'm from Vernon Area, we could get a bus from there.

kayjayess
02-06-2015, 08:58 PM
Keep on this guys. Contact your club exec and empower them to send a bus. This is the only way we can get the numbers up. That is one reason clubs have budgets for. Lots of you have club meetings this coming week. Put a motion on the floor to send a bus to Victoria. Email your exec tonight and tell them to act. You are your club and can make it happen.

While your at it, we need money to make this thing successful. We are working hard to generate the funds for it, but we have a long way to go. I am very aware that there are a lot of places looking for money. PAA, BCWF, and others. All worthy causes. Keep in mind that this rally is being funded at the grassroots. Think about asking your executive to kick in at your local meeting. Any amount helps. Even $100. The Ladysmith Sportsman's Club is handling the finances for this rally. If any clubs are interested in contributing I will forward along the pertinent details to get the money to their Treasurer.

Keep this thread alive. We want to hear of buses from PG, Cranbrook, Kelowna, Vernon, Kamloops, Courtenay, Dawson Creek, Terrace, Castlegar, and 10 from the lower mainland. To those who have stepped up and taken a leadership role in planning buses I commend and thank you. Let's keep the momentum going.

coach
02-06-2015, 09:01 PM
How come I don't see a bus coming from Kelowna, come on people we need this to be big....

It will happen. Likely 3-4 buses..

coach
02-06-2015, 09:04 PM
KJ is 100% correct. Contact your club. Get things rolling from there. We need at least 2000 people to show up. 10,000 should really be the goal!

ruttinbuck
02-06-2015, 09:05 PM
RB, what's the bus charter phone number? Maybe we can all get a deal if we book all the buses from one company?? I'm from Vernon Area, we could get a bus from there.
Mik its thompson valley charters. The bus I have resrved is the only one they have available.
I looked at another company for a quote, they came in $900 higher
If you can get another quote better than $3150 for a 48 passenger bus with two drivers I am sure we can
look at it RB

crassul
02-07-2015, 10:21 AM
The monday morning 7 am boat is always the busiest for oversized. Because all deliver trucks need to be there early after a weekend. If no reserve,expect 9am only. But small car would be fine if get there early

Jagr
7am is full for reservations
We can arrive at 530 and pray we get on as first come first serve
We have reservation for 9am
Its an early day to make the terminal before 530am

GoatGuy
02-07-2015, 11:25 AM
The walk-on idea is a great thing.

Deadshot
02-07-2015, 12:20 PM
For guys walking on, will there be bus service on the other side to get us into town?

ruttinbuck
02-08-2015, 09:23 AM
Update
There is discussion going on regarding some donations from Kamloops area organizations to lower the cost per passenger.
I will update and push this thread back to the front of this forum late next week when I know how the donations worked out.RB

kayjayess
02-08-2015, 09:33 AM
RB. Excellent work on this. This is grassroots and what you are doing is the epitome of this. We need more guys to step up and play a role in this too. Get a bus organized at the club level. If we can get transport on our side from the ferry to the leg and back we will but at this moment funds are being directed to the event itself. We have also working on having south islanders make the trip out to the ferries to pick up participants for walk ons.

Thanks again for your work on this RB.

sammy-j-peppers
02-08-2015, 11:34 AM
I am not sure if I missed it somewhere, but is there a place I can donate some money to the cause as I am unable to attend this event?

I have already donated some to the BCWF last night, but if there was anything else set up to help ease the $$$ for the guys making the trip I would love to help out.

luckofthedraw
02-08-2015, 11:41 AM
I am not sure if I missed it somewhere, but is there a place I can donate some money to the cause as I am unable to attend this event?

I have already donated some to the BCWF last night, but if there was anything else set up to help ease the $$$ for the guys making the trip I would love to help out.

I believe the lady smith club is dealing with donations for the specific event in Victoria. I'm not sure who the contact is, but someone will shed some light on that for you..... Or, if it is the Kamloops bus specifically where you would like to donate, I can assist with that. PM sent.

sammy-j-peppers
02-08-2015, 12:01 PM
I believe the lady smith club is dealing with donations for the specific event in Victoria. I'm not sure who the contact is, but someone will shed some light on that for you..... Or, if it is the Kamloops bus specifically where you would like to donate, I can assist with that. PM sent.

PM replied. I'll get you $100 towards the bus trip.

Just a quick message to all the guys that can't go, step up and donate a couple bucks towards the cause. Lets make this trip as cheap as possible so we can get as many people down there as possible. They will be fighting for all of us!

Wentrot
02-08-2015, 12:03 PM

Just a quick message to all the guys that can't go, step up and donate a couple bucks towards the cause. Lets make this trip as cheap as possible so we can get as many people down there as possible. They will be fighting for all of us!

Internet hand shake for you good sir. I wish more had your mentality!

ruttinbuck
02-08-2015, 12:24 PM
Thank you Sammy J��

Philcott
02-08-2015, 01:02 PM
Thanks for stepping up SJP.

vislander
02-08-2015, 02:13 PM

Dave Judson judsonboys@shaw.ca Ladysmith Sportsman Club

luckofthedraw
02-08-2015, 06:21 PM
Great Job Sammy J! Sorry you can't make it. We need more people like you!

kayjayess
02-08-2015, 07:28 PM

Sammy J Peppers. Impressive kind sir, impressive! Thank you for your generosity and attention to this important matter.

In terms of donations please make them payable to the Ladysmith Sportsmans Club and be sure to include a note that this money is for the Wildlife Allocation Battle.

Send payment to:

Ladysmith Sportsmans Club
c/o Dave Judson
Box 623
Ladysmith, BC
V9G 1A4

I thank you once again for stepping up.

Spy
02-08-2015, 08:59 PM

Thank You SJP every penny helps right now, thanks for stepping up to plate :-)

kayjayess
02-08-2015, 09:04 PM
I can't make it. but my $100 will be in the mail on Tuesday. Any chance to do an E-Transfer?

Awesome Hunter Dog. Thank you for contributing as well. Awesome! I don't think it is an option right now. At least from speaking with Ladysmith I believe snail mail and cheque is our only option. Please keep in mind that the cheque has to be made out to the Ladysmith Sportsmans Club and to include a note that is for the Wildlife Allocation Policy Protest.

Thanks again for contributing to this.

twanger
02-10-2015, 01:10 PM
BUMP.........

Come on People Ruttin Buck said are numbers for the bus are low right now, we need to fill this thing up.......

one-shot-wonder
02-10-2015, 01:13 PM
There was close to 400 angry people at the town hall meeting the BCWF put on a couple weeks back. Surprised those people aren't filling 1 or even 3 busses!

twanger
02-10-2015, 01:31 PM
There was close to 400 angry people at the town hall meeting the BCWF put on a couple weeks back. Surprised those people aren't filling 1 or even 3 busses!

Exactly what I thought!!!!!!

luckofthedraw
02-10-2015, 01:38 PM
Exactly what I thought!!!!!!

We will get there. The ball is still just getting rolling.

twanger
02-10-2015, 01:40 PM
Think we need the 48 seats committed and paid by end of week......

ruttinbuck
02-10-2015, 01:54 PM
We need a comitted number by the 20th Twanger.
If we dont get 48 we can still go with the bus.The problem is the costs are fixed.Meaning the cost ends up being split by number of guys committed.
Thats when a decision will be made to go or not.
I will know the donation details by thursday night late to have a final cost per guy Friday morning.RB

GWG
02-10-2015, 05:27 PM
I would love to go but it's on a Monday and I have to work. I really hope their is a good turn out though!!

luckofthedraw
02-10-2015, 05:42 PM
I would love to go but it's on a Monday and I have to work. I really hope their is a good turn out though!!

It is understandable that guys need to work. This is hugely important though. If there is anyway to switch a shift or use a holiday day...then this day is worth it. If you can afford to take a day off to go hunt, then you should be able to afford to take a day off to protect your hunting.

Vladimir Poutine
02-10-2015, 07:59 PM
It is understandable that guys need to work. This is hugely important though. If there is anyway to switch a shift or use a holiday day...then this day is worth it. If you can afford to take a day off to go hunt, then you should be able to afford to take a day off to protect your hunting.

You win the thread with that one.

f350ps
02-10-2015, 08:14 PM
Quote: " If you can afford to take a day off to go hunt, then you should be able to afford to take a day off to protect your hunting."
Maybe he can't, there's a substantial cost associated with this, not your place to judge! K

luckofthedraw
02-10-2015, 08:19 PM
Quote: " If you can afford to take a day off to go hunt, then you should be able to afford to take a day off to protect your hunting."
Maybe he can't, there's a substantial cost associated with this, not your place to judge! K

I realize. If you can't make it, you can't make it. That particular post is not directed at one individual, I was thinking of it as a blanket statement. The goal in this whole process is to get numbers to the legislature. Everyone should be trying their best.

Whonnock Boy
02-10-2015, 09:46 PM
And there's a substantial cost if we don't rally together as one, and show up to support the cause. I too realize there are some people who just can't make it, BUT there are a pile of people who have just shrugged their shoulders. In time, it will become apparent just how much we need all hands on deck. So.............. yeah, some people should be judged as they think everyone else will do the work for them. Simply put, some people need a kick in the ass. Those that truly cannot afford it or have prior engagements, but wish they could be there, still have my respect. Looking forward to meeting a few more acquaintances from here, and elsewhere. ;)

kayjayess
02-10-2015, 10:03 PM
My cheque to the Ladysmith Sportsmans Club is in the mail. When I told my wife, she said that I should put another in tomorrow for my son that can't make it...so I guess I'll be back at the Post Office tomorrow.
Turkey remarkable Hunter Dog. Thanks for the support.

Seeker
02-10-2015, 10:10 PM

Do you really think he was being judgemental? Really? Passionate yes! Judgemental? Phaw! We all know that some people just can't make it, what we are trying to establish is that this fight is worth sacrificing the day off. Complacency will kill us! If people can somehow manage to show up that day, they should make every effort to be there. If we don't show up in force and send a message, you will most likely not need to take days off to hunt, because you won't receive any draws. It drives me nuts when people say, "It's too far, I can't get the day off (I know for certain some people don't even ask!), costs too much, etc, etc," My dad, the very man who introduced me to this past time can't even be bothered to show up and he's retired and likes to drive. Arrrgh It even riles me when I talk to someone about the issue, when it means so much to me and I can tell they don't give a shit! .....OK maybe I have an issue too, but.... we all need to get on board gang! Let's make this happen!

kayjayess
02-10-2015, 10:14 PM
And there's a substantial cost if we don't rally together as one, and show up to support the cause. I too realize there are some people who just can't make it, BUT there are a pile of people who have just shrugged their shoulders. In time, it will become apparent just how much we need all hands on deck. So.............. yeah, some people should be judged as they think everyone else will do the work for them. Simply put, some people need a kick in the ass. Those that truly cannot afford it or have prior engagements, but wish they could be there, still have my respect. Looking forward to meeting a few more acquaintances from here, and elsewhere. ;)

Post of the night WB. Nobody is calling anyone out that legitimately can't make it. What we are trying to communicate is that the allocation battle with out doubt IS a significant threat to your hunting future. For those of you who attended town hall meetings you learned that the allocation battle is huge, but it is the only beginning of what is yet to come. Tenure issues could very well restrict you from hunting public land in the future and this is at the very hands of the artists behind the new allocation policy.

We we need to be heard in Victoria on March 2nd. Please, for the future of resident hunting in BC do yourself and the hunting community a huge favour and make every reasonable effort to attend.

ruttinbuck
02-11-2015, 05:23 PM
We have our departure point
The city has ok'ed leaving our vehicles at Macarthur Island while we are on the bus.RB

luckofthedraw
02-12-2015, 12:50 PM
Has everyone interested in this contacted Ruttinbuck ? I really hope region 3 can fill this bus. Guys from other communities in the surrounding area, think about getting on board this bus. I know one gent is coming from Merritt.

If you're on the fence over the cost of this adventure; it is absolutely necessary to show up. I have done my own math, and I am going by private car due to needing babysitters etc. Private vehicle is not much cheaper! A bus day trip for 100$(approx) is absolutely a reasonable price to save your hunting rights!

Philcott
02-12-2015, 01:02 PM
And it could be a fun adventure with like minded people.

walks with deer
02-12-2015, 07:42 PM
I could also help with some parking in the downtown core of kamloops

ruttinbuck
02-13-2015, 01:00 PM
Gents
The price per rider will remain at $102 each.
I will keep updating this thread and answer any questions going fwd RB

hardnocks
02-13-2015, 01:34 PM
RB who do we send money for the bus trip?

ruttinbuck
02-13-2015, 02:56 PM
I will be taking names for seats and eventually cash or EMT
If you would like a seat or seats shoot me a pm with your name and ph number cell is best so text for contact and I will put you on the list
I am holding off on collecting payment for now RB

tbocking
02-15-2015, 09:18 AM
How do I reserve 2 seats?

coach
02-15-2015, 10:28 AM
How do I reserve 2 seats?

Read post #103.

Spy
02-15-2015, 10:38 AM
Awesome work guys thanks :-)

too_desi
02-20-2015, 03:36 PM
For those asking about transport options at swartz bay (victoria ferry terminal) to downtown victoria, it is serviced by transit buses. #72 takes about an hour to get you downtown or you can take the express #70 that takes about 45 mins. They usually have one of each available for every ferry and the buses are usually double decker types.

So, if your bus gets to tsawwassen for the 7 am ferry but you cant get on till 9, you have the option of getting on as a walk on passenger and taking the transit bus on the other end and your charter bus can follow on the 9 am ferry.

You can also drive and park at tsawassen and do the bus on victoria side.

Transit cost is $2.50

Cheers

ruttinbuck
02-21-2015, 12:14 PM
thanks too_desi
The idea of leaving Kamloops two hours earlier was frowned upon.
The 9am sailing and arriving fashionably late was our best option.RB