PDA

View Full Version : GOABC - Full Page Ad

4 point
02-03-2015, 09:47 PM
Today's edition of Kamloops This Week has a full page ad titled " The truth. The facts." Quite a read. They obviously are feeling the heat. Can't get a link sorry. Maybe ad running in other BC papers.

coach
02-03-2015, 09:48 PM
Proudly paid for by your tax dollars..

Caveman
02-03-2015, 09:54 PM
http://issuu.com/kamthisweek/docs/ktwn150203_a/1

Page 2

Steeleco
02-03-2015, 10:07 PM
What drivel. I especially like the part about "2007 allocation policy" (and other economic factors)" Ya think maybe the demise of the US economy and the near equaling of the dollars might have played a part, and the allocation policy had nothing to do with it. With Cdn$ being on sale now, you might actually be able to make a go of things and leave the allocation policy alone. But then again, Greed knows no boundaries!

Grumpa Joe
02-03-2015, 10:13 PM
They need to have a proof reader do their type copy before they put it in print. Some missing words and poor grammatical usage.

"We would be very disappointed if the government changed their December policy based on misinformation and a few radicals."

Boo Hoo Hoo. Got an issue? Here's a tissue. With the turnout at the rallies, information sessions and the number of emails and letters and signatures on petitions they are claiming a few radicals. No, there are lots and lots of radicals.:mad:

riflebuilder
02-03-2015, 10:22 PM
I always wanted to be a radical

4 point
02-03-2015, 10:22 PM
Thanks for posting a link Caveman.

Paulyman
02-03-2015, 10:24 PM
"A few radical views" hahaha 1500 to 2000 at the kelowna rally alone, what a ****ing joke! These clowns are the kings of half truths. They would help their cause by just shutting up, the more of their crap I see the more motivated I become.

Mudzbogger
02-03-2015, 10:49 PM
Its printed out for us in black and white so it must be true right... FALSE!!!!!! I love how they have modified their $27k spend per foreign hunter from their previous statements of airline tickets, hotels, food, lodging, etc to labour improvements infrastructure, supplies, services and taxes. Nothing like tailoring their message to their own conflicting statements they have made and published before.Remember GOABC, like I tell my KIDS once its on the internet its there forever.

The Thompson decision is not a should we or should we not legalize pot decision. This decision goes way deeper than numbers you post in the truth, the facts. Your truth, your facts leave out a lot of the information for the regular joe to understand but I guess that's your way!

GOABC you know very well this fight is not going to end well and most certainly not in your favour as the hunting community does one thing well. It gets together in all communities through local fish and game clubs who in turn come together to speak a common goal. Not every hunter participates but these clubs carry a message to our communities more than any GOABC members ever could through the programs they offer (which they don't). We are out there everyday working with our communities so buckle up when we see edible game we hunt it down and take it out :)

tuner
02-03-2015, 10:49 PM
For an industry facing such economic hardships,they seam to have sufficient funds for their PR campaign. In every press release I've seen from these guys they allways claim that the policy is not in their best interest ( they are still facing a 3m drop in economic decline) yet have spent tens of thousands of dollars defending it. They admit to large percentage in decreased demand for their services,while at the same time defending an increase in allocation numbers to guides. If you can't sell your product because of a lack of demand,getting more of it counterproductive. Economics 101 supply and demand.

40incher
02-03-2015, 11:25 PM
[QUOTE=I am Legend;1599187]They need to have a proof reader do their type copy before they put it in print. Some missing words and poor grammatical usage.

"We would be very disappointed if the government changed their December policy based on misinformation and a few radicals.

Boo Hoo Hoo. Got an issue? Here's a tissue. With the turnout at the rallies, information sessions and the number of emails and letters and signatures on petitions they are claiming a few radicals. No, there are lots and lots of radicals.:mad:[/QUO

Its about time this got going!

We were at the rally in Kelowna on Saturday, from the Skeena Region of our big and beautiful province, and I was very impressed by the manner in which the organizers of the event carried things off. Thanks to you Okanagan Region and BCWF fighters! There were no radicals there, only real people ... real people that are really pissed off! Thanks to all those that stood up for the good fight!!

The GOABC are a bunch of liars and manipulators that cry when they don't get their way ... no surprise there. The GOABC is expert at laying out shit and pretending they are the poor and the downtroddin' ... poor me they say!

Yeah ... they're so poor they only work 3 months out of a 12-month year and expect us to feel sorry for them.

Suck it up boys!!

.300WSMImpact!
02-04-2015, 12:01 AM
the GOABC paid a lot of money to the liberals, if this gets over turned we will have to look under the carpet to see how the liberals pay the GOABC back, because you know the government will give the GOABC something either way

coach
02-04-2015, 12:06 AM
the GOABC paid a lot of money to the liberals, if this gets over turned we will have to look under the carpet to see how the liberals pay the GOABC back, because you know the government will give the GOABC something either way

You're a little behind in your reading, buddy.. :razz:

pg83
02-04-2015, 01:13 AM
I appreciate the admission of guilt in the first line.

"There is significant misinformation about the way wildlife is managed in British Columbia"

nicktrehearne
02-04-2015, 08:19 AM
Thanks for sharing.

.264winmag
02-04-2015, 01:19 PM
14 Roosevelt elk tags issued to outfitters? I'm gonna a go out on a limb and say they get more than that...Anybody have different #ers? There's 24 different leh 'zones' on the island, and I know from talking to my buddies that some zones have several outfitter tags each...

troutseeker
02-04-2015, 02:11 PM
They lie like the breath, or is that breed...

Stretch
02-04-2015, 02:16 PM
DeadDog, the March GOABC gathering in Kelowna needs to be on the resident hunter radar for sure
Stretch

coach
02-04-2015, 02:30 PM
DeadDog, the March GOABC gathering in Kelowna needs to be on the resident hunter radar for sure
Stretch

It is.. but we will keep our cards hidden until the time is right.. Let's deal with the Victoria Rally first.

Paulyman
02-04-2015, 02:37 PM
Stretch
Jim Carrey "Really!" (from Ace Ventura): http://youtu.be/D2MPoqqzwdY

Very good to know, thanks for the heads up.

coach
02-04-2015, 02:38 PM
Jim Carrey "Really!" (from Ace Ventura): http://youtu.be/D2MPoqqzwdY

Very good to know, thanks for the heads up.

http://youtu.be/D2MPoqqzwdY

BCROB
02-04-2015, 02:56 PM
It is.. but we will keep our cards hidden until the time is right.. Let's deal with the Victoria Rally first.

guaranteed they're a little nervous as to what might unfold here during 'their' GOABC March gathering............no need to hide anything Sean, they know something will be scheduled

The Dawg
02-04-2015, 03:04 PM
Stretch

The Rally organizers have already chatted....we are keeping it close to the chest right now, as to not have any 'moose' type moles trolling on us....

bckoothunter
02-04-2015, 03:56 PM
Have the resident hunters published any newspaper adds? While the GOABC add is garbage and laughable to the BC resident hunters, the non-hunting citizens might not understand the facts if they don't see both sides of the story.

coach
02-04-2015, 04:04 PM
Good question, bckoothunter. At this point, we have only run ads with regard to our rallies. The feedback I'm getting from non hunters is that they have heard us on the radio, seen us on TV and have read about the issues in the paper. All who I have spoken with support our side and can see through the BS ads that GOABC is running. I don't think we need to spend tens of thousands of dollars on ads like GOABC is doing. Our money really should be earmarked for conservation - not politics. It is understandable, however that a certain amount needs to be set aside for this battle.

Ranger95
02-04-2015, 04:39 PM
Have the resident hunters published any newspaper adds? While the GOABC add is garbage and laughable to the BC resident hunters, the non-hunting citizens might not understand the facts if they don't see both sides of the story.

Where would the money come from? The resident hunter does not have a war chest, and you can be sure no one (including the BCWF) is dipping into a fund to pay for advertising..

coach
02-04-2015, 04:46 PM
Where would the money come from? The resident hunter does not have a war chest, and you can be sure no one (including the BCWF) is dipping into a fund to pay for advertising..

Local clubs have money.. We raised $10,000 toward paying for the Kelowna rally in only a couple days. It's more about what is the best way to fight this battle. I think the public is tired of hearing the same information over and over and they are definitely seeing through the "used car salesman" approach and BS spewed by GOABC.

Expect some BIG headlines in the news the next few days. Right now we don't need to spend money frivolously.

bckoothunter
02-04-2015, 04:56 PM
Local clubs have money.. We raised $10,000 toward paying for the Kelowna rally in only a couple days. It's more about what is the best way to fight this battle. I think the public is tired of hearing the same information over and over and they are definitely seeing through the "used car salesman" approach and BS spewed by GOABC.

Expect some BIG headlines in the news the next few days. Right now we don't need to spend money frivolously.

Thanks for the reply and the information. As a resident hunter who spends entirely too much time working away from home, I appreciate all the work guys like you are doing for the good of us all, so thanks again.

As far as the question about money, I would (and plenty of others would) contribute towards anything that helps the RH cause, just tell me where to send the cheque. Maybe it's time the RH's had an organization, BC wide, not locally, that represented us. I know we have the BCWF, but as we all know, they can only do so much in a political fight. When you say that our money should be for conservation, I think we need to accept the fact that we need to fight other battles too if RH's are going to be able to see the benefit of conservation. We have conservation organizations, but nothing to fight for the rights of BC hunters. I see your point regardless.

Whonnock Boy
02-04-2015, 05:13 PM
As far as the question about money, I would (and plenty of others would) contribute towards anything that helps the RH cause, just tell me where to send the cheque. Maybe it's time the RH's had an organization, BC wide, not locally, that represented us. I know we have the BCWF, but as we all know, they can only do so much in a political fight.

Paypal/emt donations can be made to the Resident Angler and Hunter Preservation Fund within days. This would be a good choice for your donation. This is the organization that you are looking for.

http://residentpriority.ca/

Cheques can be sent here,

BC RAHPF
C/O
P.O. Box 6435
Fort St. John, B.C.
V1J 4H8

coach
02-04-2015, 05:13 PM
Check out http://www.huntingbc.ca/forum/showthread.php?114698-PAA-Where-to-donate and http://residentpriority.ca/

bckoothunter
02-04-2015, 05:20 PM
Paypal/emt donations can be made to the Resident Angler and Hunter Preservation Fund within days. This would be a good choice for your donation. This is the organization that you are looking for.

http://residentpriority.ca/

Cheques can be sent here,

BC RAHPF
C/O
P.O. Box 6435
Fort St. John, B.C.
V1J 4H8

Who created this and when? This is awesome, great job to those people responsible. My money is en route.

Whonnock Boy
02-04-2015, 05:30 PM
Bridger knows all about it. It was started some time ago, but was on the back burner. Recent events have brought it back to life. Expect good things from it, as it is being backed by all the movers and shakers.

coach
02-04-2015, 05:31 PM
Who created this and when? This is awesome, great job to those people responsible. My money is en route.

Bridger can answer that best. My understanding is it was first developed to fight the gun registry and was put into idle mode once that was dealt with. BCWF is a conservation group. Money brought in should be used toward making more habitat and wildlife not really for fighting groups that should be our friends. Anyway, it's time to fire things up again as this battle is a big one.

Stone Sheep Steve
02-04-2015, 05:42 PM
Bridger can answer that best. My understanding is it was first developed to fight the gun registry and was put into idle mode once that was dealt with. BCWF is a conservation group. Money brought in should be used toward making more habitat and wildlife not really for fighting groups that should be our friends. Anyway, it's time to fire things up again as this battle is a big one.

Yep. Definitely not me. I just made the boxes:-D

srupp
02-04-2015, 05:49 PM
I always wanted to be a radical

Hmmm a neutron walks into a bar...asks the bartender how much for a beer?
Bartender says for you no charge..lmao

Still want to be a radical?
Cheers
Steven

riflebuilder
02-04-2015, 08:41 PM
Hmmm a neutron walks into a bar...asks the bartender how much for a beer?
Bartender says for you no charge..lmao

Still want to be a radical?
Cheers
Steven

of course...lol

The Dawg
02-04-2015, 08:43 PM
Bridger can answer that best. My understanding is it was first developed to fight the gun registry and was put into idle mode once that was dealt with. e.

Bingo.

Its firing back up again, and I will have more details as soon as I hear

d6dan
02-06-2015, 07:01 PM
Quote: " We will be extremely disappointed if the Government is considering changes to their December Allocation based on a few Information and a few radical views". I guess there pissed with the LIEberals now?.