PDA

View Full Version : Interior *Hunter Friendly* Powered RV Locations

BuckEye
01-29-2015, 07:44 PM
My daughter has finally and under her own efforts and initiative, acquired her core and pal. She is 19. We are now planning a fall trip that is not too roughing it for her first hunt. (mum is coming too) Something that gives her an opportunity to harvest her first big game animal. (Actually first of anything aside from berries and a trout)
We have a comfortable camper with all the amenities, but I would like to have a plug-in power site. Water and Sani hookup not required. A flat deck trailer carries our side by side UTV so access to forest service roads from camp (don't want to unload the camper) would be ideal. Anyone have ideas on a possible location. Were pretty open for areas including those with a GOS doe seasons.
The plug in is primarily for electric heat. We don't like the propane furnace running at night (nothing dry's) and a plug in means no generator running day and night for mum's movies and overall warmth.
Cushy I know compared to most here, but don't want to scare the new hunterette off of the father daughter trips down the road by going hard core. (ya I know hardcore/camper don't go together)
All input appreciated.

Daybreak
01-29-2015, 08:31 PM
Have you narrowed down a time as to when you plan to go? Are you planning on hunting deer, bear, elk, moose? In order to have a good chance of your daughter filling her first tag you need to narrow things down a little. Places I hunt are miles and miles from the nearest plug-in so I can't provide much input on that.

BuckEye
01-29-2015, 09:30 PM
We'll be putting in for the hometown island elk draw, an (undecided) interior moose draw and a region 3 doe draw. No bear. Really looking at deer with grouse opportunities. I always have a moose tag in spike fork areas. Kooteney's, Christian valley, Kamloops, Kelowna areas are my thoughts. I don't anticipate having to go to far north for this expadition.

Steve W
01-29-2015, 09:45 PM
Tunkwa Lake resort near Kamloops should fit the bill, can be busy though, but you can use your ATV and cover lots of great country right out of the resort.

Lastcar
01-29-2015, 10:09 PM
Tunkwa Lake resort near Kamloops should fit the bill, can be busy though, but you can use your ATV and cover lots of great country right out of the resort.

No power.

Logan Lake Municipal campground could be quite ideal. Power and showers. Heck even has wifi if you want to break her in to roughing it slowly. You are on the edge of town. Mum can walk to town during the day to break up the day. On the edge of the lake and forests (and golf course and town but hey...) so it'll still feel camp like when enjoying the fire at night. Ample hunting every which way...

But...a little trickier getting out of there with the side by side. You'd have to drop the camper I'd suspect. Depending how cowboy you want to go. And considering you can see the RCMP detachment from the campground...probably not much.

If in the end dropping the camper is a reality for most options I'd have a good look at this one if you can't find the perfect spot.

I know it didn't meet all your criteria but seemed better than asking you a bunch of questions about your trip and then saying I can't help you anyways cause I camp nowhere near power... ;-)

moosinaround
01-29-2015, 10:55 PM
7-11, 7-12B, 6-01, 6-02, Finger lake Resort, Tatuk Lake Resort, 7-28 Tchentlo Lake resort, LEH moose, GOS moose, GOS mulies, whitetails, GOS elk, grouse, black bear, trout fishing, laker fishing, mountains, plateaus, pretty good access for a truck and camper, TONS of roads to hunt with UTV! Moosin

Daybreak
01-30-2015, 08:28 AM
No power.

Logan Lake Municipal campground could be quite ideal. Power and showers. Heck even has wifi if you want to break her in to roughing it slowly. You are on the edge of town. Mum can walk to town during the day to break up the day. On the edge of the lake and forests (and golf course and town but hey...) so it'll still feel camp like when enjoying the fire at night. Ample hunting every which way...

But...a little trickier getting out of there with the side by side. You'd have to drop the camper I'd suspect. Depending how cowboy you want to go. And considering you can see the RCMP detachment from the campground...probably not much.

If in the end dropping the camper is a reality for most options I'd have a good look at this one if you can't find the perfect spot.

I know it didn't meet all your criteria but seemed better than asking you a bunch of questions about your trip and then saying I can't help you anyways cause I camp nowhere near power... ;-)

Don't be such an idiot. It's smart a$$ ignorant comments like yours that discourage people from contributing to this site.

I was politely asking the OP for more information so that others aware of plug ins could better help him.

Doesn't do much good if someone comes on here and says I'm going hunting for big game and would like to plug in but gives no idea of where or when or what they plan to hunt does it? Think about it Richard... understand now?

I managed to get a little more information out of him without upsetting anyone but YOU and you are an idiot who put as much effort into pulling someone else down as you did helping the OP.

eaglesnester
01-30-2015, 09:17 AM
Tunkaw Lake Resort. No power in but the resort runs a big diesel genny, hunting around there use to be good. Give em a call to find out the hours they run the genny and what game is available.

Lastcar
01-30-2015, 10:09 AM
Tunkaw Lake Resort. No power in but the resort runs a big diesel genny, hunting around there use to be good. Give em a call to find out the hours they run the genny and what game is available.

They do have electricity. Resort got wired about 10 years ago. But no hook ups for RVers'

If you have multiple batteries they do have a charging station and you can rotate your batteries. It works as long as you are diligent about swapping them out.

Lastcar
01-30-2015, 10:10 AM
[/COLOR]

Don't be such an idiot. It's smart a$$ ignorant comments like yours that discourage people from contributing to this site.

I was politely asking the OP for more information so that others aware of plug ins could better help him.

Doesn't do much good if someone comes on here and says I'm going hunting for big game and would like to plug in but gives no idea of where or when or what they plan to hunt does it? Think about it Richard... understand now?

I managed to get a little more information out of him without upsetting anyone but YOU and you are an idiot who put as much effort into pulling someone else down as you did helping the OP.

You're right. I was being a dick. Apologies.

Daybreak
01-30-2015, 11:34 AM
Thank you Lastcar. Appreciated. Sorry all and back to topic.

BuckEye
01-30-2015, 08:19 PM
Lots of great options that I had not thought about. I few great PM's to. I had looked at Tunkwa last year but ended up headed out towards Barrier instead. If i'm at a spot for 4 or more days, I will drop the camper if needed. It always makes for a much shorter fall when I inevitably slip off the first bumper step.
Thanks again guys and will be posting the story of this first trip once done. I'll be watching for any additions to the thread :)