PDA

View Full Version : core course in abbotsford or langely

luger
01-22-2015, 09:40 PM
Looking for core course locations in abby or langley that are one day courses Not two.
Any help would be great.

Beaves84
01-22-2015, 10:50 PM
Try ken great guy, not sure in the length of his core but if it's two days there's a reason for it... IMHO

http://firearmsafetytrainingcourse.com/

Steeleco
01-22-2015, 10:53 PM
I believe Ridgedale run courses but also believe they are a whole weekend affair?

luger
01-23-2015, 08:24 AM
Geez, when I took mine I was in and out in like 5 hours.
This one is for my wife so I can get another chance at leh.

hoochie
01-23-2015, 06:14 PM
I believe Ridgedale run courses but also believe they are a whole weekend affair?

I took mine there with Bob and Doug as the instructors. Yes, it was all weekend. The test etc was on Sunday. I would think the course would still be the same today.

Steeleco
01-23-2015, 06:29 PM
I took mine there with Bob and Doug as the instructors. Yes, it was all weekend. The test etc was on Sunday. I would think the course would still be the same today.

So it should be, seems the motivations of the OP are more for LEH than getting another hunter all trained and into the game!

mike-juliet
01-23-2015, 06:36 PM
BCWF Requires that 14-16 hours of instruction take place while teaching CORE, all instructors doing 1 day courses are either Champs or aren't covering all the material.

luger
01-23-2015, 08:07 PM
ok, but for people with busy lives. is there a one day course that some one can take.
pm me if possible

hoochie
01-25-2015, 11:55 AM
ok, but for people with busy lives. is there a one day course that some one can take.
pm me if possible

There was once a course, I cant recall if it was PAL or CORE' but someone was offering it Tuesdays and Thursdays (2hrs a night?) for a duration of 2 weeks?
The 16hr minimum requirement cannot be fit into one day. And just to share my experience; The 16hrs in my opinion was not enough to cover everything. I still had a lot to learn after I left the course ( I just didn't know it at that time).

And, if you cant find time to take a course, how will you find time to go hunting anyway?
The rest of us that have taken the course... umm what? we just sit at home all day and had nothing better to do?
cheers

Cdn-Redneck
01-31-2015, 08:06 AM
Check hub sports. I think they do one day courses for each

jeff341
02-02-2015, 04:51 PM
Each weekend there is a two day course in Yarrow. At the community hall.

day one is all core, no firearms handling and you can get your core done in one day if you have a pal already.
day two is all pal and firearms etc....

Brian Cummings is the instructor
604-820-9775