PDA

View Full Version : Help kelowna/windfield area?

bchunter181
01-22-2015, 07:50 PM
I'm at school for a couple months anybody point me in te direction of some places to shed hunt or predator hunt staying in winfield thx

srupp
01-22-2015, 08:20 PM
Hmm good luck at school...accross the valley we used to go up to a great fishing lodge, cant remember the name...but would see lots of deer in the headlites coming home...so grown up down in the valley..
Stay in touch....
Cheers
Steven

wrenchhead
01-22-2015, 09:22 PM
Right in Winfield head up beaver lake Rd, it's plowed all winter long. And just explore up there, more country then you can cover. Lots of yotes up there as well as the odd wolf and cat.

bchunter181
01-22-2015, 09:58 PM
Ok sounds good so I was on the right road went hiking up there snow past the knees thanks for the help

Big Lew
01-22-2015, 10:40 PM
Lots of area between Oyama Lake and the valley to explore, just make sure you're not trespassing
in the lower reaches. Also be aware....that lower area is heavily infested with ticks, especially on
the Vernon side above Kalamalka Lake. It is a wintering area for deer. Despite it seemingly being
a safe looking sidehill to explore, there are many benches and bluffs etc in there and it is easy to
get turned around or lost if you're not leaving any tracks.