PDA

View Full Version : HUNTING ALLOCATION Call In ON CBC Right NOW

Buckzilla
01-22-2015, 01:05 PM
Turn CBC on the radio for a call in show regarding hunting Allocations in BC starting right after news on now.

The Dawg
01-22-2015, 01:15 PM
Dawg is in the cue......

01-22-2015, 01:18 PM
Listening to Scott Ellis makes me really angry!

The Dawg
01-22-2015, 01:24 PM
I got him stumbling hahahhaha....

"Its not relevant"

01-22-2015, 01:33 PM
I was on hold and didn't get to ask Scott some tough questions. :(

Lastcar
01-22-2015, 01:34 PM
Listened. Same old same old. Man its just a vicious cycle at this point.

Sure seems to be nothing more than politics and spin at this point. Logic and/or science seems to be a non factor.

I really believe this is just going to boil down to who can yell louder, kick harder and take the stronger stand.

No reason that can't be the resident hunter.

It's up to us to decide if it actually will be.

See you all tonight that can make it if you are in Reg 2!

Stone Sheep Steve
01-22-2015, 01:34 PM

"Its not relevant"

Those animals are worth less than the organization pays him.

BCPilotguy
01-22-2015, 01:43 PM

"Its not relevant"

That was great! Thanks for calling in.

Grumpa Joe
01-22-2015, 01:50 PM
Their logic that the change in allocation would amount to Resident Hunters only losing 110 animals makes no sense. 220 outfitters sharing 110 animals amounts to an increase of 1/2 an animal per outfitter. That is going to take them from losing money to being profitable? Must be special animals to make that much of a difference.

Foxton Gundogs
01-22-2015, 01:50 PM
is there going to be a replay?

Ltbullken
01-22-2015, 02:21 PM
Their logic that the change in allocation would amount to Resident Hunters only losing 110 animals makes no sense. 220 outfitters sharing 110 animals amounts to an increase of 1/2 an animal per outfitter. That is going to take them from losing money to being profitable? Must be special animals to make that much of a difference.

100 now, 80 next time, 120 the following year, etc... thin edge of the wedge.

hardnocks
01-22-2015, 02:38 PM
Its time someone got on the cbc and told resident hunters side . Make the public aware that Clark and Thompson are bought and paid for.

Foxton Gundogs
01-22-2015, 02:53 PM
This is absolutely correct. We should all be calling and demanding equal time. This would be a job for The Jackpine Savage IMO.

ACE
01-22-2015, 03:02 PM
Listening to Scott Ellis makes me really angry!

Hearing Steve Thomson this morning on CBC Radio .......

moosinaround
01-22-2015, 03:04 PM
Its time someone got on the cbc and told resident hunters side . Make the public aware that Clark and Thompson are bought and paid for.

I been poking around on Facebook, and the GOABC website, its amazing how many Liberal politicians there are on these websites I visit. Big ole smiling faces sitting behind 500$ per plate dinners! Honorary Guides for the night? You scratch my back, ill scratch yours, with a set of Boone and Crockett antlers? GOABC members wining and dining with the legislation makers! Do not pay your bills Liberals, with our wildlife! Do what is right, let businesses do business, do not subsidize, the strong GOABC outfits will survive, the ones that have poor business models will not! Our wildlife is for BC residents, period!!!! If you want to sell an animal you have a allowable harvest for then make sure it will pay the bills, if you cannot do it, then move on! That's the way business works! Moosin

The Dawg
01-22-2015, 03:18 PM
I been poking around on Facebook, and the GOABC website, its amazing how many Liberal politicians there are on these websites I visit. Big ole smiling faces sitting behind 500$ per plate dinners! Honorary Guides for the night? You scratch my back, ill scratch yours, with a set of Boone and Crockett antlers? GOABC members wining and dining with the legislation makers! Do not pay your bills Liberals, with our wildlife! Do what is right, let businesses do business, do not subsidize, the strong GOABC outfits will survive, the ones that have poor business models will not! Our wildlife is for BC residents, period!!!! If you want to sell an animal you have a allowable harvest for then make sure it will pay the bills, if you cannot do it, then move on! That's the way business works! Moosin

Yup. It's definitely being noticed.

GoatGuy
01-22-2015, 03:39 PM
I hear GOABC is now censoring its facebook page - is that true?

The Dawg
01-22-2015, 03:53 PM
http://podcast.cbc.ca/mp3/podcasts/bcalmanac_20150122_72390.mp3

The Dawg
01-22-2015, 03:57 PM
I hear GOABC is now censoring its facebook page - is that true?

Looks like it- used to be able to post questions on it, now you cant?

Wonder why.

Beachcomber
01-22-2015, 04:07 PM
I didn't think either side represented their point of view very well. Ellis needs to learn the difference between the meaning of "compassionate" and "passionate". The BCWF was lucky to get the last word and the best point of the discussion was made there. The dial-in question about GOABC contributions to the Liberals was welcome too. I sure it is purely random but half the calls were off topic anti hunting tirades which contributed nothing. Seems a waste of time - even if it is the CBC and many listeners subscribe to that view.

GoatGuy
01-22-2015, 04:08 PM
Looks like it- used to be able to post questions on it, now you cant?

Wonder why.

That is strange. You would think a group that makes its living off a PUBLIC RESOURCE would be interested in public discourse, engaging and educating the public on its issues and claims, not closing things down and refusing to allow people to ask questions or make comments.

I hope GOABC is planning on holding some town hall meetings so it can explain its "side of the story" and maybe answer some of the public's questions.

In my opinion, discouraging public discourse on matters related to public resource use is very poor form.

Lastcar
01-22-2015, 04:18 PM
I sure it is purely random but half the calls were off topic anti hunting tirades which contributed nothing. Seems a waste of time - even if it is the CBC and many listeners subscribe to that view.

Normally the producer will ask the caller a bit about what you plan on discussing once on air. In this case I'd say it'd have been prudent to let the caller know the topic at hand wasn't whether hunting should be permitted at all, but rather how the permits should be allocated.

Certainly how sports radio works. Have a friend who once worked at the Team. Their job was to not set the host and audience up with a caller with a topic out of left field or "nutso" callers. I.e. the Pauser, Troy From Whiterock...I want to throw Maple Leaf Dave in there....but he is just a blow hard Leafs fan. Totally different issue. Much more serious.

Letting one anti hunter through, likely makes for good radio and appeases those with that mindset. But two or three got through and went on pretty long ramblings about it. Eating a good chunk of the time. Essentially detracting from the CBC's goal to have a conversation about allocation and help residents of BC be informed about the allocation issue. Not pro or anti hunting dialogue.

But all in all, pretty good people work at the CBC, regardless of their political views. Many a great broadcaster or behind the scenes employee cut their teeth at the CBC over the decades or has stayed on and mentors the newer employees. Can't be coincidence.

40incher
01-22-2015, 10:55 PM
Do you really think CBC wants to further the interests of hunters ... I think not!

Lastcar
01-23-2015, 11:43 AM
Do you really think CBC wants to further the interests of hunters ... I think not!

I suspect CBC recognizes a large portion of the market is the rural areas of Canada.

I'll agree in that my first reaction is that they would NOT work to benefit hunting. From a business perspective I assume they'll hold their nose and do their best to let something unfold impartially to appeal to all corners of their audience.

But ya, I am not sure where it would fall if they opted to allow their biases to completely bleed through.

I missed the start but it sounds like Gloria Mackarenko stated she is from a hunting family?

Let's be honest, is any media outlet going to be pro hunting? "Killing animals" is not something any business not directly benefiting from hunting will openly support.

There is no desire, time and most importantly readers or ratings in it for media to educate the non hunting public on the realities of hunting.

So they have to default to the safe area and just skim the topic in the most neutral way.

Don't ever mistake the media for anything other than a business. And businesses that need to appeal to the masses always play safe.