PDA

View Full Version : BC Hunting Partner

WyoHunter
01-21-2015, 09:27 AM
I live and am an avid bow hunter in Jackson, WY. I have a good friend who lives in Alberta and I have hunted with him in the past, as he was a "resident guide". I have wanted to hunt BC for some time now, and hiring a guide, while I understand the advantages, is a bit to expensive for me right now. I would love to be able to "befriend" a new hunting partner(s) in the BC area in order to hunt big/trophy game with them. I would be willing to return the favor here in Wyoming for any over the counter tags you may want to purchase or tags you may draw. Please let me know if this is something that interest any of you BC hunters/guides. While I'm not a guide myself, I hunt over 150 days a year, and have taken many trophy quality animals since living here in Wyoming (7 years). Hope things are going well north of the border. Thanks

monasheemountainman
01-21-2015, 09:48 AM
you have to hire a guide outfitter in bc to hunt.no hunter host program here for non res aliens. I wouldn't hire one in bc for a while if I were you, theyre really busy doing Michael Jackson tribute concerts.

adriaticum
01-21-2015, 09:49 AM
You have to be one of the following

Father;
Mother;
Spouse;

Brother;
Sister;
Father-in-law;

Son;
Daughter;
Mother-in-law;

Uncle;
Aunt;
Son-in-law;

Nephew;
Niece;
Daughter-in-law;

Grandson;
Granddaughter;
Brother-in-law;

Grandfather;
Grandmother;
Sister-in-law.

of someone in BC to be able to hunt in BC as non resident without a guide outfitter.

MB_Boy
01-21-2015, 09:49 AM
Unless I missed something in our regs, as you are a U.S. citizen and/or NOT a somewhat direct relative.....not gonna happen as a random 'friendship' on a forum.

http://www.env.gov.bc.ca/pasb/applications/process/accompany_hunt.html#eligibility

I see adriaticum and I posted at the same time...need to be Canadian OR one of the above

Ambush
01-21-2015, 09:58 AM
Unfortunately for you and other non-residents, the Guide Outfitters in BC [GOABC] have a complete strangle hold on your throats.

Only public pressure from residents and non-residents can change that.

01-21-2015, 10:20 AM
Here we go again ........ Your in a tight fix Wyoming Hunter. Some of the guides here in BC are trying to take HUGE opportunities away from us resident hunters here in BC. North America wide the average Non Resident allocation is 5 to 10 % ...... But several guides are wanting up to 40 percent of our Grizz and Sheep, 35 Goat, 20 and 25 percent bison, moose and elk. An example, a BC resident can apply like myself for Elk and Grizz over 20 years now and never been drawn on a LIMITED ENTRY HUNT, but you and others with deep pockets can just come and buy the hunt.

We we are literally at battle with the present Government and several guides to bring this more in line with what BC RESIDENTS WANT and DESERVE. We have over 100,000 hunters here in BC ....... And many of us may never get an opportunity that is just sold away, should the allocations not be corrected..

As as residents we do feel there is a place for the Guide industry here, but in line with the rest of North America.

Now ow if ya wanna go Salmon or Sturgeon fishing .....no guide required ... I'd love a Speed Goat ........ Haha

Good if luck to you.

CT

Argali
01-21-2015, 10:53 AM
Years ago, I had a friend in Montana that was desperate to hunt grizzlies with the bow. I gave him a copy of the BC hunting regulations, and an hour later he had the plan.

"Your sister is 18, right? I could marry her and then hunt with you as my brother-in-law! Then we get divorced after I get the grizzly!"

It was a clever plan but it didn't fly.

But with same-sex marriage taking hold, I have to wonder how many marriages-of-convenience will arise.

mastercaster
01-21-2015, 11:04 AM
Years ago, I had a friend in Montana that was desperate to hunt grizzlies with the bow. I gave him a copy of the BC hunting regulations, and an hour later he had the plan.

"Your sister is 18, right? I could marry her and then hunt with you as my brother-in-law! Then we get divorced after I get the grizzly!"

But with same-sex marriage taking hold, I have to wonder how many marriages-of-convenience will arise.

Desperate times call for desperate measures.....obviously. Would she have to send any photos of her Swarovski binos or spotting scope?

Argali
01-21-2015, 11:28 AM
Haha. No he would have been just using her to get to me and my spots.

A BC-Wy relationship could work with a pre-nup of moose, caribou, goat with bears/wolves over 3 years for an annual mule-elk-antelope combo.

But a Texan would have to buck up a very nice dowry to land a BC resident!

Jagermeister
01-21-2015, 11:29 AM

But with same-sex marriage taking hold, I have to wonder how many marriages-of-convenience will arise.Conjures up images of Broke Back Mountain.

Foxtail
01-21-2015, 03:20 PM
I wish I could help some non res hunters out. I have friends on other boards that live down south that I would love to bring hunting up here, unfortunately I would have to Marry off my sister... She didn't. Really seem too into the idea.

markomoose
01-21-2015, 07:26 PM
This thread is getting weird?

adriaticum
01-21-2015, 08:40 PM
This thread is getting weird?

Lol who knew there were so many broke back mountaineers on hbc looking for love lol.

Salty
01-21-2015, 10:13 PM
sigh...... another one post wonder. You'd think they'd be a little more creative? Ah well. ..

tuner
01-21-2015, 10:59 PM
You can hunt small game, if I'm not mistaken, without using the services of a guide.I'ts not what you're after,but it's an incredible place filled with stunning scenery, bountiful wildlife,and friendly and hospitable people. P.S. Bring a fishing rod if you do decide to visit.