PDA

View Full Version : "Un-Manned" Drones

40incher
01-20-2015, 08:04 PM
Apparently, the CO Service is right on top of making un-manned aviation devices "drones" illegal for hunting ... sounds like a real good plan, especially on the Stone Sheep Ram ranges!

Wonder who is pushing their buttons on this one though?!

Resident hunters have been raising this same concern of the "manned" aviation devices (which would be the privately and/or commercially-owned float and wheeled-planes in the North) that relentlessly fly these same Ram ranges daily, only prior to and during the sheep-hunting season it seems? But this has been given little attention as far as any charges?

What's the difference I would ask? ... unless you actually lay charges on the originators of the concept of locating game to kill wildlife by means of assisted aviation to locate said wildlife??

Just a question ...

Drillbit
01-20-2015, 09:04 PM
I don't agree with any unmanned cameras, unless on private land by landowners.

northernguy
01-20-2015, 09:33 PM
Drones are generally not as legal in Canada as many folks would think. Drones do not include model aircraft. Drones being operated for commercial use, and some other uses, are done so under a Special Flight Operations Certificate issued by Transport Canada. The can operate under a regulatory exemption if they meet certain restrictions. There is quite a broad definition of "commercial use"...a guide outfitter using one to scout would be considered "commercial use". A resident hunter using one would most likely not be considered "commercial use" unless the images are sold to a third party.

If the game regs are slow to stop 'em, maybe officials could use the Aeronautics Act and it's Regulatory provisions.

Either way...if they are in shotgun range...they're fair game ;) !

01-20-2015, 09:50 PM
Either way...if they are in shotgun range...they're fair game :wink: !

Always thought the same........no bag limit, winged/wingless and no closed season!

keoke
01-20-2015, 10:05 PM
I read that theives are using them to case houses and see who is home and who isnt. They should start a drone registry before this gets out of hand lol

Argali
01-20-2015, 10:12 PM
I don't agree with any unmanned cameras, unless on private land by landowners.

Well said.

Cordillera
01-20-2015, 10:29 PM
The regs say " it is illegal to hunt wildlife from an aircraft" and I inderstand the government believes this section of the regs covers the use of drones if the drone is used to locate wildlife. Same would apply if you hired a plane to fly over a range and radio you coordinates of a ram or bull or.... Illegal.

itsy bitsy xj
01-20-2015, 11:50 PM
I read that theives are using them to case houses and see who is home and who isnt. They should start a drone registry before this gets out of hand lol

Can't wait to see one buzzing around my place, I'll be skeet shooting the damn thing

Vladimir Poutine
01-21-2015, 09:36 AM
The regs say " it is illegal to hunt wildlife from an aircraft" and I inderstand the government believes this section of the regs covers the use of drones if the drone is used to locate wildlife. Same would apply if you hired a plane to fly over a range and radio you coordinates of a ram or bull or.... Illegal.

Not so at least not yet. The drones that are being described do not fit the definition of an aircraft, yet. If the unit is under 35kg then you require no permission to fly as it does not fit the definition of an aircraft. Until Transport Canada changes that it is legal. Until the Hunting regs specifically mention these devices it is legal.

mungojeerie
01-21-2015, 08:52 PM
A month or so ago a friend and myself were out hunting Ducks on private property in Pitt Meadows on a Sunday morning. Some jackass parked way off in the distance was flying a drone. Im sure it would be classified as a model plane, but Im calling it a drone because it was way beyond the average model plane. The wing span was about 6' and it turned out he was all rigged up with some sort of video goggles on...

long story short we weren't impressed because he kept doing fly by's.... sometimes only 15 or so feet off the ground right up the ditch line between the two farms buzzing our decoys. I should have gone to talk to him and ask him to stop but I didn't... instead I spent my time keeping my hunting partner from shooting it out of the sky.

Gun Dog
01-21-2015, 09:44 PM
Lots of model planes are that big. Cool if he had remote video.

redthorn
01-22-2015, 12:01 AM
I think the threat of drones scouting is pretty minimal. Flight times are all under 30 min for any that have any sort of decent flight/video capabilities, and most flight times are closer to 15 min. Control range is not super great yet either. Couple that with mountain thermals and you will have a lot of "smart guys" hiking up anyways to retrieve a busted up investment of several thousand dollars.

olympia
01-22-2015, 12:43 AM
Can't wait to see one buzzing around my place, I'll be skeet shooting the damn thing

I hear there is no bag limit, no tag needed either

hardnocks
01-22-2015, 07:41 AM
my grandson has a drone do`s not have a camera on it he has fun flying it. one of you asses shoot it I hope you lose you firearms.

BimmerBob
01-22-2015, 07:58 AM
Interesting comments about shooting someones property, I guess if you all didn't like cars in your neighborhood you would just take pot shots at them too? What's next baby carriages? Responsible gun owners one and all, hell ya! Think for just a bit before you spout off, please....

Stresd
01-22-2015, 08:10 AM
They have been using drones to smuggle drugs for a few years now. Recent Meth crash

http://fox5sandiego.com/2015/01/21/drug-smuggling-drone-crashes-near-san-ysidro-border/

uraarchr
01-22-2015, 09:04 AM
Saw a farming show on tv and they were using them to spray mosquitoes.they can put weed killer and target specific weeds in a specific area.Go on google earth ,zoom in on their property and mark the spots.The drone will do the rest.Theyre using them for law enforcement, crash scene investigation and a whole bunch of other stuff.Shooting down Federal property?

Ranger95
01-22-2015, 09:26 AM
Nooooo - what am I going to do with all this ammo? :razz:

http://i1290.photobucket.com/albums/b535/privateaffair/2ec773143d34d5255f7ddf23a081965f_zps17210d8c.jpg

Gateholio
01-22-2015, 09:41 AM
Those of you that suggest shooting down drones need to get your heads out of your asses.

It is completely illegal, possibly dangerous, and you could be shooting down somebody's work tools. It's no different than the morons that shoot signs they don't like.

It also violates HBC rules, and if it continues, some HBC vacations will be handed out.

BRvalley
01-22-2015, 10:49 AM
A month or so ago a friend and myself were out hunting Ducks on private property in Pitt Meadows on a Sunday morning. Some jackass parked way off in the distance was flying a drone. Im sure it would be classified as a model plane, but Im calling it a drone because it was way beyond the average model plane. The wing span was about 6' and it turned out he was all rigged up with some sort of video goggles on...

long story short we weren't impressed because he kept doing fly by's.... sometimes only 15 or so feet off the ground right up the ditch line between the two farms buzzing our decoys. I should have gone to talk to him and ask him to stop but I didn't... instead I spent my time keeping my hunting partner from shooting it out of the sky.

I get your frustration on this, sounds like an RC air plane, some of the kits are fair sized...to me, that qualifies as interfering with a lawful hunt if he knew you guys were there

as for shooting any drone you see? how many people have actually seen a drone while hunting?

shooting a random drone sounds like stealing a trail cam...just messing with some dudes property

rocksteady
01-22-2015, 11:45 AM
Following the concerns and regs in the U.S. A lot of states are instituing drone laws for hunting. They may not be a concern, but why wait til tehy are a concern before you try to enact legislation.

I have no issue with it. I don't own a drone or know anyone who does.

papaken
01-22-2015, 12:29 PM
I get your frustration on this, sounds like an RC air plane, some of the kits are fair sized...to me, that qualifies as interfering with a lawful hunt if he knew you guys were there

as for shooting any drone you see? how many people have actually seen a drone while hunting?

shooting a random drone sounds like stealing a trail cam...just messing with some dudes property

I read somewhere that some anti-hunting groups were encouraging members to buy drones . They said to use them to film, harass and disrupt hunters. Suggest taking pictures and getting licence numbers and report to the CO's or police as these practices are illegal. They may get away with it once but if a pattern of behaviour can be established they may actually be charged. Above all resist the temptation to destroy private property as this will only go bad for you and reflect badly on the rest of us.

BRvalley
01-22-2015, 12:45 PM
http://www.wideopenspaces.com/petas-new-underwater-drones-coming-anglers/

LOL I'd love to see one of these on the water

hardnocks
01-22-2015, 01:31 PM
Why would a drones be illegal when game cameras sending pictures back to your cellphone is okay ?

SeaScene
01-22-2015, 02:35 PM
Well said.

Ditto to that... Box stores for hunting supplies good indicator of present disease of affluence infesting, degrading natural BC and the soul of what hunting returns us to.

keoke
01-22-2015, 05:19 PM
Why would a drones be illegal when game cameras sending pictures back to your cellphone is okay ?

The difference is that a drone is actively searching for a target. A game camera is stationary.

hardnocks
01-22-2015, 05:41 PM
The difference is that a drone is actively searching for a target. A game camera is stationary.
I don`t agree with either...ones know better then the other.

panhead
01-23-2015, 04:38 PM
The father of a friend of mine walked over to have a look out his window in a high rise in Burnaby. There was a drone lookig back at him. What next?

dino
01-24-2015, 07:25 AM
its a passing fad.

argyle1
01-24-2015, 05:05 PM
drone registry is no different than gun registry--the drones aren't the problem, the people are

dwuff
10-27-2015, 01:42 AM
Those of you that suggest shooting down drones need to get your heads out of your asses.

It is completely illegal, possibly dangerous, and you could be shooting down somebody's work tools. It's no different than the morons that shoot signs they don't like.

It also violates HBC rules, and if it continues, some HBC vacations will be handed out.

Albeit a late reply to this thread, it is absolutely the case that anyone who thinks that shooting at someone else's property for their own ends and/or beliefs is someone who should have a lifetime ban on owning/possessing firearms. Very sad that this or any forum would contain such comments. It's not even a little bit funny.

mooseless
10-29-2015, 12:00 PM
It is illegal to use drones for hunting purposes. That is a law. (Just do your research)

it is illegal to interfere with a legal hunt.

Now.............as for it to be legal to shoot one down I don't know, but I would have to make that decision while is hovers over my hot tub.

Slinky Pickle
10-29-2015, 12:16 PM
It is illegal to use drones for hunting purposes. That is a law.

Please show me this law. The "synopsis" is not an enforceable act or regulation, it's just a summary of the various actsand/or regulations that guide us as hunters. It's a pretty slippery slope when government starts publishing different wording in the synopsis than it does in the actual act. The cart appears to be slightly ahead of the horse on this one.

mooseless
10-29-2015, 12:27 PM
I read it online in synopsis, then read an article in Vancouver sun.

i can't tell you the act or regulation, so, I think we all have been using the synopsis as our guide to what the law is.

jconn
10-29-2015, 12:49 PM
What about the possibility that they're using the drone for another purpose or just for fun? Forget the regs or wildlife act for a second - if you only see the drone and not the hunting, it makes no sense to take any action.

Suppose they're using it for another purpose and you intentionally damage their property. Obviously bad situation, plus you've added using a firearm to commit the crime? Gonna need a good lawyer to take that on.

mooseless
10-29-2015, 01:12 PM
Yes, I agree.

Looking_4_Jerky
10-29-2015, 01:48 PM
Quite honestly, for a multitude of reasons I would rather have a guy fly a drone over a series of cuts looking for a moose than have a guy ATV/SxS all over the goddamn place, rutting up the road, making obnoxious noise, and just generally ruining a peaceful experience for everyone.

As for shooting them down, remember that you may very well be on video doing it. They are generally controlled by phones and other devices that also house a screen that displays the video that camera is capturing. If I watched someone shoot my drone down, you can bet there would be retaliation, and it would suck to ruin a day in the woods that way.

I agree with Slinky Pickle. My interpretation is that there is no barrier to legal use in hunting applications. As 40incher points out, you have bush pilots flying over tracts all the time. Although there is a no-shooting-after-flight window, you can guess that they pass along knowledge of animals habitual patterns, which is not much less of an advantage than having a real-time sighting with a drone, since now you have to fly your drone back, put it away safely and securely, figure out how to get to the animal, get there, try to hike further or just find where the animal has been, etc. Either way, it's not a slam dunk.

IslandBC
10-29-2015, 02:27 PM
You think a drone is going to fly over a cut block and get a better view then if you were on foot with good glass? The battery life for a single flight is 25-30 minutes or less with a range of max 1/2 a mile.. Think how much game you don't see driving in your vehicle. Plus it's illegal so doesn't matter anyway. As far as I'm concerned if you alright to shoot down someone's investment your just as bad as the thieves that steel trail cams, shoot up equipment and dump garbage. Don't like seeing a hobbie drone on your hunt? Get out into the bush.

Elkaholic
10-29-2015, 03:01 PM
Here is a question for you drone guys, my FIL has one and we have been wanting to use it when we are out bear or cat hunting. Now we dont want to use it to help hunt in any way, but we want to fly it up eye level with the animal in the tree and take video and pictures. Does this kind of use still get the finger pointed at you for using a drone? Just an honest question.

gunsandhoses
10-29-2015, 03:27 PM
http://youtu.be/IbGBPfmR4ho

IslandBC
10-29-2015, 04:26 PM
Here is a question for you drone guys, my FIL has one and we have been wanting to use it when we are out bear or cat hunting. Now we dont want to use it to help hunt in any way, but we want to fly it up eye level with the animal in the tree and take video and pictures. Does this kind of use still get the finger pointed at you for using a drone? Just an honest question.
I would pick a separate day to be using your drone rather then use on a hunting day. Even though your Intensions are positive, it can be easily portrayed as negative.

Xenomorph
10-29-2015, 05:49 PM
http://youtu.be/IbGBPfmR4ho

Beautiful video.

mnholt
10-29-2015, 09:22 PM
how do you think this is going to play out long term?

is using a drone fare chase?

right, so it's not fare chase, gov will ban drone's, hunters will shoot them down at will regardless.

you're flying a drone over private land, have at er, you're competing with me on crown land different issue..

next issue please..

GotaGun
10-29-2015, 09:42 PM
Page 15 #27 of regs
ITS UNLAWFULL TO:

27. to use a helicopter, including a drone,while on a hunting expedition

New to regs and in RED writing

IslandBC
10-29-2015, 10:09 PM
Great post Gotagun and 100% correct. I still think the use of a drone "if we're legal". Would not be as effective as good ol' school boots to ground hunting. (Depending on landscape) here on the rock would be 100% useless

Slinky Pickle
10-30-2015, 06:22 AM
Page 15 #27 of regs
ITS UNLAWFULL TO:

27. to use a helicopter, including a drone,while on a hunting expedition

New to regs and in RED writing

Those "regs" aren't the "act" and are therefor not enforceable. Those "regs" are supposed to be a summary of the Wildlife Act but nowhere in the actual "Act" does is make reference to "drones". My point was that it seems very odd that they would word the summary synopsis different than the actual, enforceable act. I'm not saying I agree or disagree with using drones but I strongly disagree with wording in the synopsis that can't be backed up by any act or regulation.

Also, do we honestly think that more animals will get discovered by drones than by quads? If you're looking for a "fair chase" bandwagon to jump on, how about looking at the packs of quads running from block to block all day.

Gateholio
10-30-2015, 07:51 AM
how do you think this is going to play out long term?

is using a drone fare chase?

right, so it's not fare chase, gov will ban drone's, hunters will shoot them down at will regardless.

you're flying a drone over private land, have at er, you're competing with me on crown land different issue..

next issue please..

"Hunters" that shoot down drones are criminals, nothing more. They can and should be charged with multiple offenses, and should have their firearms seized, as they are obviously too irresponsible to own one.

At some point in BC, I expect some moron hunter will indeed shoot down a drone, and then we will see all sorts of fireworks. It will make the news and be one more bit of negative publicity for hunters and gun owners. Thankfully, there is a good chance the idiot will be caught on camera, which is a good thing, for he can be publicly denounced and be held accountable for his actions.

FIrearm charges often lead to a revoked PAL, so the fool will be bowhunting for the next 5 years or more.

Looking_4_Jerky
10-30-2015, 10:15 AM

There is a provision in the Wildlife Act that deals with the use of mechanical devices being prohibited for harassing wildlife. In the regs synopsis it's stated as:

to use a power boat, aircraft, or motorvehicle or other mechanical device to herdor harass wildlife.

I think you'd have an easier time making the case that a drone taking pics of a treed cougar is harassing the animal than making the case it's illegal to use the drone for doing recon while actually hunting.

That's just me 2 bits though.

elknut
10-30-2015, 10:33 AM
Drones .....aircraft .....No difference...The guides are flying everyday looking for animals for their clients..Anyone hunting Toad river can easily see this .......This practise has been going on forever..The govt nows whats going on but won't stop the guides from doing it ..They only want to restrict resident hunters..I'm in no way a supporter of aircraft or drone survellience ..Always have been a fair chase kind of guy...The guides also use their planes to herd animals away from resident hunters ...At $ 30000 or more per sheep its purely greed ...Hope to see this drone thing strongly enforced ...but won't hold my breath...Any technology will be exploited by the guide outfitters and unethical hunters ...

Gun Dog
10-30-2015, 10:40 AM
Those "regs" aren't the "act" and are therefor not enforceable. Those "regs" are supposed to be a summary of the Wildlife Act but nowhere in the actual "Act" does is make reference to "drones". My point was that it seems very odd that they would word the summary synopsis different than the actual, enforceable act. I'm not saying I agree or disagree with using drones but I strongly disagree with wording in the synopsis that can't be backed up by any act or regulation.I disagree. The Wildlife Act allows the Minister to make regulations that are enforceable. If you want to know the law then you need to read the act and all the regulations that come from it. That's how our legal system works -- an act provides a framework and the regulations provide the details. The regulations can change quickly and don't need a sitting of the legislature. Every single act works this way.

The hunting synopsis is a user friendly version of the act and regulations. It also includes the caveat that "the regulations may change at any time and check the web site for updates".

I was going to give the list of Wildlife Act regulations but there's no obvious list.

I did find:
- Wildlife Act General Regulation
- Designation and Exemption Regulation
- Motor Vehicle Prohibition Regulation
- Public Access Prohibition Regulation
- Wildlife Act Commercial Activities Regulation
- Controlled Alien Species Regulation

wideopenthrottle
10-30-2015, 10:58 AM
http://www.bclaws.ca/Recon/document/ID/freeside/00_96488_01#section27
http://www.bclaws.ca/civix/document/id/complete/statreg/96145_01
http://www.bclaws.ca/civix/document/id/complete/statreg/00017_00
for future reference ....as stated, the act does not mention it but see in sec 108 (2) (s) prohibiting or regulating methods and devices for hunting, trapping, capturing or taking wildlife and respecting safety in those activities;

you will also note none of the bag limits etc in the synopsis are in the wildlife act

Looking_4_Jerky
10-30-2015, 11:27 AM
I think anyone could make an inquiry to CO service. If they have something concrete, I'm all ears. If it's wishy-washy and the CO can't draw the direct lines of why or how it is illegal, then status quo, which would mean the drone is fair game.

I don't have a drone and likely would not buy one for the purposes of hunting, so I won't bother making that inquiry. Just playing the devil's advocate on this one. I really don''t think it would be the end of the world and think that the whole concept of drones is far less of a bane than many others current issues impacting resident hunters.

Slinky Pickle
10-30-2015, 02:55 PM
you will also note none of the bag limits etc in the synopsis are in the wildlife act

Respectfully, they are. The bag limits are listed in schedules 1 thru 9 of the act and are revised as required each year.

Scroll to the bottom of this link and check each schedule.

http://www.bclaws.ca/civix/document/LOC/complete/statreg/--%20W%20--/20_Wildlife%20Act%20[RSBC%201996]%20c.%20488/05_Regulations/18_190_84%20-%20Hunting%20Regulation/190_84_00.htm

Slinky Pickle
10-30-2015, 02:59 PM
That's how our legal system works -- an act provides a framework and the regulations provide the details. The regulations can change quickly and don't need a sitting of the legislature. Every single act works this way.

The hunting synopsis is a user friendly version of the act and regulations. It also includes the caveat that "the regulations may change at any time and check the web site for updates".

I agree with you 100% on this. My point is that you cannot be charged with an offense under the "hunting and trapping synopsis" and so far, that's the only place where the word drone is actually mentioned.... that I can find.

Gun Dog
10-30-2015, 03:26 PM
Respectfully, they are. The bag limits are listed in schedules 1 thru 9 of the act and are revised as required each year.

Scroll to the bottom of this link and check each schedule.

http://www.bclaws.ca/civix/document/LOC/complete/statreg/--%20W%20--/20_Wildlife%20Act%20[RSBC%201996]%20c.%20488/05_Regulations/18_190_84%20-%20Hunting%20Regulation/190_84_00.htmThat's not the Wildlife Act, its the Hunting Regulation.

I did find the current Cumulative BC Regulations Bulletin (http://www.qp.gov.bc.ca/statreg/bulletin/bull2015/cumulati.htm) and it doesn't look like there's any recent amendments to the regulations regarding drones.

Awesome -- I found all the Wildlife Act regulations (http://www.bclaws.ca/civix/content/complete/statreg/901199259/96488/reg96488/?xsl=/templates/browse.xsl) at the Queens Printer. Searching for drones (nothing) and aircraft there's nothing about searching, just herding.

Slinky Pickle
10-30-2015, 05:02 PM
That's not the Wildlife Act, its the Hunting Regulation.

Agreed, I was just indicating that they do exist within a legal document and not just the synopsis.

M.Dean
10-30-2015, 06:03 PM
OK Tim, lets say you did spot a B&C Record Book Mule Deer Buck that I was after my hole life, and you used your "Drone" to find where it was bedded down, so now, you get your fat ass out of your lawn chair, grab your rifle and walk to where it is and shoot it. Would you classify that as "Fair Chase" as stated in the B.C. Hunting Reg's? Would you stand up in front of all of us and tell us some Bull Sh** story about how you tracked this massive Buck down, then finally snuck up on him and bang, you got him? Well would you? Well then Tim, I know I for one wouldn't classify your Buck as a B&C animal, I'd say it was dam well "Poached" and your a bloody "Poacher"! Man oh Man, you know it's bad enough that some guys are shooting animals at 12 to 14 hundred yards away, that's not hunting, that's target shooting where the target bleeds, and now some guys are using "Drones", won't be long and the term "Hunter" will refer to the guy that's got the best "Lazar Guided Bullets"!!!

Elkaholic
11-02-2015, 02:13 PM
There is a provision in the Wildlife Act that deals with the use of mechanical devices being prohibited for harassing wildlife. In the regs synopsis it's stated as:

to use a power boat, aircraft, or motorvehicle or other mechanical device to herdor harass wildlife.

I think you'd have an easier time making the case that a drone taking pics of a treed cougar is harassing the animal than making the case it's illegal to use the drone for doing recon while actually hunting.

That's just me 2 bits though.

I see what your saying and can totally understand it, I think I may ask the CO's to see if there is any wrong doing involved. I just think the footage you could get of a tree'd animal with one of these would be amazing. I just don't want to get an infraction for doing so.

okas
11-02-2015, 03:22 PM
i have a good one it will fly ahead of the jet boat . as far as planes we all know what goes on there sheep hunting.

okas
11-02-2015, 03:39 PM
the COs CAN MAKE UP ANY CHARGE THEY WANT GETS THROWN OUT OF COURT YOU LOSE MONEY.. HA HA
why are these guys such idiots behaving badly is it because to lazy for a real job and to dumb to get a trade .., years ago most were normal and not many bad now all under 50 bad and pushy .
most go away for there 10 day hunt and maybe a deer week .,. i am putting up with this the whole season.

Xenomorph
11-02-2015, 04:47 PM
won't be long and the term "Hunter" will refer to the guy that's got the best "Lazar Guided Bullets"!!!

10k for the "Laser self-calculation-trajectory" thingie out of the box 1k mark hit. 10k is for the optics only. Dean, I think that once those become "popular" we can root some some classic common-sense rules to prohibit those from hunting.

People spend money and time on gadgets instead of boots to the forest and trek, scout, sweat and enjoy the ****ing outdoors ...like they're supposed to.

Barracuda
11-02-2015, 05:00 PM
CO's consider the drone a helicopter by definition so even though the act doesn't say drone it is a helicopter and thus deemed against the rules . people have to remember the wildlife act isn't the criminal code so the criteria is different and secondly you can be charged with an offence and even if in all likelihood it will not go through it is still going to cost you a hunting license and legal fees (you may get the license back but not legal fees) till its sorted out. It has always been this way .

Sangstercraft
11-02-2015, 10:34 PM
Drone hunters line up for Colorado town's 'license' ahead of vote

http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2013/09/07/drone-hunting-licenses-sold-in-colorado-town-ahead-vote/

Backwoods
11-03-2015, 10:11 AM
Always thought the same........no bag limit, winged/wingless and no closed season!
Already happend in USA!! Drone was filming a guys daughter sun bathing in the back yard so he shot it out of the sky!!!

okas
11-03-2015, 08:12 PM
CO's consider the drone a helicopter by definition so even though the act doesn't say drone it is a helicopter and thus deemed against the rules . people have to remember the wildlife act isn't the criminal code so the criteria is different and secondly you can be charged with an offence and even if in all likelihood it will not go through it is still going to cost you a hunting license and legal fees (you may get the license back but not legal fees) till its sorted out. It has always been this way .

ha ha that is how they pay there keep

Barracuda
11-03-2015, 08:34 PM
Im sure this has already been seen by most

http://www.vancouversun.com/technology/Hunters+using+drones+risk+stiff+fines/11063683/story.html?__lsa=36cc-f303

Mauser98
11-03-2015, 08:46 PM
Already happend in USA!! Drone was filming a guys daughter sun bathing in the back yard so he shot it out of the sky!!!

And here's the verdict

http://www.theepochtimes.com/n3/1886841-judge-dismisses-charges-against-man-who-shot-down-drone/

ruger#1
11-05-2015, 07:37 AM
Looking in the Staples flyer. They have a drone that has a range of 2km. 14MP ,full HD. 1080p camera. Put some small solar cells on it and it might go further.

wideopenthrottle
01-20-2016, 01:36 PM
http://www.offthegridnews.com/current-events/arrested-for-shooting-down-a-drone-hovering-over-your-own-yard/
recent judgement in the US on the topic of drones

whoops...I missed the previous link on it