PDA

View Full Version : Blaeberry River FSR

Trekker
01-16-2015, 02:03 PM
Was anyone up the blaeberry fsr in the summer/fall. Wondering what the road was like. Ive heard of washouts, has the road been repaired? Would like to head up there in the spring if the leh gods are good to me. Thanks.

Tuffcity
01-16-2015, 07:15 PM
I was up there a couple of years ago and then there was a washout a few kilometers before the Mummary Glacier trail. Got my truck and camper through/around it but wasn't getting past the next one about a click past the trail. That one is/was huge and you might get by it with a good 4X4, quad would at the time. We walked about 5-6 km up the road and there are a few more washouts past that.

I would think that in the spring you would be hard pressed to get past the one before the trail even with a quad. By the looks of the amount of material that gets moved that river hauls in the high water.

RC

Trekker
01-17-2015, 12:14 PM
Thanks for the info tuffcity, Ive heard of those washouts around mummary. Has anyone been up there recently, any repairs done? thanks.

Rodd
01-20-2015, 11:04 AM
Working Forestry up there last week. The road is still closed, can't get much past the campground at the strat of the road. but the loggers are going to open it up next summer. The road will go in on the opposite side of the valley this time, and try to avoid the debris flows. Not sure how far in they will open it? I can keep you posted come spring if you like.

Bugle M In
01-20-2015, 12:01 PM
Working Forestry up there last week. The road is still closed, can't get much past the campground at the strat of the road. but the loggers are going to open it up next summer. The road will go in on the opposite side of the valley this time, and try to avoid the debris flows. Not sure how far in they will open it? I can keep you posted come spring if you like.
ya if u don't mined, I would like to be kept up to date as well, as I am from LM, and wouldn't know...but would like to go in there sometime again...it's been years..

Rodd
01-20-2015, 12:03 PM
For sure I can update you on its status come spring. Lots of Wolves and Cat tracks up there now..

Bugle M In
01-20-2015, 03:03 PM
For sure I can update you on its status come spring. Lots of Wolves and Cat tracks up there now..

thank you...look forward to it

Trekker
01-20-2015, 03:32 PM
Thanks Rodd id appreciate that. Thanks for the info.