PDA

View Full Version : Need some help regarding allocations

01-09-2015, 10:52 AM
There will be a meeting in Prince George on Monday January 12 where we will be discussing the Resident Hunters' position on tag allocations. Would HBC members be kind enough to help me with some research? Namely:
1. Allocations for various states and provinces;
2. Number of guide/outfitters licensed per state/province;
3. Any upcoming or proposed changes to allocation policies.

For example, Wyoming had the following proposition in 2014 (I don't know if it passed):
http://legisweb.state.wy.us/2014/Introduced/HB0112.pdf

It basically wanted to cut NR tags from 80/20 and 75/25 (depending on species) to 90/10 across the board.

I am looking for official (ie government) documents.

Please send me links with description via PM. I will try to get as much of it together as possible for the Monday meeting.

Thanks for your help.

adriaticum
01-09-2015, 10:54 AM
Phew good luck with that.
I looked for this information and could not find much.
I looked for the number of guides outfitters in various states.
The difficulty is that every state has it's on laws and every state has it's own department of natural resources.

adriaticum
01-09-2015, 11:11 AM
I phoned South Carolina DNR and they don't have any limits on non-residents vs residents.
The manager told me that for example alligators, they have a limited number of tags (1000) that they issue but there is no limit on how many non residents can buy.

BRvalley
01-09-2015, 11:11 AM
I was fishing in Colorado this past fall and my fly guide, who also hunts, mentioned they were also going through allocation disputes...maybe the Colorado Wildlife Federation might be able to provide some data??...I would imagine somebody from the BCWF would get a quicker reply than joe blow making a random phone call...just throwing it out there

adriaticum
01-09-2015, 11:18 AM
Spoke to Colorado Parks and Wildlife.
They don't require guides.
Up to 20% percent of all species is allocated to Non-residents.

adriaticum
01-09-2015, 11:19 AM
I was fishing in Colorado this past fall and my fly guide, who also hunts, mentioned they were also going through allocation disputes...maybe the Colorado Wildlife Federation might be able to provide some data??...I would imagine somebody from the BCWF would get a quicker reply than joe blow making a random phone call...just throwing it out there

You can call me Joe

It's not complicated to get the information but it is tedious.

Dusty Roads
01-09-2015, 12:42 PM
Hey, Google the Newfoundland hunting regs 2014-15
page 25 moose
page 29 caribou
these are not complete numbers I believe they are just for the island? Labrador?
anyways hope it helps a bit. As I get time I will do some more lil random searches

forestwalker
01-09-2015, 01:08 PM
There will be a meeting in Prince George on Monday January 12 where we will be discussing the Resident Hunters' position on tag allocations. Would HBC members be kind enough to help me with some research? Namely:
1. Allocations for various states and provinces;
2. Number of guide/outfitters licensed per state/province;
3. Any upcoming or proposed changes to allocation policies.

For example, Wyoming had the following proposition in 2014 (I don't know if it passed):
http://legisweb.state.wy.us/2014/Introduced/HB0112.pdf

It basically wanted to cut NR tags from 80/20 and 75/25 (depending on species) to 90/10 across the board.

I am looking for official (ie government) documents.

Please send me links with description via PM. I will try to get as much of it together as possible for the Monday meeting.

Thanks for your help.

who's working on what? i have some time I might be able to help, let me know 1899! Wish I could attend the meeting myself, was hoping someone would step up and get a meeting together in Williams Lake, I might have to take a look at leading the pack.
Cheers
Rick

Ambush
01-09-2015, 01:41 PM
I'll see what I can get. The mid and western states are probably more on- line with the species available.