PDA

View Full Version : Just a thought

kawdy
01-08-2015, 12:21 AM
Would starting another petition, for the support of changing the allocation from the current levels too 90/10 across the board be something that may aid us in our struggle. If we had 5000 signatures plus, the BCWF could take this with them during the upcoming negotiations. I think this would be a powerful tool in their arsenal.

Feedback and ideas please ?

walks with deer
01-08-2015, 12:30 AM
Yes sir it would help

two-feet
01-08-2015, 01:52 AM
90/10 seems too generous but yes, a good idea

Spy
01-08-2015, 02:19 AM
90/10 seems too generous but yes, a good idea
That is because it is ! 5% is all and zero in areas where resident hunters are on LEH! So no Rosie hunts on the Island for non residents!

flyboy
01-08-2015, 07:40 AM
Whatever you do, do not go into talks with a high percentage thought(say 10%) cause the GOABC will come back with a higher percentage(20%) and the back and forth session will end up with an agreement at a higher percentage(15%)

Everyone has bought a car off the used car salesman, this is the oldest play in the book. Figure out what we are fighting for and stand there! Bend only when bending makes sense to your future..

LupieHunter
01-08-2015, 08:10 AM
I could be wrong but was 90/10 not the split mentioned in the BCWF petition?

broke
01-08-2015, 09:13 AM
If GOABC wants 25-40%, we should be pushing for 5-10% and normally, bargaining would land us in the middle'ish. I also think it's important to bring up other things that are equally beneficial to GOABC and resident hunters - wildlife/habitat enhancement programs, hiring more biologist and CO's, predator control, etc. If the province was committed to increasing the wildlife pops in the province overall, the guides could get their 600 or 5000 extra tags and residents could get more LEH's too - WIN/WIN. Hopefully this is our hour to have the govt's attention - let's make sure we ask for everything we want (not just a better allocation).

01-08-2015, 09:26 AM
If GOABC wants 25-40%, we should be pushing for 5-10% and normally, bargaining would land us in the middle'ish. I also think it's important to bring up other things that are equally beneficial to GOABC and resident hunters - wildlife/habitat enhancement programs, hiring more biologist and CO's, predator control, etc. If the province was committed to increasing the wildlife pops in the province overall, the guides could get their 600 or 5000 extra tags and residents could get more LEH's too - WIN/WIN. Hopefully this is our hour to have the govt's attention - let's make sure we ask for everything we want (not just a better allocation).

Agree 100% Reality is A LOT of the present situation we find ourselves in can be laid at the gov't doorstep. They have treated our natural resources as poker chips to be used and cashed in as they see fit with no regard to long term sustainable. If our govt was really concerned about it, resource allocation would be a topic of discussion where the resources sustainability would be a top priority, not back room deals. 30 years of resident hunting in BC has not lead me to believe the quality/quantity of our wild life has improved.

Salty
01-08-2015, 10:06 AM
I don't think we should pick numbers at all. If any petition we should only strongly support BCWF's position. In negotiation everything is a moving target we aren't at the table. We could easily undermine a position by picking any numbers at all.

kawdy
01-09-2015, 05:31 AM
Thanks guys. Salty, I'll talk to some players at BCWF and ask them if it would help the cause from their perspective.

bridger
01-09-2015, 07:17 AM
Good idea, but don't stop with the letters, phone calls, emails, and media advertising. Politicians tend to view petitions with the attitude that anyone will sign a petition and someone pissed off enough to take direct action more seriously. We have created a crisis for government and need to keep it fuelled so a petition will help for sure.

Salty
01-09-2015, 03:34 PM
Thanks guys. Salty, I'll talk to some players at BCWF and ask them if it would help the cause from their perspective.

No thank you kawdy you're efforts are huge and greatly appreciated by us all