PDA

View Full Version : cheap moose tag.

walks with deer
01-08-2015, 12:18 AM
Anybody know if we can buy cheap moose tags off a outfitter that does not fill his quota.

I would also be interested in a easy rosie draw...

Tīɡ
01-08-2015, 12:32 AM
Not something I have ever heard of, but would be interested in finding out as well.

Spy
01-08-2015, 12:53 AM
Anybody know if we can buy cheap moose tags off a outfitter that does not fill his quota.

I would also be interested in a easy rosie draw...
Ok I will bite! First of all what are cheap tags? Second why would you want to support anything to do with a guide? no 3 easy rosie hunt, If it was easy you would think the guide would fill his quota? Maybe Im misunderstanding your questions or this thread.

fuzzybiscuit
01-08-2015, 05:46 AM
Two bites right off the bat. Let them run a bit before setting the hook! LOL!

hunter1947
01-08-2015, 06:16 AM
Not sure that you can get a moose tag or a Roosevelt tag from an outfitter but if you can you will pay dearly for them..

Piperdown
01-08-2015, 07:05 AM
Guide in 5-13b sold them to people i know for 150 bucks as his clientele dried up after the slump of 2008, he had to use em or loose em. He then gets an area in 7-12 as the other outfitter died then proceeded to file an appeal for more moose tags and was turned down, A real POS.

ace76
01-08-2015, 07:37 AM
I heard the same thing about that guide Piperdown . Some years back he was pretty much giving tags away for nothing so he wouldn't get them taken away. From what I understand he had quite a few that he couldn't fill and this came from a friend of mine that knows the outfitter well.

Spy
01-08-2015, 09:52 AM
Guide in 5-13b sold them to people i know for 150 bucks as his clientele dried up after the slump of 2008, he had to use em or loose em. He then gets an area in 7-12 as the other outfitter died then proceeded to file an appeal for more moose tags and was turned down, A real POS.
Who is the guide, name?

f350ps
01-08-2015, 10:48 AM
I also know of a Reg.5 guide that was taking his buddies for Moose just to fill his tags. This is NOT hearsay, I spoke with his two buddies when the guide went to get his truck to pull his boat out of the water and I have two witnesses! K

Fred1
01-08-2015, 11:15 AM
Anyone can buy a tag from an outfitter. What he chooses to charge for it is his business. The royalties still have to be paid to the govt. So as free enterprise works he charges what he feels he needs to recover in fees and make some profit - and of course factor in what people are willing to pay for the services. He still has to guide the guys who buy the tags - so Im pretty sure if a guy had a few tags laying around he could dump em to buddies for a reduced rate. So what?

Fred1
01-08-2015, 11:31 AM
Anyone can buy a tag from an outfitter. What he chooses to charge for it is his business. The royalties still have to be paid to the govt. So as free enterprise works he charges what he feels he needs to recover in fees and make some profit - and of course factor in what people are willing to pay for the services. He still has to guide the guys who buy the tags - so Im pretty sure if a guy had a few tags laying around he could dump em to buddies for a reduced rate. So what?

Ok I was wrong... an outfitter does not have to pay royalty on a resident hunter's game...section 69 of the Wildlife Act (http://www.huntingbc.ca/civix/document/id/complete/statreg/96488_01)

bighornbob
01-08-2015, 12:02 PM
Ok I was wrong... an outfitter does not have to pay royalty on a resident hunter's game...section 69 of the Wildlife Act (http://www.huntingbc.ca/civix/document/id/complete/statreg/96488_01)

He also does not have to guide them as they are most likely BC residents. Probably just has to do some minor paper work before and after the hunt.

01-08-2015, 12:06 PM

I'll tell you what. As already pointed out he does not have to guide the residents. It keeps his quota up even though his business is not making use of it. It also reduces opportunities for the average Joe while encouraging nepotism, and so on.

Piperdown
01-08-2015, 12:09 PM
He has to guide them, the people he gave the tags to guide for him so they were able to guide themselves in a round about way.

Fred1
01-08-2015, 12:10 PM
He also does not have to guide them as they are most likely BC residents. Probably just has to do some minor paper work before and after the hunt.

YA you may be right BHB... I should know that rule, but then again Ive never guided a resident hunter. I have never taken any game off my employers quota but a couple have. one in the 9 years I have been doing it - we called him the "special case"... he sure was... anyway We said we were guiding each other - I just assumed to be legit, we needed a gude - my bad... Ill do some more reading in the Wildlife Act - thanks