PDA

View Full Version : "OUR" government is developing some bad habit! Take a look at this.....

Seeker
01-06-2015, 12:54 PM
http://thetyee.ca/News/2014/08/09/Imperial-Metals-Monetary-Gifts/

It appears the mining group associated with the Mount Polley mine breach "donated" $233 710 to the liberal party and as a result in my opinion were favoured and only given a slap on the wrist for the one of Canada's worst environmental disasters! If we think this government is worried about a measly 102 000 hunters, we better not think anymore, and make sure they are very worried about their jobs or I think we may be in for a disappointment. I can only imagine the social pressure they experienced at the hands of environmentalists after this disaster and it didn't stop them from going easy on their campaign contributors. Of course this is only my opinion. I hope I am wrong, let's ramp it up

adriaticum
01-06-2015, 01:05 PM
That's how politics works. You pay, you play.
Until that changes, nothing will change.

Stone Sheep Steve
01-06-2015, 01:13 PM
I guess political donations are the cheapest form of insurance.

SSS

Wentrot
01-06-2015, 01:13 PM
Good ol' corruption right in front of every ones nose.

dana
01-06-2015, 01:22 PM
For those quoting political donations, why don't you look at who donate what to the NDP???? Please post up these numbers to see the other side of the coin. Back room deals is how the NDP ruled back in the 90's.

tinhorse
01-06-2015, 01:40 PM
That was the 90's. I sure hope they have learned from that...... Sure doesn't look like the liberals have learned any lessons so far during their rule. Just slowly running our province into the ground.

J_T
01-06-2015, 02:03 PM
I wouldn't give this much attention. The information comes from the Tyee. It isn't worth anything and is entirely intended to stir the masses. It's time people understand, intelligence is something we each apply for ourselves. Paying attention to the words of the Tyee is not sustainable for mankind.

I read the article and the real details are missing horribly. Standard bias reporting for the Tyee.

dana
01-06-2015, 02:06 PM
Tin horse, why don't you do the homework and see for yourself who is contributing what to the NDP????

adriaticum
01-06-2015, 02:47 PM
That was the 90's. I sure hope they have learned from that...... Sure doesn't look like the liberals have learned any lessons so far during their rule. Just slowly running our province into the ground.

No, we haven't learned from that.

Grumpa Joe
01-06-2015, 03:09 PM
They all stink. However, the relationships are concerning. The folks that own the Mount Polley Mine also own the Red Chris Mine in Northwest BC (they are affiliated to insulate them from having to bear the financial or legal responsibility of one another's negligence). This is the outfit that BC Hydro just built a $750 million power transmission line to essentially supply them with power for their operations. Hydro also claims that they will cut down carbon emissions by putting Iskut on the electric grid. This is a village of 200 people. How much diesel can they burn to create their electricity? The government has also refused to hook up Bell 2 Lodge, which is within 300 meters of the power line, without them paying $3 million for the privilege. Whether it is the NDP and the fast ferry fiasco or the Liberals with what is going on now this all stinks to high heaven from the perspective of the BC public. Neither side is representing their constituents but rather the money that got them into power.

tinhorse
01-06-2015, 03:33 PM
Dana I agree with you and that the contributors supporting the NDP are suspect in more than one way, especially when it comes to our hunting rights and privileges in BC and the hidden agendas behind them. But really I am looking at what is currently happening in BC and can't fathom voting for the liberals again. It is a scary situation when you look at it and are stuck for voting for who may be the least of two criminals that inevitably are going to screw us one way or another. Just hard to figure out which one will hurt less..... Exactly what 'I am Legend' put in his post....representing the money that put them in power, not their constitutes.

dana
01-06-2015, 03:44 PM
I have been saying Choose Your Poison for a reason. Why did Christy and the Liberals win the last election when all the polls were saying that Dicks and the NDP were sure victors???? Because at Judgement day, the voters of this province chose the best poison avaiable.

Bugle M In
01-06-2015, 03:49 PM
I'll vote, when there is a box that sys "none of the above", and they all have to go back and elect new leaders, until we, as voters, get to weed out the crooks and crappy politicians ourselves!!
Now, that would be democracy!!!, slow yes, but effective, once and for all!

Lillypuff
01-06-2015, 03:51 PM
at least we can do is put the fear into the liberals. 100,000 hunters is 200,000 votes. Would I vote NDP hell no but the liberals should know that they are hanging on by the skin of there teeth

J_T
01-06-2015, 04:00 PM
I'll vote, when there is a box that sys "none of the above", and they all have to go back and elect new leaders, until we, as voters, get to weed out the crooks and crappy politicians ourselves!!
Now, that would be democracy!!!, slow yes, but effective, once and for all! That box you want exists on every ballot. It always has. So exercise your right and vote. A spoiled ballot = "none of the above"

J_T
01-06-2015, 04:04 PM
at least we can do is put the fear into the liberals. 100,000 hunters is 200,000 votes. Would I vote NDP hell no but the liberals should know that they are hanging on by the skin of there teethI'm not sure how you come up with 100 equals 200 unless you're suggesting you/we influence our partners in life on how to vote. Which is completely wrong. I find the best way to let the Liberals know I don't approve is by being a member. When they call asking for donations, I explain in detail (and they give me the time to) what I am unhappy about, and I deny them any sort of donation. Why wait until an election? Cut off their re-election funding now. A much better way to provide guidance to a political party.

01-06-2015, 04:06 PM
Why did Christy and the Liberals win the last election when all the polls were saying that Dicks and the NDP were sure victors???? Because at Judgement day, the voters of this province chose the best poison avaiable.

that there is one of the brighter things you said about this entire subject .........

Reap your reward ........ Those that choose to be silent on your families hunting futures and not hold people accountable .

CT

dana
01-06-2015, 04:12 PM
yea, your right, convincing people that the NDP is not on our list of options is certainly not helping my family's hunting future. ;) I should just get on the bandwagon and boycott Wholesale Sports and the Wild Sheep Society of BC because that is certain to help my kid's future!

Bugle M In
01-06-2015, 04:15 PM
That box you want exists on every ballot. It always has. So exercise your right and vote. A spoiled ballot = "none of the above"

True, but than it is just that, a spoiled ballot.
With a box to tick, would send the right info to the counters, and they can post that to the news on election day...
that, none of the above won!

Bugle M In
01-06-2015, 04:16 PM
That's life I guess, we all get to make our "own" choices.

J_T
01-06-2015, 04:43 PM
True, but than it is just that, a spoiled ballot.
With a box to tick, would send the right info to the counters, and they can post that to the news on election day...
that, none of the above won!
My Grandmother taught me the best way to indicate "none of the above" was to draw a horses ass on the ballot. It represented more than a spoiled ballot.

Bugle M In
01-06-2015, 05:08 PM
My Grandmother taught me the best way to indicate "none of the above" was to draw a horses ass on the ballot. It represented more than a spoiled ballot.

I think I would like your grandmother!!...lol
but really, how else can the system be reformed.
the ones who are able to make reform happen, are not willing to do it, for risk of running themselves out of a job.

Lillypuff
01-06-2015, 05:32 PM
JT you are right 1 does not equal 2 but probably closer to 4 when talking politics as my family seems to vote the same. Is there a problem discussing politics amongst family and friends weighing the pros and cons? Why would this be completely wrong? Just expressing my opinion.

f350ps
01-06-2015, 05:32 PM
yea, your right, convincing people that the NDP is not on our list of options is certainly not helping my family's hunting future. ;) I should just get on the bandwagon and boycott Wholesale Sports and the Wild Sheep Society of BC because that is certain to help my kid's future!
So Dana, other than being like a Yappy little lap dog constantly nipping at the heals of the people that are doing something what are you doing to preserve your children's hunting future? I asked this on another thread also and never got a reply! K

dana
01-06-2015, 05:40 PM
Being a voice of reason for one. Anyone actually think for themselves yet and look at who gives what to the NDP party????

J_T
01-06-2015, 07:01 PM
JT you are right 1 does not equal 2 but probably closer to 4 when talking politics as my family seems to vote the same. Is there a problem discussing politics amongst family and friends weighing the pros and cons? Why would this be completely wrong? Just expressing my opinion.
No issue with discussing politics with family. In fact i would encourage it. I just didnt think for a discussion like this you can equate 1 equals 2 or 4. Just my opinion.

f350ps
01-06-2015, 07:01 PM
Being a voice of reason for one. Anyone actually think for themselves yet and look at who gives what to the NDP party????
You are so focused on the NDP that you can't see the big picture! I would never ever vote for the dippers but I sure as hell would use their support to our advantage! K

Seeker
01-06-2015, 07:19 PM
You are so focused on the NDP that you can't see the big picture! I would never ever vote for the dippers but I sure as hell would use their support to our advantage! K

Well said, I am very fearful of what would happen should we vote NDP. I am a union member(not by choice; I love the medical field and all medical fields are automatically union) so in all rights I should be NDP all the way. I have yet to vote for the clowns because I am afraid of what would happen to the lifestyle I love o much. But I will scream very loudly when such an unethical and blatantly unfair policy is in place. And I am more than willing to lead a politician on if it garners some short term favour. Don't think for a second they wouldn't do it to you.

GoatGuy
01-06-2015, 07:22 PM
Getting tired of the party politics and fear mongering.

Your politician is elected to represent their constituents - NOT THEIR PARTY or PARTY DONATORS.

I don't care if you voted for the NDP, Liberal, Conservative, Green, Marijuana party or you didn't vote.

Tell your elected official to represent you.

If you don't like what your MLA is doing get rid of them, find another candidate who can represent you in the party, find a different party or find an independent. Find someone who will do their job. This is not an NDP vs Liberal thing and we are 2 years away from a provincial election.

I am certain this issue has raised the profile of resident hunters in BC and resident hunters will be asked BY ALL PARTIES what is important to them in the next election - and that is important.

curt
01-06-2015, 07:34 PM
just look at how this government treated the teachers clearly they have no morals or honor time to punt that douche out

Stone Sheep Steve
01-06-2015, 07:47 PM
One thing where the two main parties differ is that the NDP relies strongly on the public Union sector both in the form of donations and votes. The Liberals seem to rely financially on the support of businesses and once elected have rewarded those businesses with government support. The important issue here is that by rewarding businesses(in the case of GOABC), the liberals have done it at the expense of their voters.
It's our job to remind them who put them in power. It sure wasn't the relative few votes of big business.
Being financially responsible is a good thing but when it is done in a socially irresponsible manner? Well, that's not so good.

SSS