PDA

View Full Version : Threads missing - investigation for derogatory, offensive, and defamatory post.

Marc
01-02-2015, 10:31 PM
Members,

I've received correspondence from a law firm in Vancouver with quoted allegations from several threads and personnel. Just because you are on the internet doesn't mean you are above the law and that it's acceptable thing to do because you're hiding behind a handle.

I'm not risking or jeopardizing the website for a few members who seem to think that it's within their right to slander someone or an organization on HuntingBC and not be held accountable for it. I do not have the time, energy, or resources to be taken to court over a handful of people that decided to bend the truth, or can not back up their story.

I'm presently going through the document sent to me and if in fact these post were made and did in fact break forum rules, do not be surprised if bans get issued.

Marc.

Whonnock Boy
01-02-2015, 10:40 PM
Interesting..... Attacking the venue, instead of the person accused. Not much to be said for that tactic. Sorry to hear of your involvement Marc. I hope this does not cause you too much grief.

f350ps
01-02-2015, 10:44 PM
Looks like the heavy hand of the GOABC will go to any length, very telling really but not surprising! Good luck Marc! K

Sofa King
01-02-2015, 10:47 PM
what the??
what was it?
I haven't found my fishing thread, but I'm pretty sure there wasn't anything in there.
I'm guessing people bitching at certain government officials.
I've always said the site needs cleaned up due to the member-bashing and people-bashing in general.
it's all bullying behaviour.
let's see some heads roll....................hope mine's not in there.

if they broke forum rules, how/why did the mods not enforce it?
shitty that you have to deal with this, marc.

Whonnock Boy
01-02-2015, 10:55 PM
Furthermore, I would not doubt that the allegations are being raised to silence our more vocal RH advocates..... permanently via this conduit. :-?

Drillbit
01-02-2015, 10:56 PM
Smells fishy......

Wentrot
01-02-2015, 10:56 PM
Furthermore, I would not doubt that the allegations are being raised to silence our more vocal RH advocates..... permanently via this conduit. :-?

Bingo......

The Dawg
01-02-2015, 10:57 PM
I hope it's not because we are sticking up for ourselves and rallying the troops against the heavy hand of the Liberal government and the GOABC.

At least if it is, the donations the goabc supplied are gonna be spent our way

Steeleco
01-02-2015, 11:00 PM
what the??
what was it?
I haven't found my fishing thread, but I'm pretty sure there wasn't anything in there.
I'm guessing people bitching at certain government officials.
I've always said the site needs cleaned up due to the member-bashing and people-bashing in general.
it's all bullying behaviour.
let's see some heads roll....................hope mine's not in there.

if they broke forum rules, how/why did the mods not enforce it?
shitty that you have to deal with this, marc.

Ironic, when we do enforce the rules, the bitching is louder than anything. Then there's the members that don't like this or that rule and bitch about that. Where would you have us start? And with who?

Paulyman
01-02-2015, 11:03 PM
If this is the work of the goabc or ministers they should know they're only adding fuel to the fire.

Sofa King
01-02-2015, 11:09 PM
Ironic, when we do enforce the rules, the bitching is louder than anything. Then there's the members that don't like this or that rule and bitch about that. Where would you have us start? And with who?

I'm just saying, marc said he's going to read it over and see if the things were actually said on here and see if they broke forum rules.
if the rules were broke, why was that ignored in the first place?

Sofa King
01-02-2015, 11:11 PM
I wasn't even thinking this was goabc-related.
makes the most sense I suppose.

Jagermeister
01-02-2015, 11:14 PM
Perhaps we should have a crash course in the difference between Libel and Slander.

http://www.lawteacher.net/tort-law/essays/what-is-the-difference-between-law-essays.php

It would be helpful if the specifics could be divulged so that we could have a better understanding of what is exactly transpiring and to clear the vague innuendo.

If this is GOABC initiated, we should understand that the guides pockets are deep and and their resources extend beyond our borders.

USE FACEBOOK. Let them sue Zuckerburg.:lol:

325 wsm
01-02-2015, 11:17 PM
slander

oral defamation, in which someone tells one or more persons an untruth about another which untruth will harm the reputation of the person defamed.Slander is a civil wrong(tort)and can be the basisfor a lawsuit.
Why dont you just give Marc and the mods a break instead of turning this into another GOABC thread.

Whonnock Boy
01-02-2015, 11:18 PM
USE FACEBOOK.

If it is those who shall not be named, don't doubt for a second they are not watching FB for the same conduct. The way FB works, they could have that page shut down with as little as a whisper. I am actually concerned about it, and that would be a shame.

landphil
01-02-2015, 11:21 PM

You guys do a pretty damn good job of keeping things reasonable here on the forum, and I for one am grateful.

I sincerely hope this legal issue isn't a major headache for Marc and the site, hopefully any consequences will be borne by those who are responsible for the issue.

Steeleco
01-02-2015, 11:23 PM
I'm just saying, marc said he's going to read it over and see if the things were actually said on here and see if they broke forum rules.

We have lives too!! And after 4 or 5 pages of cat fighting, reading it over and over again gets old. There's a member option too you know. It's called "report a post" with 15000 + members the little triangle with exclamation inside it, rarely gets used!

Stone Sheep Steve
01-02-2015, 11:31 PM
The bullying tactics will never end.

Sofa King
01-02-2015, 11:33 PM
We have lives too!! And after 4 or 5 pages of cat fighting, reading it over and over again gets old. There's a member option too you know. It's called "report a post" with 15000 + members the little triangle with exclamation inside it, rarely gets used!

good point.
I don't know what was even said in most those threads as I just skipped over them.
it became ridiculous how 6/10 threads on the main page at any time were all the same topic.
I just figured the mods were in those threads commenting themselves, and would have been aware of most of it.
it will be a shame if some people crossed some lines and it affects this site.

The Dawg
01-02-2015, 11:42 PM
The bullying tactics will never end.

Ironic, considering its probably to do with the resident hunters being bullied by ...well...

HarryToolips
01-02-2015, 11:44 PM
hope this doesn't become a major burdon for you Marc..

Everett
01-02-2015, 11:50 PM
With 15,000 members on this site there has to be a couple lawyers who could step up and help Marc.

Vladimir Poutine
01-02-2015, 11:52 PM
Pretty obvious which threads have been removed.

Sofa King
01-03-2015, 12:10 AM
With 15,000 members on this site there has to be a couple lawyers who could step up and help Marc.

I think he's just been contacted by them....so far.
I don't think he's being sued.
sure hope not.

did you receive that clip yet?

01-03-2015, 12:14 AM
people are wearing their hearts on their sleeves for what they believe in ...... This is The best site there is Marc to see the many opinions out there.

Obviously the the recent news has hit the nerves of many people .

The Dawg
01-03-2015, 12:14 AM
Id like to see the letter sent personally...

Spy
01-03-2015, 12:16 AM
Pretty obvious which threads have been removed.
Which ones?

john.b
01-03-2015, 12:21 AM

I would also like to see this letter. It should give some insight into what can and cannot be said "according to their lawyers"

Paulyman
01-03-2015, 12:28 AM
Allocation facts and explanation and allocation is being negotiated behind your back if i understand correctly.

mikeman20
01-03-2015, 02:34 AM
The two threads with all of the info about GOABCs double dealing, colour me surprised!

Hunter of the Stone
01-03-2015, 04:10 AM
Took the smoke out of that topic. Thanks Marc. Excellent moderating.

Piperdown
01-03-2015, 06:55 AM
31 posts and finally the cat comes out of the bag! More fuel for the fire i think!!!!!

Wentrot
01-03-2015, 08:21 AM
What a joke-I can tell you the secret areas are bubbling about this. Gas has been poured on the fire

Stone Sheep Steve
01-03-2015, 08:34 AM
Just another slime ball tactic.
Sad, but it's no real surprise.

M.Dean
01-03-2015, 08:54 AM
"Night of the Long Knives"!!!

Wentrot
01-03-2015, 09:02 AM
Is there any harm in quoting the posts in question here Marc? Some further details on what has them crying would be nice.

dino
01-03-2015, 09:13 AM
if its the truth and can be proved , its not slander!

dino
01-03-2015, 09:28 AM
it would be a simple generic threatening letter to remove any slanderous comments , pretty standard nowadays. ;-)

Apolonius
01-03-2015, 09:48 AM
Truth to a lawyer is not the same thing, as it is for the rest of us.Not to be unexpected,that this people will try fear after all else fails.I just hope nothing happens to the site.Too bad Mark has to go through this.This people have more resources for the fight and one of them is spreading fear.But when i see people go this way ,all i can say ,they are rattled.And the only way to fight them fair and square is by being fair.Freedom of expression (without slander) still exists.Although a Lawyer will find slander even if you say "have a nice day".And next election put your vote where you think it will benefit the hunting community.And like the others i would like to say ,stay the course.They do.

Squirrelnuts
01-03-2015, 09:54 AM
Scumbags. (Allegedly)...

Ranger95
01-03-2015, 10:12 AM
Say what you like - the other side is smart (GOABC) as soon as they felt the pressure they reacted - and smartly!

Wouldn't it be nice if the 100.000 resident BC hunters, took a page out of their book, and got just as smart?

just saying!

Ride Red
01-03-2015, 10:13 AM
I'd love to see a copy of that letter too.

Ride Red
01-03-2015, 10:14 AM
Say what you like - the other side is smart (GOABC) as soon as they felt the pressure they reacted - and smartly!

would it be nice if the 100.000 resident hunters took a page out of their book, and got just as smart?

just saying!

No doubt about it Ranger.

Davey Crockett
01-03-2015, 10:14 AM
An interesting read:

http://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Strategic_lawsuit_against_public_participation

BULLNUTTS
01-03-2015, 10:15 AM
This kind of thing I'm finding makes me angry.Not so much that things were possibly said that may or may not have been stated 100% accurate- one just has to listen to a few fishin stories and the such to watch the fins and horns get bigger and the tails crookeder with each telling.More than any of that, is that our beloved site,treasured by untold viewers,can be threatened at the stroke of a disgruntled pen!Is there not a lawyer in our membership that can draft up a disclamer type note on behalf of our site, protecting it from all postings of all peoples of the world-regardless of content-as not the opinion or nessasarily the view of the site itself or the owners or staff?? Is there such a written word out there that could be wordsmithed to be put into service to rid this tyrany from our midst?At the very least something that would force the party[s] unhappy with someones postings to deal with the single poster and not the venue in which it was or was'nt conveyed.
P.S- Hang in there Mark and staff!!! You guys are Fantastic in the producing this most awesome of a site and the enjoyment it brings to so very very manny in uncountable!!
Good Huntin BULLNUTTS

Wentrot
01-03-2015, 10:16 AM

Wouldn't it be nice if the 100.000 resident BC hunters, took a page out of their book, and got just as smart?

just saying!

There is much more happening than what you see on the open forums. However you are correct, the vast amount is doing sweet f all.

Foxton Gundogs
01-03-2015, 10:18 AM
As a lawyer friend once told me "there are things a lawyer says (and threatens) to do and things a lawyer can actually do". IMO this is nothing more than saber rattling from a group or individual with enough money to try and make life a little difficult for their opponents. I also would like to see the letter and alleged posts. Liable is a very difficult thing to prove and even harder to get a judgement on(again coming from a very good lawyer). I would also like to review all the posts from the GOABC and it's members to see the other side of this so call liable claim. Again IMO it is just a case of money trying to bully the opposition into submission.

Ferenc
01-03-2015, 10:41 AM
Just as my huntin buddy said to me as we crossed the creek....sure got their attention !

Ride Red
01-03-2015, 10:41 AM
If this letter is from a GOABC lawyer, then this would be a great time to get The Province Or Sun newpaper involved, maybe Global TV.

Foxton Gundogs
01-03-2015, 10:56 AM
To clear up slander/liable here is the Canadian Bar Ass. definitions

http://www.cba.org/bc/public_media/rights/240.aspx

Everett
01-03-2015, 10:57 AM
If this letter is from a GOABC lawyer, then this would be a great time to get The Province Or Sun newpaper involved, maybe Global TV.

Ride Red you are right on the money

russm86
01-03-2015, 10:59 AM
How can they even attempt any action against the website? That's like trying to sue a pub or coffee house because some of its patrons said the wrong thing while they were inside... Ridiculous and personally I don't think they have a snowballs chance in hell...

Paulyman
01-03-2015, 11:04 AM
The threads that were deleted are

Allocation facts and explanation

allocation is being negotiated behind your back

warnniklz
01-03-2015, 11:06 AM
I actually read to Post #41... ... .. . . . . ... .. I must be back at work

180grainer
01-03-2015, 11:36 AM
Are we not entitled to see the letter and know what firm it comes from? They make allegations not just against the site but against certain members of the site. Those allegations should be posted so;

1) we know what behavior concerns them in order to ensure it doesn't happen again, (or not)
2) to know who our accusers are so counter action maybe taken, (or not)
3) to inform Government about the tactics being used to stifle debate if in fact it is GOABC
4) to ensure the BCWF is informed. They're the ones who represent us generally and have the funds to retaliate if deemed appropriate.

I wouldn't doubt this is more about intimidation and stifling debate than anything else. I don't know what was said but everyone should remember "it's not slander if it's true". If you're confident you can back up what you're saying, let it fly. This could back fire on them by forking money out to a lawyer who's going to make the debate wider in scope by bringing in public opinion. I wonder how much empathy they'll get from the general public when it's made clear this industry caters to American and European Millionaires who predominantly trophy hunt.

Wentrot
01-03-2015, 11:45 AM
Are we not entitled to see the letter and know what firm it comes from? They make allegations not just against the site but against certain members of the site. Those allegations should be posted so;

1) we know what behavior concerns them in order to ensure it doesn't happen again, (or not)
2) to know who our accusers are so counter action maybe taken, (or not)
3) to inform Government about the tactics being used to stifle debate if in fact it is GOABC
4) to ensure the BCWF is informed. They're the ones who represent us generally and have the funds to retaliate if deemed appropriate.

I wouldn't doubt this is more about intimidation and stifling debate than anything else. I don't know what was said but everyone should remember "it's not slander if it's true".

You make a good point, which makes me want to say that ban hammers should NOT be handed out unless it is proved that the statements were indeed not true. These are simply threats by a bully. Stand strong gentlemen.

tripleseven
01-03-2015, 12:02 PM

just saying!

Couldn't agree more. What GOABC did is what any corporate entity would do, if they felt they were being badmouthed in a visible public forum. GOABC represents their side like a well organized corporation, and BC Residents need an organization that acts just as aggressively. BCWF has done what they can, but if GOABC is going to pull stunts like this perhapps there should be discussion of a new organization acting with, but at arms length from BCWF.

tripleseven
01-03-2015, 12:13 PM

x2 "BC Guides muzzle resident hunter groups with threat of legal action"

01-03-2015, 12:13 PM
How can they even attempt any action against the website? That's like trying to sue a pub or coffee house because some of its patrons said the wrong thing while they were inside... Ridiculous and personally I don't think they have a snowballs chance in hell...

Would like to agree but...... http://www.freedominion.com.pa/phpBB2/index.php?sid=bd419dd25611bd77d28ee1c9eb4ed18b Canadians for the most part have become so thin skinned they will run to the law/govt to complain, who, in turn have produced laws now that in effect give the whiner the ability to sue successfully. Any one heard of SLAPP suits......coming to a form near you soon!!

Gateholio
01-03-2015, 12:17 PM
An interesting read:

http://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Strategic_lawsuit_against_public_participation

My personal opinion (not speaking as HBC spokesperson in this matter) is that this link is exactly accurate.

Ferenc
01-03-2015, 12:24 PM
More like a cease and desist order ?

Squire
01-03-2015, 12:52 PM
It appears many of you missed the message of the original post and probably more importantly the following point: Unsophisticated conspiracy theories and government bashing posts will do little to sway the opinions of the decision makers your way.

Is it that hard to understand that inflammatory posts simply handicap any efforts of the hunting community at large to be taken seriously? The legal action taken proves that the tone of these allocation threads serves only to attract the wrong kind of attention and detracts from the credible message that the result of the allocation policy process is unsatisfactory for the majority of stakeholders.

Let me remind you of the 'First Rule of Holes', "Find yourself in a hole, stop f***ing digging!"

180grainer
01-03-2015, 01:29 PM
It appears many of you missed the message of the original post and probably more importantly the following point: Unsophisticated conspiracy theories and government bashing posts will do little to sway the opinions of the decision makers your way.

Is it that hard to understand that inflammatory posts simply handicap any efforts of the hunting community at large to be taken seriously? The legal action taken proves that the tone of these allocation threads serves only to attract the wrong kind of attention and detracts from the credible message that the result of the allocation policy process is unsatisfactory for the majority of stakeholders.

Let me remind you of the 'First Rule of Holes', "Find yourself in a hole, stop f***ing digging!"

Agree with you generally but it's hard to know what was seen as inflammatory when whole threads are deleted. Obviously the entire content wasn't defamatory, so what was? And I thought the first rule of holes was "there is no wrong hole". Maybe I'm confusing that with the a Sailor's saying.

Salty
01-03-2015, 01:38 PM
A SLAPP eh? Guess one shouldn't be at all surprised very short sighted though and it will back fire. This is my opinion only and has no affiliation with how HBC or its owners or moderators may view this.

Hunter of the Stone
01-03-2015, 01:51 PM

Obviously. They want to continue right where the threads left off. Marc might need to take the reins and ban a few more. Can't rely on his other mods.

Wentrot
01-03-2015, 01:54 PM
Obviously. They want to continue right where the threads left off. Marc might need to take the reins and ban a few more. Can't rely on his other mods.

Get up off your knees.

Whonnock Boy
01-03-2015, 02:01 PM
So.... who's been banned?

coach
01-03-2015, 02:06 PM

Says the inventor of derogatory, offensive and defamatory posting..

Hunter of the Stone
01-03-2015, 02:06 PM
Get up off your knees.

No knee's required. It baffle's me on how persistent a few uninformed people are. First off no one has any proof on who reported the forum other than Marc and who ever he has started working with to fix the issue. By blaming the GOABC, you are just continuing with creating hardship for him, in the same manner as the deleted threads were. Grow up people and start doing some good instead of finger pointing and crying.

Steeleco
01-03-2015, 02:12 PM

Be careful for what you ask, we've been known to be overbearing and ban all kinds of good people for no good reason.
Not a bad post for a member that's been here a month and contributed so much!!

Spy
01-03-2015, 02:14 PM
No knee's required. It baffle's me on how persistent a few uninformed people are. First off no one has any proof on who reported the forum other than Marc and who ever he has started working with to fix the issue. By blaming the GOABC, you are just continuing with creating hardship for him, in the same manner as the deleted threads were. Grow up people and start doing some good instead of finger pointing and crying.
I think the first mistake they made was to let you back, I agree with Coach.

Whonnock Boy
01-03-2015, 02:16 PM
If Marc did not want us to know about this, and or discuss it, he would have made it a sticky. I would venture to guess the mods are on high alert looking for any wrong doing considering this development. No one has come out and said it was the GOABC. We are entitled to our theories. Now, if you really are having a hard time reading some posts on here, why don't you move along. Seriously, NOBODY is making you read this. NOBODY is making you comment. NOBODY, that is following the majority here, in my opinion, cares what you think. I believe I can speak for many. Go away......

forestwalker
01-03-2015, 02:18 PM
Couldn't agree more. What GOABC did is what any corporate entity would do, if they felt they were being badmouthed in a visible public forum. GOABC represents their side like a well organized corporation, and BC Residents need an organization that acts just as aggressively. BCWF has done what they can, but if GOABC is going to pull stunts like this perhapps there should be discussion of a new organization acting with, but at arms length from BCWF.

This exactly. More tactics being used to silence the resident hunter and cut off their access to information and means of distributing it. I love the BCWF and what it does for the people and wildlife of BC. but if they can't stand side by side in this battle, then we need someone who can. We need to organize some mass public meetings and discover more ways to get our message out, i understand there were a few people trying to organize such events, was curious on the status of them?
One thing I've thought of is the trades shows, the outdoors show, RV shows etc. Could we hypothetically, purchase a spot, send some reps and get the message across that way. Up to date our efforts seem to have fallen on deaf ears, just another avenue to try!
How far is the censorship going to go on our site here? Are we better off taking initiatives through private emails?
Hang in there Mark, you've got a stronger backing then anything they can muster!

The Dawg
01-03-2015, 02:22 PM
This is just a BS attempt to divide and conquer the resident hunter, and to scare us into backing down.

They cant stop us from writing, and emailing, so keep it up!

Do it respectfully and tactfully!

And dont think for a SECOND, we dont know you ran to them 442....

Sofa King
01-03-2015, 02:30 PM
This is just a BS attempt to divide and conquer the resident hunter, and to scare us into backing down.

They cant stop us from writing, and emailing, so keep it up!

Do it respectfully and tactfully!

And dont think for a SECOND, we dont know you ran to them 442....

and that's been the whole problem.
too many just get emotional over it and start talking shit.
action should be done respectfully and professionally.
pissing and moaning and using schoolyard behaviour will do more harm than good.
and public meetings/gatherings are pointless if they are just going to more of what was going on in these threads.

f350ps
01-03-2015, 02:43 PM
Wow, and this came from your mouth!! You never cease to amaze Willy! K

kayjayess
01-03-2015, 02:49 PM
This exactly. More tactics being used to silence the resident hunter and cut off their access to information and means of distributing it. I love the BCWF and what it does for the people and wildlife of BC. but if they can't stand side by side in this battle, then we need someone who can. We need to organize some mass public meetings and discover more ways to get our message out, i understand there were a few people trying to organize such events, was curious on the status of them?
One thing I've thought of is the trades shows, the outdoors show, RV shows etc. Could we hypothetically, purchase a spot, send some reps and get the message across that way. Up to date our efforts seem to have fallen on deaf ears, just another avenue to try!
How far is the censorship going to go on our site here? Are we better off taking initiatives through private emails?
Hang in there Mark, you've got a stronger backing then anything they can muster!

I have spoken at length with Kawdy and he is ready to/ IS acting. When you say status I am not sure what you mean. But, Kawdy and I are both resident hunters, members and supporters of the BCWF. We both believe the BCWF is doing a great job, however is some what limited by their status as a charitable entity.

Both Kawdy and I are pledging our time and money to this cause as we belive strongly in the future of readier hunting in our great province. So we have asked before and we are asking again for your support whether financial, time based or just in spirit. We are working on various avenues to pick up where the BCWF leaves off.

So Kawdy has taken a leadership role in this. Anyone interested can PM me directly or Kawdy. Through our occupation we have time to devote to this. Kawdy is a personal friend of mine and has strong organizational and managerial skills and will steward us where we need to go. And he is putting his money where his mouth is.

Lastly what we are trying to achieve is preserve our hunting rights for residents. We fully support the BCWF and want to go to the areas where they are unwilling or unable to go in this fight.

01-03-2015, 02:54 PM
As said Boys ..... I commend you and your on your efforts.

This is ALL about doing what is right for BC, Its Wildlife and its Residents, be it Hunters or Non hunters.

Keep me posted Kyle, Like you guys, I too am a HUGE supporter of the BCWF ....... they do speak for thousands of Residents !

Good work Fellas

CT

Gateholio
01-03-2015, 03:10 PM

Willy, we will Probably start with you. After all, you've been banned before. I thought you might be a useful contributor so allowed you back, but you have regressed into your regular self, including making false allegations about some of our members cheating the PTA system.

You were indeed useful at one point, to get people motivated to get involved. You no longer serve a purpose and are only inflaming things.

Bans for false allegations seem to be in the spirit of this thread, anyway.

I think you will just make matters worse, so best to nip it in the bud and return you to banned status.

Stone Sheep Steve
01-03-2015, 03:20 PM
Says the inventor of derogatory, offensive and defamatory posting..

That's BULLSHIT!!:lol:

Ltbullken
01-03-2015, 03:26 PM

Maybe cuz one person doesn't have the time nor energy to vet every single post on every single thread? ... you volunteering?

Ltbullken
01-03-2015, 03:30 PM
All I can say is that this is Marc's website and if he needs to undertake actions to protect it on our behalf, I wholeheartedly support him. Let him do his job.

Piperdown
01-03-2015, 04:00 PM
Hats off to you Gates, you have earned a great deal of respect from myself and others.

PDown

Apolonius
01-03-2015, 04:19 PM
I just hope FEAR does not win.But like someone else said about Goabc ,they are a business .For whatever reason they got what they wanted.How they achieved that ???,by donations or lobbying or both.Thats not illegal .What the government of BC did ,real or conspiracy theory is not in our best interest,although they suppose to represent us all.BCWF did their best.There are restrictions about what they can do and not do.If we wish to turn them to something more active so be it.I don't really know much about charities and the rest.Maybe a Hunters Union???The Liberals did not do us any favours.Your only way to fight them is in the ballot box.Stop believing politics,left or right……just think……"what the Liberals have done for me lately"?????The enemy of my enemy is my friend….and believe me the Liberals have enemies.We lost a battle ,but we can still win the war.We might have to sacrifice some things.We can't just run like cowards at first sight of trouble.Stay united,stay strong.

Sofa King
01-03-2015, 04:30 PM
Maybe cuz one person doesn't have the time nor energy to vet every single post on every single thread? ... you volunteering?

one person?
pretty sure there's a few mods.
and, it's kinda the role they took on when they wanted to become a mod.
I know it's a hard job, but someone shouldn't take it on if they don't have the time and dedication that goes with it.

me volunteering?
haha, like they'd make me one.
but I wouldn't take that on, because of the dedication it requires.
it's best suited for an invalid who's bed-ridden and can't do anything else.
but, that's not usually an option, and is why several regular joes are needed for the job.

f350ps
01-03-2015, 04:34 PM
^^^^WOW, yer a beauty!!!! K

Ambush
01-03-2015, 04:34 PM
It is very obviously a scare tactic to silence the outspoken and dissuade the majority of hunters from joining in.

It is a tactic employed by bullies when they see the tide turning against them and they have no legitimate answers.

It is a signal that we most apply more pressure now.

They have once again proven beyond a doubt that they have no intention of "working together" for the betterment of wildlife.

GOABC can bite me. Their lawyer can bite me. They have no bases for a lawsuit and they know it. And the government has zero appetite for a public fight over it either. It would just be a huge, public embarrassment.

GOABC can contact me via PM and I will provide the information they require to name me in a lawsuit arising from anything I'v posted on HBC or elsewhere. Expect the reply to be from my lawyer.

To the GOABC: Your self serving greed and unscrupulous actions have caused you these problems. Don't blame the victims for advocating for justice.

Whonnock Boy
01-03-2015, 04:37 PM
I concur. Can someone please remove him. Pretty please..... Nothing to add, yet lots of to say. Criticism is his forte, and adds no value to this forum.

^^^^WOW, yer a beauty!!!! K

Ranger95
01-03-2015, 04:49 PM
Be careful for what you ask, we've been known to be overbearing and ban all kinds of good people for no good reason.

Here we go steelie......I believe this is the message that you are trying to convey.....

http://i1290.photobucket.com/albums/b535/privateaffair/c548a2776bae5f1b8dcf4654da8e14e9_zpsb901d805.jpg

The Dawg
01-03-2015, 04:59 PM
It is very obviously a scare tactic to silence the outspoken and dissuade the majority of hunters from joining in.

It is a tactic employed by bullies when they see the tide turning against them and they have no legitimate answers.

It is a signal that we most apply more pressure now.

They have once again proven beyond a doubt that they have no intention of "working together" for the betterment of wildlife.

GOABC can bite me. Their lawyer can bite me. They have no bases for a lawsuit and they know it. And the government has zero appetite for a public fight over it either. It would just be a huge, public embarrassment.

GOABC can contact me via PM and I will provide the information they require to name me in a lawsuit arising from anything I'v posted on HBC or elsewhere. Expect the reply to be from my lawyer.

To the GOABC: Your self serving greed and unscrupulous actions have caused you these problems. Don't blame the victims for advocating for justice.

http://www.maniacworld.com/internet-high-five.jpg

Gateholio
01-03-2015, 05:42 PM
I concur. Can someone please remove him. Pretty please..... Nothing to add, yet lots of to say. Criticism is his forte, and adds no value to this forum.

I can't believe anyone actually takes the time to read his posts, to be honest. I know I don't. :)

Whonnock Boy
01-03-2015, 05:50 PM
It's kinda like a train wreck. I just can't look away knowing, quite possibly, the most absurd comment from modern times internet, may be posted. I will take your comment as a piece of advice, and use the rarely used ignore function. ;)

I can't believe anyone actually takes the time to read his posts, to be honest. I know I don't. :)

f350ps
01-03-2015, 06:13 PM
It's kinda like a train wreck. I just can't look away knowing, quite possibly, the most absurd comment from modern times internet, may be posted. I will take your comment as a piece of advice, and use the rarely used ignore function. ;)
Ditto, he joins the departed Jelvis! K

Sleep Robber
01-03-2015, 06:15 PM

I see that avatar of his and scroll right on by, same with his friend.

Steeleco
01-03-2015, 06:26 PM
one person?

me volunteering?
but, that's not usually an option, and is why several regular joes are needed for the job.

Ain't that always the way, complain about how things are run, but tuck tail when challenged to do the same. :roll::mrgreen::roll: Damn it feels like a union meeting LOL

Thanks Ranger, that's the funniest thing I've seen in a few days.

Rob Chipman
01-03-2015, 06:53 PM
Mods

Do whatever you need/want to do. You've provided so much service already that your karma account is full. Barking lawyer letters are a PITA.

Anyone who who still thinks the two sides in the allocation dispute are natural allies now have a pretty good signal about how the other side feels :-)

albravo2
01-03-2015, 07:13 PM
I haven't read all 10 pages of this thread, but in the five I've read nobody has commented on the fact that libel and slander are illegal for a reason.

From the allocation issue to the teacher's strike to the LEH and beyond I've read countless comments that were factually incorrect. Some are intentional obfuscations, others are people simply repeating what they heard or read somewhere else. I quit reading the allocation stuff weeks ago because it was some good facts surrounded by hyperbole and paranoia, much of which people would never have posted under their own signature.

I've always shrugged my shoulders and attributed it to the stupidity and anonymity of the internet, but if those comments had been about me or my business you can bet I would be pursuing every legal recourse available to me to set the record straight.

People that quote facts and state strong opinions have nothing to fear from the legal process. Lie, or present your opinions as fact, and you may have a different outcome.

emerson
01-03-2015, 07:33 PM
This allocation debate has galvanized myself and many other resident hunters I know who rarely have any interest in government or politics. I think resident hunters and "first nations" groups share many goals in the particular instance.

Brett
01-03-2015, 07:40 PM
an interesting read:

http://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/strategic_lawsuit_against_public_participation

bingo!..........

pete_k
01-03-2015, 09:10 PM
This allocation debate has galvanized myself and many other resident hunters I know who rarely have any interest in government or politics. I think resident hunters and "first nations" groups share many goals in the particular instance.

Completely agree! Never really took notice till now and have sent out my fair share of letters. (and will continue)
I look forward to another meeting. Get an update. Raise more money. Hope to see FN well represented at the next meet.

Ride Red
01-04-2015, 08:21 AM
it is not uncommon for a few people who have had "power" gone to their heads,( ie SLAPP) to attempt and silence the silent majority. As history has proved, when the silent majority gets angry over the continued abuse and bullying, .... it never works out well for the few in "power"

And that is why we never take our foot off the gas when we're fighting for something. Keep the fight loud and strong(civil) or kiss your freedoms goodbye!!! United we stand, divided we fall.

nature girl
01-04-2015, 10:53 AM
Thanks Marc for keeping HBC up and running. I hope this will not be to much of a problem for you. When you started hbc I am sure all you wanted is to have a friendly hunting site for people to share there stories or to post pictures or to learn a few things.

bearvalley
01-04-2015, 02:10 PM
it is unfortunate that this site has got caught in this dilemma. Marc and the mods do a great job, unfortunate that some unknown entity has taken it to this level. Looks like who/what ever that is may have to move to the international forums if they wish to silence the residents of BC. What is even more unfortunate is those who enjoy the outdoors in BC for commercial purposes are being lumped in as one entire group. Hopefully that changes.

Jim, I agree 100% that it is unfortunate the HBC site was caught in this mess. Most of the posts on the allocation issue were an attempt to present the facts from both sides of the fence. As you and I discussed some of the radical postings were damaging to both sides, helping no one other than possibly the antis and creating a rift that will be a long time healing. I'm saying that looking from both sides of this mess, you've seen my numbers. Was Thomsons "handout" a windfall. For many outfitters there was no gain. For some it was a step back from 2007. For the ones that did gain on paper, what is the win? Non existent wildlife? Hard to base a business on that, or a fight.
The sad part about turning something like this issue into a public foray is the total mis perception of the facts. The average resident through all this still does not understand allocation or where the splits are applied. The average resident is basing his beliefs on he said/she said theories. Some members of this site tried to portray the big picture even if it was done bluntly. Some tended to walk a very narrow path of serving their team. Some just spit out garbage. Some bans have been handed out on this site, as I'm sure more will be. I find it ironic that some posters are still around.
Anyhow the sooner this is worked out and we start moving forward is when we all start to win. The way it's going right now the old days in Spatsizi with GreenPeace is starting to look like a walk in Stanley Park.
Also I had no part and want nothing to do with dragging lawyers into this debate, if others feel to do so that is their choice. In their shoes I may have made the same choice.

Whonnock Boy
01-04-2015, 02:30 PM
I'm saying that looking from both sides of this mess, you've seen my numbers. Was Thomsons "handout" a windfall. For many outfitters there was no gain. For some it was a step back from 2007. For the ones that did gain on paper, what is the win?

I'm thinking there is one main point you and GOABC are missing. I believe the RH here has a good understanding of what the agreed upon policy of 2007 was all about. Not only have we realized we were getting the short end on that deal, the GO's were coming for more and got it. The Kraken has been awoken, and the GOABC is on the ship with no land in sight. Remember, we did not wake him, you did.

Spy
01-04-2015, 02:37 PM
Also I had no part and want nothing to do with dragging lawyers into this debate, if others feel to do so that is their choice. In their shoes I may have made the same choice.
On one hand you say you have no part & want no part & on the other you say you would have done the same!
Confusing ??? Do you know who dragged the Lawyers in?

bearvalley
01-04-2015, 02:45 PM
On one hand you say you have no part & want no part & on the other you say you would have done the same!
Confusing ??? Do you know who dragged the Lawyers in?

Not my style Spy. If I'm going to call a man a piece of shit I will do it to his face. Not from behind a computer screen. I don't know who drug in the lawyers and don't care. Do you understand that?

Stone Sheep Steve
01-04-2015, 02:47 PM
This just solidifies the division. I don't think any amount of time will heal the wounds.

bearvalley
01-04-2015, 02:51 PM
This just solidifies the division. I don't think any amount of time will heal the wounds.
And your point is?

Stone Sheep Steve
01-04-2015, 03:15 PM
And your point is?

IMO-The GOABC's tactics have backfired. It will be their death sentence if they don't seek new leaders and a new direction for the organization.

bearvalley
01-04-2015, 03:20 PM
IMO-The GOABC's tactics have backfired. It will be their death sentence if they don't seek new leaders and a new direction for the organization.

Have I disagreed?
Lets see who blew the whistle before we jump to conclusions.

Steeleco
01-04-2015, 03:28 PM
Have I disagreed?
Lets see who blew the whistle before we jump to conclusions.

As I said yesterday, who blew the whistle at this point is only an ASSUMPTION. Marc hasn't nor needs to share his info even with us mods. Also as I said, the politicians have been taking a beating too. As with many contentious First nations issues, I fault the government for making the rift wider, I believe that to be true in this case too.

Edzzed
01-04-2015, 03:34 PM
For every lawyer that sends out a cease and desist lawyer there will be two other lawyers that say ignore it, It has no merit. And then there will be 4 more lawyers who will argue it does have merit and then there will be 8 more saying ignore it and so on. That's how lawyers work. They can stay in business that way. Even the supreme court is divided on laws which is why one judge will write the decision for the majority and another will write a dissenting opinion. For the life of me I can't see how a lawyer can charge what they do per hour. I don't see them as being worth it. Suppose you get caught breaking the law, You can go out and hire a lawyer to defend yourself and one of the first things they will say is I cannot guarantee I will beat the charge. Makes me wonder what good they are then..... Except maybe they are good at licking stamps.

Gun Dog
01-04-2015, 03:47 PM
ditto. A letter from a lawyer isn't worth the paper it's printed on but it scares a lot of people. You shouldn't ignore it but it's easy to write a letter that says nothing and promises less.

ruger#1
01-04-2015, 03:55 PM
X2. Its all whinning.

Ride Red
01-04-2015, 04:05 PM
As I said yesterday, who blew the whistle at this point is only an ASSUMPTION. Marc hasn't nor needs to share his info even with us mods. Also as I said, the politicians have been taking a beating too. As with many contentious First nations issues, I fault the government for making the rift wider, I believe that to be true in this case too.

I agree with you 100%.

Caribou_lou
01-04-2015, 04:07 PM
Isnt that what government does?

The Dawg
01-04-2015, 04:48 PM
Oh there's confirmation of who sent the letter now

Wentrot
01-04-2015, 04:52 PM
Oh there's confirmation of who sent the letter now

Details mang

Spy
01-04-2015, 04:56 PM
So I was one of "those" that apparently slandered or made a "false statement about the GOABC! I recieved a PM from Marc, that I might be banned & my name and mailing address might be handed over to the Lawyer ! If this is going to go down like this,then I would like the opportunity to view my comments & what I'm accused of. I will not be taking this lying down & this threat from the GOABC , will not muzzle me either!This might be one of my last posts but I will never give up fighting for Resident Hunters, I will fight Harder !Thanks Marc for HBC I have enjoyed all my time here!If anyone wants to stay intouch or keep me updated PM me & I will give you my emailing add. Thanks
Spy ;-)

The Dawg
01-04-2015, 04:56 PM
Message me spy. I'm one too

Whonnock Boy
01-04-2015, 05:00 PM
Get over to the fb page spy, if you are not already there.

01-04-2015, 05:01 PM
I would just like to point out the obvious, that these threads are being monitored. So everyone should keep that in mind before posting. My mentor taught me a good lesson once: If you write something in a fit of anger, then put it aside before you send it off. Take a look at it the next morning and you will likely at the very least edit it before it leaves your control.

Spy
01-04-2015, 05:01 PM
Get over to the fb page spy, if you are not already there.
Link please

Edzzed
01-04-2015, 05:02 PM
So I was one of "those" that apparently slandered or made a "false statement about the GOABC! I recieved a PM from Marc, that I might be banned & my name and mailing address might be handed over to the Lawyer ! If this is going to go down like this,then I would like the opportunity to view my comments & what I'm accused of. I will not be taking this lying down & this threat from the GOABC , will not muzzle me either!This might be one of my last posts but I will never give up fighting for Resident Hunters, I will fight Harder !Thanks Marc for HBC I have enjoyed all my time here!If anyone wants to stay intouch or keep me updated PM me & I will give you my emailing add. Thanks
Spy ;-) HBC should be telling any lawyer that no info will be handed over without a court order. And while any site can ban a user, They can only ban the user name. They cannot ban the person from choosing a new user name. The only reason I know that is my son got banned on some gaming web site so I went in and changed a few settings on his computer to over ride the ban. He had to pick a new user name though.

Wentrot
01-04-2015, 05:07 PM
Conveniently the guys who are most vocal and getting shit done. Stand strong, I really hope you guys don't get banned for speaking up. Even if ya do, there are plenty of other places you are welcome. We need guys like you in this fight so if you get banned I am outa here.

Whonnock Boy
01-04-2015, 05:15 PM
Link please
https://www.facebook.com/groups/2311768841/

Salty
01-04-2015, 05:18 PM
I'm named too. Got the same pm from Marc for others he is looking in to legal requirements around their request.

Whonnock Boy
01-04-2015, 05:18 PM
We need guys like you in this fight so if you get banned I am outa here.

Financially it may be in Marc's best interest to succumb to the pressure, unless of course the user base wants to pony up, and support Marc and the cause.. It would serve no purpose leaving a site that does nothing but inform all of us about issues at hand,

Wentrot
01-04-2015, 05:23 PM
Financially it may be in Marc's best interest to succumb to the pressure, unless of course the user base wants to pony up, and support Marc and the cause.. It would serve no purpose leaving a site that does nothing but inform all of us about issues at hand,

There needs to be more than a threatening letter for anything else to come of it. Its a scare tactic. Show me proof that those FACTS posted were false.

Salty
01-04-2015, 05:24 PM
If some of us have to go so be it don't any of you guys leave here because of it that's just playing in to their hand. Its probably pretty complicated now that they've played the L card. I support Marc in what ever he has to do to best serve the site's future however it turns out, we'll see.

Wentrot
01-04-2015, 05:24 PM
Regardless, I respect what he (Marc) decides to do. Just my opinion on the matter and I'll leave it at that.

Salty
01-04-2015, 05:31 PM
Obviously lots of things have to be looked in to we'll learn more with time.

Spy
01-04-2015, 05:32 PM
If some of us have to go so be it don't any of you guys leave here because of it that's just playing in to their hand. Its probably pretty complicated now that they've played the L card. I support Marc in what ever he has to do to best serve the site's future however it turns out, we'll see.

X2 I will rather leave then make Marcs life harder, this is not Marcs fault or any HBCers! This is the GOABC trying to bully & muzzle us! Last time I checked we were in Canada & free speech is allowed as is ones own opinion!

Whonnock Boy
01-04-2015, 05:32 PM
I understand where you are coming from. Until we see the comments that have proved troublesome, we can only speculate as to what has to be defended.

There needs to be more than a threatening letter for anything else to come of it. Its a scare tactic. Show me proof that those FACTS posted were false.

ACE
01-04-2015, 05:40 PM
A smart card player doesn't telegraph his hand ....
Same thing on this or any other website.
Make the 'moves' that will count ... and score, on a private basis. Not on a public format.

I thank the owner of this website, and its moderators for their time and effort here.

01-04-2015, 05:41 PM
I posted this in a different thread but I think it is an important read on free speech and defamation, so I will post it again:
WIC Radio Ltd. v. Simpson, [2008] 2 SCR 420
http://canlii.ca/t/1z46d

[1] Binnie J. — This appeal requires the Court to reexamine the defence of fair comment which helps hold the balance in the law of defamation between two fundamental values, namely the respect for individuals and protection of their reputation from unjustified harm on the one hand, and on the other hand, the freedom of expression and debate that is said to be the “very life blood of our freedom and free institutions”: Price v. Chicoutimi Pulp Co. (1915), 1915 CanLII 66 (SCC) (http://www.canlii.org/en/ca/scc/doc/1915/1915canlii66/1915canlii66.html), 51 S.C.R. 179, at p. 194. Under the present law, if a plaintiff shows the defendant published something harmful to his or her reputation, then both falsity and damage are presumed, and the onus shifts to the defendants to establish an applicable defence, including the defence of fair comment. In Cherneskey v. Armadale Publishers Ltd., 1978 CanLII 20 (SCC) (http://www.canlii.org/en/ca/scc/doc/1978/1978canlii20/1978canlii20.html), [1979] 1 S.C.R. 1067, Dickson J., in dissent, identified the elements of the “fair comment” defence as follows:

(a) the comment must be on a matter of public interest;

(b) the comment must be based on fact; (c) the comment, though it can include inferences of fact, must be recognisable as comment;

(d) the comment must satisfy the following objective test: could any man honestly express that opinion on the proved facts?

(e) even though the comment satisfies the objective test the defence can be defeated if the plaintiff proves that the defendant was actuated by express malice. [Emphasis in original deleted; pp. 1099-1100.]

...and the rest is important...

Salty
01-04-2015, 06:03 PM
Should we get jackets made up or ball caps? LOL

Whonnock Boy
01-04-2015, 06:18 PM
I will also be filing a similar type of "lawsuit" against some from the other party.

Isn't that the way. Fight fire, with fire. Too bad it has come to this. :|

Cyrus
01-04-2015, 06:27 PM
something to remember when your thinking about buying guided hunt. i will never support a guide. Obvious a goabc member of this site took exception to resident hunters fighting for their hunting rights. You sir should be ashamed of yourself...sad just sad...

Spy
01-04-2015, 06:27 PM
I too was one of the named people, Marc should not have to bear any cost for this, be it financially or people leaving the site. If I have to be banned, so be it , rest assured I will get my message out in a myriad of other ways. I will also be filing a similar type of "lawsuit" against some from the other party.
X5 that I know of

Gateholio
01-04-2015, 06:32 PM
It would be nice if a lawyer offered to look at the letter, and give Marc his opinion on how much merit it has.

Vladimir Poutine
01-04-2015, 06:32 PM
X2 I will rather leave then make Marcs life harder, this is not Marcs fault or any HBCers! This is the GOABC trying to bully & muzzle us! Last time I checked we were in Canada & free speech is allowed as is ones own opinion!

Not any more. There are all kinds of examples where people are voicing opinions re the activities of businesses and Corporations. Those operations are using the courts to muzzle those that disagree with their activities in the name of "protecting the brand". They do it not because they have a case, they do it because they have deep pockets. For the regular Joe to survive the litigation game is almost impossible.

Paulyman
01-04-2015, 06:38 PM
I was also named in the letter,

I never said anything ever slanderous, if it makes your life easier Marc please ban me.

This feels a lot like a bully tactic, it won't work.

The Dawg
01-04-2015, 06:39 PM
I was also named in the letter,

I never said anything ever slanderous, if it makes your life easier Marc please ban me.

This feels a lot like a bully tactic, it won't work.

It seems to be the ones that are speaking the loudest for the RH that got it...

Paulyman
01-04-2015, 06:42 PM
I hope this doesn't mean I'm going to get a divorce too, sniff sniff.

Spy
01-04-2015, 07:04 PM
If this ever goes to court, I am sure we can set up a legal fund which will be well supported, by resident hunters. ;-)

sobirch
01-04-2015, 07:12 PM
If this ever goes to court, I am sure we can set up a legal fund which will be well supported, by resident hunters. ;-)

you can count me in.

Whonnock Boy
01-04-2015, 07:13 PM
Yup, me too!

you can count me in.

moosinaround
01-04-2015, 07:16 PM
Should we get jackets made up or ball caps? LOL
Something with stripes, or bright orange?;)

01-04-2015, 07:16 PM
Wow, some can't see the forest for the trees, if every resident hunter read the entire policy WE WOULD all See how bad many of the decisions are regarding the policy. Very bad decisions regarding Sheep, G Bear, etc etc.

Our passions are are worn on our sleeves, we're just showing we won't be walked on .

AGREED, Marc ...... HBC OWNER should bare no blame because of others.

This is by far the BEST PUBLIC FORUM FOR BC HUNTERS BAR NONE. IT SHOWS WHAT DISAPPROVAL IS evident with the Governments decisions.

stay strong every one, stay together.

Wentrot
01-04-2015, 07:17 PM

Darn tootin

Wentrot
01-04-2015, 07:26 PM
This would be a great time to go to the media as well about this new attack.

Iltasyuko
01-04-2015, 07:32 PM

Where is the LIKE button!!

Ride Red
01-04-2015, 07:50 PM

Count me in too!!! United we stand, divided we fall.

Piperdown
01-04-2015, 09:00 PM
Scare tactics, a lawyer will look at the document no charge to see if there is a case or not and make some recommendations. Had a big company in the states come after me with some bullsh*t chapter 11 filing. Took it to my lawyer he read it quickly said they are on a witch hunt and to forget about it. Nothing ever came of it, just other lawyers billing time! So Marc should go see his lawyer for a free consultation.

Salty
01-04-2015, 09:15 PM
On the subject of support for potential legal issues the first place we should be looking IMO is to HBC (Marc) if there are any costs incurred. Not saying that's likely needed or not just something to keep in mind as a what if down the road.

Everett
01-04-2015, 09:15 PM
It would be nice if a lawyer offered to look at the letter, and give Marc his opinion on how much merit it has.

Pretty easy for Marc to take the letter to a lawyer for an opinion probably wouldn't cost much either. If he is that tight for cash I am sure members would pony up some cash to help.

Marc
01-04-2015, 09:23 PM
Guys,

The reason I sent the PM to the users identified was because I didn't want to put it in the public forum. IMO it didn't need to be there.

I have sent the info to one lawyer and shortly a second lawyer will be looking things over as well. At this point no one has been banned, I just removed the threads from public view until I hear back from the lawyers.

No charges have incurred at this point so I'm not out of pocket so far.

Salty
01-04-2015, 09:25 PM
Thanks for the update Marc best of luck with it all. ..

Spy
01-04-2015, 09:37 PM
Ooops Sorry Marc & thank you.

chilcotin hillbilly
01-04-2015, 09:37 PM
Keep us informed Marc, I enjoy this site and would like to keep it around.

Paulyman
01-04-2015, 09:44 PM
How many members were there in total?

Salty
01-04-2015, 09:47 PM
How many members were there in total?

In the pm there's the list of recipients up top looks to be a dozen.

bearvalley
01-04-2015, 09:48 PM
Marc, I hope this blows over. Whether we agree or disagree you've got a great site.

kayjayess
01-04-2015, 09:48 PM
If you need money for legal fees please keep the membership apprised. I have no doubt we can put something together to make sure that guys don't get unnecessarily banned. This is a great forum for public opinion and to lose it would be a shame.

Thanks for for fighting the good fight Marc.

Ride Red
01-04-2015, 09:51 PM
Thanks for the update Marc.

Mishka
01-04-2015, 10:05 PM
If you need money for legal fees please keep the membership apprised. I have no doubt we can put something together to make sure that guys don't get unnecessarily banned. This is a great forum for public opinion and to lose it would be a shame.

Thanks for for fighting the good fight Marc.

x2. I'm willing to help out wherever I can. Thanks Marc.

kawdy
01-04-2015, 11:10 PM
X3, If required I will financially contribute as well and lobby others to do the same.

jeff341
01-04-2015, 11:21 PM
I'm good to help out too. Really appreciate this site and all I have had a chance to learn so far.

RE1960
01-04-2015, 11:26 PM
Although I haven't posted many times on this forum I enjoy reading the posts and have found it to be very informative I would diffenitly contribute financially towards any fund needed.

Seeker
01-04-2015, 11:27 PM
x4, i will do anything i can

tripleseven
01-04-2015, 11:41 PM
I'd like to help, should you need some $ for a lawyer. Everybody hates lawyers until you need them. Having come out the other side of a massive frivolous lawsuit on the top end, I know all too well what legal bullying entails. I hate bullies.

GoatGuy
01-04-2015, 11:46 PM
I'm sure there are plenty of people willing to pitch in for legal fees, both on and off this site if they are required.

This is a great venue.

bigwhiteys
01-05-2015, 10:57 AM
This site and all of it's content is hosted in the USA. Surely that would bring about complications with where to file etc...? It's not a Canadian site.

bigwhiteys
01-05-2015, 01:15 PM
Kind of adds to the SLAPP theory doesn't it??

I don't know who or what was mentioned in the letter or what they allegedly said so can't comment on that. I just know that having the content/site hosted in another jurisdiction could cause issues when going after the site.

whitetailsheds
01-05-2015, 02:47 PM
I wonder how much empathy they'll get from the general public when it's made clear this industry caters to American and European Millionaires who predominantly trophy hunt.

That's where I see alot of this going 180grainer.......I feel GO's and politicians alike are shooting themselves in the foot. The court of public opinion towards trophy hunting overall is not good.
I will also go as far as saying I can understand GO's wanting "more", who doesn't? It's a business, right? But bringing all this to the surface will only hurt them in the end.
I see political decisions such as this (and it's makers) also going by the wayside (votes).
Carry on.......I've sent my letters to the powers that be.....they know full well if they are not re-elected, hopefully I had some part in it!

hunter1947
01-05-2015, 02:57 PM
If you need support Marc I'm here for you send me a private message..H-47

Ltbullken
01-05-2015, 03:08 PM
one person?
pretty sure there's a few mods.
and, it's kinda the role they took on when they wanted to become a mod.
I know it's a hard job, but someone shouldn't take it on if they don't have the time and dedication that goes with it.

me volunteering?

...at least you have the right avatar...

The Dawg
01-05-2015, 03:14 PM
Now more than EVER, we need the support with the petitions and writing the MLAs.

Do NOT let them do this to us!

This is another important petition we need your help with.

This one goes right to the Minister and MLAs involved when you sign it.

The media also has this one.

Please help us!

https://www.change.org/p/christy-clark-don-t-take-away-resident-hunters-rights

MB_Boy
01-05-2015, 03:57 PM
Signed. Great work Noahdawg!!

killman
01-05-2015, 04:11 PM
Steve the monies they are asking for on the petition goes yo our cause? Or not?

Whonnock Boy
01-05-2015, 04:44 PM
I'm thinking that is the website asking for money to advertise the petition. Nothing to do with the cause.

Steve the monies they are asking for on the petition goes yo our cause? Or not?

The Dawg
01-05-2015, 05:02 PM
I'm thinking that is the website asking for money to advertise the petition. Nothing to do with the cause.

Correct.....

Iltasyuko
01-05-2015, 05:03 PM
Signed.

srupp
01-05-2015, 06:26 PM
Hmmm Marc im there if you need it...
Cheers
Steven

nap
01-05-2015, 08:27 PM
PM sent Marc

Thanks

Marc

r106
01-05-2015, 08:44 PM
Now more than EVER, we need the support with the petitions and writing the MLAs.

Do NOT let them do this to us!

This is another important petition we need your help with.

This one goes right to the Minister and MLAs involved when you sign it.

The media also has this one.

Please help us!

Signed.....

Marc
01-05-2015, 09:16 PM
Those that I sent the PM too, I just want to ease your concerns. I do not hold the information that they are asking for. I do not have your full names or mailing addresses so rest assured that this isn't an option or going to happen.

Marc.

pete_k
01-05-2015, 09:21 PM
So who is the accuser?

Stone Sheep Steve
01-06-2015, 06:10 AM
There are always two paths to take in life.....one is the high road...the other is the low road. Make your choice carefully as it will decide where you end up in life.

SSS

Salty
01-06-2015, 09:47 AM
The fact that HBC or any internet forum does not have members personal information is the first thing that came to mind when I got the pm from Marc guess they didn't think that one through. The second thing was if they sincerely had a problem with my posts and wanted my information why didn't they just send me a pm? A couple of them were posting here until recently but now I guess they speak from the other side of their lawyers' desk.

Spy
01-06-2015, 10:02 AM
The fact that HBC or any internet forum does not have members personal information is the first thing that came to mind when I got the pm from Marc guess they didn't think that one through. The second thing was if they sincerely had a problem with my posts and wanted my information why didn't they just send me a pm? A couple of them were posting here until recently but now I guess they speak from the other side of their lawyers' desk.
Jup IMHO (LOL) They have told their members to not say another word on public forums. As for the Libs they are all sticking to the same generic letter. Brace yourselves they have formed a strategy & im sure will be attacking soon:shock:.Im sure they have a plan nothing like the silence, even the most vocal GO on this site has been silenced by his master! Something is brewing ;-(

Salty
01-06-2015, 10:17 AM
I (my opinion) don't think there's much on the stove. Its a shame they've left though there are a couple key questions of them posed multiple times that remain unanswered.

adriaticum
01-06-2015, 10:26 AM
Jup IMHO (LOL) They have told their members to not say another word on public forums. As for the Libs they are all sticking to the same generic letter. Brace yourselves they have formed a strategy & im sure will be attacking soon:shock:.Im sure they have a plan nothing like the silence, even the most vocal GO on this site has been silenced by his master! Something is brewing ;-(

They have been banned. That's why they are silent.

Salty
01-06-2015, 10:29 AM
Nope. Only one of them that I'm aware of ^

adriaticum
01-06-2015, 10:31 AM

Not having your address is not the point. They are targeting the web site owner, not you.
Personally i don't understand the law that would kill the messenger.
But HBC should also take the easy way and ban all guides who vocally oppose the resident hunter.
Which they have done to some

adriaticum
01-06-2015, 10:33 AM
Nope. Only one of them that I'm aware of ^

Could be, i only looked up one.

Wentrot
01-06-2015, 10:34 AM
Not having your address is not the point. They are targeting the web site owner, not you.
Personally i don't understand the law that would kill the messenger.
But HBC should also take the easy way and ban all guides who vocally oppose the resident hunter.
Which they have done to some

They are asking Marc for the peoples personal info. Id say that is also targeting them..

Salty
01-06-2015, 10:35 AM
Oh adriaticum.... I think we can agree though that you didn't get the pm let's leave it at that.

adriaticum
01-06-2015, 10:35 AM
There are always two paths to take in life.....one is the high road...the other is the low road. Make your choice carefully as it will decide where you end up in life.

SSS

Hey what happened to the middle of the road? :mrgreen:

adriaticum
01-06-2015, 10:46 AM
Oh adriaticum.... I think we can agree though that you didn't get the pm let's leave it at that.

No i didn't but the letter should published for all to see.
Targeting you is targeting me and everyone else here who is fighting against these scoundrels.

Spy
01-06-2015, 11:28 AM
Agreed they did attack the site and are targeting some of its members :-( Its a low blow and should not be tolerated ! Thank goodness we are standing strong as one, im proud to be a Resident hunter :-) nearly forgot this is my opinion ;-)

BeastX
08-14-2016, 04:11 PM
So would you agree that those who continuously lambast at particular individuals are simply embellishing the truth about themselves? That they are jealous, and/or envious? That those with a relatively low concept of morale will deliberately do anything to cast their hate toward this particular party? That those with very little sense of proper social etiquette may face possible future ramifications?

Gateholio
08-14-2016, 06:40 PM
Weird.

Let's leave this thread back in 2015, where it belongs.