PDA

View Full Version : Vernon Predator Spots???

Whonnock Boy
12-29-2014, 06:28 PM
Hoping to get some advice on where to travel for some predators around Vernon. I have seen some but, they were on farmland. The roads I have been working have seen the return of logging trucks. Being narrow, winding, and heavy with snow has pushed me to look for new terrain. I've been out towards lumby mostly. Cheers!

st99
12-29-2014, 07:34 PM
Predators are everywhere, set up in any cut block that gives you a good view downwind and where you expect to see them come more likely from up wind (due to cover, prey habitat, or other). Call intermittently for an hour, than try again on the next block move to the next block. Success rate is low compare to farmland, but it works. Tons of farmland around my place and I choose to only hunt the bush.

Good luck

REMINGTON JIM
12-29-2014, 07:59 PM
Mostly find Cougars around the Vernon Lodge Hotel & Jaguars around the Village Green Inn ! You might find smaller pussies around the Alexanders Pub ! LMAO :smile: RJ

landphil
12-29-2014, 09:30 PM
If coyotes are your main goal, I'd be knocking on the door at some of the ranches to ask permission. Not too many ranchers are the coyote loving type.

I was asked recently if I'd come hunt some of them on private land that is totally over-run, of course I said yes, so that's hopefully going to happen soon.