PDA

View Full Version : MLA feedback

DeDutch
12-29-2014, 05:12 PM
Hi all, I just got out of a meeting with my MLA for the Chilliwack Hope riding, Laurie Throness. The feedback was that he had only personally met with 2 constituents and had emails from maybe 5 constituents. Not looking for people to post about the fairness/unfairness or whether the GOABC or BCWF deserves a review of the allocation....save that for another thread! Just putting out the word that as a resident hunter and supporter, we do need more voter interaction with your MLA's.

Goose
12-29-2014, 09:04 PM
Thanks for the heads up on that, I know Ive hit up my Langley MLA twice, but ofcourse most of them are on holiday, or are they? Cause I havent heard back.

Cheers

Salty
12-29-2014, 09:09 PM
I think a lot of people will go to the minister or premier. It helps the cause to go through your MLA too even if they're NDP like in my case.

randymac
12-29-2014, 11:38 PM
I emailed a copy of my letter to my MLA Laurie Throness but haven't received a reply. It did get published in both Chilliwack papers last week though.

Apolonius
12-30-2014, 07:51 AM
For sure you did not expect your MLA to say ,"yes I got lots of emails,who cares!!!!".They are politicians ,they follow the party line and they knew about the storm that was coming to them.Let me just say how strange will it be if they all got a memo and a directive how to respond?I noticed a couple of replys are just on the same tone!!!Except of course Bill Bennet that said he couldn't care lees (he is not running again) and Steve Thompson don't need our votes to get elected.As for Coleman he is busy.

Wentrot
12-30-2014, 07:53 AM
For sure you did not expect your MLA to say ,"yes I got lots of emails,who cares!!!!".They are politicians ,they follow the party line and they knew about the storm that was coming to them.Let me just say how strange will it be if they all got a memo and a directive how to respond?I noticed a couple of replys are just on the same tone!!!Except of course Bill Bennet that said he couldn't care lees (he is not running again) and Steve Thompson don't need our votes to get elected.As for Coleman he is busy.

Bingo, the vast majority of the responses I have seen and received are duplicates.....shit puppets

gutpile
12-31-2014, 12:29 AM
Hi all, I just got out of a meeting with my MLA for the Chilliwack Hope riding, Laurie Throness. The feedback was that he had only personally met with 2 constituents and had emails from maybe 5 constituents. Not looking for people to post about the fairness/unfairness or whether the GOABC or BCWF deserves a review of the allocation....save that for another thread! Just putting out the word that as a resident hunter and supporter, we do need more voter interaction with your MLA's.
I know Laurie Throness personally and if he said he. Only met two consituents and 5 emails from consituents
I believe him .
Mr Throness is an up standing person , no bs from him !

DeDutch
12-31-2014, 05:06 PM
Good to hear you know him, have you been talking to him? He did try to spin what he was going to do...."represent my interests" but was very reluctant to give specifics on that. His replies have been "I am committed to seeing policies that benefit all BC residents......" It seems he is more afraid of Christy than he is of resident priority.

Airedale
12-31-2014, 07:32 PM
He IS more afraid of Christy.

At the Federal and Provincial levels when decisions (eg Site C) or policy changes (GOABC Allocation) are announced
each member of the governing Party receives a copy of the Governments COMMUNICATION PLAN which has been
developed specifically for that occasion. It is closely guarded and never released to the Public or Press but does provide
Members and their closest staff with guidelines on how to present the issue to their constituents and how to respond to
anticipated questions and letters/emails.
Any Member who deviates from the Communication Plan would have to have huge cajones.
His/her new political office in Victoria would be in the basement and Party support/money for their reelection would disappear.
Shunning also comes to mind.
So yes, they are more afraid of their Party than they are of their constituents.

Opposition Parties also employ this coordinated approach when they attack Gov't decisions. Although they may divvy up
some of their counter arguments so they don't look orchestrated.

Politics is a blood sport .....and Party loyalty rules.

Big Lew
12-31-2014, 07:34 PM
Well, I got my first response letter from one of the many MLAs that I wrote to.
It was from the Premier's office and has her signature on it, although I'm sure
her office has the ability to send out form letters containing her official signature
to the writing masses.
"Thank you for taking the time to make me aware of your feelings with regard to hunting regulations.
Your concerns have been noted and will be shared with the minister of Forests, Land and Natural Resource
Operations, the Honourable Steve Thomson, so that he is aware as well. Please be assured that your
comments, including your recommendation that we reconsider recent changes, will be included in those