PDA

View Full Version : New hunter

Funeral Of Hearts
12-29-2014, 02:21 PM
Hi there, Thought I would introduce myself.
I recently moved (for employment purposes) to Vanderhoof from Coquitlam and so far have enjoyed the lake and river fishing. Although, I have been missing fishing for sturgeon and salmon. Moving up here got me motivated enough to get my hunting license. I have been wanting to get it for years but kept putting it off. Well I am registered to take my core in January, already have my pal, and I just purchased my first rifle.

I have never even fired a gun before, so I am looking forward to getting out and giving it a go.

Anyone know where there is a range near or in Vanderhoof that I can sight in my rifle and get some practice?

Sofa King
12-29-2014, 02:25 PM
pick a cutblock.
ranges are fine i guess, but i much prefer being out amongst the wild.
plus, one can scout a bit at the same time.

Funeral Of Hearts
12-29-2014, 02:30 PM
Ya, I thought about going out to a cut block, but seeing as it is my first time shooting I think I would rather go to a range until I get the hang of it.

300win
12-29-2014, 02:57 PM
Welcome to the site and welcome to hunting. Not sure about gun clubs up there but contact omineca sports in town they will be able to give you all the information you need. If nothing locally then cut blocks are plentiful. Enjoy 300