PDA

View Full Version : PG rabbits?

BRvalley
12-29-2014, 12:45 PM
just moved down from chetwynd past couple months, so far hiking and driving havne't seen a single rabbit yet, combined with ice fishing it's my favourite way to kill a winter weekend

in the peace I had found my honey holes, handful of pockets that had strong populations...I need to keep putting in the time to find a couple good areas around PG now, but in general, do guys see many rabbits down here? it is pretty discouraging so far

swampthing
12-29-2014, 06:19 PM
I have seen rabbits everywhere this year. I am on the north end of PG but haven't been in the bush much lately. Was a banner year for sure though for rabbits. I was out the muldovon fsr in oct with a new 22 and knocked over a few rabbits and grouse one evening.

moosecaller
12-29-2014, 07:12 PM
Tabor mountain is always good for rabbits, drive most any logging road and look for track I have seen more rabbits this year than most, good population all round.

BRvalley
12-30-2014, 09:14 AM
it was a good year in chetwynd area, just not in the right area down here I guess...thanks

barry1974w
12-30-2014, 10:28 AM
Seems to be lots around this year. Generally I just drive the logging roads until I see lots of tracks, then stop at the next pull out and go find em.

KevinB
12-30-2014, 01:55 PM
I don't know about PG, but around here I focus on 25-40 year old lodgepole pine plantations. if you can find one with only a bit of beetle kill that's fallen dpwn it gives a good mix of vertical cover and ground level cover.