PDA

View Full Version : Wildlife allocation policy poll

12-27-2014, 11:28 AM
Are you a resident of BC

Do you agree or disagree with the recent Wildlife Allocation Policy for BC

Do you think Non-resident hunters should be granted GOS on Sheep, Grizzly, Goat, Moose, Elk, Caribou in BC

Do you think residents of BC are being treated fair with recent decisions on Allocation Policy

Do you think your opportunities as a resident Hunter are being jeopardized as a BC resident

Do you think Government, the GOABC and representatives from Resident hunters need to sit back down and renegotiate the Wildlife Allocation Policy

dana
12-27-2014, 11:53 AM
It ain't anything I'm loosing sleep over.

J_T
12-27-2014, 12:03 PM
I think people/hunters are hardwired in to traditional thinking. Very little thinking outside of historical approaches. I think we're missing solutions.

I think a stable guide outfitting industry is important. I feel conservation is important. Reg 4 GOS sheep should be revisited.

Are my opportunities being compromised. No. Im never successful with LEH anyway. As long as we use LEH as the solution we are compromising our opportunity. Thats got little to do with GOABC. And more to do with reisdent hunter thinking.

I also find there are too many people on here with an axe to grind with this issue and the real issues are not accurately being addressed

Do i think the cuurent allocation decision could/should be revisited? Yes.

Hunter of the Stone
12-27-2014, 12:16 PM
Back a few years Government committed to having a viable guiding industry in the Province. Very unlikely that Fisher dude, Dead Dog, Curly Top and the rest can change that. Also very little chance of government reopening the allocation policy. The policy has been a contentious issue since its inception and to be truthful everyone is tired of the rhetoric created by it. Time to move on folks. Put some game in the hills instead of shooting all the mothers and babies. That form of management has sure been good for the moose in the North (NOT). Keep up the foolishness and loose more is my prediction.

Avalanche123
12-27-2014, 12:27 PM
It ain't anything I'm loosing sleep over.

Neither am I....

12-27-2014, 12:36 PM
To bad the poll didn't get posted correctly,

the he evidence is clear.

RESIDENTS ARE BEING HANDED THE SHORT END OF THE STICK, THE RICH GET RICHER, ....... THE GREED CONTINUES FOR THE GOABC AND LIBERALS

dana
12-27-2014, 12:41 PM
Choose your poison. I'd rather eat the poison the Liberals are feeding me than what the other guys have to offer.

huntingfamily
12-27-2014, 12:47 PM
Are you a resident of BC Yes

Do you agree or disagree with the recent Wildlife Allocation Policy for BC Disagree - greater proportion swing to guide outfitters, less to residents.

Do you think Non-resident hunters should be granted GOS on Sheep, Grizzly, Goat, Moose, Elk, Caribou in BC No special grants for Guide Outfitters

Do you think residents of BC are being treated fair with recent decisions on Allocation Policy No

Do you think your opportunities as a resident Hunter are being jeopardized as a BC resident Yes. Hunting becoming more popular and % success is declining. Don't need any less allocation thanks.

Do you think Government, the GOABC and representatives from Resident hunters need to sit back down and renegotiate the Wildlife Allocation Policy Absolutely

dryflyguy57
12-27-2014, 12:47 PM
Choose your poison. I'd rather eat the poison the Liberals are feeding me than what the other guys have to offer.
Then you die

12-27-2014, 12:50 PM

WOW, Guiding on the side for a GOABC member are you now ......... never thought I'd see the day when YOU Steve wouldn't support what is best for the future of your children and their children.

To Bad some amy of the GOABC supporters that are residents of BC like yourself still cant answer ......

Do you think the Recent Wildlife Allocation Policy is GOOD for BC Residents ??

As Your Good Friend Christy Clark, Thomson and Company have said ......... we want to do what is best for the MAJORITY of BC Residents ........ NOT !

Wake up and pull your head out of the sand. Keep Drinking the cool-aid ya fence sitters .......

bruin
12-27-2014, 12:54 PM
Are you a resident of BC Yes

Do you agree or disagree with the recent Wildlife Allocation Policy for BC
Agree in part

Do you think Non-resident hunters should be granted GOS on Sheep, Grizzly, Goat, Moose, Elk, Caribou in BC
No, No, some areas, some areas, some areas, some areas

Do you think residents of BC are being treated fair with recent decisions on Allocation Policy
Not entirely but plenty good enough to move on

Do you think your opportunities as a resident Hunter are being jeopardized as a BC resident
Absolutely not. I already have far more "opportunity" than I can reasonably take advantage of in any given year.

Do you think Government, the GOABC and representatives from Resident hunters need to sit back down and renegotiate the Wildlife Allocation Policy
Absolutely not! It would be an enormous step backwards. After 15 some odd years of twisted "negotiation", its finally time to move on to the important stuff. Anyone who is squabbling over a few percentage points currently is missing the big picture in the future of this provinces wildlife. The GOS season on Reg 4 sheep should be addressed separately.

12-27-2014, 12:58 PM
Absolutely not! It would be an enormous step backwards. After 15 some odd years of twisted "negotiation", its finally time to move on to the important stuff. Anyone who is squabbling over a few percentage points currently is missing the big picture in the future of this provinces wildlife. The GOS season on Reg 4 sheep should be addressed separately.

Hey Mike,
Ya never have answered

DO YOU THINK THE RECENT ALLOCATION WILDLIFE POLICY is GOOD for the BC RESIDENT ...... For the FUTURE of your Kids and Grandchildren ?......... What side of the fence will you fall On ?

Man have you lost a lot of respect here. Mind you ya got your hands in Shockeys back pocket any way ........ Bidding for a Territory are ya ?

J_T
12-27-2014, 01:03 PM
Curly, take a breather man. Id suggest your losing perspective clouded in emotion. You ask a question on here. Sit back and let people answer it. Quit inflaming the responders.

If you think you are voting other than Liberal in the coming election, I'd be thinking seriously about the impact of an emotional vote.

houndogger
12-27-2014, 01:11 PM
Island elk no don't agree with at all. Will anybody answer as to why? Nope! The rest won't affect my kids or me in anyway.

bruin
12-27-2014, 01:16 PM
[QUOTE=curly top;1581456]Hey Mike,
Ya never have answered

DO YOU THINK THE RECENT ALLOCATION WILDLIFE POLICY is GOOD for the BC RESIDENT ...... For the FUTURE of your Kids and Grandchildren ?......... What side of the fence will you fall On ?

If you want it answered then include it in your poll. Yes I do. Did residents lose short term (like the next 2-3 years)? Yes, slightly. But there's so much more to deal with than the Policy. Wild/domestic issues are destroying our southern sheep herds and pose a huge risk to thinhorns, mule deer in the Koots have collapsed, moose numbers have dropped significantly, predators #'s are up, oil and gas development in the backcountry is growing and on and on. Consider what "opportunity" has been lost through improper management during this whole episode. Where could we be right now if it was settled back in 2007? Where could we be in 8 years if it is settled now? Yet we throw valuable time and money toward the policy.

If you don't like the answers then don't ask the questions. I'm entitled to my opinion and if you question where my values lye then feel free to examine my actions.

dana
12-27-2014, 02:42 PM
So Curly, what is the better option. Are you really going to drink the KoolAid the Greens and the NDP are offering? We are hearing about backroom deals with the GOABC. Hmmm, what kind of backroom deals will we see David Suzuki and his cronies make to those parties if they were elected? I'd rather not sleep with the Devil myself. If you think high taxes, no jobs and no hunting is you best bet for the future then by all means, vote for those other guys.

What I do find funny in this whole mess is that you actually are surprised when politicians say one thing and then do something else. If you think the Liberals lied to you, are you naive enough to believe the emails the Greens and the NDP are sending out????

Foxton Gundogs
12-27-2014, 02:51 PM
So Curly, what is the better option. Are you really going to drink the KoolAid the Greens and the NDP are offering? We are hearing about backroom deals with the GOABC. Hmmm, what kind of backroom deals will we see David Suzuki and his cronies make to those parties if they were elected? I'd rather not sleep with the Devil myself. If you think high taxes, no jobs and no hunting is you best bet for the future then by all means, vote for those other guys.

What I do find funny in this whole mess is that you actually are surprised when politicians say one thing and then do something else. If you think the Liberals lied to you, are you naive enough to believe the emails the Greens and the NDP are sending

out????

Dana, you are missing the whole point o political un rest and protestThe good thing about our electoral system is the parties never know how you will or did vote many unhappy voters make government uneasy and easier to deal with.Italso gives the opposition parties hope o garnering new votes from the unhappy voters, so thy will stand up for them in government. No one knows who will win public support till after the polls close.

dana
12-27-2014, 03:00 PM
The quote in your sig line says it all. Bill knows exactly what demographics get them votes. He knows the only hunters that they will loose also have a union card. hahaha

12-27-2014, 03:02 PM
The greedy Sheep continue to follow the greedy Sheep, How shallow sited of so many that the Rich get Richer, the butt kissers of Big Business and foreign ownership ....... only out for profits today, not the Future of BC Wildlife and Future for our grandkids to follow ..........

Just Like the GOABC not backing Len Ellis out of Ocean Falls, when things went for a Dump. Their all into it for them selves, the GREED GETS BIGGER !

NEXT UP .......

GREAT LAND RANCH HUNTING PROPERTIES FOR SALE ......... YES WERE GOING WITH OUR AMERICAN MODEL to the South ........ How sad : ((

GROW SOME BALLS ya fence sitters .... ya can't have it all but your sure trying.

STAND UP TO THE SELL OFF ...... grandkids will ask ........ why did ya let that happen Grandpa? I thought you had some GUTS ?

Apparently NOT !

houndogger
12-27-2014, 03:09 PM
The greedy Sheep continue to follow the greedy Sheep, How shallow sited of so many that the Rich get Richer, the butt kissers of Big Business and foreign ownership ....... only out for profits today, not the Future of BC Wildlife and Future for our grandkids to follow ..........

Just Like the GOABC not backing Len Ellis out of Ocean Falls, when things went for a Dump. Their all into it for them selves, the GREED GETS BIGGER !

NEXT UP .......

GREAT LAND RANCH HUNTING PROPERTIES FOR SALE ......... YES WERE GOING WITH OUR AMERICAN MODEL to the South ........ How sad : ((

GROW SOME BALLS ya fence sitters .... ya can't have it all but your sure trying.

STAND UP TO THE SELL OFF ...... grandkids will ask ........ why did ya let that happen Grandpa? I thought you had some GUTS ?

Apparently NOT !

The way you rant and rave might be just why the goatguys of the bcwf lost out....I'd think it would be better to be calm and collected act professional if you want people to listen.

Hunter of the Stone
12-27-2014, 03:12 PM
The way you rant and rave might be just why the goatguys of the bcwf lost out....I'd think it would be better to be calm and collected act professional if you want people to listen.

He is not getting a lot of followers. He will dry up and blow away just like a rotting salmon on a gravel bar. Glad to see many resident hunters are a little smarter than the average showing face on this site.

FirePower
12-27-2014, 03:27 PM
The quote in your sig line says it all. Bill knows exactly what demographics get them votes. He knows the only hunters that they will loose also have a union card. hahaha

I was full ready attempt to point out the error your "party line" statement, how ever, as has been quoted by a much more learned gentleman than myself. “Do not argue with an idiot they drag you down to their level and beat you with experience.” No need to say more.

FirePower
12-27-2014, 03:31 PM
He is not getting a lot of followers. He will dry up and blow away just like a rotting salmon on a gravel bar. Glad to see many resident hunters are a little smarter than the average showing face on this site.
Astute observation sir, then again it is painfully obvious that it is not that difficult to be more intelegent than yourself and a very few others.

HarryToolips
12-27-2014, 04:32 PM
[QUOTE=curly top;1581401]Are you a resident of BC Yes

Do you agree or disagree with the recent Wildlife Allocation Policy for BC Disagree

Do you think Non-resident hunters should be granted GOS on Sheep, Grizzly, Goat, Moose, Elk, Caribou in BC No

Do you think residents of BC are being treated fair with recent decisions on Allocation Policy No

Do you think your opportunities as a resident Hunter are being jeopardized as a BC resident Yes

Do you think Government, the GOABC and representatives from Resident hunters need to sit back down and renegotiate the Wildlife Allocation Policy[/QUOTE All that is required is to put what was agreed upon between both parties in 2012 into legislation. 10% allocation to non residents is consistent with other similar jurisdictions within North America.

Dougielightning
12-27-2014, 05:35 PM
Curly apreciate your passion.. But.... People should be able to answer without being ridiculed. Getting tired of reading intelligent posts explaining what people's opinions are on both sides.. And having you and others slam them... yes while i mostly agree with you....Knock it off!!!!!!!!]Are you a resident of BC Yes

Do you agree or disagree with the recent Wildlife Allocation Policy for BC Disagree

Do you think Non-resident hunters should be granted GOS on Sheep, Grizzly, Goat, Moose, Elk, Caribou in BC No

Do you think your opportunities as a resident Hunter are being jeopardized as a BC resident Yes

Do you think Government, the GOABC and representatives from Resident hunters need to sit back down and renegotiate the Wildlife Allocation Policy. Yes. I think we all need to stand together and be understanding of everyone opinions if this is going to go forward. We don't all have to agree but to Demean and insult helps no one here. Love hunting Eat all wild meat, pay taxes hunt only in bc don't hire guide but support them as they're members of our communities. Do t agree with current allocations but respect all opinions bear valley gg SSS sofa Dana we all have the best interests at heart i believe. Lets not fight lets write letters. Husband of 1 father of 3 live in small town hunt whenever I can not affiliated with guiding industry work in logging industry Know 1 guide havnt talked to him about this. Eat primarily wild meat at home. over taxed underpayed. Love this province and spending time i the out doors with my family. Hopefully my hunting partner (my 12 year old daughter ) who has put meat in our freezer as well will have the same chances with her family and children in fifteen years as we do now.I will not vote liberal again.

dana
12-27-2014, 06:22 PM

NEXT UP .......

Apparently NOT !

If you are thinking I am a sheep, you are sadly mistaken. No connections to the guiding industry what so ever. I am a resident hunter through and through. One that uses his brain and can think for himself. The sheep are the masses that have let a few pissed off resident trophy hunters work them up into a frenzy. Start looking at the numbers and you will see that this really isn't the end of the world as many are preaching. The way I see it, both sides are full of bullshit and both should get swift kicks in the ass and told to smarten up and stop being children.

Cordillera
12-27-2014, 06:43 PM
In my areas the policy didn't change much so while I don't think its grand, it's not a game changer for me or my kids.
In the end everyone (goabc and BCWF) wanted more clear policy with less regional discretion. They got that.

for four years this issue has taken a pile of energy while other issues have not seen the attention they need. Those issues can help grow more a bigger pie, instead of arguing how big a slice we get.

Bugle M In
12-27-2014, 08:16 PM
If you are thinking I am a sheep, you are sadly mistaken. No connections to the guiding industry what so ever. I am a resident hunter through and through. One that uses his brain and can think for himself. The sheep are the masses that have let a few pissed off resident trophy hunters work them up into a frenzy. Start looking at the numbers and you will see that this really isn't the end of the world as many are preaching. The way I see it, both sides are full of bullshit and both should get swift kicks in the ass and told to smarten up and stop being children.

Maybe you could take the time to enlighten us, on both sides of the fence, as to where we need a kick in the ass, and what should be the correct steps taken to rectify the situation.
I looked forward to your interpretation of what is right and what is wrong, here in BC.
You won't find many saying that BC isn't a great place, and it isn't what anybody was trying to say.
But, what path does BC have to take to become like the USA.
Yes, even there, opportunities abound for residents without large pockets, but no where near the opportunity always held historically in BC for it's residents.
So what road would need to be taken for BC, to start heading down the USA style scenario.
Did Dec 10 decision do nothing to take resident opportunities away.
And, what stops future governments to do more deals like this, behind close doors, to further erode resident opportunities, if we, as residents, don't try and stop it now.
And, in your opinion, what was wrong with they way things were, as far as the previous allocation policy was??
I look forward to reading what both sides are wrong about, and what stops the future of BC Hunting to become a Private possibility in the future, like the US.

12-27-2014, 11:24 PM
[QUOTE=curly top;1581401]Are you a resident of BC Yes

Do you think Government, the GOABC and representatives from Resident hunters need to sit back down and renegotiate the Wildlife Allocation Policy[/QUOTE All that is required is to put what was agreed upon between both parties in 2012 into legislation. 10% allocation to non residents is consistent with other similar jurisdictions within North America.

BINGO,

Your last comment ..... Couldn't agree with you more ...... why the many greedy ones can't admit it is self centered and Does not put residents, our kids and grandkids or Wild life first.

Its very easy to see that those that think this present Allocation Policy that the GOABC and Liberals are jamming down the resident hunters throat is purely about $$$ and nothing more.

CT

Piperdown
12-28-2014, 08:08 AM
Time to move on folks.

Yes please do you drivel is getting tiresome.

bowhunterbruce
12-28-2014, 08:31 AM
I couldn't agree with you more Dana, all be it I am currently living in Alberta, I will be back in B C. Why you may ask, its very simple, even with the new allocations BC still and always will be the best place on earth to live as a resident hunter. Nowhere else are there as many different animals to hunt for as long a season that's available, not to mention the many various terrains and regions or various methods for each and every one of those animals.
the bottom line is, "quit being a bunch of whiners", both sides are winners with the exception of the sheep in region 4 situation. now get the big girl panties on and go out and kill some wolfs for gods sake.

bhb

The way I see it, both sides are full of bullshit and both should get swift kicks in the ass and told to smarten up and stop being children.

chilcotin hillbilly
12-28-2014, 09:36 AM
I couldn't agree with you more Dana, all be it I am currently living in Alberta, I will be back in B C. Why you may ask, its very simple, even with the new allocations BC still and always will be the best place on earth to live as a resident hunter. Nowhere else are there as many different animals to hunt for as long a season that's available, not to mention the many various terrains and regions or various methods for each and every one of those animals.
the bottom line is, "quit being a bunch of whiners", both sides are winners with the exception of the sheep in region 4 situation. now get the big girl panties on and go out and kill some wolfs for gods sake.

bhb

thats how I look at it. The percentages are set so we all know what to expect from here on. Time to make more wildlife , starting with residents and guides alike killing more wolves.

Hunter of the Stone
12-28-2014, 09:53 AM
thats how I look at it. The percentages are set so we all know what to expect from here on. Time to make more wildlife , starting with residents and guides alike killing more wolves.

Times 3 .................

huntingfamily
12-28-2014, 01:37 PM
I believe you are a guide, correct?

bhb

bowhunterbruce
12-28-2014, 01:54 PM
I was guiding in 2011, but I have always been until recently a BC resident hunter. this is why I am able to keep an open mind and have the ability to see both sides of the fence. not a bad thing in todays society.

bhb

I believe you are a guide, correct?

12-28-2014, 02:33 PM
I was guiding in 2011, but I have always been until recently a BC resident hunter. this is why I am able to keep an open mind and have the ability to see both sides of the fence. not a bad thing in todays society.

bhb

bhb, over time I have enjoyed your contribution to this site, some good stuff, that said .......
it is not bad to keep an open mind and and have the ability to see both side but You as a Resident Hunter can't see what is out and out taking more opportunity away from You, your family that hunts, your friends ...... one day your Grand kids ..... the future . The " It doesn't affect me " As others have said is Selfish is a lame excuse ..... You as a resident Are Not Looking at the complete picture

TAKE TAKE TAKE ........ BC RESIDENTS LOOSE LOOSE on this NEW POICY DATED DEC 11 / 14

Can ANY ONE OF YOU EXPLAIN HOW THIS IS A " WIN " FOR RESIDENTS ....... ? again take a look at comparisons NORTH AMERICA WIDE ....... WAKE UP !

NORTH AMERICA WIDE ....... 5 to 10 PERCENT ALLOCATION ???????

BC new policy agreement ........ from 20 UP TO 40% .......... Its completely a SELL OFF, disrespectful and unjust to all BC residents, hunters and non hunters alike. A WIN ??

Its nothing but a WIN for Non RESIDENT, the Owners ( Many Foreign ) the GOABC and the Liberals. BACK DOOR DEALS ......... BC for sale .......

How is this a WIN for us present and future BC RESIDENTS ........ we all wait your answers ......

J_T
12-28-2014, 03:31 PM
Curly. Are you open minded enough to see possibly your question regarding opportunity is ambiguos? You did ask us if "your" opportunity 'as a resident' is compromised. I responded, as a resident hunter and specifically to "my" opportunity as your question asked.

Im hoping my grand children hunt. But i also hope they have a more councelled approach to dealing with "stuff" they dont agree with than you are displaying here.