PDA

View Full Version : Thankful To Be a BC Resident

dana
12-24-2014, 08:48 PM
With all the doom and gloom that has been posted on here as of late, I think Christmas Eve is a great time to reflect on just how good we have it. Without a doubt we live in a province that is world reknown for its super natural beauty. The things we get to see on a daily basis is envied the world around. On top of this natural wonder, we are unmatched in wildlife diversity and hunting opportunities. Hunters from all over the world dream about what we have. I am told over and over again on American hunting websites that I am "Living The Dream". I ain't rich. Never will be. And yet many a rich man wishes he had what I have. BC is a wonderful, magical place, full of a lifetime of adventure. Go out and live it! I wish all a Merry Christmas and Happy New Year. May you all experience super natural BC in all its wonder and awe in the New Year.

Rackmastr
12-24-2014, 08:51 PM
No doubt the last 2 seasons I've spent as a BC resident have been some of my best by far, and 2015 is shaping up to be yet another good one!!!

I hope that I can share all the amazing experiences with my 2 girls as they grow up and am sure glad I jumped out of my 'comfort zone' and moved here....just wish I did it sooner!

Lucky77_
12-24-2014, 09:25 PM
Hear Hear!

chilcotin hillbilly
12-24-2014, 09:29 PM
Thats right Dana, well put.
Merry Christmas, spend time outdoors over the holidays and take a kid hunting.

HarryToolips
12-24-2014, 09:33 PM
Cheers Dana, you are right, our province is the best for hunting and outdoor activities, all the doom and gloom is just from us trying to keep it that way...Merry Christmas everybody!

yama49
12-24-2014, 09:35 PM
I agree, we have it all in bc, most don't get to see a fraction of it.. Merry Christmas

pronghorn
12-24-2014, 09:41 PM
Well put Steve I agree. Merry Christmas to all

Sofa King
12-24-2014, 09:47 PM
good perspective, dana.
people forget just how much freedom we have and wild country also.
people should enjoy what they have while they still have it.
and take advantage of every opportunity that comes along to experience it.

Salty
12-24-2014, 10:02 PM
Darn right we should be thankful for what we have and fight to protect it when its threatened. Merry Christmas and happy new year back at ya Dana.

FirePower
12-24-2014, 10:05 PM
It is indeed a great place to live work and play. The hunting has been top drawer, lets all persevere to keep it so. Happy Christmas and all the best for 2015.

The Hermit
12-24-2014, 10:50 PM
Merry Christmas Steve!

Citori54
12-24-2014, 10:54 PM
Well said Dana....Merry Christmas!!

coach
12-24-2014, 10:56 PM
Merry Christmas to you and your family, Steve. Thanks for your outstanding contributions to this site! You are definitely an inspiration.

bruin
12-24-2014, 11:24 PM
Amen to that! Merry Christmas Steve!

Stone Sheep Steve
12-25-2014, 06:42 AM
Absolutely!! A person can spend a lifetime exploring all the corners of Beautiful BC!!
I'm thankful to all those who have worked hard in the past to allow us to have the opportunities that we do and we must work hard to maintain those opportunities for our future generations.

Merry Christmas, Steve and to the rest of my fellow BCers!!

SSS

kennyj
12-25-2014, 07:13 AM
I totally agree Dana. Merry Christmas to you and your family, and all the best in 2015.
kenny

ryanonthevedder
12-25-2014, 12:21 PM
I have been around the world; from India to Indiana, and from Ireland to Istanbul, and I can say with experience that we come from the very best part of the world, period. Whether its fishing, hunting, hockey, food, education or health, we have a combo like no other place. Love it, preserve it, and appreciate it. She's one of a kind!

Merry Xmas and all the best next year

bcmulie
12-25-2014, 12:54 PM
I hunted elk, moose, stone's sheep, bighorn sheep, caribou, mule deer, whitetail deer, bison, grizzly bears, black bears, and wolves this year in BC, with cats still to come. Where else in the world can you do that? We are truly blessed to live and hunt in this province. Merry Christmas all!

nature girl
12-25-2014, 01:14 PM
Yes B.C is a great place to live. And to see and hunt alot of the animals people only dream of seeing in there lifetime.
Steven and the rest of HBC a very merry christmas and a happy new year to you all.

Avalanche123
12-25-2014, 01:17 PM
Yep BC rocks. Merry Xmas!

goatdancer
12-25-2014, 01:19 PM
Very well worded Dana. BC is the best. Wouldn't want to be anywhere else. Looking forward to more of your awesome pics in the new year.

Big Lew
12-25-2014, 02:04 PM
Great post Dana, Merry Christmas.
As a 4th generation member of our family that's lived in BC (beginning during the homestead period)
it's very easy to take what we have and enjoy for granted. It's also easy to become saddened by the
ever-increasing population moving out into the back country, the industrial expansion, massive dams,
hydro lines and witnessing the huge areas devastated by bug kill, but anytime all this depresses me,
I realize that regardless of where I am in the province at the time, it's only a matter of a very short
time and I can be out and away from it all enjoying BC's fantastic nature while hunting, fishing, bird
watching, hiking or camping. We are very fortunate that we have it all literally at our doorstep.

SeaScene
12-25-2014, 02:57 PM
Nailed it. But "call some place paradise, kiss it goodbye". Lets make sure your post rings true even 5 years from now. I doubt it.

Taylor329
12-25-2014, 03:04 PM
So refreshing to read something positive for a change, thanks Dana.
Happy Holidays HBC!

First Up
12-25-2014, 06:10 PM
I absolutely agree that B.C. is a great place to live. We have so many opportunities for hunting. I recently was browsing a large archery shop in anaheim california. It was so busy you had to pull a number for service. I decided to ask the employees what people hunt for in the area? Many of the employees looked at each other and said, "there is nothing around to hunt for". They said they had to travel out of the state. It then occurred to me how really fortunate we are in B.C.

avadad
12-26-2014, 12:54 AM
I too am thankful for this place we call home. I wouldn't want to be anywhere else! Thanks for expressing your gratitude Dana…I always appreciate what you post…Best of 2015 to you and your family.

blackbart
12-26-2014, 01:12 PM
I find driving here to be way too dangerous for BC to live up to those kind of claims of world leading excellence.

Winding mountain roads covered in snow, looming mountains covered in huge trees giving way to alpine meadows, clear rivers with fishing holes to look at below the road, and critters jumping out in front of me all the time combine to make driving very difficult. Heck those mountain goats are almost impossible to see in the winter! Combine that with the low population density of humans and a guy could be waiting hours to be helped after blowing off the road to avoid a ram, goat, bull, buck, bear, samsquantch etc etc.....

12-26-2014, 01:19 PM
We live and play in likely one of the most INCREDIBLE PLACES in the world. I am specially grateful to that. Sure don't want to see it stolen or given away to those that do not appreciate it as much as us BC residents.

Happy New Year

Brez
12-28-2014, 01:47 PM
to echo everyone else, well said dana. Some of us may not have a lot of money, but we are incredibly rich if we can enjoy the buffet that B.C. offers. You have the right outlook. May you, and everyone else, have a great Christmas and terrific and successful New Year.