PDA

View Full Version : Sucks to be a BC resident

TARCHER
12-23-2014, 02:59 PM
Going to be harder next year as the BC Government just handed a big chunck of the allotment away from BC residents to Guide outfitters of BC and wealthy forgien trophy hunters

https://scontent-b-pao.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-xpa1/v/t1.0-9/s526x395/10857910_10152888731147808_2462044020740461164_n.j pg?oh=0ed0380c06cb69e5d9bd9f0173c8eb5b&oe=5503FFEA
(https://www.facebook.com/NoslerInc/photos/a.301801862807.147066.169945647807/10152888731147808/?type=1)

Nosler (https://www.facebook.com/NoslerInc/photos/a.301801862807.147066.169945647807/10152888731147808/?type=1&fref=nf)

No antibiotics, artificial hormones, pesticides, herbicides, or unnatural feeds were used in the raising of this meat. ‪#‎EatOrganic‬ (https://www.facebook.com/hashtag/eatorganic?source=feed_text&story_id=10205550650275354) ‪#‎ShootNosler (https://www.facebook.com/hashtag/shootnosler?source=feed_text&story_id=10205550650275354)

Sofa King
12-23-2014, 03:06 PM
never heard about this before......not anywhere......especially not in the fifteen other threads already covering the same exact thing.

TARCHER
12-23-2014, 03:08 PM
Hey, I don't get out much. I posted this and more on other social media, don't worry, been doin my part. This is far from over.

fuzzybiscuit
12-23-2014, 03:10 PM
The GO's are our friends. One told me so.

Sofa King
12-23-2014, 03:30 PM
so, do no hunters on here ever go over to alberta or Saskatchewan to try to get their biggest deer ever?
pretty sure I've read about lots.
even down into the states to chase some monster muleys and such.
there's even some who take it to far greater lengths and go to Africa.
none of those are resident hunts, and I've never read of them feeling bad about taking from the resident hunters.
funny though how it's suddenly the end of the world when it's happening in their home.
it's called change people.
it's inevitable, it happens as time passes.
if some feel they can and need to prevent it, then they should be out there doing that, not whining on forum boards.
$$$ is what fuels everything, and the government will do what will make them more.
and guiding is a business, businesses are always looking for ways to do better and make more $$.
if they aren't, then they aren't running properly.
and who's using the guides?
hunters, that's who.
so now it's hunters fighting with hunters.
put the shoe on the other foot, how would you like it if Albertans were trying to stop you from coming there for a deer hunt?
or Montana/Wyoming/Colorado closed themselves to Canadians opportunity to come chase their great game?
to a degree, it's the same thing.
change happens, and it always pisses people off.
but we will have to accept that hunting in the future is going to be a sad shadow of how it once was.
and this allocation is far from the biggest reasons why.

it could also always be worse.
at least they are looking at increasing some hunters opportunities.
it would be a grimmer picture if they were closing down guiding altogether.
that would show that they were trying to do away with hunting and we'd all be next.

Lever Hunter
12-23-2014, 04:00 PM
so, do no hunters on here ever go over to alberta or Saskatchewan to try to get their biggest deer ever?
none of those are resident hunts, and I've never read of them feeling bad about taking from the resident hunters.
funny though how it's suddenly the end of the world when it's happening in their home.
if some feel they can and need to prevent it, then they should be out there doing that, not whining on forum boards.
$$$ is what fuels everything, and the government will do what will make them more.
and guiding is a business, businesses are always looking for ways to do better and make more $$.
hunters, that's who.
put the shoe on the other foot, how would you like it if Albertans were trying to stop you from coming there for a deer hunt?
or Montana/Wyoming/Colorado closed themselves to Canadians opportunity to come chase their great game?
but we will have to accept that hunting in the future is going to be a sad shadow of how it once was.

that would show that they were trying to do away with hunting and we'd all be next.

I must say I agree with SK on this 100%, then again I'm sick with the flu so that might explain why...

Blainer
12-23-2014, 05:01 PM
hunters, that's who.

that would show that they were trying to do away with hunting and we'd all be next.I don't believe it is about shutting down the Outfitting business.
It's about the % of allocation.

12-23-2014, 05:04 PM
Not about shutting them down, its about a respectable % comparison in line with the REST OF NORTH AMERICA. Except for NWT, ALASKA a and YUKON because of population base. Most provinces, and states, 5 to 10 % for Non Residents !

Not here in BC they are going for 40%

DO YOU AS A RESIDENT THINK THATS RIGHT ?

Gateholio
12-23-2014, 05:15 PM
Hey TARCHER we've got several threads on this topic so I'm going to lock this one. Feel free to check out the other threads. Thanks for your involvement

BRvalley
12-23-2014, 05:22 PM

you really don't get it? or just always like to argue? lol

perhaps guide outfitters should adapt and change the way they do business? instead of taking opportunity away from residents

so you have no issues with revenue from your resident licences being used to fund a GOABC lobbyist?

how do outfitters in the rest of the North America manage to stay profitable? when they do not have 20-40% allocations?

dismissing the proposed allocations as not important, under the disguise of "hunters vs hunters" or "we should focus on conservation" is a lazy BS way of dealing with it....in my opinion of course.....surely we can multi task, win this battle in the short term while staying focused on conservation in the long term

butthead
12-23-2014, 05:24 PM
should be no problem
just every bcer that hunts has to band together and not buy a single hunting license next year
iam sure that would solve any other problems of that sort

bridger
12-23-2014, 06:29 PM
hunters, that's who.

other jurisdictions do allow non resident hunting as does British Columbia. Difference is they only give 10% of the allowable harvest to nonresidents. That share has little effect on resident opportunity in those states or provinces. We are on the other hand are giving 40% harvest share to nonresidents on some species and 20% on the rest. That is the difference. If you don't think this will affect your personal hunting opportunities just wait a few years.

Hunter Dog
12-23-2014, 06:30 PM
should be no problem
just every bcer that hunts has to band together and not buy a single hunting license next year

Hahahaha...now that's funny!

bridger
12-23-2014, 06:31 PM
hunters, that's who.
or Montana/Wyoming/Colorado closed themselves to Canadians. opportunity to come chase their great game?

other jurisdictions do allow non resident hunting as does British Columbia. Difference is they only give 10% of the allowable harvest to nonresidents. That share has little effect on resident opportunity in those states or provinces. We are on the other hand are giving 40% harvest share to nonresidents on some species and 20% on the rest. That is the difference. If you don't think this will affect your personal hunting opportunities just wait a few years.

Big Lew
12-23-2014, 07:38 PM
I have a neighbour that also doesn't think there's anything wrong with the new guidelines, but
he is not, and has not ever been a hunter. He thought the additional revenue brought in by
non-resident hunters was a good thing. He couldn't understand that the displaced resident
hunters actually would contribute more, especially when considering all the volunteer work on
improving habitat and species management etc. When I asked him if he, as a photographer, was
suddenly restricted or not allowed to go out into public domain to take his wildlife pictures because
it had been set aside for visiting foreigners, he then could see our concern. I'm sure that there is
a large part of our provincial population that also are ignorant about the serious ramifications this
is likely to bring to all their recreational pursuits down the road.

Tommybuckles
12-23-2014, 08:25 PM
The best thing anyone can do when all the dust settles is to make sure the Liberals don't get in again. They care only about profit at any cost. They systematically tear the province apart in the name of "balancing the budget" and the "economy". No one seems to care, however, until they are directly affected by their actions. Now that they are getting into the pockets and freezers the average joe people are beginning to wake up.

chilcotin hillbilly
12-23-2014, 09:58 PM
You know the thing that cracks me up is the fact that we have a huge province that could hold double the wildlife if people got off there couch and went predator hunting or filled a bear tag while out moose hunting. We only have 102 000 hunters in this great province room for many more. When my evil clients spend a week here and comment on the lack of predator hunters time after time it is obvious we have a lot of half ass want to be hunters that think you should only kill what you eat. Predator management should be something every hunter takes on, no excuses. The province has given us every opportunity to do this as hunters yet few actually try to kill a wolf. We should not rely on the government to do the culling for us, step up and get at it. We would have more game and more GOS and this witch hunt would never have started.
Trust me there are many GO that never do their part in predator control, I still believe if you turn in a wolf you should get a moose tag or something to that effect maybe then you would see more participation.

HarryToolips
12-23-2014, 10:11 PM
should be no problem

Your right in my opinion, if the battle with our corrupt BC govt went that long over this and they don't listen to us, we might just have to do that..

Spy
12-23-2014, 10:33 PM
You know the thing that cracks me up is the fact that we have a huge province that could hold double the wildlife if people got off there couch and went predator hunting or filled a bear tag while out moose hunting. We only have 102 000 hunters in this great province room for many more. When my evil clients spend a week here and comment on the lack of predator hunters time after time it is obvious we have a lot of half ass want to be hunters that think you should only kill what you eat. Predator management should be something every hunter takes on, no excuses. The province has given us every opportunity to do this as hunters yet few actually try to kill a wolf. We should not rely on the government to do the culling for us, step up and get at it. We would have more game and more GOS and this witch hunt would never have started.
Trust me there are many GO that never do their part in predator control, I still believe if you turn in a wolf you should get a moose tag or something to that effect maybe then you would see more participation.
You are right about the predators we should all be out there knocking them down two Black bears each & 3 wolves is a tall order but should guarantee you a moose tag.If not now it sure will in the future!

Spy
12-23-2014, 10:37 PM
hunters, that's who.

Be ready to pay through your F...cking nose! lots wont be able to afford hunting and shit will go down hill.I for one will be fighting for our right to hunt.Give up if you want im not ready to give up.

Shawn Smith
12-24-2014, 07:45 AM
I totally agree with CH on the predator issue I decided this year that I would spend time going after wolves I plan to take my limit if possible every year. I suspect I will likely take a deer or moose while out hunting wolf.

chilcotin hillbilly
12-24-2014, 08:57 AM
it is interesting, I just had a hunter form Cody Wyoming here. He says out there we would have seen dozens of hunting rigs calling coyote every day if we we hunting in his state. If they could hunt wolves he figured you would see incredible amounts of hunting parties out there everyday, no excuses. He can't believe the lack of predator hunting interest in BC.

444marlin
12-24-2014, 09:06 AM
Just read this on the CBC.

http://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/british-columbia/b-c-wildlife-federation-says-hunters-furious-about-new-allocations-1.2883484