PDA

View Full Version : BOYCOTT of GOABC GUIDES. And Services

12-22-2014, 02:39 PM
Given the circumstances of the recent events with the GOABC and its position and disrespect of we resident hunters of BC, I think any one in support of BC RESIDENT hunters that are were considering using the services of the GOABC rethink that and boycott their services until this can be resolved to an acceptable and respectful decision by resident hunters, GOABC and the Liberal government.

Strength in numbers people .......... Stay strong and stand your ground.

SHACK
12-22-2014, 06:28 PM
I unfortunately think this would be of very little influence, or harm to GOABC, I just don't think enough of the revenues generated by the guides originates "in province". I could be mistaken, however I only personally know of one person in my group who has used a guide for an elk trip in the Koots (complete fail in every way, so that will never happen again)

I also believe those that are residents, and who use GO's on any sort of regular basis to hunt already are probably not going to care either way.

280 77
12-22-2014, 06:45 PM
Boycotting goabc can certainly not hurt our position .

bridger
12-22-2014, 06:51 PM
Maybe a more effective tactic would to call for a moratorium on non-resident hunting

bearvalley
12-22-2014, 07:08 PM
Bridger you just don't get it. Why do you keep trying to stop others from doing what you do.
Remember.
BRIDGER HAS BEEN A NON RESIDENT GUIDED HUNTER!
is that really so wrong? Kinda fun wasn't it?

goinghunting
12-22-2014, 07:30 PM
Bridger you just don't get it. Why do you keep trying to stop others from doing what you do.
Remember.

I dont think you get it bearvalley the goabc has gotten greedy and its time to put our foot down if it takes a moratoriam then a moratoriam it is!

325 wsm
12-22-2014, 07:34 PM
Bridger is that sheep in your avatar taken with an outfit that is a member of the GOABC. Just looking for a yes or no answer.

Everett
12-22-2014, 07:37 PM
Maybe a more effective tactic would to call for a moratorium on non-resident hunting

That's exactly what needs to happen.

Bugle M In
12-22-2014, 07:45 PM
Maybe I should unsubscribe to WILDTV.
Let SHAW know I am no longer interested in watching programs, which are for the most part, GO advertising...not all, but plenty enough there to stop paying for it.
And if no one ( resident hunters )paid television Networks for that programming, than they will be gone.
Not leaving the cash in your wallet at businesses that support GO ( Cabelas etc, may be another option, go there, see if it fits, buy online somewhere else??)
Lots of things people can do, if it's organized.

Daybreak
12-22-2014, 07:51 PM
That's exactly what needs to happen.

In a perfect world...yes.

As resident hunters we are struggling to keep reins on the wants and demands of the GO's as it is, let alone close the borders to outsiders. I'm watching the ideas and interest in a public protest/appeal and am not so sure we can pull together enough to make that happen. The more I read here the more I want to act. It was mentioned in the "Public Protest" thread that things are in the works and someone is working behind the scenes to get us mobile. Hope so and willing to help if someone could tell me what I need to do to help get it rolling.

I'd be curious to know how many of the GO's are actually Canadian citizens and/or are they funded from the USA and beyond. Personally, I will never use their "services". The few I know of are not hurting in any way and are catering to the greediest clients you could imagine.

40incher
12-22-2014, 07:54 PM

Sounds good to me ... let's leave more sheep on the mountain!

Time to flush the rats out of the hole ...

Is 90/10 lookin' good yet??

Daybreak
12-22-2014, 07:54 PM
Wholesale Sports provides incentives and discounts to GO's. I will not shop there again.

12-22-2014, 08:00 PM
Wholesale Sports provides incentives and discounts to GO's. I will not shop there again.

The GOABC and the Liberals that have taken away from the Residents of BC will soon learn, they are a SMALL fish in the Grand Scheme of things.

STRENGTH IN NUMBERS every one ! STAY STRONG !

Everett
12-22-2014, 08:04 PM
Well both Float Plane companies in Dease are now owned Guide Outfitters that would be an easy one to target.

bridger
12-22-2014, 08:06 PM
Remember.

absolutely i I have been a guided nonresident hunter. Last time this October. Plan on doing it again. Difference is that those outfitters weren't trying to screw the resident of those provinces. As far as getting it I get it it a lot better than you do. IT MEANS GOABC FIRST RESIDENTS ON LEH! Maybe we should have a moratorium on GUIDED nonresident hunting.

Wentrot
12-22-2014, 08:10 PM
Don't forget a certain protected HBC sponsor company

bridger
12-22-2014, 08:10 PM
Bridger is that sheep in your avatar taken with an outfit that is a member of the GOABC. Just looking for a yes or no answer.
Taken with nahanni butte outfitters. NWT. Great outfit!

bearvalley
12-22-2014, 08:11 PM
I dont think you get it bearvalley the goabc has gotten greedy and its time to put our foot down if it takes a moratoriam then a moratoriam it is!

To be truly honest with you going hunting, I probably "get it" better than most on this issue.
I find it hilarious when someone calls for a moratorium on non resident hunting in our province while he hunts in another jurisdiction as a non resident.
I find it hilarious when a resident hunter bitches about guided non residents taking away hunting opportunities but it's fine for him to take non residents out to harvest our wildlife.
I find it hilarious when I see the sensationalized headlines. Outfitters are stealing 40%....30%.....25% or whatever number wants to be thrown out of the resident hunters winter meat supply.
What's really funny is when you explain allocation and how it used to someone that really listens the go "Really".
Thats not what the news said.
This whole allocation mix up is a creation of greed. And not just from the GOABC corner.
It's been fuelled by a few grudge packers from the old days with an axe to grind with GOABC. And I'm not going to lump Jesse with the axe grinders yet because I do believe to him conservation and wildlife do matter.
We all want to bitch about outfitters, natives and wolves but the ones that are screwing up hunting are us. The Resident Hunters.
I hate to tell you goinghuntig but the ones that get it in this deal are some of the BCWF guys I've talked to off forum, some outfitters and some of the general public. More will figure it out. Some never will.
In the meantime I'll try to get it. But you got to remember I'm a simple outfitter.

bearvalley
12-22-2014, 08:14 PM
bridger you can't even keep that straight. Last time you posted it was a Yukon sheep. You gonna tell us you were hunting with Abe next. You're blowing your credibility man.

Sofa King
12-22-2014, 08:14 PM

why?
they are a company that makes money from outdoorspeople.
of course they are going to do what they can to get ALL of them to buy from them.
hurting wholesale sports or any other store isn't changing anything.
you should be concentrating your efforts on the powers that be if you are that upset.

bridger
12-22-2014, 08:16 PM
Easy way to put the fire out Bear Valley. Stand up and tell the GOABC to quit screwing resident hunters. Easy fix then we can all go home.

proguide66
12-22-2014, 08:20 PM
Its a frustrating time for sure ! I have worked with various outfitters form a fair amount of years. I can easily say I never had a problem finding game for my clients and have NEVER had an issue with a 'resident hunter' ever.
One thing I might say is ( which has always kinda pissed me off) is MANY outfitters make THIS statement out loud non stop , " Our number ONE enemy is the resident hunter". NOW... wouldn't it be kinda STUPID to make that statement about THOUSANDS of people you have never even met EVER ????...... then to top it off a few of these individuals are NOT EVEN FROM HERE !!!......... now , is it 'just me' ? or is that move alone kinda INSANE ???? anyway , before I go off on a rant.... 'boycotting' a group who has made it clear for years " THE RESIDENT HUNTER IS OUR NUMBER ONE ENEMY " for YEARS might not be very possible. A few of these outfitters are actually presently stuffing knives in MY back claiming I am making problems for them as well.... WTF ???..... anyway , 'enough is enough' for sure...... a few people need a spanking pretty bad.... I am a resident hunter - PERIOD and have been since I was 12. take take take....... and TAKE , holy eff......

325 wsm
12-22-2014, 08:32 PM
Yes ive heard good things about them. Not sure why someone else thinks you shot it in the Yukon as you did a great write up here on HBC about your hunt.
Id also like to mention that there are also a lot of great outfits in BC and just because they are members of GOABC it does not mean they are controlling the actions of GOABC.
Kind of like someone who voted for the Liberal party is not controlling their decisions or a member of the BCWF is not controlling the decisions made there.
Always liked your posts and the experience you offer on this site. Good luck on your future hunts and endeavors whatever or whereever they may be.

bearvalley
12-22-2014, 08:50 PM
Nahanni Butte is a good outfit. The Lancasters also run a couple of good outfits in BC. Some still under the GOABCs flag. They're running as good of a show here as the NWT.
As for someone thinking bridger shot a Yukon sheep :
1- Bridger was asked about a week ago if his avatar was a northwest BC ram taken on a resident hunt or if it was on a guided non resident hunt in the NWT.
2-Bridgers answer was it was shot in the Yukon on a guided hunt.
3- I already knew where Bridgers ram came from
So from that I would take it Bridger is a bullshitter or he's going way overboard on the sheep hunter secrecy thing.
Or maybe he don't want anyone to know he hires guides.

Daybreak
12-22-2014, 08:52 PM
why?
they are a company that makes money from outdoorspeople.
of course they are going to do what they can to get ALL of them to buy from them.
hurting wholesale sports or any other store isn't changing anything.
you should be concentrating your efforts on the powers that be if you are that upset.

"Why" you ask.

I do not agree with the GOABC's wants and demands nor do I agree with the ethics of many of their clients.

Companies such as WSSports are offering GOABC incentives that extend far beyond any incentives they offer me, an "outdoors" person, to purchase gear to
enable my hunting/fishing activities. If I continue to shop there I am enabling them to support the GOABC and in turn their wants and demands. By choosing not to put money in their coffers I have an immediate and heartfelt impact on their bottom line which might make them reconsider favouring those that I am not in agreement with. This monetary favouritism makes the guides life easier. I am not going to contribute to that.

I do not have to be particularly "so upset" to choose where I leave my money. I do however, like to know who and what my money is sponsoring.

C'mon SK...I thought you were more in touch than that last post would indicate.

325 wsm
12-22-2014, 08:56 PM
[QUOTE=Daybreak;1579695]"Why" you ask.

I do not agree with the GOABC's wants and demands nor do I agree with the ethics of many of their clients.

Companies such as WSSports are offering GOABC incentives that extend far beyond any incentives they offer me, an "outdoors" person, to purchase gear to
enable my hunting/fishing activities. If I continue to shop there I am enabling them to support the GOABC and in turn their wants and demands. By choosing not to put money in their coffers I have an immediate and heartfelt impact on their bottom line which might make them reconsider favouring those that I am not in agreement with. This monetary favouritism makes the guides life easier. I am not going to contribute to that.

I do not have to be particularly "so upset" to choose where I leave my money. I do however, like to know who and what my money is sponsoring.

….thats nothing compared to the discount my outfitter can get me from other retailers for their merchandise.:shock:

40incher
12-22-2014, 09:02 PM
Nahanni Butte is a good outfit. The Lancasters also run a couple of good outfits in BC. Some still under the GOABCs flag. They're running as good of a show here as the NWT.
1- Bridger was asked about a week ago if his avatar was a northwest BC ram taken on a resident hunt or if it was on a guided non resident hunt in the NWT.
So from that I would take it Bridger is a bullshitter or he's going way overboard on the sheep hunter secrecy thing.

I'll tell you one thing, Bridger has gone to hell and back defending resident hunters!! He has my support, and the support of many.

You, on the other hand, are just a puff of buttsmoke. Blow wind blow ... and blow them cling-ons away!

Keep up the good fight Bridger ... I know you will!

bridger
12-22-2014, 09:04 PM

If I said the ram in my avatar was taken in the Yukon just an innocent error on my part. I have taken a dall on a guided hunt in the yukon. I have never hidden the fact that I have gone on guided hunts. Just to set the record straight Bear Valley I have stated publicly many times over my career representing resident hunters as a member of the BCWF executive that I supported a viable guiding industry. Now not so much! What eroded my support? Mainly the GOABC's lobbying to have bighorns in region 4 taken off quota. Conservation and concern for the resource gave way to greed.. Is that the bench mark of the guiding industry? Pretty sad if it is.

gerrygoat
12-22-2014, 09:13 PM
The GOABC to me is the enemy, they superficially pretend to be friends but have no problems stabbing us in the back. At least the anti hunters don't pretend like that anyways.........

If I was for some reason an outfitter, I sure would be backing away fast from the GOABC by now.

goinghunting
12-22-2014, 09:23 PM
To be truly honest with you going hunting, I probably "get it" better than most on this issue.
I find it hilarious when someone calls for a moratorium on non resident hunting in our province while he hunts in another jurisdiction as a non resident.
I find it hilarious when a resident hunter bitches about guided non residents taking away hunting opportunities but it's fine for him to take non residents out to harvest our wildlife.
I find it hilarious when I see the sensationalized headlines. Outfitters are stealing 40%....30%.....25% or whatever number wants to be thrown out of the resident hunters winter meat supply.
What's really funny is when you explain allocation and how it used to someone that really listens the go "Really".
Thats not what the news said.
This whole allocation mix up is a creation of greed. And not just from the GOABC corner.
It's been fuelled by a few grudge packers from the old days with an axe to grind with GOABC. And I'm not going to lump Jesse with the axe grinders yet because I do believe to him conservation and wildlife do matter.
We all want to bitch about outfitters, natives and wolves but the ones that are screwing up hunting are us. The Resident Hunters.
I hate to tell you goinghuntig but the ones that get it in this deal are some of the BCWF guys I've talked to off forum, some outfitters and some of the general public. More will figure it out. Some never will.
In the meantime I'll try to get it. But you got to remember I'm a simple outfitter.

Trust me we all get it that your a simple minded outfitter! Doesnt matter to any of us that bridger killed a ram on a guided hunt good on him. Your dwelling on a fact that is irrelevent to gain support, your smoke and mirrors wont work here. Resident hunters wouldnt want to end nonresident hunting if the goabc wasnt getting so greedy. The outfitters getting a bigger share of our fragile leh groups that residents work to conserve and preserve is a load of crap. Gos on region 4 bighorns is crap and you trying to defend it is an even bigger load of crap! The resources in this province should be for Bc residents first and everyone else after that!

Jagermeister
12-22-2014, 09:33 PM
I brought this issue to them last week. I have had a reply, however I am still waiting for a further response from their marketing department.
I will post what I eventually get back from them. Nevertheless, you all can voice your displeasure with their "Outfitters Wild Card Program". Point out that the guides do not spend the money that say the members of BCWF do as nor no where the amount of the unaffiliated hunters and fishers.

Daybreak
12-22-2014, 09:40 PM
I will watch to see what response you get. Thanks J.

Gateholio
12-22-2014, 09:53 PM
Boycotting WSS, calling out the WSSOBC, etc etc....this shit divides us and makes it easy to lose focus. I understand some are all fired up, so am I.

But keep your eye on the ball. Focus on what's important. Channel your energies to the government. Don't waste it on a discount. Cripes.

Fisher-Dude
12-22-2014, 10:19 PM
Boycotting WSS, calling out the WSSOBC, etc etc....this shit divides us and makes it easy to lose focus. I understand some are all fired up, so am I.

But keep your eye on the ball. Focus on what's important. Channel your energies to the government. Don't waste it on a discount. Cripes.

^^^ This.

The effort to slap away at WSS or WSSoBC should be directed to slapping your MLA around until they pull GOABC's nose out of Christy Clark's arsehole.

Write another letter to your MLA and get noticed by someone who can make a difference in this whole debacle.

Jagermeister
12-22-2014, 10:22 PM

It's not about the discounts Clark. It's about retaliation. It's about telling the retailers that we are unhappy with the unwarranted support for the GOABC.

Fisher-Dude
12-22-2014, 10:28 PM
It's not about the discounts Clark. It's about retaliation. It's about telling the retailers that we are unhappy with the unwarranted support for the GOABC.

Did the retailers have anything whatsoever to do with the policy? Nope.

Blow your anger at your MLA, rather than at a blameless retailer.

By wasting energy on WSS, you're falling directly into the deflection trap that GOABC and the government want you to.

HarryToolips
12-22-2014, 10:32 PM
^^^ This.

The effort to slap away at WSS or WSSoBC should be directed to slapping your MLA around until they pull GOABC's nose out of Christy Clark's arsehole.

Write another letter to your MLA and get noticed by someone who can make a difference in this whole debacle.
Exactly...

Ry151
12-22-2014, 10:33 PM
Well both Float Plane companies in Dease are now owned Guide Outfitters that would be an easy one to target.
Not many aviation companies can handle a bad year let alone two back to back.

Lillypuff
12-22-2014, 10:38 PM
none of us should guide for them either. I am sure alot of guys on here have.

Gateholio
12-22-2014, 10:40 PM

What it really is is a pointless waste of time and energy for virtually no benefit. Lets say WSS drops everything and cuts off a discount they may have had for years to make you happy. What then? What have you really accomplished to further resident hunters allocation in BC? Nothing.

GOABC would love to see us infighting, turning on each other, and going off on pointless tangents instead of continuing to put pressure on our MLA's.

Bugle M In
12-22-2014, 10:51 PM
Sometimes you have to unite the groups in a "Solidarity" style movement if it is for a greater good, which in this case, would be reversing the decision made on Dec10th by politicians, and sending the GOABC back to the ditches.
But hey, the way we have been going for years is working, isn't it........????
MLA's needs pressure from many groups, if not, consider Dec10th written in stone.

Spy
12-22-2014, 11:55 PM
Its a frustrating time for sure ! I have worked with various outfitters form a fair amount of years. I can easily say I never had a problem finding game for my clients and have NEVER had an issue with a 'resident hunter' ever.
One thing I might say is ( which has always kinda pissed me off) is MANY outfitters make THIS statement out loud non stop , " Our number ONE enemy is the resident hunter". NOW... wouldn't it be kinda STUPID to make that statement about THOUSANDS of people you have never even met EVER ????...... then to top it off a few of these individuals are NOT EVEN FROM HERE !!!......... now , is it 'just me' ? or is that move alone kinda INSANE ???? anyway , before I go off on a rant.... 'boycotting' a group who has made it clear for years " THE RESIDENT HUNTER IS OUR NUMBER ONE ENEMY " for YEARS might not be very possible. A few of these outfitters are actually presently stuffing knives in MY back claiming I am making problems for them as well.... WTF ???..... anyway , 'enough is enough' for sure...... a few people need a spanking pretty bad.... I am a resident hunter - PERIOD and have been since I was 12. take take take....... and TAKE , holy eff......
To hear you come out like you are and to hear your frustration helps all resident hunters unite. This fight has only just begun! Im all for calling for a one year monitoriam on guided hunts. Let them stew for a year. Let non resident hunters know they are not welcome. I hear you all calling for 90/10 split how about zero split! How hilarious does that sound now Bearvalley, keep talking and poking I am to everyone who will listen!

Spy
12-23-2014, 12:06 AM
Do we really need guides anyway???? Im so done with this crap it will be allot easier to just shut them down than negotiating with them and the government! Who else could care less if guides ceased to exist! I dont really care if they shut all hunting down to Non residents. the more this carries on the less sympathy I have for guides! They are just not getting it, we dont care anymore. **** 90/10 Im calling for ZERO now. Did not think I would be doing this but I hate bullies/thieves/liers !!!!!!

dougan
12-23-2014, 12:15 AM
Guides still have kids to feed and bills to pay . This whole mess is a sad reality that government doesn't give a shit about anything but there own agenda . They will tell you what you want to hear to make you feel herd but they do what they want period. It's all bullshit and most believe the bullshit . But it's only to control the masses .

BlacktailStalker
12-23-2014, 12:31 AM

So does CABELAS

Spy
12-23-2014, 12:31 AM
Guides still have kids to feed and bills to pay . This whole mess is a sad reality that government doesn't give a shit about anything but there own agenda . They will tell you what you want to hear to make you feel herd but they do what they want period. It's all bullshit and most believe the bullshit . But it's only to control the masses .
I dont really care anymore Really I don't! The Gov did not just one day decide, the guides need more, it was months and years of lobbying by the GOABC that changed their minds. Guides are just as much to blame without them there would be no GOABC !!!

bruin
12-23-2014, 12:41 AM
So does CABELAS

So does Kuiu, Sitka, Mystery Ranch, Kifaru, Underarmour etc

Everett
12-23-2014, 03:52 AM
Do we really need guides anyway???? Im so done with this crap it will be allot easier to just shut them down than negotiating with them and the government! Who else could care less if guides ceased to exist! I dont really care if they shut all hunting down to Non residents. the more this carries on the less sympathy I have for guides! They are just not getting it, we dont care anymore. **** 90/10 Im calling for ZERO now. Did not think I would be doing this but I hate bullies/thieves/liers !!!!!!

This is the line the BCWF needs to take no more non residents hunting in BC period we don't even have shut down the industry just shut off there supply of clients it will die or adapt to servicing the needs of residents.

Bugle M In
12-23-2014, 04:23 AM
So does Kuiu, Sitka, Mystery Ranch, Kifaru, Underarmour etc

It would be hard to boycott manufactures for sure.
But this is a BC Problem, so targeting places in BC that support GO's would be the real focus.
I don't have to go to Cabela's or Wholesale etc, I will go to Reliable or Italian, as I know they are Resident Hunters First.
Don't get me wrong, I'll go to Cabelas to see what size fits me!, but I'll go to the other guys above to order in and purchase, and they price match!:wink:
Hit the businesses that would still feel GO's and GOABC are the right side of the fence to sit on.

mcmullmar
12-23-2014, 06:29 AM
I for one will not use a guiding service. It had been on my bucket list to have a guided hunt, but it has now been removed as something I will never do.

Alpine Addict
12-23-2014, 07:39 AM
I for one will keep supporting the guide industry. But as for reasoning it would be a waste of time with this crowd.

12-23-2014, 08:21 AM
I for one will not use a guiding service. It had been on my bucket list to have a guided hunt, but it has now been removed as something I will never do.

Go for it. do a Guided Hunt. There are some out there. And certainly lots of OTHER GUIDES in other places like Alberta, Yukon, NWT, Alaska, smaller populations of people different allocations. They to have idiots at the top that are interested in nothing but big, corporate greed to make their own wallets thicker ...... hence the Non Resident Owners ...... do you think they are thinking of BC Residents ! Not likely.

REMINGTON JIM
12-23-2014, 08:30 AM
I for one will keep supporting the guide industry. But as for reasoning it would be a waste of time with this crowd.

So Alpine Addict your FINE with the new allocation they have set up ! - GREAT Hey ! More animals for the guide-outfitters and LESS for the Residents of BC - I am NOT against the Guide Outfitters but as Dead Dog says i am against getting SCREWED over by them and the BC Gov ! RJ

bridger
12-23-2014, 08:33 AM
Given the subsidies afforded the guiding industry by government perhaps the outfitters finding their operations economically unstable should look in the mirror instead of asking for more from the resident hunter. Perhaps the simple truth is that we have more outfitting business's than we can can sustain. Sad but something to consider. Happens in other industries.

dgl1948
12-23-2014, 08:51 AM
It would be hard to boycott manufactures for sure.
But this is a BC Problem, so targeting places in BC that support GO's would be the real focus.
I don't have to go to Cabela's or Wholesale etc, I will go to Reliable or Italian, as I know they are Resident Hunters First.
Don't get me wrong, I'll go to Cabelas to see what size fits me!, but I'll go to the other guys above to order in and purchase, and they price match!:wink:
Hit the businesses that would still feel GO's and GOABC are the right side of the fence to sit on.

Maybe BCWF should ask for a discount from the chain stores for their members, after all they are the majority of the customers.

325 wsm
12-23-2014, 09:17 AM
Given the subsidies afforded the guiding industry by government perhaps the outfitters finding their operations economically unstable should look in the mirror instead of asking for more from the resident hunter. Perhaps the simple truth is that we have more outfitting business's than we can can sustain. Sad but something to consider. Happens in other industries.

Probably will happen. just like in the cities when walmart opens and all the mom and pop stores cant afford to operate any more. good way to take power away from BC residents who run the mom and pop organizations.

bearvalley
12-23-2014, 09:19 AM
Merry Xmas, boys and girls. Don't pass too many lumps of coal around the campfire. Jim, as I said before I'd sure enjoy being a bystander at your family table. Bridger carry on with your ram slams. Everybody follow the numbers game, I don't think it's done yet.
If anything shows up under the tree from Cabelas, WSS etc, make sure you return it for cash.
I don't think I'd hold my breath on choking out the outfitting business. You townies need to remember that more than a few of them are FN owned. Not that I would endorse it, but I would bet you'd see more pow- wows than just the one on the Klappan if you push to shut it all down.
As Willy said " I'm pretty sure the allocation thing is done other than Region 4 sheep", so you guys keep on digging like gophers.
Carry on in the the cyber sandbox...... boys.

BiG Boar
12-23-2014, 09:20 AM
So the BCWF had no idea this was going down? Or did they know and just choose not to tell us? I have been a member for many years and I'd just like to hope they did thier best.

325 wsm
12-23-2014, 09:25 AM
Maybe BCWF should ask for a discount from the chain stores for their members, after all they are the majority of the customers.
instead of 10% discount maybe you could get 5 and another 5 could go to BCWF to support wildlife enhancement.

bridger
12-23-2014, 09:39 AM
instead of 10% discount maybe you could get 5 and another 5 could go to BCWF to support wildlife enhancement.

I like that idea!

Fisher-Dude
12-23-2014, 09:54 AM

Already exists: http://bcwf.net/index.php/donate/affiliates

goinghunting
12-23-2014, 09:19 PM
Merry Xmas, boys and girls. Don't pass too many lumps of coal around the campfire. Jim, as I said before I'd sure enjoy being a bystander at your family table. Bridger carry on with your ram slams. Everybody follow the numbers game, I don't think it's done yet.
If anything shows up under the tree from Cabelas, WSS etc, make sure you return it for cash.
I don't think I'd hold my breath on choking out the outfitting business. You townies need to remember that more than a few of them are FN owned. Not that I would endorse it, but I would bet you'd see more pow- wows than just the one on the Klappan if you push to shut it all down.
As Willy said " I'm pretty sure the allocation thing is done other than Region 4 sheep", so you guys keep on digging like gophers.

Sure wish you had the balls to mention what territory you own bearvalley. Id love to pay you a visit next september........

Drillbit
12-23-2014, 09:41 PM
^ I'd like to know that too.

I'll do my part.

I'll take the boys from the Rez moose hunting in the local guides areas.

40incher
12-23-2014, 11:15 PM

Why don't you just fade away to black!!

If everything is as you say then resident hunters are screwed!! ... So why not shut up and watch??

We'll just move forward without your BS comments.

Paulyman
12-23-2014, 11:19 PM
I like that idea!

So do i! I think it's a good one.

bearvalley
12-23-2014, 11:22 PM
Why don't you just fade away to black!!

If everything is as you say then resident hunters are screwed!! ... So why not shut up and watch??

We'll just move forward without your BS comments.

....looks to me that someone's having an emotional moment. Sure glad your not the driving force behind either team. They would be screwed!!

bearvalley
12-23-2014, 11:32 PM
there is a lot worse out there than bearvalley.... lets focus on getting rid of the Thomson allocation policy,.if I recall Bearvalley was fine with the previous allocation ...keep pounding on the mla's to overturn this policy and we will make some headway..
Jim, you've seen the impact I've had either way. Man I tell you though, the true colours are coming out and I sympathize for you on what you have to call a team. I've found it wise to understand an issue before you pick up the torch. Through out this entire issue it is unbelievable how few really understand BCs hunting opportunities and what it takes to keep them in place. They'd rather shake their fists and squeal.

40incher
12-23-2014, 11:43 PM
....looks to me that someone's having an emotional moment. Sure glad your not the driving force behind either team. They would be screwed!!

I will abide by my family and their right to hunt a public resource. I will not step aside because of bullshit and GO pressure! I am only a driving force for my beliefs and convictions! Nothing else. You are a GO apologist, right!!

Resident Hunters will accept 90/10, have a problem with that!! Obviously, you do.

I am a driving force behind the average resident hunter, I speak my mind, and will continue to do so ...

Nothing wrong with resident hunter "emotion", as opposed to profit-based GO crap.

Fade to black bud ... and you will do all your GO friends a favour!

Paulyman
12-23-2014, 11:46 PM
Bear valley, is this your neck of the woods?
http://www.doubleeagleoutfitters.com/prices-dates/

bearvalley
12-23-2014, 11:53 PM
Bear valley, is this your neck of the woods?
http://www.doubleeagleoutfitters.com/prices-dates/
How come? You a booking agent?

Paulyman
12-23-2014, 11:59 PM
How come? You a booking agent? i need your contact info, so do a few others here.

bearvalley
12-24-2014, 12:08 AM
Paula,it's probably better you play and stay where you live. The ones on here that count know how to contact me. The rest I could care less about. Now I'm starting to sound like Willy. You got to give him credit for calling a spade a spade or a turd a turd. Have a good evening pretending you're a hunter. Your avatar says it all.

Gamebuster
12-24-2014, 12:29 AM
How about this one bearvalley?

bcsafaris.com

Stone Sheep Steve
12-24-2014, 07:00 AM
Pretty proud and happy with the team we have, the resident hunting community has never been stronger, while there are passionate people on the resident side of this issue, unlike goabc they do it in an upfront and honest manner. Everyone's understanding of the issue is different. Hell , GOABC still cannot "understand" that the policy is having a negative impact on the resident hunting community. So at the end of the day I would rather be on a team that shakes fist and squeals, than that of GOABC who sneaks around in the dark , making back room deals and stabbing people in the back. Proud to be a member of BCWF and the resident hunting "team"..

Well said, Jim!
Taking the high road is the only approach for the BCWF. Stooping down to the level of the GOABC simply isn't an option. The people woorking hard for the BCWF are all doing it for the right reasons......Not to get rich, not for the fame.....but because it's the right thing to do.

No doubt this is an extremey emotonal issue for both sides and people are getting fired right up. It's funny how a lot of posts become more emotional as the evening progresses. Come on peope! It's the holiday season. You should be indulging all day!

All kidding aside, i have never seen so many people united against one issue like this. There are many different opinions on how to correct this unjust decision. Channel that anger into something usefull. Keep the ideas and letters flowing.

SSS

Daybreak
12-24-2014, 08:24 AM
CBC Radio has picked up the story of allotments which heavily favour the GOABC. A spokesman for BCWF was interviewed and says the membership is now snowballing like never before; 45,000 members and growing rapidly by the day as a direct result of this debacle. His explanation was that the Liberal government is trying to support the GOABC in recovering from the economic downturn of 2008. If that's their argument it's pretty weak. Makes no sense to try to cater to a few whilst alienating so many.

45,000 is a huge amount of votes and the great thing is they are spread so widely throughout the province. Unless they rescind this decision they will get punted in many areas. A nerve has been struck and the backlash has only just begun.

BearValley, your antagonistic posts are serving the resident hunters well. You are stirring people up more than ever. Keep up the good work.

dryflyguy57
12-24-2014, 08:57 AM
Paula,it's probably better you play and stay where you live. The ones on here that count know how to contact me. The rest I could care less about. Now I'm starting to sound like Willy. You got to give him credit for calling a spade a spade or a turd a turd. Have a good evening pretending you're a hunter. Your avatar says it all.
You are just a shit disturber really . Most on here are wise to your so called arguements .

Smiley
12-24-2014, 10:50 AM
This may be a more complicated issue than it appears to be (as is often the case), nonetheless it just doesn't feel right to me - a resident hunter.
Replying to Shack (p1) "I unfortunately think this would be of very little influence, or harm to GOABC, I just don't think enough of the revenues generated by the guides originates "in province". "
FWIW I have several friends who are fishing guides and can tell you that local and personal referrals constitute a significant part of their business. My sense is that a boycott would have an impact.

Salty
12-24-2014, 11:26 AM
FWIW I have several friends who are fishing guides and can tell you that local and personal referrals constitute a significant part of their business. My sense is that a boycott would have an impact.

Plus the the statisticians tell us that 10 positive endorsements have the same effect as one negative well founded nonendorsement.

Fred1
12-24-2014, 11:41 AM
I am guide. I will contiue to do so. I am also a resident hunter. I see this whole issue as a just greed on both parts. I believe all Outfitters should be on a quota system I believe all our FN shouold be too - or at least on the same basis as the rest of us regarding tages a bag limits. (The unregulated FN harvest ...yeesh - another thread). Boycotting outfitters is a waste of time and focus - the guy I guide for has had one resident hunter in 50 some odd years. So really there will be almost no impact in doing this - besides the dollar is dropping and the Yanks will be flowing across the borders more frequently. Focus the energy where it matters - at our gov't. As said, write a letter, sign a petition, use your voice - thats how we get change. Support the ones who are working for us as resident hunters! One thing for sure, the way it is going isnt good for all of us.
As for the guy who figures he'll bring all his FN buddies up to some outfitters area and hunt the crap out of it - LMAO that comment was straight out your ass - grow up you keyboard mouth piece. Threats on the web...LMAO! Heres one out my (_*_) you would never get them that motivated anyway.... ;)

chilcotin hillbilly
12-24-2014, 11:55 AM
Well put Fred1

Salty
12-24-2014, 11:57 AM
Focus the energy where it matters - at our gov't. As said, write a letter, sign a petition, use your voice - thats how we get change. Support the ones who are working for us as resident hunters! One thing for sure, the way it is going isnt good for all of us.

Don't think for a minute Fred that the government is off the hook on this one I've written my letters and then some. But, I don't trust that they are going to rescind this stolen allocation transfer. And if that happens we're left with fewer options, one of them to put more pressure on the very people that paid the money to steal our quota. The GOABC. Its that simple.

chilcotin hillbilly
12-24-2014, 12:06 PM
Pressure should be on the government to control FN harvest. In Region 5 it is incredible the amount of wasted meat left in the bush. BC should have a law against leaving meat in the bush for all of us including the FN. With cow harvest destroying the moose populations it does not seem to make a difference to the FN's at least not enough of them to matter.
More game in the field equals more hunting opportunity.We would not be having this discussion if everyone hunted predators and the FN's acted like stewards of the land.

Alpine Addict
12-24-2014, 12:09 PM
I am guide. I will contiue to do so. I am also a resident hunter. I see this whole issue as a just greed on both parts. I believe all Outfitters should be on a quota system I believe all our FN shouold be too - or at least on the same basis as the rest of us regarding tages a bag limits. (The unregulated FN harvest ...yeesh - another thread). Boycotting outfitters is a waste of time and focus - the guy I guide for has had one resident hunter in 50 some odd years. So really there will be almost no impact in doing this - besides the dollar is dropping and the Yanks will be flowing across the borders more frequently. Focus the energy where it matters - at our gov't. As said, write a letter, sign a petition, use your voice - thats how we get change. Support the ones who are working for us as resident hunters! One thing for sure, the way it is going isnt good for all of us.
As for the guy who figures he'll bring all his FN buddies up to some outfitters area and hunt the crap out of it - LMAO that comment was straight out your ass - grow up you keyboard mouth piece. Threats on the web...LMAO! Heres one out my (_*_) you would never get them that motivated anyway.... ;)

X2, Well Put.

Fred1
12-24-2014, 12:19 PM
Don't think for a minute Fred that the government is off the hook on this one I've written my letters and then some. But, I don't trust that they are going to rescind this stolen allocation transfer. And if that happens we're left with fewer options, one of them to put more pressure on the very people that paid the money to steal our quota. The GOABC. Its that simple.

This is good! I have decided to step up my part and write a letter - doing it now - on my break of course... I agree govt change is a tough thing to do once the wise and wealthy powers make their educated non-bias decisions - at best its painfully slow (always reactive and never proactive and of course for the best interest concerned ). But it is always about and comes down to the $$$$$. Im sure our gracious govt would love to do away with resident tags and make everything an LEH as well as throw the Outfitters a few bones - far easier and cheaper to manage and the revenue would be greater and easier to attain - which makes sense -and would totally blooooowwwww!! I just dont think much pressure will be generated from boycotting a service that most of us dont use? I dont shop at MEC because of some of their view on hunters and I dont think their business is going to hurt because of it. - they are targetting a differnt client - like most of the outfitters. Im not the most educated guy on this whole topic, but im still reading and evaluating what the experts are posting. ;)

Salty
12-24-2014, 12:32 PM
I just dont think much pressure will be generated from boycotting a service that most of us dont use?

Agreed our direct business to them is very small. But I have been asked many times in my travels when people learn I'm a resident hunter of BC for recommendations of where to go and which guide to use for a given hunt. This through traveling, friends out of country, internet forums etc. I'll still give nearby advice it will be in Alberta, the Yukon or Alaska and I'll go out of my way to explain how the GOABC and the BC Liberals have sold resident hunters out behind the scenes and also thrown conservation out the window when there wasn't enough allocation to steal so they just added more animals from numbers to be left for insured conservation. That's the moccasin telegraph end of it there will be a lot more non passive spreading of this information through various media.

riflebuilder
12-24-2014, 12:44 PM
Exactly...

x2 we need to put the pressure on the MLA's they are the only ones who can change this. They won't have my vote next time, maybe we need a new right wing party.

BimmerBob
12-24-2014, 01:12 PM
x2 we need to put the pressure on the MLA's they are the only ones who can change this. They won't have my vote next time, maybe we need a new right wing party.

Absolutely we need a more libertarian leaning party and the BC Liberals are certainly not it however the alternatives seem much less appealing. The NDP are most certainly not a friend of the hunting community or the taxpayers of any constituency I shudder to think of the mess we would be in with them setting policy direction and spending the future to buy the idiots of today their free lunches.

I am not sure a boycott of Guides/Outfitters by the majority of resident hunters will do anything at all as the majority have never used their services to date and, with or without a boycott, are unlikely to use their services in future, so this is mostly just huffing a puffing in the wind.

I have been thinking about this entire issue since the shit has hit the fan on allocations and it would seem logical to me that unless there is a GOS in an area there should be zero availability of non-resident hunting in that area. If the game population in a given area is not abundant enough to support GOS then it is not abundant enough to support a guide operation for foreign or domestic sale. The LEH lottery is, in my humble opinion, just a money grab by the government and a lazy way to actually manage the game populations by the people charged with its stewardship. Has there, so far in this province, been an area that has changed from LEH to GOS ever?

To me game management should be about getting to a GOS in as fast a way possible. In the past 50 years I have seen us move from abundance and all GOS to what we have now with less and less opportunity for a resident hunter to actually hunt and be successful without having to spend a significant amount of money and time to travel to the limited areas with GOS.

Salty
12-24-2014, 01:29 PM
I am not sure a boycott of Guides/Outfitters by the majority of resident hunters will do anything at all as the majority have never used their services to date and, with or without a boycott, are unlikely to use their services in future, so this is mostly just huffing a puffing in the wind.

I don't think Ukraine boycotting Russia would have done much either if ya follow my drift. No as said few BC residents use GOABC services but BC resident hunters are just part of the equation. You'll note that even here at HBC here are way more lurkers than active posters and even in the membership many many people who are non BC residents. ;)

That's part of the problem with people we tend to have tunnel vision. Much like the GOABC thinking that this stolen allocation policy would do them good beyond a year down the road.

kootenaycarver
12-24-2014, 03:26 PM
I tip my hat to Bridger and Proguide66. Thanks for putting resident hunters first.

coach
12-24-2014, 04:10 PM
Has there, so far in this province, been an area that has changed from LEH to GOS ever?

Kootenay elk come to mind..

BimmerBob
12-24-2014, 05:37 PM
Kootenay elk come to mind..

OMG, how did I miss that! But, is it already GOS or just part of this "policy" decision that on the surface looks very suspect in way of a game management plan?

coach
12-24-2014, 05:47 PM
OMG, how did I miss that! But, is it already GOS or just part of this "policy" decision that on the surface looks very suspect in way of a game management plan?

It changed to GOS for residents a few years ago. My apologies if you were referring to allocated areas becoming GOS for guides. I thought you were asking about areas changing from LEH to GOS for the rest of us. Whitetail does did the same ..

Stone Sheep Steve
12-24-2014, 06:35 PM

You can can thank a former manager who retired then went to work for the GOABC for that restrictive LEH season.

444 marlin
12-25-2014, 01:11 AM
are you a liberal mla?

Spy
12-25-2014, 01:57 AM
Its pretty easy we can play dirty to! Guides might own their territory's but they cant keep us out! We can hunt the same game they are, we just have to get up earlier be there before them and their clients & harvest the animals they are hunting, before they get a chance! We have the numbers & can be on every cut, every mountain, everywhere they go we will be there first. We can take over & we will see how good that will be for business. We can & will be a thorn in their sides. We can follow their every move and one up them on every hunt! Pretty hard to compete when their is a resident hunter camped on every corner in your area ;-).We can spread the word through social media. Hunts will be canceled all over when the word gets out that you have 1000 extra guys hunting the same area uyou want to. two can play this game! We the resident hunters are not going to let you get away with this, we have the numbers and we are going to use them. :-)

BimmerBob
12-25-2014, 09:58 AM
It changed to GOS for residents a few years ago. My apologies if you were referring to allocated areas becoming GOS for guides. I thought you were asking about areas changing from LEH to GOS for the rest of us. Whitetail does did the same ..

No need for apologies Coach, you read it right, that is exactly what I was talking about, thanks for setting me straight. I have not hunted that area but once so completely overlooked the changes there.

I think my main point is that if an area is not abundant enough in game to be GOS then there should be no sales of it to non-residents. The LEH lottery is a complete money grab and certainly not, in my view, a worthwhile game management technique it is just a way to make resident hunters jump through more hoops and take more of their money.

brno375
12-25-2014, 10:03 AM

Or even a simple "Would you like to round up for habitat enhancement?" when going through the till, just like a certain big chain south of the border.

12-25-2014, 05:13 PM
ANY OF YOU ...... BC RESIDENTS THAT ARE GUIDES FORbTHE GOABC MEMBERSHIP CAN ACTUALLY SAY ........

THESE DECISIONS ARE GOOD ....... REALLY REALLY A GOOD THING FOR THE RSIDENTS OF BC .........

THINK OF YOUR FUTURE FAMILIES AND GRAND KIDS ......... ITS JUST GREED THAT HAS NEVER TAKEN PLACE IN THE PROVINCE OF BC IN REGARDS TO HUNTING

IT IS JUST WRONG ..........

I STRESS AGAIN FOR THE GOABC, THE LIBERAL GOVERMENT, BCWF AS REPRESENTATIVES speaking for the public interest of BC RESIDENTS TO SIT DOWN AND REFIGURE THIS ENTIRE ALLOCATION POLICY.......

ITS JUST PLAIN DISRESECTFUL TO ALL BC OUTDOORS PERSONS .

YOU ARE NOT EVEN LISTENING TO THE VERY PEOPLE YOU HAVE WORKING FOR YOU OR THEIR RECOMMENDATIONS . THE BIOLOGISTS AND MANAGERS ,ITS STICKING EVERY TAXPAYER IN THE BACK PERIOD

YOUR CHEATING YOUR OWN PEOPLE .......... THINK AGAIN

Spy
12-25-2014, 05:33 PM
Give them an inch now they will take a yard later !

Salty
12-25-2014, 05:40 PM
Give them an inch now they will take a yard later !

Especially with this government BC IS FOR SALE-------- CHEAP!! A few 5 figure donations to the BC Liberals and you can buy public resources right out of the hands of the resident's share no problem. Moose, sheep, elk, rivers its all up for grabs get it while its hot..

I guess we should have paid more attention to their mantra 'BC is open for business'