PDA

View Full Version : Foot of Harris Road open or not?

MichelD
12-22-2014, 01:13 PM
Went to Harris Road on Saturday and a sign on the gate says "this portion of the dike right of way closed to the discharge of firearms."

The Fraser Valley regulations map indicates that it is indeed closed to the left (southwest direction of the end of the road) and open to the right in the northeast direction.

So the sign appears to state that the whole dike is closed by I'm not certain that is true. Does anyone know for sure?

Dano
12-22-2014, 03:37 PM
I'm assuming you mean at the north end of Harris rd? You can't shoot off the Dyke. You can shoot on the foreshore towards the river (away from the dyke). You still must be 150m from buildings on the other side of the dyke.

Discoverer
12-22-2014, 05:03 PM
As Dano said - you can't shoot from the dyke, but North foreshore off the Harris road is open for hunting.

MichelD
12-22-2014, 06:17 PM
Yeah, north end of the road and yes, I didn't mean I wanted to shoot off the dyke, I was wondering if there was a new closure of the area.

Buck
12-22-2014, 06:50 PM
No new closure but the tide water is so high now there is no foreshore to hunt.I would pick another spot .Even Goose island is completely submerged.