PDA

View Full Version : Sitting in the blind. Last try for WT's

uraarchr
12-20-2014, 08:19 AM
Got the BUDDY heater goin.nice and warm.Hopefully a doe or maybe even buck walks by.lots walkin by at 45 yds so I moved the blind.Good luck to anyone whos out today.

uraarchr
12-20-2014, 08:27 AM
Lotsa vehicular traffic this morn

waserwolf
12-20-2014, 09:53 AM
Good Luck Urarcher.
Shoot straight and Knock One Down.
Most of all, enjoy your Hunt.

coach
12-20-2014, 09:57 AM
Good luck out there!

300H&H
12-20-2014, 10:15 AM
I wish I was out but my back is KILLING ME.
So it looks like I have gone without getting my deer this year.
Oh well turkeys in the spring.

Ourea
12-20-2014, 01:00 PM
I'm heading out for my final sit shortly.

Sofa King
12-20-2014, 01:35 PM
it's +8 today and you are using your heater?
the deer can probably sense the tropic weather near your blind and are holding back.

Sofa King
12-20-2014, 01:36 PM
your Hawaiian shirts don't work as well as camo.

butcher
12-20-2014, 03:44 PM
Just bailed on my last day to get to a hockey game. Cut the season short, only 40 days in the field.

uraarchr
12-20-2014, 10:55 PM
Was -2 when i was drivin in.I moved the blind up and sat.the deer walked by even higher.lesson learned.BRUSH IN THE BLIND.This was a new area for me this year and I have an idea of how they travel in there. Can't wait til next season.

GoatGuy
12-21-2014, 12:15 AM
Set the blind up a week or two ahead of time so they get used to it. Then they will simply walk right by! ;)

Sofa King
12-21-2014, 12:21 AM
Was -2 when i was drivin in.I moved the blind up and sat.the deer walked by even higher.lesson learned.BRUSH IN THE BLIND.This was a new area for me this year and I have an idea of how they travel in there. Can't wait til next season.

lay down scent, more scent, salt block, apples, do a huge hail mary for the end.
I always try to put the blind against some trees or just into them.
and I take branches and stick in the snow all over around it to break it up more and try to distract from something new.

coach
12-21-2014, 12:59 AM
lay down scent, more scent, salt block, apples, do a huge hail mary for the end.
and I take branches and stick in the snow all over around it to break it up more and try to distract from something new.

Great advice.. From the guy who has more pics of tracks and shit than anyone else in the history of HBC..

Sofa King
12-21-2014, 01:00 AM
Great advice.. From the guy who has more pics of tracks and shit than anyone else in the history of HBC..

yup, I'm eating track soup with shit skittles as we speak.

coach
12-21-2014, 01:04 AM
yup, I'm eating track soup with shit skittles as we speak.

Oh well, if Adriaticum could have shot a little straighter you'd have at least put half a deer in the freezer..

HarryToolips
12-21-2014, 01:15 AM
Was cold out today due to rain, sleet etc but still a good time, almost got one...just outa my range and she turned oh well...man are they spooky..

Sofa King
12-21-2014, 01:18 AM
Oh well, if Adriaticum could have shot a little straighter you'd have at least put half a deer in the freezer..

hahaha.
we talked about that one for quite awhile at the fire that night.
knew there'd be some ribbing for years to come on that one.
ahhhh, it all makes us better hunters in the long run though.

I could have tagged out in September, but I always view the majority of the season as scouting more than anything.
hunting ain't fun for me until there's some good snow on the ground.
but, these last couple winters have shown that the late season just ain't what it used to be.
it ends up being no snow, or the snow that is there is crunchy as all hell.
looks like I might be changing to tagging early and still getting in lots of great late season fishing.
I look at this season's passed-on deer as that they'll all be that much bigger next season.
it's all good.

Sofa King
12-21-2014, 01:19 AM
Was cold out today due to rain, sleet etc but still a good time, almost got one...just outa my range and she turned oh well...man are they spooky..

oh well.
still beats a day at work.
or doing almost anything else for that matter.

Ourea
12-21-2014, 01:40 AM

Dualie/sofa king.... ur advice and comments .....are endless...on every single topic......no matter what the issue is.
You remind me of my sister in-law.

Please share an actual successes story.... so we can all learn from ur vast and endless knowledge and tactics that have actually put a single giant MD/WT/Moose/Sheep/Elk/rabbit/squirrel on the ground?

If you can advise or critique my technics or approach so I can grow as a hunter.... I would embrace ur expertise....as it appears endless....no matter what the topic.
We are all here to learn.

Hoping you can help me out.
Thanks.

:smile:

Not a personal attack but just trying to pull from your endless knowledge as I am always looking for help.

Stone Sheep Steve
12-21-2014, 06:55 AM
Sofa King takes excellent pictures and sure puts on lots of miles.

uraarchr
12-21-2014, 08:27 AM
Thanksfor the advice guys.I also really enjoy the late season hunt.This yr wasnt cold enough and lack of snow.Those two factors seem to make a big difference in the late season archery hunt for me.I bow hunted a lot this season and while I didnt punch a tag I enjoyed my time out.Saw a Okanagan 6 pt bull elk at less than a 100 yds with my boys (just not enough time to shoot).That itself is huge for me.Already cant stop thinkin about next season.