PDA

View Full Version : Reg 2 BCWF MEETING WED 17th AT SANDMAN WALNUT GROVE

12-16-2014, 06:17 PM
Be there be square ...... DEC 17 Wednesday not tonight........

WILDLIFE ALLOCATION MEETING 7 pm

Should be interesting

CT

sorry boys and girls ....... Thread would not allow me to edit title.

Whonnock Boy
12-16-2014, 06:19 PM
It's tomorrow....

Steeleco
12-16-2014, 07:42 PM
Title fixed, but it's been posted a few times, if they don't know by now. Their computer is broke LOL

Make sure you get the right hotel there's 2 Sandman's in Walnut Grove! One south of the freeway, one north. You can see one from the other.

Public Meeting on Wildlife Allocation - Langley
Wednesday, December 17th, 2014 at 7:00 pm
Sandman Signature Hotel - Willoughby Room
8828 201st St., Langley, B.C.
Hosted by BCWF Region 2 - Lower Mainland

https://www.google.ca/maps/vt/data=U4aSnIyhBFNIJ3A8fCzUmaVIwyWq6RtIfB4QKiGq_w,wj jlyVJ77ONsPqjZ3KMXDCvM6J5bLaAI-MSGWNAGYOQF_w0DIFDqi6dQsVEVLPEKTRF5fXumOT3INOOa-zIn_1kBCLwA38Z_x21ihGGTUIiItvJB2_wS3LFP9EY

BCHunterTV
12-17-2014, 01:16 PM
I'll be coming to this meeting

Foxton Gundogs
12-17-2014, 01:50 PM
Still have room for 1 more coming from the Island on the 3:15 boat, someone must be wanting to take a cruise today.

one-shot-wonder
12-17-2014, 10:53 PM
Curious to know how it went? I assume there was some "fowl language"....

Steeleco
12-17-2014, 11:06 PM
He was MCing the festivities. Not sure all there gets is sense of HA HA, but made for a lighter event!! Couldn't stay the duration, but it was standing room only with bodies in the hallway. The pressure should be heating up in Victoria any time now.

coach
12-17-2014, 11:15 PM
Good to hear it was a packed house, Steelco. Looking forward to hearing the response from those in attendance.

Whonnock Boy
12-17-2014, 11:19 PM
I thought we would have seen more people attend. Out of those, I was surprised at how many had not yet written any letters, myself included. It's on my agenda, and I wanted to attend the meeting before doing so. With that said, I think things are just heating up.

coach
12-17-2014, 11:23 PM
Start writing, Whonnock Boy! No more HBC until you've sent at least one letter..:-D

coach
12-17-2014, 11:23 PM
How did the presentation go and how was the Q and A afterward?

12-17-2014, 11:30 PM
Went to the meeting and want to say IT WAS VERY WELL PRESENTED ANDATTENDED BY MANY THAT CARE WHATS GOING ON . That said, it's terribly UNSETTLING that the BC GOVERNMENT HAS KEPT THIS QUIET until about a week ago. So much for TRANSPARENCY , Then, policy is made by only POLITICAL DECISIONS and not science by are very own Biologists that work fOR the government. We as residents of BC owe it to our wildlife, to be sure it is MANAGED correctly, not by DOLLAR SIGNS, like the GOABC AND THE BC GOVERNMENT are seeing.
STAND UP AND BE HEARD EVERY ONE, it's been over thirty years since any thing remotely close to this has threatened our wild life and our Rights as BC RESIDENTS . Do your part now. Even if your a NON HUNTER, THIS POLICY THAT WAS PASSED AFFECTS the animal viewing opportunities too. If we do nothing, you can kiss what BC IS KNOWN FOR, the most abundant variety of game animals in North America. CT

adriaticum
12-17-2014, 11:40 PM
Good meeting.
Hunters showed up.
I liked GoatGuy's presentation
It has definitely given me a historical context this issue.

Whonnock Boy
12-17-2014, 11:41 PM
I asked that question. It sounds like they learned the lesson the hard way, and are never signing a confidentiality agreement again. Enough said.

Q&A was good coach. Asked a couple myself, including one on the gag order.

BC GOVERNMENT HAS KEPT THIS QUIET until about a week ago.

coach
12-17-2014, 11:50 PM
Sounds good, WB. Poor Adriaticum, you must have felt pretty self conscious in a room full of successful hunters..:grin:

We had a couple of outstanding people in the crowd last night. One was a former G/O who 100% backed our position and told us a lot about how things really are within GOABC. Particularly interesting was his comment that the "demographic change" is more responsible than anything for the difficulty GO's are having when it comes to running successful businesses. Another was a former wildlife manager, who was astonished at the GOS decision on R4 Sheep.

Amazing when you get in a room full of BCWF members how you realize you're part of a great community of volunteers. Great things can happen when we all work together.

12-17-2014, 11:54 PM
sounds good, wb. Poor adriaticum, you must have felt pretty self conscious in a room full of successful hunters..:grin:

We had a couple of outstanding people in the crowd last night. One was a former g/o who 100% backed our position and told us a lot about how things really are within goabc. Particularly interesting was his comment that the "demographic change" is more responsible than anything for the difficulty go's are having when it comes to running successful businesses. Another was a former wildlife manager, who was astonished at the gos decision on r4 sheep.

Amazing when you get in a room full of bcwf members how you realize you're part of a great community of volunteers. Great things can happen when we all work together.

bang on coach well said

Big Lew
12-17-2014, 11:58 PM
I was there and was very impressed with Jesse's presentation and clear explanation of
both the past and present situation. It's pretty grave what this government is trying to
pull off in their continuing zest to privatize each and everything within this province.
Even if you're an ultra right wing non-hunter you should be alarmed and concerned about
your future ability to enjoy anything to do with the outdoors unless you have a big wad of cash,
and even with your fist full of cash you'll have to stand in line behind the higher priority
non-residents. Pretty even scales....many hundred's of thousands of BC residents as opposed
to a few dozen businessmen that donate heavily to the Liberal cause. In the future many of
those entrepreneurs won't even be Canadian residents as well.

mikeman20
12-18-2014, 12:29 AM
Good meeting.
Hunters showed up.
I liked GoatGuy's presentation
It has definitely given me a historical context this issue.

The presenter is goatguy here? He really knew his stuff and got all my respect for his hard work

luckofthedraw
12-18-2014, 02:24 AM
Glad to hear of the good turnout. I know a few guys that attended and they sound positive from it. Any future locations please post up links or threads. I'd love to attend, but have no idea where/when.

Stone Sheep Steve
12-18-2014, 08:46 AM
The presenter is goatguy here? He really knew his stuff and got all my respect for his hard work

I have more respect this man than anyone that I have ever met. His motives are purely for doing the right thing for the resident hunters of this province.
You know he's done a great job when he is disliked so much by the GOABC and the likes. He (along with Wilf and others) have found so many skeletons in the closets at FLNRO, it's not even funny.
How dare he do what's right! ;)

Have a bottle of Forty Creek for the next time I see ya Jesse.

SSS

fowl language
12-18-2014, 09:04 AM
I would like to thank every one that showed up to the allocation meeting last night in Langley.there was 182 people there and 6 at the front table. for those of you that know now what is going on I urge you to become ambassadors of this cause and spread the word. this has far reaching implications not to just hunting but all outdoors sports that could be sold off to commercial ventures and is already happening. non hunters that enjoy the outdoors need to get informed and support us as well for this cause and their future. I asked how many had written letters already and about 20 hands went up .after jesse,s presentation I asked how many were now going to write letters ,there was a sea of hands. I hope this happens as this issue has had the most letters already sent to this ministry then any other cause and we need to keep it up till they get tired of it. ..we had support from region 8 and region 1 and region 3 could not make it ,but this shows the importance of this issue. thanks jesse for travelling down from Kelowna to share this with us and keep us informed. .there are other meetings being planned through out the province and will keep you informed....thanks again dale vidulich region2 pres.bcwf