PDA

View Full Version : Sitka Gear

BCHoyt
12-16-2014, 05:07 PM
Well I decided to buy some new lighter weight gear for spring bear hunting and early season archery hunts when its still a bit warmer. I was undecided between Sitka and Kuiu but with not being able to try on kuiu before buying I went with Sitka..

Especially after being able to try on the gear before purchasing.. I went with the Early Season Whitetail jacket and pants and from just wearing them around the house a couple times I love them and cant wait to try them in the woods this spring.. Plus I got a smoking deal on them at Wholesale on the weekend with 30% off..

After getting home I decided to order the hat and a core short sleeve shirt to go with the setup since they didnt have those in the store and also picked up Sitka's bow caddy for when I need to stop and glass..

If the gear perfoms as good as it feels and looks Ill definately be upgrading the rest of my winter gear from Under Armour to Sitka as well.

swampthing
12-16-2014, 10:04 PM
Its great stuff. I am wondering what you mean by "whitetail" jacket though. I sent santa[ my wife] down for the 30% sale too. A tip to consider when washing your Sitka is to use a UV killer/scent free soap like primos sells and then treat your outerwear with a waterproof spray after and hang dry. It adds a little extra water resistance.

Harv
12-16-2014, 10:09 PM
any of it that says "DWR" on it, is meant to tumble dry, i was hang drying my sitka rain gear for the longest time, but if you tumble dry it, it reactivates the DWR on the finish and water will bead off when it hits the gear

lorneparker1
12-16-2014, 10:19 PM
any of it that says "DWR" on it, is meant to tumble dry, i was hang drying my sitka rain gear for the longest time, but if you tumble dry it, it reactivates the DWR on the finish and water will bead off when it hits the gear

Dwr is for soft shells only.

Lorne

Harv
12-16-2014, 10:26 PM
my dew point coat has a dwr finish on it and I'm pretty sure the call that a hard shell but i dunno, all i know is water beads when i tumble dry it, it doesn't when i hang dry it

Harv.

todbartell
12-16-2014, 10:32 PM
I got way too much Sitka Gear, but it has always performed well for the most part. When I have had an issue, Sitka was great to deal with. I pretty much live in my Ascent Pants, Core hoody, Merino ZipT, Traverse hoody and 90% jacket all season

KevinB
12-17-2014, 11:44 AM
Dwr is for soft shells only.

Lorne

not to derail the thread, as I have nothing to add about Sitka Gear stuff but this is not correct... DWR treatments are applied to virtually all WPB hard shell fabrics.

swampthing
12-17-2014, 08:46 PM
I had no idea about this dwr tumble dry thing? Anybody got more to add?

Wentrot
12-17-2014, 09:08 PM

neither did I....off to google I go

BCHoyt
12-17-2014, 09:44 PM
Swampthing.. the early season whitetail jacket and pants are new to the sitka line.. check their website for info on em..

BillyBull
12-17-2014, 09:47 PM
Ascent and 90% pants are great to use and you can layers as needed.... use my vest kelvin vest almost year round as a nice lite option when out in the wide open spaces. Must say that its far easier to buy this stuff on sale, given most of the newer stuff for many of the manufactures is getting pricey.

todbartell
12-18-2014, 11:35 AM
I just seen the 2015 lineup of Sitka, some pretty awesome pieces coming!

swampthing
12-18-2014, 07:23 PM
Swampthing.. the early season whitetail jacket and pants are new to the sitka line.. check their website for info on em..

I thought I kept up on their line of products pretty well but I guess not. Spending too much time researching kuiu these days I guess. I will check out sitkas new goodies.

pete_k
12-18-2014, 07:42 PM
Jeez Bob, you make it sound like you've actually been near a washing machine in your lifetime. ha

BCHoyt
12-19-2014, 09:06 PM
Jeez Bob, you make it sound like you've actually been near a washing machine in your lifetime. ha

LMAO... I folded the laundry once and did it so wrong Im not allowed to fold anymore or put away! lol It worked!! haha

BCHoyt
12-24-2014, 06:50 AM
Went to take the dog out for his morning walk today and found a nice brown box next to the front door, flipped it around til I found the tag and woo hoo... My Sitka hat and shirt from Cabela's arrived.. Such nice gear!

Wentrot
12-24-2014, 08:46 AM
Scored a cloudburst jacket the other day. Can't wait to try er out, very impressed with my living room modeling thus far.

BCHoyt
12-24-2014, 08:58 AM
Sweet... Downpour line is next on my list..

swampthing
12-24-2014, 09:11 AM

I fold my dirty clothes and put em back in the drawer. Always shiny fresh next time I need em!