PDA

View Full Version : goldbridge mulies

4pointhunter
03-23-2007, 01:44 AM
has anyone hunted goldbridge area or have any advise on it, is it worth checking out?
thanks

BearSniper
03-23-2007, 08:59 AM
Hello 4 point

Was up in the Goldbridge area last spring looking for bear. Saw a real nice one but it was too close to the town to shoot.:cry:

LOTS of "NO HUNTING" :mad: signs all over the place and up to Gunn lake area.

My adice would be to go towards the Hurley pass FSR and work that area. That way you're away from the residences and ranches. Lots of wild areas near there.

Good Luck

frenchbar
03-23-2007, 09:02 AM
4pointhunter pm sent.

wetcoasthunter
03-23-2007, 09:09 AM
I wasn't aware there were alot of ranches up that way, I know there is a GO in around Gunn lake, could they be the ones putting the signs up? Just curious because I too was looking at that area as a place to go.

BearSniper
03-23-2007, 09:24 AM
Hi Wetcoasthunter

Ya, I saw 2 quasi ranch type property arrangements just east of the town along the hurley river.

And theres a small ranch along the edge of little Gunn lake between it and Gunn lake.

I used to fish up in that area as a kid in the 70's a bit before it was "discovered" , but now everything is privately owned by rich Vancouverite Sierra club members .:mad: I'm not joking.
BMW and Lexus SUV's all over the place, the drivers of which stare you down as you pass them, as if you're some kind of criminal. :cry:

But, if you head just a little south and west along the Hurley, no ones out in that area.

Good luck:)

frenchbar
03-23-2007, 09:36 AM
Hi Wetcoasthunter

Ya, I saw 2 quasi ranch type property arrangements just east of the town along the hurley river.

And theres a small ranch along the edge of little Gunn lake between it and Gunn lake.

I used to fish up in that area as a kid in the 70's a bit before it was "discovered" , but now everything is privately owned by rich Vancouverite Sierra club members .:mad: I'm not joking.
BMW and Lexus SUV's all over the place, the drivers of which stare you down as you pass them, as if you're some kind of criminal. :cry:

But, if you head just a little south and west along the Hurley, no ones out in that area.

Good luck:)
Exactly bear sniper,a whole lot of rich people that are anti hunting.most of them are arrogant,iknow first hand because i delivered cement to most of them,and i found that3 out of 4 were quite arrogant,and all of the locals that i delivered to were the opposite,really friendly and good to deal with.

Derp
03-23-2007, 09:45 AM
my girlfriends family owns land around big and little gunn lake around that area, and I'm looking forward hunting there in the near future after I get my hunting and firearms licenses. wooo!

olek_Z_bc
03-23-2007, 10:38 AM
The road up from gun lake, which crosses the airstrip (for little planes), goes up FAR into the woods, to high elevations, it's steep terrain past there but worth the drive. You get up the road, then eventually down, and there are quite a few nice old overgrown cut blocks, and if i am not mistaken a stream or two with lots of vegetation.

Closer to goldbridge on the other hand, the few places that i hunted, are so overgrown now, that were we once parked a camper, you'd have difficulty walking.

Biggest muley i ever saw was pulled out of gold bridge by my ex g/f's dad. on opening weekend one september a few years back, we had to cut it in half to carry it out, antlers still in velvet. If i find the pic i'll post it, just to make you go up there ;) :)

olek_Z_bc
03-23-2007, 10:47 AM
Here is the pic. To give you an idea, my buddy on the left is about 6'2"

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v466/olek_z_bc/goldbridgedeer2001.jpg

Mr. Dean
03-23-2007, 10:54 AM
Holy **ck!!

That's a Mule-Elk hybrid.

olek_Z_bc
03-23-2007, 10:57 AM
BTW, the road that you see there, goes to that little lake...

Last time i was there I barely made it through in my truck. Overgrown from side to side, and that was 2 years ago. the pic is from 2001.

cowboy-up69
03-23-2007, 10:59 AM
I to wanna go hunting that way fort a weekend. I went up there a year and a half ago to go work at the guest ranch and like the scenery, wouldnt mind giving it a try. Lotsa griz up that way??

frenchbar
03-23-2007, 11:08 AM
nice brookies in that little lake if thats the one i think it is.

rollingrock
There're way too many people using Hurley Pass. You might bump into a few bucks crossing the road if you're there at the right timing. Hunt the north and the south side of Carpenter Lake. Huge mulies in that area. :)

olek_Z_bc
I to wanna go hunting that way fort a weekend. I went up there a year and a half ago to go work at the guest ranch and like the scenery, wouldnt mind giving it a try. Lotsa griz up that way??

I have seen one. My ex's dad has seen a few as well. If you want to hike some of those roads that take you up high to old cut blocks do it with rifle in hand, just in case. There are a few grizz in reg 3-33, but mostly black bears. The grizz my ex's dad saw was about 500m from that spot in the pic, on the gravel road, lol.

hunter1947
03-26-2007, 06:57 AM
I have hunted that area one year ,i hunted above bralorne ,there are some moose in that area and good mulie hunting also ,i got a nice 4 pointer that year ,if you want to know were i saw both moose and mule just send me a private message ,the one road above braylorn is called kindom lake road ,you can stay at kingdome lake rec sight ,it is a beautifall place to stay ,my brother in law lived there in bralorne for a few years ,that's how i got to now the area. hunter 1947.

hunter1947
03-26-2007, 07:00 AM
I wasn't aware there were alot of ranches up that way, I know there is a GO in around Gunn lake, could they be the ones putting the signs up? Just curious because I too was looking at that area as a place to go. Gun lake has some of the best fishing in BC ,take a rod if you go there for a hunt. hunter 1947.

ZENYO
08-25-2007, 05:04 PM
I have hunted that area one year ,i hunted above bralorne ,there are some moose in that area and good mulie hunting also ,i got a nice 4 pointer that year ,if you want to know were i saw both moose and mule just send me a private message ,the one road above braylorn is called kindom lake road ,you can stay at kingdome lake rec sight ,it is a beautifall place to stay ,my brother in law lived there in bralorne for a few years ,that's how i got to now the area. hunter 1947.

I was in kingdome lake last years opening. I intended to hunt bralorne but I wasn't sure where. I found kingdome lake by accident and I'm glad I did. On the drive up, the night before opening we saw 3 bucks, one 4point. We saw one the second day but we couldn't get shot. We also saw a couple cows... I think I'll be making a lot more trips up there. trying to go next weekend but it looks like my usual partner is jamming on me... I didn't fish the lake but apperantly it's pretty productive, lot of pan fries...

mapguy
08-25-2007, 07:14 PM
the whole area is good just get up to the alpine preferably where there is no motor vehicles allowed .

Seth
08-26-2007, 08:05 AM
I'm headed up there on Thursday night for the long weekend but we're heading up and in on the north side of Carpenter Lake. The Big Sheep Mountain area is where we're headed.

sparkes3
08-26-2007, 08:45 AM
may see you there