PDA

View Full Version : Got 5 different species of puddle ducks this past weekend

Sako 75
12-15-2014, 05:26 PM
This past weekend took J-man and his friend decoy duck hunting. On Saturday, it was bit foggy and the fog did not lifted till around noon time. When the hunt was over, we shot 5 different species of puddle ducks there were: 1 drake widgeon, 1 hen shoveller, 1 full mature pintail drake, a pair of gadwalls and whole bunch of greenheads. I pass up in shooting a greenwing teal all else it could be 6 species of puddle ducks. I have never shot that many different species of puddle ducks before in 1 day.

Sunday, same gang of hunters but this time no fog but had to break-up the ice on pond. Got another nice mature drake pintail, whole bunch mallards and some widgeons. We were short 3 ducks from our 3 man limit. Could have stay little bit longer to try get our limit but I wanted go home and watch my favorite team the Seahawks play 49er's

Highlight of day was about 7 swan flew by our duck blind at 10yds away and 10yds high.

P.S Seahawks won.....happy, happy, happy.:p:p:p

nano
12-15-2014, 09:55 PM
Nice shoot! We also had a mixed bag this weekend! The drake widgone we shot looked amazing.

J-Man
12-16-2014, 12:56 PM
Yea it was a great time and the swans buzzing the tower like Top Gun was a huge bonus.

Rhyno
12-16-2014, 07:41 PM
Right on....I had a real mixed bag a few weeks back when I was hunting on the coast....mallards, wigeon, gadwall, goldeneye, teal, and a shoveler! Missed a scaup, that would have really rounded it out!

heyblast
12-16-2014, 09:40 PM
Nice mix, dosnt happen very often. It's quite the site when Swans fly over that close.

heyblast
12-16-2014, 09:42 PM
Right on....I had a real mixed bag a few weeks back when I was hunting on the coast....mallards, wigeon, gadwall, goldeneye, teal, and a shoveler! Missed a scaup, that would have really rounded it out!

You forgot the RudyDuck and the Buffleheads we could of shot if we wanted to.

rides bike to work
12-16-2014, 09:56 PM
No pics didn't happen

heyblast
12-17-2014, 07:01 AM
No pics didn't happen

you know what hole to shove to that in