PDA

View Full Version : Other hunters on your trail cams

rageous
12-13-2014, 10:18 PM
Anyone ever capture other hunters on your trail cams? I haven't yet, but I'm sure a lot of hunters have walked by knowing or not. Post up them pics.

bang flop
12-13-2014, 10:25 PM
really... why would you post pictures of other hunters on you TC?

coach
12-13-2014, 10:31 PM
really... why would you post pictures of other hunters on you TC?

Agree.. Serves no purpose whatsoever unless they are tampering with your stuff.. Kind of a ridiculous idea really.

caddisguy
12-13-2014, 10:31 PM
Nobody in their right mind would post pictures of a human minding their on business shot on a trailcam.

It's a d*ck move and only fuels the privacy arguement for those that mess with them or cover them up.

Were you actually serious or are you trolling?

Brian011
12-13-2014, 10:58 PM
As much as I don't like other guys finding my cams, I'm thankful that I get pics of them instead of coming back to no camera.

Woodrow
12-13-2014, 11:10 PM
I got a picture of a guy and his kid this year, I'm glad they didn't take the camera.

Elk-Aholic
12-13-2014, 11:29 PM
Those pictures go right into the trash bin on the computer. Respect their privacy as I'm sure they don't want their picture shown to the world. Nothing but praise for people who give the thumbs up to a trail camera and mind their own business.

yota
12-13-2014, 11:36 PM
Nothing but praise for people who give the thumbs up to a trail camera and mind their own business.

agreed I have had a couple people pose and give thumbs up on my cam I even pumped into a father son that I had pics of and I informed them that I deleted there pics just so they didn't get accidently shared ththey were very happy and respectful people

bc_buckshot
12-13-2014, 11:37 PM
This is a true an accurate picture of a Sasquatch i got on my camera couple years ago. Also shot couple bears right where it was taken too that year

http://i1188.photobucket.com/albums/z404/bc_buckshot/image_zps50f85a72.jpg (http://s1188.photobucket.com/user/bc_buckshot/media/image_zps50f85a72.jpg.html)

boilerroom
12-14-2014, 12:41 AM
looks like a female :mrgreen:

.264winmag
12-14-2014, 01:59 AM
Haha!
would never post pics of people that don't tamper with cams, but once I get a photo text of the loser that stole my camera last year I'll post two pics. One of him swiping the camera, another of him eating through a straw

Beaverhunter
12-14-2014, 02:22 AM
I think this maybe raywilf trying to compile more evidence to convict fishhardon. He is a detective!

hunter1947
12-14-2014, 05:26 AM
As much as I don't like other guys finding my cams, I'm thankful that I get pics of them instead of coming back to no camera.

X2 I agree and we thank the people that do find and see and don't steal the cam..

HarryToolips
12-14-2014, 10:19 AM
Had a couple hunters on mine last year...I've found lots of cams in the bush, I wave and continue on...

Slinky Pickle
12-14-2014, 11:39 AM
I have had a trail camera in the same spot for 5 years. I have only seen one other person on the camera and I saw him twice in 3 years.

To be honest, I would love to sit and have a beer with him and talk about the area. So far, the spot appears to be a pretty well kept secret.

Paulyman
12-14-2014, 11:59 AM
Anyone here have a trail cam out near East Barierre Lake off the russell fsr? a couple of years ago I was hanging out in this one area for about 10 minutes and realized I was standing in front of someones trail cam the whole time.

.300WSMImpact!
12-14-2014, 12:19 PM
I would not post pictures of other people I get on my cams, but that being said it would not bother me if people posted pictures of me they saw on there cams

Tīɡ
12-14-2014, 12:20 PM
I personally wouldn't want my likeness posted by other people, I just wave at camera's I see and carry on and hope other hunters do the same with mine. If I had my mask on at the time I wouldn't care too much but still as a general rule. I certainly wouldn't be posting pics of fellow hunters minding there own business passing my cams.

Stone Sheep Steve
12-14-2014, 01:01 PM
Last january i had some cougar hounds, cougar hunters and a cougar all on my cam. Also had pics of the cat the next day. Of course, i assumed that the cat had given them the slip but it turned out i knew the guys and they killed a nice tom that day and it was a female on my cam.

SSS

pin_head
12-14-2014, 01:48 PM
I've yet to have a hunter on cam. I did however get quite a bit of footage of a curious Asian family on a blacktail camera this past summer. They were just as curious about my camera as I still am about what the hell they were doing in there! It's a strangely gratifying experience to have someone see your camera and actually have the decency to leave it alone!

I've been wanting to find someone else's cam in the woods so I can put on a "show", the opportunity has not yet presented itself.

Cheers,
Brad

jtred
12-14-2014, 06:29 PM
I have come across other guys set ups before and always check them out with a thumbs up and go on my way, I'd be pretty g%dd$mned choked to see my face on the internet when I only really came across the site by accident. I tell you what though if I were to see my face posted up here or anywhere I'd be heading back and those cameras would be in tiny little pieces. I wouldn't steal them because that would be wrong.

300H&H
12-14-2014, 06:34 PM
When I see a TC I just stop...wave...and move on.

Walksalot
12-15-2014, 07:45 AM
It serves absolutely no purpose to post pictures of other hunters which appear on one's trail camera. The only possible reason is if the picture depicted an illegal act and even then it should be handed over to the authorities.

caddisguy
12-15-2014, 08:56 AM
I walked a couple hundred km of timber in Region 2 and Region 3 this year. Last year too. I still have yet to see a cam.

Was talking with my gf this morning and we came up with the most hilarious skit ever in the event we find one. I apologize in advance for wasting a little space on your sd card (hopefully it's set to video but funny either way) but you will be encouraged to post and it will be totally worth it. Video will go viral for sure!! Again, sorry in advance... I'm very against messing with peoples stuff and intentionally triggering a cam might be seen as borderline. That said, this has to be done.

IronNoggin
12-15-2014, 11:44 AM
Captured a few from time to time.
Responses have ranged from obviously not seeing the cam, giving it the Peace Sign, giving it The Finger, walking up and Winking into the lens before departing and so on.
Thankfully the only tampering I've ever had was someone came in from behind (they obviously knew it was there) opened it up, sprung the memory card but left it, then closed it back up. Always wondered about that one...

Regardless, I agree with most here. Don't be posting my face if I happen to show! I'll likely mimic the Winking Routine and carry on.
Certainly don't want my wrinkled old mug appearing on the net for no apparent reason... ;)

Cheers,
Nog

kilometers
12-15-2014, 01:12 PM
I wouldn't care if my photo was posted from a trail camera. In All honesty I would be like "cool That guys on hbc too" and probly exchange info.
Security cameras are everywhere. Someone's probly creeping you right now!!

redthorn
12-15-2014, 09:27 PM
I have seen several cameras, and pull up my mask as I walk through so they can see my face. Chances are they're a friend-of-a-friend and the picture comes back to you again. Had that happen a few times, and it's always a good time discussing a spot. Nobody owns it, you just both happen to hunt there.

Only one I feel bad about was once as I was putting on the boots up a well worn trail to a good region 2 blacktail spot I stopped to pee off the trail. Turned around and there was a camera right behind me I hadn't seen. Hope I didn't scare the animals off his cam. But I've also always wondered if they stopped to smell the urine as well... If that was your camera, sorry. And PM me anyways so we can talk about the spot.