PDA

View Full Version : Brooks near Vernon

BBD77
12-13-2014, 06:50 PM
Hi all,

hoping to head out and fish the hard water tomorrow with the GF near Vernon. Anyone have any suggestions for lakes? or know of any lakes with decent brook trout fishing? Anything would help!

cheers and maybe see you out there.

BBD

hoho
12-13-2014, 09:03 PM
Becker Lake , has lots of Brookies.

.308 NORMA
12-13-2014, 09:15 PM
Sadner lake, up trinity Valley then bobby burnes rd.

Liveforthehunt
12-13-2014, 09:29 PM
Sidner. .. didn't think you had to go Bobby burns Becker has some slobs do you have a sled ?

BBD77
12-13-2014, 09:43 PM
Awesome thanks guys! Yea we do have a sled.... PM me if you have some info on some recent fishing reports.

wrenchhead
12-14-2014, 10:14 AM
I guy from work slayed them at Becker last week, couple nice ones mostly small.

bukwild
12-14-2014, 02:30 PM
Is Becker accessible by road? If so can one use noble canyon rd?

boxhitch
12-14-2014, 05:18 PM
In Noble Canyon yesterday lots of traffic heading toward Becker side , not sure where they were going . Two I saw turned around after encountering ice , another one was in the ditch.
I headed up Bardoph side and found an abandoned Dodge that had spunout and was blocking the road .
Chains are mandatory in there , IMO

bukwild
12-14-2014, 05:43 PM
Thanks boxhitch! did you make it up?

boxhitch
12-14-2014, 05:50 PM
No , there were no keys in the stuck truck ;)
I had rescue gear and could have helped out , but no one was around.

300H&H
12-14-2014, 06:24 PM
I have heard of brookies in Swan lake.

wrenchhead
12-14-2014, 11:08 PM
I have heard of brookies in Swan lake.
Few and far between if there are. Tones of perch if your looking to have fun catching fish all day long with the kids.

300H&H
12-15-2014, 01:23 AM
Few and far between if there are. Tones of perch if your looking to have fun catching fish all day long with the kids.

Yeah, I'd love to take my girls.
Where is the best spot, what bait, and how thick is the ice now ?
Thanks

wrenchhead
12-15-2014, 05:18 PM
I'd wait I bit yet. I use a 4" spoon as a flasher/weight with a foot of leader after and plain hook. Any bait, worms, mealworms, maggots they all work. Let it go to the bottom, reel up a couple cranks. usually non stop action. Best fishing seems to be the south end , rightin the middle of the lake across from the teal floatplane hanger.
I took my little guys a couple times this summer in that spot and anchored up just for a quick time killer- both times we ran out of worms in an hour the fish were so hungry.

Liveforthehunt
12-17-2014, 09:51 PM
Exactly what wrench head said... I saw lots of guys out there today but I would say it wouldn't be the smartest decision with that warm spell I don't know but guessing maybe 3 inches of ice at most be interesting to hear about swan. I went out lots last year on the south end Just for the simple fact of being close during the week after work ect .. lots of perch like shooting fish in a barrel. I did happen to catch a lot of bows as well anywhere from 1-4 lbs definetly some big fish in the lake .. . never seen or heard of bookies. .. probably like the Lincod. Myth my old man's friend sayed there use to be big Lincod in there. Perch and rainbows they will bite Damn near anything good luck we will Keep this post going once it cools down a bit more I'll head out and fill you in on the thickness. February they usually go crazy