PDA

View Full Version : help a friend shoot his first deer

yota
12-12-2014, 07:43 PM
well we went out for the morning hunt to chase some blacktails in a spot I have been scouting this year. seen lots of does and fawns but only a couple spikers so I new there had to be a few bigger bucks around. as we pulled into the trailhead I looked in the thick brush and spotted a rack I said to my friend there's a buck and it's not one I have on camera or have seen here. we grabbed our gear and started our stalk. I coached him in ahead of me as he had his arrow knocked and was ready to go. we sneaked into 30yrds and waited as a doe walked past us like we weren't even there and at 10yrds away squatted and peed right there all I could think is this is perfect if she's still in heat or he gets curious he's gonna give us an easy shot. well.... it did he raised his nose and ran straight towards us and turned to our left to go investigate the doe. I told him to take his time and draw, find his anchor point relax and pick a hair just above the elbow behind the shoulder. when I looked at him he was shaking like crazy I couldn't help but get caught up in the moment and feel a little buck fever myself so I said again relax breather and pick your spot. just as I said that he sent the arrow 15 yrds straight through both lungs. I may not have shot it but it sure was fun being aa part of all of it. now I know how all the other hunter out there feel and that gratification of teaching I can't wait for my son to grow up so I can do this time and time again.

http://i1091.photobucket.com/albums/i387/brentjefferson/Mobile%20Uploads/20141212_104021.jpg (http://s1091.photobucket.com/user/brentjefferson/media/Mobile%20Uploads/20141212_104021.jpg.html)

matt0922
12-12-2014, 08:11 PM
Good to see the other Brent take a deer with his bow, good work on the teaching man Deaner taught you well!

yota
12-12-2014, 08:17 PM
Good to see the other Brent take a deer with his bow, good work on the teaching man Deaner taught you well!

thanks Matt I'll be the first to comment though 1st post and no intro? s3 bio member are gonna grill you hahaha anyways good to see you here its full of great people and full of information and people willing to help with questions

Wentrot
12-12-2014, 08:23 PM
Use the photobucket app. Upload photo to app and copy the "IMG" code and paste er here.

yota
12-12-2014, 09:11 PM
Use the photobucket app. Upload photo to app and copy the "IMG" code and paste er here.

thank you so much that makes this so much easier to post pics

redthorn
12-12-2014, 09:37 PM
Congratulations... Got to be part of a similar hunt with my buddt 2 years ago, right down to the picture of him holding a 2 point and grinning away in a Surrey dining jacket. ( http://www.huntingbc.ca/forum/showthread.php?89433-Beginners-Luck-Buck-(Blacktails%85)&highlight=blacktail )

That's the way to keep the hunt alive. a helping hand.

300magman
12-13-2014, 12:40 AM
That's awesome you got to be a part of your friends first deer! And for him to get his first deer (a buck no less) with a bow is sweet....both of those accomplishments took me a few years of trying. gonna be tough for him to top that one next year! Congrats guys

300magman
12-13-2014, 12:41 AM
Great pic too btw, very nice. Looks like a beautiful area to hunt.

sawmill
12-13-2014, 03:45 AM
Congrats!I have been with a few guys when they got their first deer or moose.It IS better than shooting it yourself.Plus they owe you forever,make `em shovel your driveway:-P

hunter1947
12-13-2014, 07:13 AM
Nice deer for the first Congrats

yota
12-13-2014, 10:05 AM
Congrats!I have been with a few guys when they got their first deer or moose.It IS better than shooting it yourself.Plus they owe you forever,make `em shovel your driveway:-P

even better then the driveway it's the first animal in about 6 years I haven't had to clean. I grabbed a seat sand told him how to do it. he had seen me clean an elk and a mulie up north earlier this year so now it was his turn. he did good though didn't nick the gut or pop the piss sack while cleaning.

ElliotMoose
12-15-2014, 08:15 AM
That's a healthy looking BT right there! Congrats on getting a new hunter out there, I bet he's hooked