PDA

View Full Version : Best Guided Hunts in BC?

bill biggs
12-10-2014, 11:32 PM
Hi Team,
I have some friends from the east coast that are coming up for a visit next fall, and are hoping to get in a guided hunt while they're here. There seems to be quite a few hunting outfitters in BC, with not a lot of reviews that I can find. Does anyone have any suggestions for maybe top 2 or 3? Main game would be moose and elk, with maybe a deer or two.

Thanks in advance folks,

Bill

The Dawg
12-10-2014, 11:40 PM
Oh wow.

BAD TIMING DUDE hahaha

Sylus
12-10-2014, 11:43 PM
http://www.huntingbc.ca/forum/showthread.php?112844-Kelowna-hunters!

This might help clarify dawg's statement a bit, if you were a little confused.

Steeleco
12-10-2014, 11:45 PM
Oh wow.

BAD TIMING DUDE hahaha

Beat me by 5 min!

coach
12-10-2014, 11:53 PM
Yup.. real bad timing... Non-residents are no longer welcome here. Find another province.

Whonnock Boy
12-11-2014, 12:40 AM
Yup.. real bad timing... Non-residents are no longer welcome here. Find another province.

Couldn't agree more. Sad, but true. :neutral:

Bugle M In
12-11-2014, 12:56 AM
I've never supported the outfitter policy.
I feel bad for original poster though, he has friends, and would like them to hunt here in BC
So don't bash up the guy for asking......
My cousins were lucky enough to hunt with my dad here in BC, under the "family..whatchya ma call it???policy.
They really enjoyed it coming here from Germany.
And, we only have that policy for immediate family to accompany to hunt here etc.
Otherwise, their only option would be a guide.
Same goes in this case.
We have the same rights in other countries...ok, with outfitters...if you got the cash ( I don't ).
I really cant't help with suggested good guides...sorry.
And for all else here...ya, I signed the petition against the guides newest BS F'n B******* request.
I love getting in their faces up in the east koots, I don't avoid them, I hunt the hell out of the area right in front of their eyes!!
Call me an A-hole, but that is my way to tell outfitters what I think!!!!
But give the original poster some advice on a good outfiiter if you have suggestions....he's not trying to create the new policy.
Remember who the target is.....the outfitter association...ok

325 wsm
12-11-2014, 05:44 AM
price of a quality moose or elk hunt is about 13 grand, add the second animal and you are up to about 20. Pm me if you are still interested in a quality area.

Stone Sheep Steve
12-11-2014, 05:55 AM
If you're from Canada, consider using the hunter host system. You will no longer find many resident hunters that support the guide outfitting industry in BC.
AS mentioned, the timing of your thread could not be worse.

SSS

LBM
12-11-2014, 06:57 AM
If you're from Canada, consider using the hunter host system. You will no longer find many resident hunters that support the guide outfitting industry in BC.
AS mentioned, the timing of your thread could not be worse.

SSS
Many don't support the hunter host system either, its basically doing the same thing.

Stone Sheep Steve
12-11-2014, 06:59 AM
Many don't support the hunter host system either, its basically doing the same thing.
Put it this way, the g/o's hate the hunter host system.

LBM
12-11-2014, 07:21 AM
Put it this way, the g/o's hate the hunter host system.
So do some residents, it does the same thing taking an animal away from a resident which many are saying the G/O system does.
But I guess when the hunter host resident benefits from it instead of an outfitter its ok to them.

paw325
12-11-2014, 07:58 AM
Hi Team,
I have some friends from the east coast that are coming up for a visit next fall, and are hoping to get in a guided hunt while they're here. There seems to be quite a few hunting outfitters in BC, with not a lot of reviews that I can find. Does anyone have any suggestions for maybe top 2 or 3? Main game would be moose and elk, with maybe a deer or two.

Thanks in advance folks,

Bill

Hey Bill, give Blair a shout at Folding Mountain Outfitters.... top hand

12-11-2014, 09:43 AM
No Guide Outfitter puts ANY resident hunter as a priority .... UNLESS you deep pockets to match the over priced costs of hunts that our friends to the south and around the world would pay. Thats for sure.

They, The Guide Outfitters Association should realize they would likely get more returning customers if they made things more reasonable to the residents.

Once again, like any business in this world it has become cut throat and Selfish ........ wanting more and taking as much as they can while they can.

Again, they want even more from the residents of BC to GIVE UP.

georgiaboy
12-11-2014, 04:32 PM
I don't blame the residents if their opportunities are being cut . Would feel the same if it was my state . THAT BEING SAID ---BE REAL CAREFUL ABOUT WHO YOU CHOOSE. I have been on three guided hunts in BC and all were over sold expectations from the outfitter. On quota hunts (if I'm not wrong the outfitter only looses the tag after a harvest ). B.C. is a beautiful place and the people there always treated me well !

gerrygoat
12-11-2014, 07:23 PM
I honestly don't know who to recommend since there are so many crooked outfitters out there but like was said do your homework. There are a few good ones out there though. Like was said earlier someone from B.C. could possibly host you which has some advantages for you.

Elk-Aholic
12-11-2014, 08:36 PM

Well said! I hate to say it SSS, but that would be exactly the same thing that's being bashed in another thread. A non-resident coming into our province and harvesting an animal. A non resident would be anyone from outside of BC......just saying.