PDA

View Full Version : wholesale sports to open soon

jakerazer
03-22-2007, 02:59 PM
Hi all
I just phoned the new wholesale sports store in Kamloops. they told me they should be open by the 16th of April. It should make a good road trip to go up for the big gun show in Kamloops and top it off with a trip to wholesale.
hunter retail therapy

Bow Walker
03-22-2007, 03:50 PM
I hope that they have there own website so that we can order direct.

Mark_S
03-22-2007, 03:52 PM
So this means now I have to pay PST when I mail order?

270WIN
03-22-2007, 03:52 PM
I hope that they have there own website so that we can order direct.

would you not save on a tax ordering out of alberta.

steel_ram
03-22-2007, 03:59 PM
I wonder if an order from BC can be routed to AB to save PST? Somehow I doubt it. Not sure but legally haven't we been "supposed" to pay BC pst on any merchandise we bring into the province.( Not that it's ever been enforced for small amounts) Maybe that's part of the reason WS's putting a shop in Kamloops.

Why Kamloops, wouldn't the lower mainland of made more sense

johnes50
03-22-2007, 04:15 PM
I was told mailorder has been down for over a week and to call back next week to see what's up with my order. They don't know if the order has gone through or not, but my credit card has been charged. Great.

I wish they would have posted a notice on their website before I ordered. If I didn't call today to find out what the delay was, I could have been waiting a really long time wondering why my order hasn't shown up. John

swamper
03-22-2007, 04:42 PM
I wonder if an order from BC can be routed to AB to save PST? Somehow I doubt it. Not sure but legally haven't we been "supposed" to pay BC pst on any merchandise we bring into the province.( Not that it's ever been enforced for small amounts) Maybe that's part of the reason WS's putting a shop in Kamloops.

The reason it's put in a place like Kamploops instead of the lower mainland is there are too many granola crunching tree huggers there that would be highly offended by the idea of a shop that size devoted to the killing of Bambi and Bullwinkle. At least those of us north of Hope understand that true value of hunting as a sport. This is not meant to offend the fine members on this site that have an understanding, but they are such a small % of the population. I think they should all move up to the interior and leave the granola crunchers to live their happy little lives in Lotus Land.

steel_ram
03-22-2007, 04:51 PM
The Granola factory and Hemp clothing shop in Metchosin (just outside Victoria) ships most of it's products to the Okanagan/Thompson area's.

Maybe WSS will carry the hemp camo coveralls, apparently deer love them.

Kechika
03-22-2007, 05:07 PM
With all the hype it better not be a let down.Im sick and tired of the local shops never carryng what I'm looking for.Worth the drive a few times a year

Steeleco
03-22-2007, 05:12 PM
HUM!!! Wholesale - Kamloops - a job?? I'd be like a kid in a candy store.

lip_ripper00
03-22-2007, 05:30 PM
. I think they should all move up to the interior and leave the granola crunchers to live their happy little lives in Lotus Land.

soon.... not just yet!!

CanAm500
03-22-2007, 05:34 PM
Mail/phone orders are done through Calgary. Anything that you buy out of province you do not have to pay PST. Although, they may get us now that we have a store in BC. But who knows.

SUAFOYT
03-22-2007, 05:50 PM

I wondered about that as well, but then thought that if they're opening a retail outlet, Kamloops is a pretty good choice. The majority of those that live in the LM would go through Kamloops. I know those that hunt the Kootenays would not, but I'm thinking the majority.

Ltbullken
03-22-2007, 07:26 PM
The reason it's put in a place like Kamploops instead of the lower mainland is there are too many granola crunching tree huggers there that would be highly offended by the idea of a shop that size devoted to the killing of Bambi and Bullwinkle. At least those of us north of Hope understand that true value of hunting as a sport... I think they should all move up to the interior and leave the granola crunchers to live their happy little lives in Lotus Land.

Yah well Starbucks and Valhalla Pure are just down the road from the WS location!! :)

todbartell
03-22-2007, 07:55 PM
on behalf of Boonerbuck I will go ahead and say...

NoSale Sports sucks!

:lol:

3kills
03-22-2007, 07:57 PM
nice i will be going for the opening i think...unless i gotta work :(

i6s1
03-25-2007, 11:05 PM
Sorry guys, bad news in one aspect.

This will mean that WSS will have to charge PST to all orders to BC, even if they are shipped from Alberta, since they now have a physical presence in BC.

http://www.e-future.ca/alberta/ebusiness/081605.asp

I'm still looking forward to visiting the store though.

kishman
03-26-2007, 05:04 AM
I was told mailorder has been down for over a week and to call back next week to see what's up with my order. They don't know if the order has gone through or not, but my credit card has been charged. Great.

I wish they would have posted a notice on their website before I ordered. If I didn't call today to find out what the delay was, I could have been waiting a really long time wondering why my order hasn't shown up. John

The very same thing is happening to me right now:mad: . I ordered some ammo and a knife (Ghroman mini skinner) more than 3 weeks ago!! I've been charged for the order but nothing has shipped. I've left 2 phone messages with no reply back as yet.

phoenix
04-09-2007, 09:15 AM
I can't believe that they still don't even mention the new store on their website! What a way to do business.
Kim

swamper
04-09-2007, 09:26 AM
Are they still on track to open this week?????

The Hermit
04-09-2007, 03:20 PM
PST... looks like SIR will be pretty competitive now eh.

happygilmore
04-10-2007, 03:41 AM
If you guys are looking for a deal I hear they offer staff discounts. I tried to get my wife to apply since I will be spending my money there anyways, she just laughed.

swamper
04-10-2007, 07:08 AM
So are they open now. If not when do they open.

happygilmore
04-10-2007, 12:35 PM
I heard from a friend who knows the couple managing WSS and they are trying their best to be open for the gunshow on the 21st. It might not happen because of inventory and such but I can't see why they wouldn't they sure have had their sign out infront of the place long enough.

Hagen
04-10-2007, 01:08 PM
The very same thing is happening to me right now:mad: . I ordered some ammo and a knife (Ghroman mini skinner) more than 3 weeks ago!! I've been charged for the order but nothing has shipped. I've left 2 phone messages with no reply back as yet.

I was in Calgary last weekend and visited the new store, apparently the idea was to get product on the floor so the store looks fine, just dont expect anything to be found in the back for you. I was told that when they moved, most of the product is still on pallets out back, and they have no clue as to where anything actually is. I wanted to get a limbsaver recoil pad, and the guy wouldnt even look for me. My buddy picked up a leupy scope and that took about an hour for them to find that. This is probably why they're mailorder is down as they cant find anything?

04-10-2007, 01:26 PM
I am looking forward to WSS opening......competition is always good for the consumer. l support my local gun shop, but its nice to have options....

BCLongshot
04-10-2007, 07:24 PM
Talked to them yesterday... They said maybe the 1st week of May.

JoshLedoux
04-10-2007, 07:59 PM
The word on the street is that now that they will have to hire a full staff in bc and pay both taxes on everything coming in to bc from any locations is they're prices will be very similar to those of a gunshop, so the local shops are welcoming them.

RiverOtter
04-11-2007, 06:38 AM
Just got back from Calgary and checked out their new store there. Lots of fluff, not much content. All I can say is, I'm sure glad I didn't just go to Calgary for the Wholesale experience.

They don't have/can't sell powder or primers at their new location, due to permits. They had no Harris bipods, no Leupold bases for Tikka's, no popular sized BC flip up scope caps and only 2 Stoney Point bore guides in the whole store. In short, I could only get 1 item off my original shopping list. I sure hope Kamloops is different.

RO

boxhitch
04-11-2007, 06:58 AM
RO - sounds like a normal experience. Lots in the catalogue, but everything 'is on order'.

Birddog
04-11-2007, 09:35 AM
I'm looking forward to Cabela's opening up in Lacy Washington
(just outside of Seattle), in the fall of 2007. They are also opening up a new store in Port Falls Idiaho (just outside of Spokan Washington), in the fall of 2007.

Cheers Birddog

LeverActionJunkie
04-12-2007, 07:01 PM
Just talked with a friend who works at the kamloops store, Un loading and setting up right now. She said they don't even have any guns in store yet and only Bushnell scopes, not even very many bows yet. She said it'll probably be at least first week in May. Typical NoSale sports.

Rob
04-14-2007, 02:50 PM
well thats too bad, I was hoping they would be open on the 16th:sad: . Im also looking forward to the new Cabelas opening in Lacey, Washington. Going to take a couple weeks off and take the family and travel trailer down and make a holiday out of it:lol: . Anyone know how much goods you are allowed to bring back for a family of 4 duty free? someone told me maybe $100each/perday. I guess their are some things Canada cant compete with eh. Rob

overthetop
04-14-2007, 09:20 PM
I don't think you can bring back much unless you are there for a week and then it's $750 Canadian each. Just be sure you don't bring back any "Components of war" as they call them. Friggin Bull that we now can't even bring back gun parts or reloading supplies. Well, you can, the canadian border guys don't care, but I would imagine the US guys will be checking canadian vehicles coming out of that cabellas.

And it's worth the trip, cabellas in KC is mind blowing!

GoatGuy
04-15-2007, 09:47 AM
Just talked with a friend who works at the kamloops store, Un loading and setting up right now. She said they don't even have any guns in store yet and only Bushnell scopes, not even very many bows yet. She said it'll probably be at least first week in May. Typical NoSale sports.

Bushnell scopes? Sweet, I'm there! :roll:

Barracuda
04-15-2007, 10:06 AM
I like the idea of a wholsale sports in BC , I am sure being the type of store it is (bright and shiny outdoor toy store) it will also be far more inviting and less intimidating then the normal hunting/shooting stores for the potential hunter that might be interested in in partaking in the sport .

4pointer91
04-19-2007, 04:30 PM
Has anyone heard any new news about the WS opening in Kamloops this weekend? I'm going to the gun show anyways but it would be nice to shop around in their new store ...along as it's stocked!

depopulator
04-19-2007, 04:43 PM
While the idea of a Wholesale Sports in the Okanagan is a good one (being from Vernon I now this type of outlet is needed), my experience with the two Alberta stores (I am an Albertan now) is that they stock maybe 50% of what the catalogue shows, and even at that the products are rarely in stock. Opening another store will just make this more of the same. I am glad you guys are getting a WS but I think many will be dissapointed.

bighornbob
04-19-2007, 09:12 PM
Store wont be open till May.

BHB

LOC
05-01-2007, 04:17 PM
anyone know if the store is open? I'm heading that way this weekend..

srupp
05-01-2007, 04:24 PM
Hope the store has MORE than Jordans?? the "hunting /fishing? store on the hill by the Tool store..man they had NOTHING....

steven

guntech
05-01-2007, 04:45 PM
The one in Calgary is open but they have a big problem. They had planned on moving all their inventory shelving over from the old store... when they started to do that, for some reason the City of Calgary would not allow that... they had to order all new shelving...

That threw a big delay into the warehouse. Until the new shelving arrives and gets set up, all the stock is in boxes on pallets and not easily found, if it can be found.

Good looking store- absolutely huge.

Hopefully Kamloops doesn't have the same problem...

Will
05-01-2007, 08:13 PM
Hope the store has MORE than Jordans?? the "hunting /fishing? store on the hill by the Tool store..man they had NOTHING....

steven
You are wrong Steven............
They Have High prices ! :grin:

Rob
05-15-2007, 01:21 PM
Has anyone heard when Wholesale Sports opens for sure?? Rob

bighornbob
05-15-2007, 01:43 PM
Sign on the door says "Open May 16". Thats tomorrow. Will have to swing by for a look.

BHB

300 wsm
05-15-2007, 04:27 PM
powder keg shooting supplies is a good place to go also good people who have been in town for quite some time i think even born their wholesale in calgary is great the new store is wonderful i go there at least 3 times a month

Kirby
05-15-2007, 05:34 PM
Driving home today there was alot of action out side Wholesale sports. Looks like we might have a new store tomorrow

Kirby

overthetop
05-16-2007, 06:38 PM
So????? Yes???

LeverActionJunkie
05-16-2007, 06:47 PM
It is Officially open boys. I went in after work today (16th), friend working there said it was a circus all day. They are still waiting for lots of stock but there's still quite a bit there, not as much as Edmonton or Calgary but I'm sure there will be. I did buy some stuff even though I told myself I wouldn't. Got 3 Bags of Rem 405grSP's 100count for $90, only $28.99 each been paying $30 for 50 Speer 400gr's. The 45/70 is ready for action!

Rob
05-16-2007, 06:54 PM
Me, the wife and the kids went, I spent $300 on various items clothing/fishing gear/camping cot. I'll be going back for sure! They are going to be having there Grand opening in a few weeks, so they will have some sales going on, but right now the prices seemed to be pretty good. Rob.

todbartell
05-16-2007, 06:56 PM
wait till they start jerking you around :D

LeverActionJunkie
05-16-2007, 07:10 PM
wait till they start jerking you around :D

Yeah I've dealt with them enough in Edmonton, and on the phone not to get too excited. I'm mostly looking forward to the things that the Powder Keg doesn't carry on a regular basis. The local gunshop will still get most of my business.

Jagermeister
05-16-2007, 07:47 PM
http://www.huntingbc.ca/forum/images/statusicon/post_new.gif Today, 07:10 PM
LeverActionJunkie (http://www.huntingbc.ca/forum/member.php?u=1604) http://www.huntingbc.ca/forum/images/statusicon/user_offline.gif vbmenu_register("postmenu_150546", true);

Re: wholesale sports to open soon
Quote:
Originally Posted by todbartell
wait till they start jerking you around :grin:

"Yeah I've dealt with them enough in Edmonton, and on the phone not to get too excited. I'm mostly looking forward to the things that the Powder Keg doesn't carry on a regular basis. The local gunshop will still get most of my business."

There must be an echo in here!:lol:

Rubicon500
05-16-2007, 10:07 PM
Yepppp the next trip to Kamloops will be a good and exspenisvie one!! Ill be like a fat kid in A candy store :lol: