PDA

View Full Version : Petition (Protect the LEH of BC Resident Hunters)

shelg
12-10-2014, 09:06 AM
I don`t know if this has been posted yet, if not, it`s worth signing. Looks like another organization is empire building at the expense of the resident hunters of BC.

https://www.change.org/p/ministry-of-forests-lands-and-natural-resource-operations-don-t-take-away-resident-hunters-rights?recruiter=194825191&utm_source=share_petition&utm_medium=facebook&utm_campaign=autopublish&utm_term=mob-xs-share_petition-no_msg

budismyhorse
12-10-2014, 11:10 AM
This is much more than protecting LEH opportunity....

this is is about legislative splits that will affect resident opportinity down the road across the board. GoS as well.

Depending on the outcome, some GOS species may be placed on LEH to ensure outfitters can attain their share!

HCH
12-10-2014, 11:14 AM
Official News release coming from BCWF.

http://bcwf.net/index.php/new-items-sp-25573/news-releases

Speak up and sign that petition...

Rackmastr
12-10-2014, 01:18 PM
This is most CERTAINLY not just to protect LEH.

There are several hunts that will become LEH if changes like this occur and G/O harvest is increased in areas. Species like Stone's sheep, bighorns, mountain goats in GOS areas, moose, etc, etc.

Echoing what budismyhorse is saying here....this affects BC hunters across the board.

DarekG
12-10-2014, 01:30 PM
I have signed the petition and intend to mail any MP's or really anyone else that will listen.
Does anyone have a good list of initial contacts to which I can send my concerns?

bridger
12-10-2014, 01:42 PM
I have signed the petition and intend to mail any MP's or really anyone else that will listen.
Does anyone have a good list of initial contacts to which I can send my concerns?

Go go to wolftracker.com that site has a complete list of government contacts

snakebitten
12-10-2014, 02:02 PM
I signed the petition on change.orgs site then it propted me to donate to them .
So does the signing still take effect without donating to them ? Upon reading about them it seems there a multi million dollar corporation out of silicone valley that makes money off the backs of people wanting to address and make changes for their cause.
I want to support the resident hunters cause, just not change.org

The Dawg
12-10-2014, 02:09 PM
Change is not the people that put out the survey.

I started it after we at wolftracker were approached for help with "social media" by some upper members of the bcwf.

Every digital signature will be forwarded to the complete list of mla's

J_T
12-10-2014, 03:49 PM
I agree with those who say this is much more than about LEH. But on the topic of LEH why would we want to protect something that is one of the biggest reasons hunters are divided on so many issues. Why protect something that is the single biggest cause of hunter decline in the past?

No, its time to re think a lot of things. LEH has its place but not in allocation and division of assets discussions. Perhaps we should thank the GOABC for raising this issue and we should really consider the strategy that has been poorly used for so long. And instead of being reactive start to be proactive.

Foxton Gundogs
12-10-2014, 04:37 PM
I agree with those who say this is much more than about LEH. But on the topic of LEH why would we want to protect something that is one of the biggest reasons hunters are divided on so many issues. Why protect something that is the single biggest cause of hunter decline in the past?

No, its time to re think a lot of things. LEH has its place but not in allocation and division of assets discussions. Perhaps we should thank the GOABC for raising this issue and we should really consider the strategy that has been poorly used for so long. And instead of being reactive start to be proactive.

I think you(and everyone else) should read the BCWF press release. This is NOT an LEH issue it is an issue of our heritage as resident hunters and the heritage that our grandkids deserve to have as well. Don't try derailing the point with the LEH debate get on side and support our rights and heritage as resident hunters or there may not be ANY hunting for future generations to debate.

Foxton Gundogs
12-10-2014, 04:43 PM
Go go to wolftracker.com that site has a complete list of government contacts

There is a of the important Ministers/MLAs you NEED to send your letters to post # 179 here. http://www.huntingbc.ca/forum/showthread.php?112698-Wildlife-Allocation-Policy-is-being-renegotiated-behind-your-back!/page18

Simply copy and paste the contacts, add your local MLA and send it off.

GoatGuy
12-10-2014, 04:53 PM
MLA finder:

http://www.leg.bc.ca/mla/3-1-1.htm

The Dawg
12-10-2014, 05:35 PM
premier@gov.bc.ca

steve.thomson.mla@le g.bc.ca

bill.bennett.mla@leg .bc.ca

adrian.dix.mla@leg.b c.ca

s.chandraherbert.mla @leg.bc.ca

shirley.bond.mla@leg .bc.ca
suzanne.anton.mla@le g.bc.ca, dan.ashton.mla@leg.b c.ca, robin.austin.mla@leg .bc.ca, harry.bains.mla@leg. bc.ca, donna.barnett.mla@le g.bc.ca, bill.bennett.mla@leg .bc.ca, mike.bernier.mla@leg .bc.ca, stephanie.cadieux.ml a@leg.bc.ca, doug.bing.mla@leg.bc .ca, s.chandraherbert.mla @leg.bc.ca, raj.chouhan.mla@leg. bc.ca, premier@gov.bc.ca, rich.coleman.mla@leg .bc.ca, katrine.conroy.mla@l eg.bc.ca, kathy.corrigan.mla@l eg.bc.ca, marc.dalton.mla@leg. bc.ca, judy.darcy.mla@leg.b c.ca, mike.dejong.mla@leg. bc.ca, adrian.dix.mla@leg.b c.ca, doug.donaldson.mla@l eg.bc.ca, david.eby.mla@leg.bc .ca, mable.elmore.mla@leg .bc.ca, mike.farnworth.mla@l eg.bc.ca, peter.fassbender.mla @leg.bc.ca, rob.fleming.mla@leg. bc.ca, eric.foster.mla@leg. bc.ca, scott.fraser.mla@leg .bc.ca, simon.gibson.mla@leg .bc.ca, scott.hamilton.mla@l eg.bc.ca, sue.hammell.mla@leg. bc.ca, george.heyman.mla@le g.bc.ca, gordon.hogg.mla@leg. bc.ca, gary.holman.mla@leg. bc.ca, john.horgan.mla@leg. bc.ca, douglas.horne.mla@le g.bc.ca, marvin.hunt.mla@leg. bc.ca, carole.james.mla@leg .bc.ca, vicki.huntington.mla @leg.bc.ca, maurine.karagianis.m la@leg.bc.ca, leonard.krog.mla@leg .bc.ca, jenny.kwan.mla@leg.b c.ca, greg.kyllo.mla@leg.b c.ca, terry.lake.mla@leg.b c.ca, linda.larson.mla@leg .bc.ca, richard.lee.mla@leg. bc.ca, norm.letnick.mla@leg .bc.ca, norm.macdonald.mla@l eg.bc.ca, john.martin.mla@leg. bc.ca, don.mcrae.mla@leg.bc .ca, mike.morris.mla@leg. bc.ca, michelle.mungall.mla @leg.bc.ca, coralee.oakes.mla@le g.bc.ca, pat.pimm.mla@leg.bc. ca, darryl.plecas.mla@le g.bc.ca, mary.polak.mla@leg.b c.ca, lana.popham.mla@leg. bc.ca, bruce.ralston.mla@le g.bc.ca, linda.reid.mla@leg.b c.ca, linda.reimer.mla@leg .bc.ca, jennifer.rice.mla@le g.bc.ca, selina.robinson.mla@ leg.bc.ca, bill.routley.mla@leg .bc.ca, douglas.routley.mla@ leg.bc.ca, john.rustad.mla@leg. bc.ca, jane.shin.mla@leg.bc .ca, nicholas.simons.mla@ leg.bc.ca, shane.simpson.mla@le g.bc.ca, michelle.stilwell.ml a@leg.bc.ca, moira.stilwell.mla@l eg.bc.ca, todd.stone.mla@leg.b c.ca, jordan.sturdy.mla@le g.bc.ca, sam.sullivan.mla@leg .bc.ca, ralph.sultan.mla@leg .bc.ca, jackie.tegart.mla@le g.bc.ca, steve.thomson.mla@le g.bc.ca, jane.thornthwaite.ml a@leg.bc.ca, laurie.throness.mla@ leg.bc.ca, claire.trevena.mla@l eg.bc.ca, amrik.virk.mla@leg.b c.ca, teresa.wat.mla@leg.b c.ca, andrew.weaver.mla@le g.bc.ca, andrew.wilkinson.mla @leg.bc.ca, naomi.yamamoto.mla@l eg.bc.ca, john.yap.mla@leg.bc. ca

Just send it to all! Overwhelm them!

tigrr
12-10-2014, 06:17 PM
signed the petition.

mastercaster
12-10-2014, 06:33 PM
I signed and put the info on FlyBC, as well, because we have quite a few hunters on the website. Hopefully they'll all sign!

The Dawg
12-10-2014, 06:44 PM
Thanks all, keep signing and sharing!

Rhyno
12-10-2014, 07:01 PM
Signed and forwarded

Foxton Gundogs
12-10-2014, 07:03 PM
Signed and shared on the wife's personal and FGD Facebook pages.

woodsman
12-10-2014, 08:36 PM
Thanks for this post SHELG and for bumping it NoahDawg. I do not usually post but I feel this is an important issue that needs to be addressed. Signed the petition and forwarded the link to friends.

two-feet
12-10-2014, 08:45 PM
Signed and sent a letter to my mla. GOABC getting a little greedier?

300magman
12-10-2014, 09:13 PM
Im a brand new BC resident from Alberta, but signed the petition without hesitation after reading the press release from BCWF....the %'s they are proposing to allocate to NR hunters is absurd. I had no idea that NR tag allocations were so high already in BC, and to increase that even further is ridiculous.

I fully agree this is way more than and LEH issue, it will affect hunting across the board in BC.

Spy
12-10-2014, 09:18 PM
When you sign the petition get or sign your family members up as well.

J_T
12-10-2014, 10:49 PM
I think you(and everyone else) should read the BCWF press release. This is NOT an LEH issue it is an issue of our heritage as resident hunters and the heritage that our grandkids deserve to have as well. Don't try derailing the point with the LEH debate get on side and support our rights and heritage as resident hunters or there may not be ANY hunting for future generations to debate.resd it. Your not getting my point. I get it. This is not an LEH issue. But the original post was.

The Dawg
12-10-2014, 10:51 PM
Well ....here it is.

Decision has been made.

KEEP WRITING THE MLAs!

Wildlife Harvest Allocation Decision

Minister Thomson has communicated a final decision to the BC Wildlife Federation, Guide Outfitters Association of B.C. and Wildlife Stewardship Council (coastal guide outfitters), which confirms resident hunting priority, while providing targeted harvest increases to guide outfitters for a number of hunts. The Harvest Allocation Policy Review project began in 2003. Its goal was to give certainty to both resident and non-resident user groups in how wildlife allocations were made to each group. The current Wildlife Harvest Allocation policy has been transitionally in place since 2007 and was scheduled to be fully implemented in 2011, but did not occur.

· Our intent is for a consistent and transparent policy that is fair to all wildlife user groups.
· All stakeholders want the same thing – healthy wildlife populations that can be sustainably used by all groups.
· Sustainable hunting contributes over $350 million to the B.C. economy.
· While resident hunters are a higher priority than non-residents, this does not imply that resident demand must be fully satisfied before non-residents can be granted harvest opportunities. Instead, it means that the share that goes to residents is considerably greater than the share that goes to non-residents.
· This decision follows a comprehensive review of the Harvest Allocation Policy, and ensures:
o First Nations hunts and conservation goals are not affected.
o Resident hunters continue to receive priority shares of the wildlife allocation, with a stable and predictable percentage.
o By regionally tailoring the allocation decision, impacts on resident hunters are minimized. Resident hunters will continue to receive priority shares of the wildlife allocation, with a stable and predictable percentage.
o Vacant areas and areas not currently allocated to guides will continue to be maintained as unguided areas, and available for resident hunting.
o The decision to have clear and legislated splits for each harvest will result in less discretion in the hands of regional managers – and therefore more certainty for all user groups. Until legislative amendments can be made, the allocation splits will be set in policy.
o Targeted increased shares of allocation for guide outfitters to help ensure the guide outfitter industry remains economically viable.

The Dawg
12-10-2014, 11:01 PM
These are POLICY for now, and not ACTS.

We can STILL CHANGE it

REGION SPECIES RESIDENT
% SPLIT
INDUSTRY
% SPLIT
1 Bull Elk 80 20
1 Either Sex Elk 80 20
1 Grizzly Bear 60 40
2 Bull Elk 80 20
3 Mountain Goat 65 35
3 Grizzly Bear 60 40
3 Moose 80 20
3 Big Horn Sheep 70 30
4 Big Horn Sheep GOS GOS
4 Mountain Goat 65 35
4 Grizzly Bear 60 40
4 Bull Moose 80 20
5 Moose 75 25
5 Bull Caribou 75 25
5 Grizzly Bear 60 40
5 Mountain Goat 65 35
6 North Thin Horn Sheep 60 40
6 South Moose 75 25
6 North Moose 75 25
6 South Mountain Goat 65 35
6 North Mountain Goat 65 35
6 North Caribou 75 25
6 South Grizzly Bear 60 40
6 North Grizzly Bear 60 40
7 A Bull Moose 75 25
7 A Grizzly Bear 60 40
7 B Mountain Goat 65 35
7 B Antlerless Elk 98 2
7 B Grizzly Bear 60 40
7 B Bison 80 20
8 Bull Moose 80 20
8 Big Horn Sheep 70 30
8 Mountain Goat 65 35
8 Grizzly Bear 60 40

shelg
12-10-2014, 11:02 PM
Well ....here it is.

Decision has been made.

KEEP WRITING THE MLAs!

Wildlife Harvest Allocation Decision

Minister Thomson has communicated a final decision to the BC Wildlife Federation, Guide Outfitters Association of B.C. and Wildlife Stewardship Council (coastal guide outfitters), which confirms resident hunting priority, while providing targeted harvest increases to guide outfitters for a number of hunts. The Harvest Allocation Policy Review project began in 2003. Its goal was to give certainty to both resident and non-resident user groups in how wildlife allocations were made to each group. The current Wildlife Harvest Allocation policy has been transitionally in place since 2007 and was scheduled to be fully implemented in 2011, but did not occur.

· Our intent is for a consistent and transparent policy that is fair to all wildlife user groups.
· All stakeholders want the same thing – healthy wildlife populations that can be sustainably used by all groups.
· Sustainable hunting contributes over $350 million to the B.C. economy.
· While resident hunters are a higher priority than non-residents, this does not imply that resident demand must be fully satisfied before non-residents can be granted harvest opportunities. Instead, it means that the share that goes to residents is considerably greater than the share that goes to non-residents.
· This decision follows a comprehensive review of the Harvest Allocation Policy, and ensures:
o First Nations hunts and conservation goals are not affected.
o Resident hunters continue to receive priority shares of the wildlife allocation, with a stable and predictable percentage.
o By regionally tailoring the allocation decision, impacts on resident hunters are minimized. Resident hunters will continue to receive priority shares of the wildlife allocation, with a stable and predictable percentage.
o Vacant areas and areas not currently allocated to guides will continue to be maintained as unguided areas, and available for resident hunting.
o The decision to have clear and legislated splits for each harvest will result in less discretion in the hands of regional managers – and therefore more certainty for all user groups. Until legislative amendments can be made, the allocation splits will be set in policy.
o Targeted increased shares of allocation for guide outfitters to help ensure the guide outfitter industry remains economically viable.

That's not good. This reeks of HST style disission making. Ram it through despite what the majority thinks. Special consideration given to small interest groups. A friend sent me this comment on facebook. "Minister Bennett used to be a GO...they also gave them crown tenure on their territories!" I don't know if it is true or not but it wouldn't suprise me.

Ambush
12-10-2014, 11:03 PM
Well at least I guess that finally proves once and for all that the GOABC can, will and has screwed us over.

It's time that 100,000 hunting voters and their families tell the politicians that pander to this shit they are done.

Death to the GOABC. You greedy, self serving thieves. Never again will I defend you and your business and I'm sorry that I ever did.

one-shot-wonder
12-10-2014, 11:07 PM
We can STILL CHANGE it

REGION SPECIES RESIDENT
% SPLIT
INDUSTRY
% SPLIT
1 Bull Elk 80 20
1 Either Sex Elk 80 20
1 Grizzly Bear 60 40
2 Bull Elk 80 20
3 Mountain Goat 65 35
3 Grizzly Bear 60 40
3 Moose 80 20
3 Big Horn Sheep 70 30
4 Big Horn Sheep GOS GOS
4 Mountain Goat 65 35
4 Grizzly Bear 60 40
4 Bull Moose 80 20
5 Moose 75 25
5 Bull Caribou 75 25
5 Grizzly Bear 60 40
5 Mountain Goat 65 35
6 North Thin Horn Sheep 60 40
6 South Moose 75 25
6 North Moose 75 25
6 South Mountain Goat 65 35
6 North Mountain Goat 65 35
6 North Caribou 75 25
6 South Grizzly Bear 60 40
6 North Grizzly Bear 60 40
7 A Bull Moose 75 25
7 A Grizzly Bear 60 40
7 B Mountain Goat 65 35
7 B Antlerless Elk 98 2
7 B Grizzly Bear 60 40
7 B Bison 80 20
8 Bull Moose 80 20
8 Big Horn Sheep 70 30
8 Mountain Goat 65 35
8 Grizzly Bear 60 40

No Stone Sheep in 7B.....in case some of you sheep hunters missed that, non-resident tags for Stones as it stands will not be legislated and will be likely further thrown to the GO's under the table, especially knowing the regional manager!

Everett
12-11-2014, 08:09 AM
Non residents getting %20 of the moose harvest in Kootenay is absolute bullshit I know people who have been waiting close to 20 years to draw.

Stone Sheep Steve
12-11-2014, 08:23 AM
Non residents getting %20 of the moose harvest in Kootenay is absolute bullshit I know people who have been waiting close to 20 years to draw.

And now they can kill every legal ram in the koots as well.

Stone Sheep Steve
12-11-2014, 08:23 AM
No Stone Sheep in 7B.....in case some of you sheep hunters missed that, non-resident tags for Stones as it stands will not be legislated and will be likely further thrown to the GO's under the table, especially knowing the regional manager!

I'm sure that was part of the master plan when they appointed that RM.

SSS

Rackmastr
12-11-2014, 10:31 AM
And now they can kill every legal ram in the koots as well.

This is the one that came as a complete shock to me when I read the email.

I was curious about the Reg 7 Stone's sheep stuff when I didnt see it on the list and wondered why.

Wow....

Big Rich
12-11-2014, 12:37 PM
Signed and forwarded.

Rich