PDA

View Full Version : Vortex Binoculars

hunter1947
12-06-2014, 06:00 AM
I bought a set of 10x42 Vortex binoculars last year this year they fogged up inside ..
I took a video clip of them fogged up to send with the binos when I send them back I also have the box they came in and the bill from the store I bought them from a sporting good store here in Cranbrook.

My question is do any of you members know if this company will pay for my shipping these binos back to them ??? I know there warranted for life time,,thank you for any feed back ;-)..

hunter1947
12-06-2014, 06:42 AM
Sorry mods this thread should had been on Open chat I thought I had the open chat page open but I screwed up been in the bush to long LOL..

Ferenc
12-06-2014, 06:49 AM
You'll have to pay shipping there...they should cover the shipping back .. I know Gentec does for the zeiss products.

bearhunter338-06
12-06-2014, 07:33 AM
Take them back to the store first they may do an exchange over the counter.

Bushy
12-06-2014, 07:54 AM
Had the same problem, sent them back, back in 3 weeks! They polished the glass and a note to use the proper cleaning method.
Great customer service.
I take a lot of better care for them now.

hunter1947
12-06-2014, 08:34 AM
Take them back to the store first they may do an exchange over the counter.

nope i already did this they won't take then back

BimmerBob
12-06-2014, 09:15 AM
Contact Vortex directly and explain the problem, they may send you to a store for an over the counter exchange. It was certainly my understanding that they had a no-hassle warranty with over the counter exchange at their dealers so I am kind of wondering about the particular store you bought them at...

coach
12-06-2014, 09:29 AM

Did you purchase them at that store? Interesting they wouldn't take them back, Wayne, with all the claims of great "over the counter, no questions asked warranty service".

Ranger95
12-06-2014, 09:58 AM

write an email to vortex addressed to marketing manager - explaining your issue and the poor service given by the store - they will sort it out really quickly

landphil
12-06-2014, 10:01 AM
^^ I don't see anything in their warranty policy about over-the-counter replacement.

http://www.vortexoptics.com/content/vip_warranty

I do know my brother had to send his binos to vortex for warranty, at Grouse River's direction.

hardnocks
12-06-2014, 10:14 AM
some times vortex will over the counter rifle scopes but never bino`s

thick
12-06-2014, 11:14 AM
^^ I don't see anything in their warranty policy about over-the-counter replacement.

http://www.vortexoptics.com/content/vip_warranty

I do know my brother had to send his binos to vortex for warranty, at Grouse River's direction.

X2

i brought mine into grouse river last year and they said I had to send them in myself, said they don't do over the counter exchange. I paid the shipping to the factory and they paid it back. This was on the diamondbacks and they repaired them instead of replacing. I have since bought the viper hd.

longstonec
12-06-2014, 11:21 AM
I sent mine back last year as i broke one of the eye pieces. paid for shipping there. I emailed them a week later and the response back was along the lines of "oh you haven't gotten them back yet? here is the tracking info you should get them in the next day or so and we gave you new lens covers as your where missing"

VanIsle
12-06-2014, 12:16 PM
A lot of responses about sending Vortex binoculars back for warranty work. Makes me think twice about buying Vortex. Warranties are fine, but I would rather have binos that don't fail.

todbartell
12-06-2014, 12:17 PM
Vortex warranty is great, but not over the counter except in rare instances where a riflescope reticle breaks, riflescope internal fogging, or crushed tubes. All binocular, spotting scopes, rangefinders shipped to Guelph ON at owners cost, Vortex ships back at no charge.

Very low return rate, much lower than Bushnell or Leupold. Tons of hunters have switched to Vortex optics, for good reason

Ranger95
12-06-2014, 01:29 PM
A lot of responses about sending Vortex binoculars back for warranty work. Makes me think twice about buying Vortex. Warranties are fine, but I would rather have binos that don't fail.

Go go ahead and buy the other crap - when it breaks you will wish that you had been smart enough to buy the vortex ....

bassplayer
12-06-2014, 02:31 PM
I have my 10x42 Vortex Diamondbacks sitting at Vortex right now. Same problem. Got a fog patch in the right lens. I sent them to Vortex Canada and on the page they assured me there would be no shipping, duty or brokerage fees upon their return to me. Vortex Canada sends them to Vortex USA and back to Vortex Canada once the repair or replacement has been made and then returned to me.

https://www.vortexcanada.net/vip-warranty/

Ferenc
12-06-2014, 03:03 PM
Are you guys cooking these binos on the dash of your truck after being out in the field in extreme cold weather... That will surely toast any brand bino..

albravo2
12-06-2014, 03:10 PM
Vortex warranty is great, but not over the counter except in rare instances where a riflescope reticle breaks, riflescope internal fogging, or crushed tubes. All binocular, spotting scopes, rangefinders shipped to Guelph ON at owners cost, Vortex ships back at no charge.

Very low return rate, much lower than Bushnell or Leupold. Tons of hunters have switched to Vortex optics, for good reason

This is a guy that knows what he is talking about.

Their warranty says nothing about being over the counter.

I will keep buying their products. Not the finest glass I've ever seen, but the 'no questions asked' lifetime warranty is worth a lot to me.

todbartell
12-06-2014, 05:02 PM
Vortex replaced my $2400 Razor riflescope when they couldn't fix the illuminated reticle. Even sent me prepaid shipping labels with my new replacement scope so I can Fedex the old one back to them at no charge to me

Another example of great service from Vortex, customer ordered a Razor 11-33x50mm spotting scope ($799) for his upcoming sheep hunt. It came in, we opened it up to find a 16-48x65mm spotter ($1400) with labels on the outside of the box for an 11-33x50. Quick call to Vortex to let them know the situtation, they instructed us to let customer use the 16-48x65mm spotter "tell him to use as if it was his", and upon return from his hunt they will send the 11-33x50 spotter at no charge. He used it, returned it, picked up his 11-33x50 and we shipped the 16-48x65 back to Guelph with prepaid shipping labels from Vortex

In comparison, heres a situation from Leupold recently. Customer bought a Vx3 3.5-10x50, illuminated reticle worked in the store but quit working after he mounted it on his rifle. He sighted his gun in, discovered the illumination was faulty. We ship it back to Leupold on our (the dealer) dime, with instructions that if the scope cannot be fixed and will be replaced, he will like to upgrade to the Vx6 2-12x50 and pay the difference. Few weeks later we get a new Vx3 back, stuffed in a cardboard box with no scope cover, no manual, no original box. No Vx6 upgrade. Leupold will not take back the Vx3, they have no original box for it (had to send it to Leupold USA so they can get credited?) - and we had to order the Vx6 for the customer after the fact. Now trying to flog a NIB vx3 with no box! Great service.......................

tb

mikeboehm
12-06-2014, 05:42 PM
i had to send 1 leupold scope in to fix and line up the cds dial properly. i sent it into korth into korth on thursday and it was back monday at 4pm. later i got a check from leupold refunding me my shipping cost. i have never sent it a bushnell product and ive owned 40 scopes binos and rangefinders. im a leupold fan now because there lighter and im a swarovski binos owner now.

i bought 2 products from vortex. a viper hd binos and a viper scope. the binos fogged up and wouldnt focus, i sent them in had them back quick and they failed again got them fixed and sold them. the scope had a screwed up reticle. im not going to say bad things about vortex but me personally will never buy a product from them if i count count on there product. imo

goatdancer
12-06-2014, 08:15 PM
i had to send 1 leupold scope in to fix and line up the cds dial properly. i sent it into korth into korth on thursday and it was back monday at 4pm. later i got a check from leupold refunding me my shipping cost. i have never sent it a bushnell product and ive owned 40 scopes binos and rangefinders. im a leupold fan now because there lighter and im a swarovski binos owner now.

i bought 2 products from vortex. a viper hd binos and a viper scope. the binos fogged up and wouldnt focus, i sent them in had them back quick and they failed again got them fixed and sold them. the scope had a screwed up reticle. im not going to say bad things about vortex but me personally will never buy a product from them if i count count on there product. imo

Did you use Canada Post? Pretty amazing service considering it was only 3 working days.

mikeboehm
12-06-2014, 08:57 PM
nope purolator

HarryToolips
12-06-2014, 11:40 PM
No unfortunately they don't cover the mailing charges, didn't for me at least...very good warranty, but I'm gettin a little pissed with my Vortex Vipers, have had to send them in twice now for the same issue as you there '47'...good glass, but must be poor quality seals or something..

hunter1947
12-07-2014, 07:43 AM
write an email to vortex addressed to marketing manager - explaining your issue and the poor service given by the store - they will sort it out really quickly

I will call vortex this week and explain my issues to them

hunter1947
12-07-2014, 07:45 AM
No unfortunately they don't cover the mailing charges, didn't for me at least...very good warranty, but I'm gettin a little pissed with my Vortex Vipers, have had to send them in twice now for the same issue as you there '47'...good glass, but must be poor quality seals or something..

X2 same here hope they replace my vortex or fix them the way the should be..

hunter1947
12-07-2014, 07:47 AM

X2 my thoughts as well

huntcoop
12-07-2014, 08:23 AM
There customer service is top notch Wayne, you will have zero issues and will be impressed.

BCHunterTV
12-09-2014, 06:28 PM
As a Prostaff for Vortex I have a pretty good understanding of Vortex's warranty... have you been in contact with Vortex Canada? https://www.vortexcanada.net/

hunter1947
12-10-2014, 05:33 AM
As a Prostaff for Vortex I have a pretty good understanding of Vortex's warranty... have you been in contact with Vortex Canada? https://www.vortexcanada.net/

Yes I called them yesterday told them about my problem they said to fill out a forum regarding info whats wrong with them send the binoculars to them I have to pay for the shipping they pay for return..

chilcotin hillbilly
12-10-2014, 06:49 AM
thats why you should buy Leupold not much more and better glass and quality.

hunter1947
12-10-2014, 09:25 AM
thats why you should buy Leupold not much more and better glass and quality.

I did buy a set of gold ring 10x42 leupols 5 years ago there worse then the vortex I sold them to my friend girlfriend for 100.00 last month they where junk did not like them http://www.huntingbc.ca/forum/images/icons/icon13.png..

hunter1947
12-10-2014, 09:27 AM
The shipping coast 30.00 I insured them for 700.00 there off to ON..

BCHunterTV
12-10-2014, 10:56 PM
Good to hear Wayne, any issues pm me and I'll look into it for you

Yes I called them yesterday told them about my problem they said to fill out a forum regarding info whats wrong with them send the binoculars to them I have to pay for the shipping they pay for return..

hunter1947
12-11-2014, 07:22 AM
Good to hear Wayne, any issues pm me and I'll look into it for you

Thank's and all the best to you and your family at this time of the year..

Shooter
12-11-2014, 06:03 PM
Just curious but what model of vortex bino's are these that fogged?

hunter1947
12-14-2014, 05:54 AM
Just curious but what model of vortex bino's are these that fogged?

There Viper HD Binoculars

hunter1947
12-21-2014, 06:26 AM
Vortex Canada VIP Warranty: Ticket ID #VIP00000387

New update
Dear Wayne Willman,

The status of your VPR-4210-HD is currently: Sent to US.

The following update was added to your VIP Warranty ticket:

"Sent to US for repairs Dec 19, 2014"

If you want to send an e-mail reply please do so here (service@vortexcanada.net?subject=VIP%20Warranty%2 0Enquiry:%20%23VIP00000387), not by replying to this e-mail - it won't go anywhere!

Sincerely,

Vortex Canada VIP Warranty Team

Vortex Canada45 Airpark Place, Unit 5
Guelph, ON N1L 1B2
tel: 1-866-343-0054
fax: 519-767-6600
e-mail: service@vortexcanada.net (service@vortexcanada.net?subject=VIP%20Warranty%2 0Enquiry:%20%23VIP00000387)
www.vortexcanada.net (http://www.vortexcanada.net/)

hunter1947
01-10-2015, 06:53 AM
Still no word on when I will get my Vortex binos back I sent them in just before Christmas day

hunter1947
01-17-2015, 07:17 AM
This is good news my binoculars will be here on time for my start of the 2015 shed hunt ,,,very happy and did not coast me anything only for when I shipping them..

Dear Wayne Willman,

The status of your VPR-4210-HD is currently: Shipped.

The following update was added to your VIP Warranty ticket:

"Shipped back to customer Jan 15, 2015

Canada Post tracking #:

Ranger95
01-17-2015, 08:02 AM
I sent my VX3 to Korth, got a new one back in 10 days - great service!

When I sent my Vortex Viper back - I got a new one in 10 days as well - great device from both suppliers.