PDA

View Full Version : That was fast.

Wagonmaster
12-05-2014, 06:00 PM
A couple of weeks ago, I inquired on HBC as to when one should renew their Possession/Acquisition Licence. There were all kinds of stories about renewals taking a year right up to one individual who reapplied online and had his back in 10 days. I applied online on November 25th, it was issued December 1st and arrived at my house December 4th. So it looks like the system is running very smoothly. I might add a couple of points that might help. Just Google "renew firearms possession acquisition" and choose the second one down "Renewing Firearms Licences..." Click "renew online" about 6 or 7 paragraphs down and then follow along. You need to get a GC Key which is part of the process. Most photos you upload from your camera are 6MB or bigger, so you need to resize choosing small. Thank you to those who replied to my original query.

goatdancer
12-05-2014, 09:44 PM
Maybe we could get this stickied for future reference.

BiG Boar
12-05-2014, 09:46 PM
I've got buddies that have been waiting months. Didn't know you could do it online.

Jagermeister
12-05-2014, 10:38 PM
Now that is smoking.
For your convenience.
http://www.rcmp-grc.gc.ca/cfp-pcaf/fs-fd/renew-renouv-eng.htm

Liveforthehunt
12-05-2014, 10:54 PM
That's awesome good to hear

russm86
12-06-2014, 12:10 PM
I've got buddies that have been waiting months. Didn't know you could do it online.

x2, I also didn't know it could be done online. Is this new? How long have you been able to do this?

Iron Glove
12-06-2014, 12:24 PM
Filled in the online forms but didn't have a suitable digital pic and I'm computer useless so went to London Drugs, had a pic taken, sent the stuff in snail mail and had my renewal in less than 3 weeks.
Forgot I had to renew my Authorization to Transport stuff for the restricteds so called the CFO line, actually got a human in less than 2 minutes and simply had to email a copy of my Gun Club membership and they said I should have the AT stuff emailed back in @ 5 days.
Overall not too bad of an experience.

Jhors
12-06-2014, 12:33 PM
I renewed with the paper form and Canada Post. Had the renewed license in my hand is four weeks. I did not think was bad considering it had to go by mail.

longstonec
12-06-2014, 12:48 PM
#toldyouso

Skull Hunter
12-06-2014, 02:31 PM
yup, mine only took a few weeks through the mail as well. That's even with me messing up the forms slightly.

Wagonmaster
12-06-2014, 03:10 PM
Re: the photo. Take a head and shoulder shot outside against the exterior of the house. Load it into your computer using the SD card. It will likely be in the neighbourhood of 6MB which is larger than they accept. Open Windows Live Photo Gallery and double click on the picture. That will tell you the size. To resize, single click on the picture to highlight, then right click and choose resize. Select small, resize and save. Will get a new picture smaller in size and the old one will still be present. Can again double click on it to check size and you will see that it is smaller. Upload that one when filling out the online application.

Wentrot
12-06-2014, 03:30 PM
#toldyouso

Please, for the love of god no pre teen hash tag twitter bull crap....I beg of you!!!!