PDA

View Full Version : My majestic Big Buck...Thanks to my friend (repost)

kanadabetyar
12-03-2014, 11:23 PM
This is a re-post of my earlier post which unfortunately got lost during the latest problems with the HuntingBC site..I do not mean to brag (Ok just a little :smile:). But just as much as I like to see others having great hunting success, I also think this monster buck is worthy of display and maybe showing off a bit..:smile: So her is the original post...

I recently joined HuntingBC and now I feel I need to share my story with like-minded people that will understand how I feel....

After 2 months of anticipation, frustration, dreaming with deer, hiking the hills, freezing my butt off in the bush, watching two of my friends both having their bucks on the same weekend, finally, on the first day of 4 point season I was royally rewarded with a gorgeous trophy buck.

My friend and hunting partner who infected me with the disease and helped me in everything, never stopped supporting me. Not only he is a very skillful and successful hunter but I believe he can see the future. He was telling me things like this:
'You are gonna have your buck just stay positive!'
'There is nothing wrong with your hunting just need luck!'
'We have weeded out the smaller bucks and you will have the wall-hanger!'
'Tomorrow I take you to this spot you shoot the buck and we can go to our other hunting grounds!'
Then he found me this buck and I just had to hunt it down!! "Teamwork'- he said but I know that without him I would not have had this fantastic experience that I will never forget. I still can't quite believe it though the meat is in the freezer and I am already working on the trophy.

And I am more hooked than ever thanks to my friend....

Thanks for reading...

xtrail
12-03-2014, 11:30 PM
Nice Buck!
Thanks for sharing

kennyj
12-04-2014, 06:37 AM
Thats a beauty!!!
kenny

http://www.huntingbc.ca/forum/attachment.php?attachmentid=5166&d=1416547503 (http://www.huntingbc.ca/forum/attachment.php?attachmentid=5166&d=1416547503)

laredo318
12-04-2014, 07:08 AM
Very nice!!!!!!!
Way to go!!!

Knute
12-04-2014, 07:11 AM
Definitely a buck worthy of re-posting.
Thanks for the share, good on you and your buddy.
In this case a little bragging is a good thing ;)

hunter1947
12-04-2014, 07:15 AM
Nice rack congrats to you..

coach
12-04-2014, 07:38 AM
Great stuff! Congrats on a very nice buck. I love the excitement in your post. Thanks for sharing.

M.Dean
12-04-2014, 07:49 AM
Pretty sure most guys would "Re-post" that buck, myself included! Congrats to you and your hunting buddy!

ydouask
12-04-2014, 09:22 AM
:D You are a fortunate man to have found a good friend to show you the way... he's a keeper ! Nice buck too, congrats.

d6dan
12-04-2014, 09:45 AM
Beauty Mulie. Its nice to have such a good hunting buddy. :grin: