PDA

View Full Version : NDP would introduce improved gun registry ...

East Van Ray
12-03-2014, 03:45 PM
Here we go again ... another $ Billion screw-up being planned ...? public safety? thoughts?

http://news.nationalpost.com/2014/12/03/ndp-government-would-create-new-and-improved-gun-registry-without-going-overboard-mulcair-says/

NDP Leader Tom Mulcair said Wednesday a New Democrat government would create a gun registry that would allow police to track every firearm in Canada.
Mulcair stopped short of saying that he wants to reconstitute the long-gun registry, which the Tories did away with in 2012. He said the registry, brought in by the previous Liberal government, was problematic.

“There has to be a way to get this done to ensure public protection without going overboard,” Mulcair said.

Farmers and hunters strenuously objected to the registry, but Mulcair says requiring firearms to be registered is no different than the obligation to register a car or license a dog. And he says duck hunters don’t need assault rifles, unless they’re planning to shoot a pterodactyl.

Mulcair made the comments after meeting with his caucus, and days before the 25th anniversary of the shooting at Ecole Polytechnique in Montreal. As well, the Commons has a new gun bill before it, C-42, that would loosen restrictions around transporting prohibited and restricted firearms, and give cabinet the final say over how guns are classified.

Mulcair’s comments are likely to go over well in Quebec – the main source of the NDP’s seats in the Commons. That province is fighting to keep the data from the now-defunct federal registry so it can create a registry of its own.
Liberal Leader Justin Trudeau told reporters that his party had no interest in bringing back a long-gun registry. He said the government could do more around how guns are classified, and the “proper review” of people who buy a firearm.

adriaticum
12-03-2014, 04:59 PM
Can you please point out one person who pays attention to what Mulcair says?

Ruffed
12-03-2014, 05:03 PM
Now, what Turdo says, that's a different story. He would probably do it too. He just wouldn't tell you until he gets elected (praying that that never happens.

Fisher-Dude
12-03-2014, 05:06 PM
This is good news. I hope Angry Tom keeps all the NDP seats in Quebec. That would keep the pothead drama teacher from scooping them up, forming a majority, and turning Canada into Allan Rock's vision.

dougan
12-03-2014, 05:20 PM
Ndp suck anyway

12-03-2014, 05:23 PM
This is good news. I hope Angry Tom keeps all the NDP seats in Quebec. That would keep the pothead drama teacher from scooping them up, forming a majority, and turning Canada into Allan Rock's vision.

I agree. I do worry about Trudeau's comments about classifying firearms. I suspect any black "scary" looking guns or perhaps even semi-automatics would be prohibited under Trudeau.

itsy bitsy xj
12-03-2014, 05:30 PM
But I have a semi-auto for duck hunting

russm86
12-03-2014, 05:51 PM
But I have a semi-auto for duck hunting

You mean pterodactyl hunting ;) lol

HIGHRPM
12-03-2014, 05:54 PM
What can I say, the man is a F- - kin ASSHOLE !!

4 point
12-03-2014, 08:35 PM
The NDP party will never see governing Canada anytime soon period. Even before Tom M. made this statement now it will be never. The NDP's big win last time in Quebec was a rebellion vote against the other parties running in the province. Several of the NDP candidates didn't even campaign. What does that tell you.They will not sustain those seats next time. Eventually it will be Tom who!

Cookie1965
12-03-2014, 09:21 PM
Like I needed a reason not to vote for those idiots

Everett
12-03-2014, 09:26 PM
Well at least mister angry is at least honest enough to tell us what he is planning that grease ball Shiny Pony will lie to your face and day one if he is elected we will have another registry. To be honest I respect Mulclair he at least is a man that slime Turdo Junior is just as much scum bag as his father was.

aggiehunter
12-03-2014, 10:22 PM
I love how the NDP shoot themselves in the foot every year...first they want National Parks and take away all your rights and now waste more money on gun crazy registration.....keep up the good work.

Citori54
12-04-2014, 06:29 PM
The best news is that after this there is no hope of them being elected and hopefully they will be relegated back to where they belong with the typical 17% popular vote. Complete and utter nonsense coming out of his mouth but he is just trying to get the Quebec vote. His timing is pretty bad as the most recent stats show that in 2013, the first full year since the registry was scrapped, homicide by firearm was down 25% in Canada.....kind of defeats the argument of Mulcair and the rest of the gun control fanatics that a registry improves safety. After his statement, I hope nobody on HBC would even consider voting NDP.

Fisher-Dude
12-04-2014, 11:06 PM
The NDP has to retain several seats. The idiots who vote for them are stupid enough to vote for the Liberals, and we can't have that.

Keep the leftist asshole vote evenly split between Angry Tom and Pretty Boy, as that's how we can keep a common sense Conservative government protecting our rights and keeping our economy strong.

Sofa King
12-04-2014, 11:12 PM
mulcair has to be the dumbest.
how is he their leader?
does he not realize that promising to abolish the registry is pretty much what got harper voted in?

Fisher-Dude
12-04-2014, 11:21 PM
Harper got voted in on the promise of a strong economy. He delivered and that's why he keeps winning elections.

The gun registry promise was an issue but was minor compared to the economy.