PDA

View Full Version : Burnaby Meat Cutter

Cham
12-03-2014, 12:23 PM
Hi all,

Just wanted to share my recent experience with Carver's Custom Game Cutting in Burnaby (he's now on the latest meat cutter's list).

Darren was great, and did a top notch job with our buck. The cuts were done right, and packaged well. He's got a proper cold room as well, so hanging the meat isn't a problem.

I'm not affiliated with Darren in any way, but I've been looking for someone to cut meat in the lower mainland for quite a while now. I was really impressed with his work, and I know he's not really a forum guy, so he wouldn't be posting here himself.

Anyway, it was the first time I've ever had my butcher follow up personally to make sure I was happy with everything!

Happy hunting!

J_T
12-03-2014, 12:30 PM
Great Report. I'm in before Steelco got here.

I think it's great to have information on hanging and cutting on here. Regardless of why a rule started. It's time to re-think it. Things change, the site was just upgraded technologically, perhaps it's time for a policy upgrade. Hunters need information on hanging and cutting. Especially hunters to travel to hunt. You need to have an exit plan. Being able to use a mobile phone, post a quick thread on here looking for information about where to hang or cut.

Glad you got great service from your cutter.

Fisher-Dude
12-03-2014, 12:47 PM

I think it's great to have information on hanging and cutting on here. Regardless of why a rule started. It's time to re-think it. Things change, the site was just upgraded technologically, perhaps it's time for a policy upgrade. Hunters need information on hanging and cutting. Especially hunters to travel to hunt. You need to have an exit plan. Being able to use a mobile phone, post a quick thread on here looking for information about where to hang or cut.

Agree 100%. We're here to share information, and the "nuking" of these threads serves no one.

Updated server, updated policy. Time to shelve what doesn't work.

Paulyman
12-03-2014, 01:09 PM
Great thread in my opinion, having a cutter in Burnaby is a good thing. What's the contact info for this place?

f350ps
12-03-2014, 01:10 PM

Well said JT, I totally agree. I would have never known about this guy with out a post like the OP's. Sure, I can email Steelco and get the list but I wouldn't get info like this! K

markomoose
12-03-2014, 02:40 PM
Agree with all !!Well said!Never understood why meat cutter info got axed anytime someone posted.Ridiculous!

Danicus
12-03-2014, 02:47 PM
Agreed! One of the more useful pieces of information for newer hunters as well since alot of us struggle to find meat cutters in areas we hunt in.

J_T
12-03-2014, 03:44 PM
Well said JT, I totally agree. I would have never known about this guy with out a post like the OP's. Sure, I can email Steelco and get the list but I wouldn't get info like this! K The key point for hunters who are in the field is that they don't have Steelco's contact info in their mobile device, when they need it. A quick post on here asking for information and guys on this forum will step up and get the hunter what he needs. Probably more local offers will come in that way too. Doesn't this build the camaraderie hunters crave?

Stone Sheep Steve
12-03-2014, 04:26 PM
This is Cham's first post. Maybe he is the meat cutter???
Not suggesting he is but.......you know where I'm going with this.

SSS

Cham
12-03-2014, 05:12 PM
I'm not the meat cutter; as I already stated in my post. If you don't believe that, it's easy enough for you to just ignore the whole thread and you are none the wiser!

Steeleco
12-03-2014, 05:27 PM
First off the cutter rule isn't mine. It's Marc's I did the list as a favor to get around this rule. Hell I cut my own so it's no skin off my nose list or no list. I agree times have changed and I too would like to see changes too. It's up to Marc.