PDA

View Full Version : BC Whitetail Nov 19 2014

cstairs
11-20-2014, 11:08 AM
Set up my blind and camera after a long elk hunting season. Needing some fun hunting after a long season. Had six does on camera instantly they seemed to hang around. First buck showed a week later. I sat and seen does all day everyday. Full moon slowed everything down all movement at night leaving me some long sits. Checking camera kept me in blind, as well as being stubborn. The 17&18th of November went by without even seeing a deer frustrated I changed sd cards found I had three shooter bucks all night and five does. The morning of the 19th I headed in half hour before light in a Window the camera said little movement. Wind was perfect, -7c didn't bump any deer walking in feeling great about sit. Right at shooting light I heard to grunts behind me and some quick steps in the leaves. Seconds later my buck steps out broadside. Putting my Excalibur matrix 330 to my shoulder and cross hairs behind the shoulder I pulled the trigger. Next I watched my lighted knock topped with a rage to blade fly through my buck. He crashed forty yards and hit the dirt. Next I got my hunting partner to come take pictures and drag him out. Planned on sitting all day. But only hunted ten minutes that morning.51605161

kennyj
11-20-2014, 11:21 AM
Nice buck! Thanks for sharing your story. Welcome to HBC.
kenny

IronNoggin
11-20-2014, 11:23 AM
Hell of a Nice Crossbow Buck!
And way to stick it out to get him!

Congrats All Round!! :-D

Cheers,
Nog

d6dan
11-20-2014, 11:29 AM
Solid buck!. patience payed off.. Congrats :-D

ElliotMoose
11-20-2014, 12:42 PM
Solid BC whitetail right there! Congrats and welcome to the site

Ovis17
11-20-2014, 12:55 PM
Looks like a good one.....congrats!

Ron.C
11-20-2014, 01:13 PM
Nice archery buck. Got to love it when a planned all day sit turns into a short day.