PDA

View Full Version : What would you think if someone was ***n with your trail cam for over 10mins?

RayHill
11-19-2014, 11:04 PM
The thing that these two POS don't know is that I was right there watching them when they were pulling on my well cable locked boxed trail cam. And I also have them on full video with sound and no the batteries were not dead on it... Should I post the video of you two douches? a bit of a public shaming? You know how lucky you both were that you didn't damage it or that i didn't come out of my blind and show you how much i disliked you messing with my property.

I'm glad you left the next morning... because i was going to have a nice talk with you if you came down to see my cam for the third time in a week. If you didn't notice me sitting less then 50 yards away you are not very observant hunters and should not even waste your time in the woods and stick to trying to steel food at the grocery store it will be easier then steeling trail cams cable locked to trees.

PS... kiss my ass!

Sofa King
11-19-2014, 11:09 PM
put 'em up.
let's see them sumbitches.

Whonnock Boy
11-19-2014, 11:18 PM
Were they really trying to take it, or just checking it out? Just asking.....

hoochie
11-19-2014, 11:25 PM
put 'em up.
let's see them sumbitches.

agreed. its time people start being shamed!!

Sofa King
11-19-2014, 11:27 PM
and the vid won't lie.
it'll show what they were doing.
if they had visited it twice, I'd think that they were contemplating taking it.
the lock must have confused them good.

ActionJackson017
11-19-2014, 11:30 PM
Oh boy.. this could get ugly.

hoochie
11-19-2014, 11:33 PM
next time put some tannerite near by. nail it.. they will shit themselves.

Phreddy
11-19-2014, 11:36 PM
It would really help if one could see the footage. That way if we run into them in our hunting area we know that they need to be watched closely. It's a shame that hunting has reached the point where you can't have a little trust in others in the bush, but I guess that's "progress".

Drillbit
11-19-2014, 11:36 PM
next time put some tannerite near by. nail it.. they will shit themselves.

Oh ya!!! That gets my vote!

Plus, show us the vid/pics

elkhunter1
11-19-2014, 11:37 PM
another fu$$up post.

proguide66
11-19-2014, 11:54 PM
You have to ask?? that's GOLD !! get it up !! that's worse than telling everyone you hammered a monster buck and not posting pics !!! lol I woulda posted the video before typing about it !!!!! just do it........

RayHill
11-19-2014, 11:54 PM
I was going to jump out and yell at them but that would have messed up my hunt that I look forward to all year.. I would have lost it on them if they broke it.

I will post the videos up. You can see for yourself what you think but when someone is working on something for over 10 mins that is not a curiosity thing.

I would like to know who they are... my cam was up the Eastside of Harrison up high..... I believe not 100% that they were with a group that were driving a gray pickup and a maroon color pickup truck. They left on their way down on the 16th in the morning around 9 or 10 am from what i can remember.

The two twits that did this one didn't have a gun so he was just someone that didnt have a hunting license or something like that. The guys that was thinking he would help himself to my cam had what looks to be a Browning Madallion rifle and Badlands jacket and he looks fat not fat in a good way like Santa.... but in a lazy way like I'm going to steel your trail cam kind of way

Whonnock Boy
11-19-2014, 11:59 PM
10 minutes..... sounds like a good enough reason to post the vid. :-D

RayHill
11-20-2014, 12:00 AM
You have to ask?? that's GOLD !! get it up !! that's worse than telling everyone you hammered a monster buck and not posting pics !!! lol I woulda posted the video before typing about it !!!!! just do it........

I have some high quality video that takes time to up load but we will all see it.. I love the internet.. I think they didn't want to leave it because it held the evedence of what they were up too. the funny thing is I know what they were up to so the on the 14th I switched the intervals to less to catch the whole thing. O how i wanted to punch him!

proguide66
11-20-2014, 12:02 AM
I have some high quality video that takes time to up load but we will all see it.. I love the internet.. I think they didn't want to leave it because it held the evedence of what they were up too. the funny thing is I know what they were up to so the on the 14th I switched the intervals to less to catch the whole thing. O how i wanted to punch him!

Oh my...I'm excited, lmao....... this is like waiting for huge buck pics after reading the story !!!! lmao........ I wonder how many 'potential' readers on here are feeling kinda nervous right now ??? hahaha

RayHill
11-20-2014, 12:05 AM
http://i1232.photobucket.com/albums/ff364/raysmailbank/th_EK000078_zpsa6ywhwvz.mp4 (http://i1232.photobucket.com/albums/ff364/raysmailbank/EK000078_zpsa6ywhwvz.mp4)

RayHill
11-20-2014, 12:08 AM
http://i1232.photobucket.com/albums/ff364/raysmailbank/th_EK000080_zps6bxlp6dj.mp4 (http://i1232.photobucket.com/albums/ff364/raysmailbank/EK000080_zps6bxlp6dj.mp4)

RayHill
11-20-2014, 12:09 AM
Turn up the sound on your computer to watch these too it is funny

RayHill
11-20-2014, 12:10 AM
http://i1232.photobucket.com/albums/ff364/raysmailbank/th_EK000082_zpsrrauouru.mp4 (http://i1232.photobucket.com/albums/ff364/raysmailbank/EK000082_zpsrrauouru.mp4)

longstonec
11-20-2014, 12:12 AM
WAAAy ahead of ya on the sound!

longstonec
11-20-2014, 12:18 AM
I dont have any trail cameras. But I have had enough things stolen from me / vehicles broken into in the past to know how great it would have been to have video of the guy(s) that stole my dirty work clothing out of my truck + a digital storage device with the only copy of old family photos… or my chainsaw… or my bike followed by my new bike again.

RayHill
11-20-2014, 12:20 AM
And note that this was the third time in a four day period that they were back.. Notice the cheep binos he is wearing also... time for an upgrade? Maybe he wanted to steel my cam to pawn it off to help pay for some good glass?

adriaticum
11-20-2014, 12:25 AM
Post it on FB groups.
Someone will know.

RayHill
11-20-2014, 12:25 AM
There is more to this story! These guys were such crapy outdoors men that the bucks showed up after even after they crashed there way through on every day they were there. Two dumb Fuds!!

bassplayer
11-20-2014, 12:35 AM
Well Ray. You are a lot more tolerant than me. If i was watching that from my blind, i'd be out of that blind in a flash and driving my fist into their fat beaks. I've had a cam stolen and others tampered with and my blood is just boiling watching these clowns work your cam over.

Ovis17
11-20-2014, 12:37 AM
Video doesn't want to open for me....... :(

Ovis17
11-20-2014, 12:43 AM
Disregard...got it.

RayHill
11-20-2014, 12:48 AM
Well Ray. You are a lot more tolerant than me. If i was watching that from my blind, i'd be out of that blind in a flash and driving my fist into their fat beaks. I've had a cam stolen and others tampered with and my blood is just boiling watching these clowns work your cam over.

It was boiling.... My Dad told me to have patience when hunting and it all ways works for me. I was going to go up to their camp that evening but I had better things to do like get up early and find that big buck I have been following all year. When I saw the trucks leaving I thought the next best thing to do was post up their videos.

RayHill
11-20-2014, 12:51 AM
I know if it wasn't locked up that he would have taken it off the tree and then they would have had a BIG problem!

Tīɡ
11-20-2014, 01:00 AM
That's outrageous! These are the types of dumbf***s that make the rest of us look bad. Kudos on keeping a cool head, I wouldn't have been nearly that calm. I hope those idiots see this! Whenever I run into a trailcam, I simply raise one hand to say hello and keep on moving. I would be right pissed if my cam ever got stolen!

markomoose
11-20-2014, 03:32 AM
Those two peices of turd should have their asses kicked and their hunting privelages revoked.Did you report it?

RayHill
11-20-2014, 03:54 AM
Those two peices of turd should have their asses kicked and their hunting privelages revoked.Did you report it?

Didn't get their plate number... but I got both their faces and I will never forget a face ;)

RayHill
11-20-2014, 03:57 AM
Someone who knows them should chime in I'm hoping. I gave a bunch of info on this threadh to help out.

RayHill
11-20-2014, 03:58 AM
Someone who knows them should chime in I'm hoping. I gave a bunch of info on this thread to help out.

hunter1947
11-20-2014, 06:13 AM
If this had happened to me I would had confronted this hunter right there and then to set him straight ,,now he thinks he can do this to any trail cam ,,dam looser he is..

BRvalley
11-20-2014, 07:55 AM
post on all the FB groups

butthead
11-20-2014, 08:27 AM
yah yah lets see it
i of fired a shot just to scare the shit out of them

Wentrot
11-20-2014, 08:27 AM
Yes post on all the FB groups, a public shaming is needed very badly for fatty.

curt
11-20-2014, 08:33 AM
im not even sure why we are talking about this the video would have been up a long time ago if it was me you showed lots of control not beating the shit out of them right there

TARCHER
11-20-2014, 08:44 AM
Would seem to me they are more than curious. No reason to even approach the camera. Sound would have been a big bonus

russm86
11-20-2014, 08:49 AM
yah yah lets see it
i of fired a shot just to scare the shit out of them

Yea, if you were only 50yds away a shot in the opposite direction probably would have made them s**t their panties...

MB_Boy
11-20-2014, 08:57 AM
http://i1232.photobucket.com/albums/ff364/raysmailbank/th_EK000078_zpsa6ywhwvz.mp4 (http://i1232.photobucket.com/albums/ff364/raysmailbank/EK000078_zpsa6ywhwvz.mp4)

Ray....what are they looking at on the ground in this first vid before they turn to the camera?

Would seem to me they are more than curious. No reason to even approach the camera. Sound would have been a big bonus

Psssst.....there is sound although not super clear, turn up your volume. :wink:

Wild one
11-20-2014, 09:08 AM
I would not be able to sit and watch them screw with my cam. Might have been better to say something to make them think twice about touching a cam in the future. I just like to deal with people face to face is all.

Vid is taking too long to load right now will watch it later. I say print of some photos and post them up in a few sport stores maybe a laminated 1 on the main road in east Harrison. Get it around the lower mainland because odds are they live here not many out of region hunters come to hunt our crappie mountains lol

huntcoop
11-20-2014, 09:47 AM
If the one video you can clearly hear him say, "I just wanna see the pictures buddy, I don't wanna steal your camera".

lbmmike
11-20-2014, 09:53 AM
If the one video you can clearly hear him say, "I just wanna see the pictures buddy, I don't wanna steal your camera".

F that, get your own camera then.....

huntcoop
11-20-2014, 09:56 AM
F that, get your own camera then.....

I agree, just pointing out what some/most may have not picked up on.

B-rad
11-20-2014, 10:02 AM
We should start a "shame" thread,,,,,pics,,vehicle descriptions,complaints,area,,,,,,then everyone would have some sort of a reference to look at and compare notes,,,,,and if need be,,,,group together to press charges depending on offence

264mag
11-20-2014, 10:04 AM
I would show that to the guys at Kent Outdoors and Chilliwack Dart, chances are they were in one of the shops.

GotaGun
11-20-2014, 10:48 AM
Not cool to touch camera's. ..
Other hand .what's your lock system that they couldn't deal with, sounds good.

RayHill
11-20-2014, 11:28 AM

Yes sure he did... did you here them in the last video talking about ( if it could be one that sends the pics to a cell phone and then them saying that thats not something to worry about because there isn't any service up here. And then when they said "unless the guy is up here right now, he might be close" little did they know I was 60 yards right up hill to the North of them inside a slash looking right at them through my Zeiss 10x42's.

The lock was for their health, because if I did just use the strap and they removed it from the tree or opened it and messed with the SD card. Which they had all intent to, they would have had a big problem!

IronNoggin
11-20-2014, 11:47 AM
Gotta say Ray - You are a MUCH Better Man than I!
There is simply No Way I could have sat there and watched these Idjuts fooling with my cam! Nope, No Way!
Kudos for showing such Control!
And Kudos for posting the Video. Someone WILL recognize these AssHats! Let the Shaming Begin! :twisted:

Cheers,
Nog

caddisguy
11-20-2014, 12:27 PM
Looks like a couple of goons

Sofa King
11-20-2014, 12:30 PM

how did they think they were going to view them though?
I guess by taking the camera home probably.
they probably said that when they realized they weren't getting the cam but they knew they were being recorded.
funny how they made sure to stay hidden after the initial stumbling upon it.

huntcoop
11-20-2014, 12:38 PM
how did they think they were going to view them though?

I'm not very familiar with trail cams but can you not view the pix or video with the cam itself?

BigfishCanada
11-20-2014, 12:40 PM
Doesnt really matter, dont mess with guys cams. I would do a funny pic if i saw and leave it untouched

laredo318
11-20-2014, 01:22 PM
Wont open for me....boooo!!!!!!!!

caddisguy
11-20-2014, 01:22 PM
I'm not very familiar with trail cams but can you not view the pix or video with the cam itself?

Not in any cams I know of. There are probably some though. He might have been looking for a way to view them.

Touching other peoples stuff is a pretty scummy thing to do. They are guilty of it and that is evident.

It warrants a little bit of publicity for them, but I wouldn't suggest they indented to steal it or anything... that might be a bit on the harsh side since we don't know for sure.

Maybe an FB post of the best still frame... "This guy spent 10 minutes messing with my camera. If anyone knows him, please ask him what he would think of someone mucking with his <vehicle description> like this"

I'd be satisfied with ... "I was just trying to see the pictures. I thought it was an ok thing to do at the time but you guys are totally right... there's no excuse to touch someone else's property and I apologize"

bcfirefly
11-20-2014, 01:23 PM
When I come across a cam while out hiking / hunting I usually do the same as these two guys, look at the bait, put two and two together then see the cam. I then go out of the frame then streak past it in my best Will Ferrell Ol' School. I then leave the area and don't hunt it as it is obvious to me that someone is putting in a lot more effort than I am with their hunting. Haven't seen any of it posted yet!
Good on you for having patience.

caddisguy
11-20-2014, 01:36 PM
When I come across a cam while out hiking / hunting I usually do the same as these two guys, look at the bait, put two and two together then see the cam. I then go out of the frame then streak past it in my best Will Ferrell Ol' School. I then leave the area and don't hunt it as it is obvious to me that someone is putting in a lot more effort than I am with their hunting. Haven't seen any of it posted yet!
Good on you for having patience.

I would be tempted to post that--maybe on the sasquatch thread--just because it's hilarious. Out of respect I would blur the face and anything else needing blurring though.

Keep in mind some of the trigger speeds on these cams are more than 2 seconds, so start the streak in slow-mo.

11-20-2014, 03:32 PM
Post the pic of ol Smiley up as a freeze frame, some one will recognize the Jack ass ...... He's an idiot ! Buddy didn't seem to impressed with his activity though.

Big rig brother was and is watching us all

C T

hoochie
11-20-2014, 04:50 PM
where was this at? LML?

Edzzed
11-20-2014, 05:09 PM
where was this at? LML? Post #12 says East Harrison up high. And me, I would have said screw the hunt. Firing a shot would have gotten their attention right quick. I am pretty sure they would never mess with anybody's camera or stuff after that.

hoochie
11-20-2014, 05:14 PM
I say we print up some still shots and hit all the stores from Langley to hope. Someone knows these guys....

swampdonkey
11-20-2014, 05:27 PM
I say we print up some still shots and hit all the stores from Langley to hope. Someone knows these guys....

Yup one of the best things to do . If you have access to Facebook and other sites put them on there to

lovemywinchester
11-20-2014, 05:47 PM
There's nothing wrong with looking at peoples cams in the bush. If I see a cam I will have a look at it for sure. I check out the bait, have a look at the cam to see what model it is. See if it is loud or not when it works. Have a look at the set up. If it's not locked and it has a view screen inside I would look at the pics for sure. That's the risk of leaving stuff un-locked in the bush. Lock it and no probs. I would never take a cam or disturb the area but If I can see whats on that card I will for sure. How could I resist??? It's in MY area.:tongue:
With the amount of cams out there now there is no way to avoid running into one every once in a while. Lock your cams and expect people to see them.

Not sticking up for these guys but Ray could have yelled at them and they would probably never touch another cam again.

RayHill
11-20-2014, 05:48 PM
Yes anyone who wants to is more then welcome to take copies of or parts from the videos to help put a names to the faces.

RayHill
11-20-2014, 05:59 PM
There's nothing wrong with looking at peoples cams in the bush. If I see a cam I will have a look at it for sure. I check out the bait, have a look at the cam to see what model it is. See if it is loud or not when it works. Have a look at the set up. If it's not locked and it has a view screen inside I would look at the pics for sure. That's the risk of leaving stuff un-locked in the bush. Lock it and no probs. I would never take a cam or disturb the area but If I can see whats on that card I will for sure. How could I resist??? It's in MY area.:tongue:
With the amount of cams out there now there is no way to avoid running into one every once in a while. Lock your cams and expect people to see them.

Not sticking up for these guys but Ray could have yelled at them and they would probably never touch another cam again.

Your post is BS that's like saying that i'm in the bush and i find a nice new truck parked in a cut block and the doors are not locked so I think to my self I want to see what kind of seats are in there and while im in there see if there is a nice ash tray o look some change is in there too whats in this nice console hey lets pop the hood and see what kind of engine is in this thing... O I want to know the kind of spark plugs are in this thing.. and when the owner catches me and comes up my justification is that I wasn't hurting it it wasn't locked up and I was going to put it pack the way I found it, I think?

If I was going to yell at them I would of just got up walked over and kicked them in the ass. Im realy wishing I could have done it all over again because they wouldn't be able to sit down right now.

Beaverhunter
11-20-2014, 06:18 PM
What would you charge them with? I don't agree with what they did but if wasn't damaged or stolen then what can you do? And why look for them know you were 50yards away from them!

TyTy
11-20-2014, 06:26 PM
lovemywinchester..... have some respect dude! screwing with other peoples things is just that. create discoord in the hunting community.

rayhill... it was likely a good idea IMO to stay conceled. a disagreement in the woods with guns could turn out wild west.

id rather be humble and share the woods rather than be a douche and hinder other hunters...
some peoples children:roll::roll:

Rob Chipman
11-20-2014, 06:28 PM
You might think that if you run across someone else's trailcam it would be cool to see the pics, but...in the first place, it doesn't belong to you, so don't touch it, and in the second place, if you ignore the fact that you're screwing around with someone else's property and look at the card what happens if you say, screw up the card or turn off the camera? When I set my cameras up I test them a few times to make sure they're pointed where I want and that they're working right. I'd be pissed to see that my last pic is of some guy checking the card. Write a note with an email address and I'll email the pics. Hold it in front of the cam. No sweat. But don't touch my shit. It's mine. Bought and paid for. Not yours.

FWIW, I've got a bunch of pics of a guy trying to figure out what my trail cam was. Eventually he got it and posed for a big smiling peace sign pic. That is how it should be.

hunter1947
11-20-2014, 06:34 PM
This idiot should have been confronted right there on the spot if it was me he would have had some explaining to do..

Sofa King
11-20-2014, 06:38 PM
there's no law against fiddling with a tcam on a tree out in the remote woods.
I don't know what people seem to think they could/would have done.
get too emotional, and it'd be you facing an assault charge.
cops would just love that, especially when you have a house full of guns.

Wentrot
11-20-2014, 06:38 PM
I posted to facebook

Sofa King
11-20-2014, 06:45 PM
I posted to facebook

awesome.
someone definitely knows them.
it'll be fun to hear them try to explain themselves.
not that they probably give 2 shits though.

fishhardon
11-20-2014, 07:18 PM
Hello HBC,

I am one of the guys that stumbled upon this camera. Yes the fat one! I was not trying to steal your camera!!!!!!!!!!!!! if i wanted it, it would have been gone three weeks ago. I did not want to take it or wreck it. There is no damage on it, i did not tamper with it! Check your pics from a few weeks ago. you can clearly see me giving it the wink and guns! i had come back to see how much of your mineral block had been eaten since the two weeks prior. I noticed that it did not glow red this time so i assumed the battery was dead.

Kindly give your head a shake and don't jump to conclusions. I left a note on it with my email address with kind words asking you to send me some of the pics that were on it because i have been hunting this area for the past few years. Nice to know that internet bullies are on a nice site like this waiting to publicly shame people for no reason.

Thanks for making fun of my binoculars. Not everyone has $1000s of dollars to spend on top quality gear. I make due, Thanks. If you were going to approach me what would it have come to? Sounds like someone has some anger issues.

If anyone wants the GPS coordinates to this guy's spot you can PM me.

huntcoop
11-20-2014, 07:27 PM
Well isn't this interesting :lol:

RayHill you neglect to mention the note left?

f350ps
11-20-2014, 07:33 PM

Hahahaha..........and the plot thickens! Good on you Hardon to come on here and give your side, I was having a hard time figuring out what all the fuss was about, he still has the camera and it was still recording! K

lovemywinchester
11-20-2014, 07:35 PM
lovemywinchester..... have some respect dude! screwing with other peoples things is just that. create discoord in the hunting community.

rayhill... it was likely a good idea IMO to stay conceled. a disagreement in the woods with guns could turn out wild west.

id rather be humble and share the woods rather than be a douche and hinder other hunters...
some peoples children:roll::roll:

I'm not a thief, never have been, and there was no lack of respect meant on my part at all. Stealing cams or cards would be a lack of respect or covering them up. I have found several cams in my time wandering around. Left them all as I found them. Just advising people to lock them up. Don't put crack in front of a junkie and be surprised if he wants it. If I find a cam in an area I have been hunting a big whitey and there is an unlocked cam, you can bet I want to see whats on there. Lock your shit up.

Drillbit
11-20-2014, 07:37 PM

Hahaha, two sides to every story.....and then the truth.

caddisguy
11-20-2014, 07:38 PM
Whoa... pause... popcorn time

caddisguy
11-20-2014, 07:51 PM
Hello HBC,

I am one of the guys that stumbled upon this camera. Yes the fat one! I was not trying to steal your camera!!!!!!!!!!!!! if i wanted it, it would have been gone three weeks ago. I did not want to take it or wreck it. There is no damage on it, i did not tamper with it! Check your pics from a few weeks ago. you can clearly see me giving it the wink and guns! i had come back to see how much of your mineral block had been eaten since the two weeks prior. I noticed that it did not glow red this time so i assumed the battery was dead.

Kindly give your head a shake and don't jump to conclusions. I left a note on it with my email address with kind words asking you to send me some of the pics that were on it because i have been hunting this area for the past few years. Nice to know that internet bullies are on a nice site like this waiting to publicly shame people for no reason.

Thanks for making fun of my binoculars. Not everyone has $1000s of dollars to spend on top quality gear. I make due, Thanks. If you were going to approach me what would it have come to? Sounds like someone has some anger issues.

Welcome (back) to the forum and good on your for doing the honorable thing here coming forward. We didn't hear about the note. I know you wanted to see the pics, but I think the opinion of most people is that tinkering with other peoples property is disrespectful. How were you planning on looking at the pics anyway?

Would be kinda of like someone peeping around your truck, maybe checking out what's in the box. Note or no note it seems a little rude.

RayHill
11-20-2014, 07:54 PM
LOL there was no note left what a crock of shit. I was at my cam everyday this passed three weeks. Did you know that I was right up the hill the whole time? I saw two people looking around then screwing with my cam for over ten mins the cable that was so tightly secured to the tree a black bear couldn't budge it three weeks before but you seem to move it by not screwing with it? Why did you not touch it a week before then on the last day of your hunt do you pull on the cable and box so hard that you move it more then a black bear? Then you talk about cell service and phone pictures? Why were you or would you be concerned about this? Ill tell you if the loggers saw someone doing what you were doing to their equipment up there there would be Hell to pay.

There is a reason i didnt do anything when I saw you there even when I wondering why you were screwing with it for so long. I just let it play out. When I watched the videos and hear the audio that's when i got real pissed off and for good reason.

I dont care what you want to do with posting the GPS info go for it. I like to share my info and adventures. This year I wanted to shoot my buck and film it with my trail cam I thought it would be cool to show everyone on here see that it has never been done yet that i know of. But instead you couldn't leave my cam alone so I had to move to a new spot. But I did shoot the best buck in that spot and I know it is because i had my cam in that spot all year and watched him in velvet from spring and it all happend the morning that you left.

scoutlt1
11-20-2014, 08:00 PM
What am I missing with this (stealing/tampering with) trail cam stuff????

It's not yours, so why not leave it the f**k alone??

I get the "it's in my hunting spot" but really....

Smile, wave, drop your drawers and give a good moon if you must..... but seriously. We all work our asses off to buy all the toys we want/have.

Move on. Good god....we have so much area to hunt in!!

Sofa King
11-20-2014, 08:05 PM
the wind must have blown the note away.
and note or not, the guy did more than just try to peek inside.
if that was all he wanted to hope to do, then when he saw it was locked tight, which he already knew from before, then why would he try continually to find a way to get at it.
no way around it, the guy messed with it way more than just checking it out upon passing by.

RayHill
11-20-2014, 08:06 PM
let me tell you what I do for work I find out when people are lying.... how i do it is with evidence. and its all on the video. If there was a note on the cam then why when you came back to it it wasn't still sitting there??? If I had taken it and had it, then you would not have said in the video that I haven't been there in a while because the note would have been gone and that would mean i was just there now wouldn't it??? and that would mean that the batteries would be fresh too wouldn't it??? lies lies lies

huntcoop
11-20-2014, 08:09 PM
Could the note have been left at the last visit?

Mishka
11-20-2014, 08:12 PM

Smile, wave, drop your drawers and give a good moon if you must..... but seriously. We all work our asses off to buy all the toys we want/have.

x2 Show some respect and leave other people's stuff alone. There's no excuse for that.

BEAVERBRUCE
11-20-2014, 08:22 PM
I assume that picture of that bald headed guy with the pink rcmp sweat shirt was the owner of the tcam if so typical rcmp. not going to let the whole truth out. I know what I am talking about cause I lived in dease lk for 25 yrs & ran a business & had to deal with brand knew recruits.

fishhardon
11-20-2014, 08:23 PM
For the record, we had only come to the area for the morning. We came across two trucks and a samarai as well. You should post some thumbs up pictures as well; that would show the crowd our true intentions. I apologize about looking at your cool gadget. Next time i come across a camera i will pull out my tiny wiener. By the sounds of it yours is much larger than mine.

I would love to see pictures of the monster that you got.

blackwater
11-20-2014, 08:24 PM
I understand the anger at having people mess with your stuff. But, I have to say I'm of the mind of keep your crap out of the woods. I don't want to be out hunting and come across some planted licks and have some idiot video taping me without my consent. I go hunting to get away from people...not be on their home movies. Way too much technology for something that should be so simple. I realize I'm alone in this view, but I don't really give a crap.

Beaverhunter
11-20-2014, 08:31 PM
Lol fishhardon has a tiny wiener

hoochie
Hello HBC,

I am one of the guys that stumbled upon this camera. Yes the fat one!

why would you have been tampering with his equipment? Why, if you saw his trail camera there would have repeatedly gone back?
Im sorry man, but the way you were dicking around with his camera.. do you do that if you come across someone vehicle too?
I am actually surprised you came forward, but in my opinion you gotta make it right with the OP.
Why offer up the GOS co-ordinates? do you really want to screw this guys' hunting spot or what?

Lastcar
Hello HBC,

I am one of the guys that stumbled upon this camera. Yes the fat one!

Don't be so hard on yourself. Everyone knows the camera adds 20 lbs!

This thread is more entertaining than helpful. Clearly two sides to the story and seems we'll never know the truth.

I suppose mucking with a cam is offside. But I have to agree in part with Winchester. There are all types out there...some are going to do things we don't like. Don't count on people doing the right thing and you can rarely be disappointed. Just expect it. Don't let it get you down. Is it too bad its come to this? Sure. But it is what it is. Adapt accordingly.

And have to agree with the earlier comment, seems odd to have been 60 yards away and to not say anything. Then come on here to find out who they are. You had a chance to ask who they were. Seems odd you needed to see what was on the card to push to seek them out. But you have indeed indicated you prefer to be chill and that is something to be admired.

A simple loud enough to hear "Hey, thats my camera and I am hunting here. So you may want to move along and do me a favour, don't mess with cams." Why let them muck about for 10 minutes making noise, spreading scent and potentially spooking deer that may have headed your way.

Sure the deer showed up, according to your story. But why decrease the odds by letting these dudes hang around. Never mind hang around mucking with your gear.

I'm probably poking the bear here...but that's my two cents. Either way this is a beauty of a thread. :)

huntcoop
11-20-2014, 08:34 PM
I assume that picture of that bald headed guy with the pink rcmp sweat shirt was the owner of the tcam if so typical rcmp. not going to let the whole truth out. I know what I am talking about cause I lived in dease lk for 25 yrs & ran a business & had to deal with brand knew recruits.

Hence the reason no confrontation or shot fired.

Keta1969
11-20-2014, 08:37 PM
I understand the anger at having people mess with your stuff. But, I have to say I'm of the mind of keep your crap out of the woods. I don't want to be out hunting and come across some planted licks and have some idiot video taping me without my consent. I go hunting to get away from people...not be on their home movies. Way too much technology for something that should be so simple. I realize I'm alone in this view, but I don't really give a crap.

X 2 on this and it's not " your spot" cause you have a cam there.

fishhardon
11-20-2014, 08:38 PM
let me tell you what I do for work I find out when people are lying.... how i do it is with evidence. and its all on the video. If there was a note on the cam then why when you came back to it it wasn't still sitting there??? If I had taken it and had it, then you would not have said in the video that I haven't been there in a while because the note would have been gone and that would mean i was just there now wouldn't it??? and that would mean that the batteries would be fresh too wouldn't it??? lies lies lies

Like I said, we were only there in the morning. It was a first visit. One visit.

RayHill
11-20-2014, 08:39 PM
I buy trail cams more to show other people that cant get out anymore what I see on my outings. I don't need them, I can remember everything I need to on my trips for myself. I was sitting in one spot this year when I would much rather stillhunt it keeps me warmer and is a more productive time spent to get the animals. I just wanted to do something different and video shooting a good size deer on a trail cam with sound at close range but it didn't happen. So I went back to stillhunting.

180grainer
11-20-2014, 08:44 PM

next time I have to take a dump in the bush I'm going to be looking all around for salt licks and video cams.

hoochie
you know, the way I grew up/ was raised.. had I done that I would have gotten the shit kicked out of me and everyone would have said I deserved it. If I screwed with my dads shit.. i'd get a woopin. mess with a strangers stuff... that's grounds for a beating. The younger 20 somethings haven't learned the lessons some of us have.. to bad. we wouldn't have this shit going on if we just went back to the old days.

dougkran
Hence the reason no confrontation or shot fired.

lol..... shot fired.

Big Hoss
11-20-2014, 08:47 PM
I agree Lastcar very entertaining I can see why the wife likes watching soaps so much.

Keta1969
11-20-2014, 08:50 PM
you know, the way I grew up/ was raised.. had I done that I would have gotten the shit kicked out of me and everyone would have said I deserved it. If I screwed with my dads shit.. i'd get a woopin. mess with a strangers stuff... that's grounds for a beating. The younger 20 somethings haven't learned the lessons some of us have.. to bad. we wouldn't have this shit going on if we just went back to the old days.

Well that's true, if we went back to the old days we wouldn't have trail cams.Sounds good to me.

caddisguy
11-20-2014, 08:51 PM
Seems solved to me. Guy wants to see pics... leaves a note that blows away, decides to try and help himself and tinker with the cam. Cam owner is rightfully annoyed and tries to identify the person. Person is identified and promises only to flash his stuff for the cams from now on and obey the no touching rule... the way it should be. Everything seems about right. Pics/posts can come down... thread can sink down. Don't want the GPS to this one... sounds like a gong show out there in East Harrison... isn't the west better anyway? ;-P

Lets all be friends and move on... there's real trailcam thieves out there but this guys not the one... just had some bad judgement and I'll take his word that he'll only strike poses next
time.

Cheers all around... snowline coming down this weekend in Region 2. Time to play!!

Beaverhunter
11-20-2014, 08:53 PM
Now Way Hill has found him which is what he wanted what is he goin to do?

blackwater
11-20-2014, 08:55 PM
next time I have to take a dump in the bush I'm going to be looking all around for salt licks and video cams.

Indeed, that thought crossed my mind. At least it answers the age old rhetorical question..."does a bear shat in the woods?"...we now have proof.

fishhardon
11-20-2014, 08:55 PM
Obviously this is getting redundant. Seeing as you thought we were there for four days and we were only there for one, there must be more than just one party involved. By what you are saying, this went on for the whole weekend? I am disturbed that you have posted my picture on the internet in a way that you are slanderous towards me and my life partner. There is no need to shame us because of false accusations.

Did someone steal your camera? You speak as if it is gone. I still want you to post the thumbs up pics.

This seems to be going on for nothing. Let's leave it at that.

caddisguy
11-20-2014, 09:03 PM
Thumbs up pic would be a good way to end this. Maybe taking down the FB pics too. I think the result was achieved here. Ray found the guy. Guy said he won't tinker with the cams. That's a pretty good ending.

Let the hive go dormant until we catch a real trailcam thief/vandal ;-P

fishhardon
11-20-2014, 09:15 PM
Please take the pic's off of the facebook. I think this is sorted.

Beaverhunter
11-20-2014, 09:15 PM
Caddies guy are you his life partner

Sofa King
11-20-2014, 09:19 PM
Indeed, that thought crossed my mind. At least it answers the age old rhetorical question..."does a bear shat in the woods?"...we now have proof.

just hope a co doesn't see you and fine you $1200.

Moose63
11-20-2014, 09:25 PM

Interesting perspective. In this day and age with recording technology, it seems that we will be filmed more and more the moment we step outside. I agree there is a privacy issue, but then we wouldn't get ProGuide66 or Hunter1947 wildlife footages....I think it's a small price to pay.

300H&H
11-20-2014, 09:26 PM
I'm not a thief, never have been, and there was no lack of respect meant on my part at all. Stealing cams or cards would be a lack of respect or covering them up. I have found several cams in my time wandering around. Left them all as I found them. Just advising people to lock them up. Don't put crack in front of a junkie and be surprised if he wants it. If I find a cam in an area I have been hunting a big whitey and there is an unlocked cam, you can bet I want to see whats on there. Lock your shit up.

Well lets put this in a different way.

What if you have some tools ( I am a power tool junkie ) in your garage and I was walking down the street. I see your garage and go in to have a look at the assortment of "power" candy. Maybe borrow a couple to fix my fence...of course I most likely would bring them back. After all "I am not a thief".

caddisguy
11-20-2014, 09:30 PM
Caddies guy are you his life partner

There is a higher ground and room for diplomacy here.

I was going to add a comment about making you my b!.ch though but.... oh wait... where'd that higher ground go again. Oops ;-P

Wild one
11-20-2014, 09:42 PM
Something is not adding up here and I think both parties might be pushing BS a little.

One thing Ray next time man up and talk to the guy instead of hide then come on a forum and complain. You had the chance to sort this out at the start.

Messing with trail cams(other than funny pics) is a dick move

hoochie
11-20-2014, 09:49 PM
I am disturbed that you have posted my picture on the internet in a way that you are slanderous towards me and my life partner. There is no need to shame us because of false accusations.

I always take pen and paper with me in the woods.. to leave notes. the video speaks for itself.

300H&H
11-20-2014, 09:50 PM

X2...if it's not yours don't f_ck with it.

LOL there was no note left what a crock of shit. I was at my cam everyday this passed three weeks. Did you know that I was right up the hill the whole time? I saw two people looking around then screwing with my cam for over ten mins the cable that was so tightly secured to the tree a black bear couldn't budge it three weeks before but you seem to move it by not screwing with it? Why did you not touch it a week before then on the last day of your hunt do you pull on the cable and box so hard that you move it more then a black bear? Then you talk about cell service and phone pictures? Why were you or would you be concerned about this? Ill tell you if the loggers saw someone doing what you were doing to their equipment up there there would be Hell to pay.

There is a reason i didnt do anything when I saw you there even when I wondering why you were screwing with it for so long. I just let it play out. When I watched the videos and hear the audio that's when i got real pissed off and for good reason.

I dont care what you want to do with posting the GPS info go for it. I like to share my info and adventures. This year I wanted to shoot my buck and film it with my trail cam I thought it would be cool to show everyone on here see that it has never been done yet that i know of. But instead you couldn't leave my cam alone so I had to move to a new spot. But I did shoot the best buck in that spot and I know it is because i had my cam in that spot all year and watched him in velvet from spring and it all happend the morning that you left.

I have to side with the OP. Far more credibility than Fishardon, and with just 10 posts on HBC maybe it is time for him to leave !

hoochie
11-20-2014, 09:50 PM
give me the GPS co-ordinates.. I'll go scour the place looking for it

hoochie
11-20-2014, 10:04 PM
so a guy goes hunting and set ups a trail cam. someone tampers with it. The owner of the trail cam watches as this occurs. wanting to find out who did this, and after encouragement from many of us on this site; he posts the videos. Most, if not all of us agree that the person tampering with the equipment was wrong for doing so.
So the person who tampered with the equipment; within 10 posts: gets caught on video and comes out of the closet.
The owner of the trail cam now has his hands tied. If he sees the person who tampered with his gear, he can do nothing. If he punches him in the head for being an ass... guess who gets charged with a hate crime? LMOA.. this world is messed up.

birdee
11-20-2014, 10:16 PM
mmm in fish's first post he said he was there before and wanted to check how much of the salt like was gone,then he said in a
later post he was only there once and that was the first time. which is the truth.
YOU CAN'T HANDLE THE TRUTH.

fishhardon
11-20-2014, 10:23 PM
mmm in fish's first post he said he was there before and wanted to check how much of the salt like was gone,then he said in a
later post he was only there once and that was the first time. which is the truth.
YOU CAN'T HANDLE THE TRUTH.

I was there weeks prior.

hoochie
11-20-2014, 10:31 PM
its gunna be hard for you for a while. People will forget in a couple years

caddisguy
11-20-2014, 10:33 PM
Interesting perspective. In this day and age with recording technology, it seems that we will be filmed more and more the moment we step outside. I agree there is a privacy issue, but then we wouldn't get ProGuide66 or Hunter1947 wildlife footages....I think it's a small price to pay.

X2

However, I've never heard of pics of a human--not messing around with a trailcam--being posted in public, not even once... ever. The privacy violation argument is such an exaggeration that it is a complete joke. Most of these things have a detection range of 10M or so.

It's pretty rare to run into them. I have put over 200km hiking in the timber on foot between 2 different MU's this season and have not seen a camera. I'm as anti big-brother as they come, but I would not care about some hunters trailcam taking my picture in the extremely rare event it did happen.

I run 3 cams and I have only ever seen one person on my camera, which just happened to be the one within 2km of a road. He found it... looked at it probably just enough to see the model and then left it alone. I only spoke of it once and made a point of writing about what was on the footage just incase he read it and happened to be interested.

Jagermeister
11-20-2014, 10:34 PM
I agree with Blackwater.
Don't get me wrong, I do own trail cams. I used to build them before Moultrie, Busnell and others started mass producing them. They're functional, but the proliferation of them is becoming asinine.
And then the placement of your trailcam. I mean.............placing it smack dab on the well defined game trail. Was that necessary? And laying out a salt block, all that does is bring the animal to it at some point. I suppose you get to see the critter potential, but it hardly patterns their real movement.
And Fishardon, next time move off in the other direction. Try to leave a fleeting image instead of a full blown one of yourself. Those cams have a fairly narrow range of lateral view and daytime triggering is usually limited to about 45', less in the night. The IR does not trigger in good light conditions.
I don't hang any out anymore unless it is about my camp to snag those with wilful intentions. They are gone when I have left the area.

RayHill
11-20-2014, 10:34 PM
The video speaks for itself. I have not said anything about what happened other then the vehicles involved that i did say i was not 100% about, read the whole thread again.

I only asked two questions. The first is the title of this thread, and the other is who are these people in the video? If your actions in the video are offensive to you, and you don't want people to see it, you should ask yourself what makes you feel that way?

The majority of the other posts on this thread show how I felt at the time and there is a reason for it you were not just passing by and they feel the same way. You gave off the bad vibe.
There is a reason for that you were doing something more then just looking.

Many of the posters on here were asking why i didn't go down to you right away. I was there to hunt not to start up a conversation in a spot I was hunting with two guys that wanted more to do with my trailcam then the hunt.

Beaverhunter
11-20-2014, 10:43 PM
I think you were scared to confront them in person.

hoochie
11-20-2014, 10:49 PM
I totally agree with Rayhill in the decision to post the videos. I even encouraged it.
There is a difference in "privacy" and what occurred. People have an expected right of privacy in their home. I would even like to think that this right would extend to public areas, but this is where there is a line.
Had the 2 men in the video done something that may have been embarrassing such as urnated; and the video of them doing so was made public; I would have an issue with this. They would not have known they were on camera, and they would have had an assumed right to privacy in doing doing so "going to the bathroom".
However; these 2 individuals came into the area to investigate a salt lick. One of them pointed out the other that there was a trail cam. It is clear that one of them tampered with the equipment. Their right to privacy is gone. They knew they were approaching a camera, they even discussed it. It is very clear they knew that the thing they were tampering with was a camera.
security cameras are everywhere. If you saw one, would you still conduct yourself in a suspicious manner? Probably not.
The video speaks for itself.
2 guys do this and now its Rayhill who was in the wrong?? Not in my eyes
give your thoughts reconsideration guys.

11-20-2014, 10:53 PM
It's very obvious that the guy screwing with the camera was either planing on taking the card or the camera itself. Why touch it otherwise. As some one used an new unlocked truck for example, would you get in it check it out see if ya like it. Only if your a goof. So for those that screw with others equipment, I hope you get what you have coming to you. If ya see a camera, smile and have a wave and walk on by. But, maybe if ya could have got it off the tree or unlocked it, it would be in your pocket. If you find a trees stand in a tree, unoccupied, do you think it's finders keepers? What ever, dudes intentions were off base and now he's embarrassed . The shies have eyes. Leave others stuff alone !
C T

hoochie
11-20-2014, 10:57 PM

what if he was? so what? why would you even say that?

dryflyguy57
11-20-2014, 11:12 PM
I think Judge Judy could sort this out real quick

skibum
11-21-2014, 12:00 AM
Time to drop it dude.

You did nothing in the bush and ran to a forum to bitch.

Elk-Aholic
11-21-2014, 12:18 AM
Wow, funny how one person posts a video of guys messing or trying to steal a camera and you criticize him for doing so. Still doesn't take from the fact that it's a sad day when people are defending theft. Guess I grew up on the other side of the river. Sounds to me like his intent was to have a little social media justice on those two individuals for trying to take his camera.

I ask you this: so next time someone in Vancouver does a ring of vehicle thefts, guess the police shouldn't post a picture of the individual???? Just saying........

skibum
11-21-2014, 12:30 AM
It is a sad day when people defend a thief. haven't seen it here though

Sofa King
11-21-2014, 12:47 AM

scared? huh?
I'd call it smart before scared.
outnumbered and emotions and tempers high, and in a remote area, and people are armed.
he did the right thing.
wait til after and emotions have cooled.
now if they were actually successful in removing the cable, then I'm sure he would have made a scene, and rightfully so.

Sofa King
11-21-2014, 12:51 AM
Well lets put this in a different way.

What if you have some tools ( I am a power tool junkie ) in your garage and I was walking down the street. I see your garage and go in to have a look at the assortment of "power" candy. Maybe borrow a couple to fix my fence...of course I most likely would bring them back. After all "I am not a thief".

not even comparable.
your own garage doesn't quite equal the remote wilderness.

I don't agree with people messing with others tcams, but I also won't be one bit surprised if I ever find mine gone.
I almost expect that every time I go and check it.
leave something abandoned in the bush, expect it to be messed with.
does anyone really think if they stapled three c-notes to a tree that people would just look at them and carry on?

bassplayer
11-21-2014, 01:07 AM
I could understand it if a couple of hikers were strolling by or some kids. I would expect them to come have a closer look at what that funny thing is strapped to the tree. As a hunter, if i see a trail camera i just keep on moving. I know what it is. I know its purpose and why it's there. Therefore i have no reason to walk up to it for a closer look. It's already sad enough these days that some of us need a 2nd trail camera to watch over our main trail camera to guard it against theft. I can see why emotions are running high with this thread as i've had a trail cam stolen before and had a couple of memory cards stolen from my other cameras and so have many of the other members here. My cam that was stolen was a Stealthcam so i didn't feel all that bad. It's their headache now :-D

Sofa King
11-21-2014, 01:21 AM
^^i see what you are saying bassplayer, but i don't get why people on here just assume "hunters" are good people.
kinda like how so many got their panties in a bunch because they suggested it was a hunter that poached that pinto deer.
like every single other thing out there, there's good and bad, and hunting is no exception.
if that were the case, co's wouldn't be worrying about us.
i see hunters tossing their coffee cups and beer cans from their trucks all the time.
I've stopped at campsites after a hunting party has left and cleaned up all the garbage they left behind.
look at the ground more when out.
there's always shotgun shells all over the place, that's littering.
we have just as many lawbreakers in hunting as anything else.
i know some like to suggest that "those aren't hunters" if they do that sort of thing.
yes, they are, they are just the ones that give the rest of us a bad rap.

did you really not like your stealthcam?
are they not that good?
I'm thinking my next will be a spypoint.

Drillbit
11-21-2014, 01:52 AM

I agree with you.

I'm ok with trail-cams on private property. Not so much on Crown land. Should need a permit for that, and signage around it.

ruger#1
11-21-2014, 03:32 AM
Oh the Drama. This would be a good episode of. As The World Turns.

Husky7mm
11-21-2014, 08:19 AM

Doesnt make it right to touch it!!

Darksith
11-21-2014, 10:06 AM
there's no law against fiddling with a tcam on a tree out in the remote woods.

No law you are right...but there are ethics involved. Isn't that what hunters are supposed to pride themselves on is ethics? You don' take an unethical shot, you do things the right way, even if the wrong way is still legal. Thats what this is all about, and IMO thats what alot of us are missing these days! Now some will argue about ethics, hell I have. We all have our own when it comes to what shot is right, or what style of hunting (fair chase, baiting etc) is right, but its pretty hard to argue (and I am amazed that some are) arguing that its OK to touch, mess with, steal, vandalize someone elses property. Simply freaking amazing!!! If we rewound 50 years, would your daddy put you over his knee and give you a good throttling for doing just that? Mine would of! And my dads dad would of...

Darksith
11-21-2014, 10:17 AM
Hello HBC,

For the record, we had only come to the area for the morning. We came across two trucks and a samarai as well. You should post some thumbs up pictures as well; that would show the crowd our true intentions. I apologize about looking at your cool gadget. Next time i come across a camera i will pull out my tiny wiener. By the sounds of it yours is much larger than mine.
I would love to see pictures of the monster that you got.

Like I said, we were only there in the morning. It was a first visit. One visit.

I would love to see pictures of the monster that you got.[/QUOTE]

Did someone steal your camera? You speak as if it is gone. I still want you to post the thumbs up pics.

This seems to be going on for nothing. Let's leave it at that.

Please take the pic's off of the facebook. I think this is sorted.

A liar that can't remember what his story was,

and then the audacity to ask to see the pictures that you have put time and effort into getting. Sounds like he feels like he is entitled to them almost, and that he did nothing wrong, well sir I disagree and would never touch someones camera...although I might provide some interesting pictures for the owner. Keep the pictures up, maybe he will have learned a lesson not to mess with other peoples stuff.

Spy
11-21-2014, 11:04 AM

X2 If its not yours than dont f....cking touch it! This thread would not have existed if dumbass had not touched Rays cam! Fishhardon you know what you were trying to do, we all know, so stop trying to justify it.As for the note you left, no evidence you did not even mention it when you were talking. I agree with Ray's approach of sitting tight, you never no what asshats will do when confronted. If your excuses are anything to go by well enough said.
The cherry on the cake is you wanting to send anyone the GPS location, no respect!!!

BearStump
11-21-2014, 11:14 AM
Who cares about all the drama............
RayHill says he shot the big one that day.........
Lets see the pics Ray. Dont care about fat guys messin with trail cams, but I like to see big bucks.

Spy
11-21-2014, 11:25 AM
Time to drop it dude.

Oh we have a hero ! Ray did the right thing it shows intelligence ;-)

Spy
11-21-2014, 11:33 AM
I posted to facebook

Link please I would like to share it.

skibum
11-21-2014, 12:09 PM
Oh we have a hero ! Ray did the right thing it shows intelligence ;-)

I am not saying go and confront the dude guns a blazing. Personally think that it is stupid to start sh!t in the bush when guns around. Best thing is to walk away.

What gets me is a little whistle would let the guys know that Ray was there. This would not have f'ed his hunt. He chose not to and just sat there. A little whistle or tinny pebble thrown at these dudes would not have started WW3 and they would have know he was there.

bassplayer
11-21-2014, 12:21 PM
The bottom line regardless of how Ray reacted is that these guys did mess with his cam. We all seen the proof and Ray didn't start this thread to bitch and whine as some call it. He was asking what we would think if we witnessed someone messing with our cameras. He didn't even post the video clips right away. He even asked if he should post them which i think was a good idea that he did. It's about time these people that mess with cams get exposed. Give them something to think about should they ever see another cam.

Spy
11-21-2014, 01:06 PM
I am not saying go and confront the dude guns a blazing. Personally think that it is stupid to start sh!t in the bush when guns around. Best thing is to walk away.

What gets me is a little whistle would let the guys know that Ray was there. This would not have f'ed his hunt. He chose not to and just sat there. A little whistle or tinny pebble thrown at these dudes would not have started WW3 and they would have know he was there.
My argument with that is, you just never know how anyone will react, so follow your instinct ! As bassplayer pointed out the OP asked what we would do? Im glad he posted the video, maybe some people will think twice about f..cking with other people's shit in the bush, trucks, stands, logging equipment, & cams ect ;-)
For those that dont get it ! A simple question you should ask yourselves when you see something, like a truck, game cam, or treestand, in the bush, Is it mine? If the answer is NO, than don't touch it !

r106
11-21-2014, 01:18 PM
Don't mess with other peoples stuff, simple as that. I would leave the pics up as reminder to others what might happen if they want to f**k with other peoples stuff. In the end no law was broken and no harm was done

adriaticum
11-21-2014, 01:30 PM
There was something funny about this from the beginning.
Funny that RayHill was there watching the guy fiddle around the camera and did nothing.
Then came here and started a thread about it.
It does not compute in my head.

Good for you fellow for coming out and admitting to it.
Hopefully next time you will learn not to touch other people's property.
You can wave, smile or moon at it if you like, but not touch.
No touchy touchy!

adriaticum
11-21-2014, 01:42 PM

Duuude!
looky looky ok.
touchy touch not ok.

Spy
11-21-2014, 01:43 PM
[QUOTE=adriaticum;1569176]There was something funny about this from the beginning.
Funny that RayHill was there watching the guy fiddle around the camera and did nothing.
Then came here and started a thread about it.
It does not compute in my head.

I would have done the same thing & as Ray said he would have done something if F...Hardon had of taken or damaged it. Rule number two after not f..cking with other peoples shit is, dont confront people with guns in the middle of the bush especially when you are out numbered! Shit can go sideways quickly under those circumstances!I have heard some scary stories of crap that has gone down in the bush,that was not reported! Wish more people had the balls like Ray to post video of asshats, f..cking with their shit! Hope some lessons have being learnt here. ;-)

squeeze
11-21-2014, 02:01 PM
Regardless of guilt or innocence of either party, I believe this thread has an important message: let's conduct ourselves (out there) in a respectful and ethical manner, PERIOD. I bet one or both parties have spent some sleepless time in bed with this turning over in their heads, as it should be.

I recently returned from a hunt, although unsuccessful, it was satisfying in a way I find difficult to describe. That feeling was, in part, awe about the privilege we have to hunt in BC, as we do. It's a privilege we should not take for granted. Also, we should work to preserve it for now and for future generations.

My greatest long-term concern is losing the wilderness and wildlife we have to development for the "economy", but I guarantee you, in the short term, the surest way we can diminish what we have, is through conflict. Landowners in remote areas are a powerful voice to regulators and politicians, especially wealthy ones. So when hunters make an error in judgement, it makes a bad name for all. Everyone loses when what we have is leased, sold or regulated off-limits.

As hunters we MUST look out for one another and move in the same direction. Dissent in our ranks will equip others with opportunity to diminish what we have. Let's not give "those people" the opportunity, please.

My $0.02.

bassplayer
11-21-2014, 02:08 PM
I think that's the only issue that people have with the post is why Ray didn't react the way the rest of us would. He had his reasons i'm sure but i'm not buying the story that this guy left a note with his email cause he was interested in the pics on Rays cam. As for coming forward and admitting it which is ok, but would he of come forward and admitted it out of a guilty conscience if the video was never posted to begin with? I don't think so. I'm guessing someone that knows him seen it on Facebook and alerted him.

adriaticum
11-21-2014, 02:11 PM
I think that's the only issue that people have with the post is why Ray didn't react the way the rest of us would. He had his reasons i'm sure but i'm not buying the story that this guy left a note with his email cause he was interested in the pics on Rays cam. As for coming forward and admitting it which is ok, but would he of come forward and admitted it out of a guilty conscience if the video was never posted to begin with? I don't think so. I'm guessing someone that knows him seen it on Facebook and alerted him.

I'm sure there is a little "amplification" on both sides.
Maybe they just need to shake hands be done with it.

Kami
11-21-2014, 02:14 PM
A few weeks ago there was a video floating around. A resident in a Kamloops neighbourhood has outdoor security cameras. They posted footage for a person walking the streets at 2am looking inside people's vehicles with a flashlight. He did not break into any cars. He did not steal anything on the video. It was pretty obvious what he was doing, but he broke no laws in the video. Yet, the RCMP wanted to get a copy to study and asked for any tips if anyone could identify the person in the video. See here : https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x3YPhjqOmSk

The loser in this Kamloops neighbourhood video deserves a smack. Tell me how this is any different than the video of this one on here with the trail cam? Nothing done in the car thief video, yet RCMP want to talk to him. Nothing stolen by the trail cam guy here, but again, people are upset. The examples to me, are the same. Someone should not be going around doing this. If it's not yours, leave it alone. It was not forgotten there. It was set up for a reason. Ask yourself, if the owner was there watching you and you knew it, would you touch his trail cam? No. Why not then? Because you know it's not the thing you should be doing. So don't do it and there will not be an embarrassing smear campaign among your peers.

It was interesting to read that the perpetrator thought the batteries were dead so he proceeded to mess with the camera.

bassplayer
11-21-2014, 02:18 PM
I'm sure there is a little "amplification" on both sides.
Maybe they just need to shake hands be done with it.
I agree. I'm just amped up cause i've had cams messed with lol. Now let's go back over to Facebook and argue with Johnathan somemore on your B.C. Ferry post lol.

adriaticum
11-21-2014, 02:24 PM
I agree. I'm just amped up cause i've had cams messed with lol. Now let's go back over to Facebook and argue with Johnathan somemore on your B.C. Ferry post lol.

Lol, that guy came out swinging and now disappeared.

Ranger95
11-21-2014, 02:34 PM
Time to drop it dude.

What at he said!

I agree - you had the opportunity to sort it out in the bush - you sat on your butt and did nothing (maybe you didn't want to get into it with them or you where afraid - who knows) but you let that ship sail - now let it go!

When you left your chit in the bush, you effectively abandoned it, and if someone else wants clean up after you, don't cry foul! it's on public land lol- it wasn't stolen - shot at - or peed on - be happy you got it back - many on here have not been that lucky.

To the other dude, next time just walk past the stuff, these folk take a dim view of you messing with their chit, best to drop your rods and wink at it with the old toothless one!

fishhardon
11-21-2014, 02:55 PM
So this has gone on long enough. Ray, you were not in the bush at that time. If you had been you would have seen my truck parked on the road 500m away. If you were there you could have come and joined us for hot coffee and a quick breakfast. My vehicle does not match either description you gave. I have been told to wage battle on you; I choose to take the high road.

I respect the fact that you are upset that you have pics of me checking your camera out. I am sorry for that. Maybe we will meet in the bush one day and laugh about how this has gotten out of hand. Too many instigators out there. For the record, I'm fat but not lazy.

Ranger95
11-21-2014, 03:07 PM
So this has gone on long enough. Ray, you were not in the bush at that time. If you had been you would have seen my truck parked on the road 500m away. If you were there you could have come and joined us for hot coffee and a quick breakfast. My vehicle does not match either description you gave. I have been told to wage battle on you; I choose to take the high road.

I respect the fact that you are upset that you have pics of me checking your camera out. I am sorry for that. Maybe we will meet in the bush one day and laugh about how this has gotten out of hand. Too many instigators out there. For the record, I'm fat but not lazy.

Thats great fella, a public apology really does go a long way to fixing things - now invite him out for a beer and patch it all up!!!

squeeze
11-21-2014, 03:10 PM
I'd ask for a bottle of rum.

:-D

fishhardon
11-21-2014, 03:19 PM
Thats great fella, a public apology really does go a long way to fixing things - now invite him out for a beer and patch it all up!!!

i am a non drinker but the offer is there.

Husky7mm
11-21-2014, 03:22 PM
What at he said!

I agree - you had the opportunity to sort it out in the bush - you sat on your butt and did nothing (maybe you didn't want to get into it with them or you where afraid - who knows) but you let that ship sail - now let it go!

When you left your chit in the bush, you effectively abandoned it, and if someone else wants clean up after you, don't cry foul! it's on public land lol- it wasn't stolen - shot at - or peed on - be happy you got it back - many on here have not been that lucky.

To the other dude, next time just walk past the stuff, these folk take a dim view of you messing with their chit, best to drop your rods and wink at it with the old toothless one!

Wow!! Thanks for nothing here, bad attitude, please don't reproduce.

Spy
11-21-2014, 03:46 PM
What at he said!

I would not have confronted them either & would have sat on my ass and watched them aswell ! Does that make me afraid ? Two on one, one with a gun, I say Ray is a wise man.

When you left your chit in the bush, you effectively abandoned it, and if someone else wants clean up after you, don't cry foul! it's on public land lol- it wasn't stolen - shot at - or peed on - be happy you got it back - many on here have not been that lucky. Are you freaking kidding, He did not abandon it he strapped & locked it to a tree & Hardon tried to steal it but was unsuccessful! Dont leave your truck parked somebody might think you abandoned it and take it!

I dont agree with you or the would be thief, plain and simple!!!!

yamadirt 426
11-21-2014, 04:12 PM
Ray you did right. We have a tale of 2 losers here and a bunch more losers sticking up for them. Glad u got your buck ! If it's not yours don't touch it. Is it that hard ?

Darksith
11-21-2014, 04:12 PM
What at he said!

Thats a crock of shit pardon my french. Leaving something in the bush locked and tagged to a tree is not abandoning it. Its not garbage, and its not going to sit there for an eternity until someone else cleans it up. What a load. So your car parked on the street is on public land, you are ok with some asshat looking into it with a flashlight at 2am? This is all about ETHICS, and you apparently as well as a few other people simply don't get it...probably because you haven't had your shit ripped off like some of us on here.

Lastcar
11-21-2014, 04:23 PM
This is starting to feel like a TV series that stayed on the air for one too many seasons...and really the only reason I am bitching about this thread still thriving is I don't have the self control to stop coming back! ;-)

I am part of the problem. I don't touch trail cams, but I clearly like to hear about people touching trail cams. Its ruining my life! There is always a trickle down effect to these things...we all pay the price. :)

Now someone say something way out of line soon or this thread will die and I'll get the DTs.

Darksith
11-21-2014, 04:26 PM
on a side note I was at the butcher yesterday, his freezer is empty, he said its been the oddest november that he can ever recall....maybe too many T cams out there all the animals are gone!

Mishka
11-21-2014, 04:32 PM

That a political apology if I ever heard one. First you call him a liar. Then, you're not sorry for touching the camera... just sorry Ray is upset because he has pics of you touching the camera. Smooth.

The Hermit
11-21-2014, 04:35 PM
I used to hunt by bicycle a fair bit and would stash it in the brush and go for a hike... it was an expensive bike so I wsould lock it to a tree AND leave a laminated sign with a photo of the bike centered in a rifle scope reticle and note said.... please leave my bike alone, I'm hunting in the area and can see you right now! Never had anyone mess with it!

One lesson my father managed to drill into my young head was about respecting other people's belongings, "Never ever touch anything that isn't your own, if you have permisison to touch something treat it better than you would if it was your own, never borrow anything unless really necessary and always return anything you do borrow in better condition than when you picked it up".

Good on Ray for not confronting these guys, smart!

*bcgold*
11-21-2014, 04:49 PM
So...... How about those Sea Hawks?!

Ranger95
11-21-2014, 05:14 PM
Wow!! Thanks for nothing here, bad attitude, please don't reproduce.

OH MY GOD!

I would love you you to say that to my two sons - maybe your "cyber bravado" would shrink a little if you told them you thought I wasn't worthy of fathering them and you find yourself flat on your arse!

If anyone is stupid enough to leave cameras - blinds - tree stands - or any other crap on crown land - and expect it to still be there when they come back - please come by our house and toss $20 notes onto the drive - we love fools who throw cash away! ----- just throw it our way!

This is not 20 years ago when people respected your stuff, today no one gives a dam - wake up people - this is BC where thieves, druggies and asshats wonder around the bush looking for a quick score!

Sorry to pee on your parades - but face it - what the fat bloke did - any one of a hundred others would do the same - at least he had the balls to admit it and apologize!

If I'm in the bush and some fool messes with my stuff, they will will know that I'm there, ask anyone who knows me - they will clear up any confusion for you real quick!

Edzzed
11-21-2014, 05:28 PM
A few weeks ago there was a video floating around. A resident in a Kamloops neighbourhood has outdoor security cameras. They posted footage for a person walking the streets at 2am looking inside people's vehicles with a flashlight. He did not break into any cars. He did not steal anything on the video. It was pretty obvious what he was doing, but he broke no laws in the video. Yet, the RCMP wanted to get a copy to study and asked for any tips if anyone could identify the person in the video. While that person may not have technically broken any laws, I believe he did. The word conspiracy to commit break and enter comes to mind. Also if Hardon was there 3 weeks prior and wanted the camera. Gee whiz, he could have come back with the necessary tools to remove it for his own use. The fact that it was never stolen says something. I have been in the back woods along logging roads and seen vehicles stopped long before hunting ever interested me. I recall actually backing up to peer into one truck. Not to steal anything but check if there was a body in there. I also never left my vehicle to do so as I knew people could take that the WRONG way and some could be armed while my pea shooter was in the camper.

hoochie
11-21-2014, 05:41 PM
OH MY GOD!

If anyone is stupid enough to leave cameras - blinds - tree stands - or any other crap on crown land - and expect it to still be there when they come back - please come by our house and toss $20 notes onto the drive - we love fools who throw cash away! ----- just throw it our way!

wow. my faith in mankind is all but gone now. Lets not get upset with the people who tamper with things, damage or steal them; lets just tell the person who got robbed "its your fault". I'm at a loss of words...

Ranger95
11-21-2014, 05:58 PM
wow. my faith in mankind is all but gone now. Lets not get upset with the people who tamper with things, damage or steal them; lets just tell the person who got robbed "its your fault". I'm at a loss of words...

Quite the the contrary old boy - let's slap the living daylights out of the thieves. (Was anything stolen BTW?)

But let's get real - would you leave expensive equipment out in the bush (crown land) and honestly think that no one would steal it? If so - clearly then, you have never had anything stolen from you - I - on the hand have not been that lucky!

lostmind
11-21-2014, 06:05 PM
My dad told me as a kid - "locks keep honest people honest son".

ruger#1
11-21-2014, 06:22 PM
Quite the the contrary old boy - let's slap the living daylights out of the thieves. (Was anything stolen BTW?)

But let's get real - would you leave expensive equipment out in the bush (crown land) and honestly think that no one would steal it? If so - clearly then, you have never had anything stolen from you - I - on the hand have not been that lucky! let me put it this way. Ray and the rest of us work hard for our money. And we sure do not buy things so assholes can steal them. So stop stirring the pot and move along. You are probably one of those guys that ignores no tresspassing signs.

jetboat jim
11-21-2014, 06:27 PM
Glad I dont hunt where you guys hunt , too much drama .
I think its time to find some new ground to hunt .......if I find sombodys stand/blind/cam , ill go find a new spot .

elkhunterette
11-21-2014, 06:33 PM
Awesome....post it up on Facebook.

Paulyman
11-21-2014, 06:41 PM
What if I want to play with my pee pee? I don't want anyone recording that without me knowing...

Husky7mm
11-21-2014, 06:59 PM
OH MY GOD!

I would love you you to say that to my two sons - maybe your "cyber bravado" would shrink a little if you told them you thought I wasn't worthy of fathering them and you find yourself flat on your arse!

This is not 20 years ago when people respected your stuff, today no one gives a dam - wake up people - this is BC where thieves, druggies and asshats wonder around the bush looking for a quick score!

Sorry to pee on your parades - but face it - what the fat bloke did - any one of a hundred others would do the same - at least he had the balls to admit it and apologize!

If I'm in the bush and some fool messes with my stuff, they will will know that I'm there, ask anyone who knows me - they will clear up any confusion for you real quick!

http://i1222.photobucket.com/albums/dd483/husky7mm/Mobile%20Uploads/2014-10/A8BB5A03-D84B-4B9E-9D2F-BE61CEF13E8E_zpsb4pqi2l7.jpg (http://s1222.photobucket.com/user/husky7mm/media/Mobile%20Uploads/2014-10/A8BB5A03-D84B-4B9E-9D2F-BE61CEF13E8E_zpsb4pqi2l7.jpg.html)
I am glad that more feel the same way about your piss poor thinking and advice. Stealing and touching things that don't belong to you should not be considered the norm, ever. I leave my camp in the bush to go out hunting , and sometimes my atv , are they abandoned ???

blackwater
11-21-2014, 07:38 PM
I think what he is saying is you are naive to believe that they are safe and secure in anyway. Asshats abound.

Edzzed
11-21-2014, 10:31 PM
What if I want to play with my pee pee? I don't want anyone recording that without me knowing...You forgot to add : OR GETTING PAID" http://travelingwithjim.files.wordpress.com/2011/05/masturbation-month.jpg

Edzzed
11-21-2014, 10:41 PM
I used to hunt by bicycle a fair bit and would stash it in the brush and go for a hike... it was an expensive bike so I wsould lock it to a tree AND leave a laminated sign with a photo of the bike centered in a rifle scope reticle and note said.... please leave my bike alone, I'm hunting in the area and can see you right now! Never had anyone mess with it!

One lesson my father managed to drill into my young head was about respecting other people's belongings, "Never ever touch anything that isn't your own, if you have permisison to touch something treat it better than you would if it was your own, never borrow anything unless really necessary and always return anything you do borrow in better condition than when you picked it up".

Good on Ray for not confronting these guys, smart!too funny, I had my truck broken into at Alouette lake and after that, I used to tape bullets to a piece of paper on both side windows with the writing. Think twice, If I have bullets logic says I have the means to deliver them and a very nice scope with which to watch you. Never got broken into again....

Paulyman
11-22-2014, 12:55 AM
You forgot to add : OR GETTING PAID" http://travelingwithjim.files.wordpress.com/2011/05/masturbation-month.jpg
Haha, awesome!

Jagermeister
11-22-2014, 02:36 AM
Boy, this has raged on and on. You would think that it is sometime about mid January the way the pissy attitudes are surfacing.
You know what? I think it is a conspiracy between Rayhill and fishardon.
The hypothesis.
Rayhill and fishardon are hunting buddies. As fishardon admitted, he is the chubby. The other skinny runt fellow in the video is actually Rayhill. They were were sitting over a few beers (fishardon's favorite refreshment) wondering what they could do to stir a little shit. "Hey, let's pretend that we're ripping your trail cam and then start a thread on HBC asking what they would do." "Bonus"
Way to go fellows. This is the best troll thread ever!
RAGE ON!

troutseeker
11-22-2014, 04:08 AM
I like how they got outed on the internet, it's even better that the guy is an HBC member, lol. And c'mon, just wanted to check the pictures? Right... Credibility = zero. If it ain't yours, leave it alone, pretty simple rule to live by. Slander? Oh my, good luck winning that argument. You dick around with someone's camera, it takes your picture, the picture is now theirs to do as they please. As far as what offense the big guy may have comitted, look up mischief in the criminal code of Canada. Section 430 I believe. This is the second best thread ever, no one can touch "The New King of .375's" of course.

Darksith
11-22-2014, 09:10 AM

But let's get real - would you leave expensive equipment out in the bush (crown land) and honestly think that no one would steal it? If so - clearly then, you have never had anything stolen from you - I - on the hand have not been that lucky!

Is intent to steal much different than the act itself? You preach one way, but expect the other...thats pretty much hypocricy and saying that you would steal it. Glad to see your true colors, basically saying its fair game if its left on public land. You might as well stitch Unethical Douche Bag on the back of your jacket cause thats basically what you are claiming to be, at least then I will know you when I see you rather than giving you the benefit of the doubt to be a good guy

Ranger95
11-22-2014, 10:30 AM
Is intent to steal much different than the act itself? You preach one way, but expect the other...thats pretty much hypocricy and saying that you would steal it. Glad to see your true colors, basically saying its fair game if its left on public land. You might as well stitch Unethical Douche Bag on the back of your jacket cause thats basically what you are claiming to be, at least then I will know you when I see you rather than giving you the benefit of the doubt to be a good guy

Slowly tiger - where the hell did I ever say that I would steal anything?

Go back - and read what I wrote - I said that I have had stuff stolen from me on crown land.

why was it stolen you may whine? - simply because I was a dumbass to leave it on public land (crown land)

(keep on unraveling sweetheart - puting words iin someone's mouth is never smart - nevermind this is really comical)

Ranger95
11-22-2014, 10:47 AM
Boy, this has raged on and on. You would think that it is sometime about mid January the way the pissy attitudes are surfacing.
The hypothesis.
Rayhill and fishardon are hunting buddies. As fishardon admitted, he is the chubby. The other skinny runt fellow in the video is actually Rayhill. They were were sitting over a few beers (fishardon's favorite refreshment) wondering what they could do to stir a little shit. "Hey, let's pretend that we're ripping your trail cam and then start a thread on HBC asking what they would do." "Bonus"
RAGE ON!

I really don't think you are too far from the truth - this could easily be the best troll thread ever!

Spy
11-22-2014, 11:06 AM
I really don't think you are too far from the truth - this could easily be the best troll thread ever!
The only thing resembling a troll is the would be thief ! But that is to be expected from a troll ;-)

Rob Chipman
11-22-2014, 12:18 PM
If you can leave a note with an email address attached to the camera then you can hold the note up in front of the camera so the owner gets a pic.

You can accept that leaving a trail cam in the bush might lead to it getting stolen without accepting that it's alright for people to come up and screw with your stuff. I lock my cams and am always happy when I find they're still there. That doesn't mean I'd be happy if they were stolen or screwed with. Its a risk I take, just like when I park my truck and hike into the bush for an over-nighter or two. If my truck is locked by I've got a tarp and a spare tire in the box don't assume its ok to steal the tarp and tire. Don't assume its ok to try the doors or lift the hood to check if the battery is dead. Don't assume its ok to sit on the fender or sleep in the box.

I wouldn't be too surprised if someone did any of those things, and if something I don't lock gets stolen I don't cry too much. But not locking something doesn't make screwing with it ok.

All us tough guys can criticize Ray for not confronting them (I might have thrown out a diplomatic "Hey, WTF are you doing?"), but there was clearly an original sin here (Fishhardon screwing with the camera). Not exactly a serious offense, not a lot of harm done, but still, off side.

Fishhardon was in the wrong. Rayhill wasn't.

Its good that Fishhardon apologized. Here's a little free advice: everything after "sorry" is bullshit.

Is Fishhardon a thief? Not based on this. Nobody stole the camera. Was he stupid? Kinda. Screwing with someone else's stuff on camera isn't the smartest thing in the world.

Should we expect people to screw with our stuff in the bush? Maybe. That doesn't make screwing with it right.

There's an old saying about horse thieves in the the old west: they weren't hung for stealing horses; they were hung so that horse wouldn't be stolen. Posting the pics (as many requested) and outing this behaviour accomplishes this.

Like I said in an earlier post, I've got pics of a guy inspecting one of my cams for several minutes. He probably touched it, but he didn't open it or move it. He posed for a pic at the end giving the cam a peace sign. That's how it should be.

burger
11-22-2014, 04:21 PM
Great post Rob Chipman. I agree with you in all points. What did it for me in the end was after watching the videos the timeline didn't add up. If as you suggested were merely placing a note on the camera, why then was the camera jostled for so long? is it that hard to tuck a note behind camera?

Also Ranger95 while I do agree that we cant trust our stuff is safe out there I also ask why is that? Society has become too lenient on the turds of society. We all need to instill in our children, in our friends children, in the neighbours children, and really anyone, that touching stuff that is not yours is wrong. It sounds like you may have instilled this in your kids and that you may believe it as well but the impression you gave left a big question mark. The PC world we live in is the root of most issues we have today.

TOO MUCH CODDLING!!!!!

d6dan
11-22-2014, 04:32 PM
If you can leave a note with an email address attached to the camera then you can hold the note up in front of the camera so the owner gets a pic.

You can accept that leaving a trail cam in the bush might lead to it getting stolen without accepting that it's alright for people to come up and screw with your stuff. I lock my cams and am always happy when I find they're still there. That doesn't mean I'd be happy if they were stolen or screwed with. Its a risk I take, just like when I park my truck and hike into the bush for an over-nighter or two. If my truck is locked by I've got a tarp and a spare tire in the box don't assume its ok to steal the tarp and tire. Don't assume its ok to try the doors or lift the hood to check if the battery is dead. Don't assume its ok to sit on the fender or sleep in the box.

I wouldn't be too surprised if someone did any of those things, and if something I don't lock gets stolen I don't cry too much. But not locking something doesn't make screwing with it ok.

All us tough guys can criticize Ray for not confronting them (I might have thrown out a diplomatic "Hey, WTF are you doing?"), but there was clearly an original sin here (Fishhardon screwing with the camera). Not exactly a serious offense, not a lot of harm done, but still, off side.

Fishhardon was in the wrong. Rayhill wasn't.

Its good that Fishhardon apologized. Here's a little free advice: everything after "sorry" is bullshit.

Is Fishhardon a thief? Not based on this. Nobody stole the camera. Was he stupid? Kinda. Screwing with someone else's stuff on camera isn't the smartest thing in the world.

Should we expect people to screw with our stuff in the bush? Maybe. That doesn't make screwing with it right.

There's an old saying about horse thieves in the the old west: they weren't hung for stealing horses; they were hung so that horse wouldn't be stolen. Posting the pics (as many requested) and outing this behaviour accomplishes this.

Like I said in an earlier post, I've got pics of a guy inspecting one of my cams for several minutes. He probably touched it, but he didn't open it or move it. He posed for a pic at the end giving the cam a peace sign. That's how it should be.

Good post Rob, nailed it. Ranger doesn't get it nor will he. Too many Asshats out there that simply don't give 2 shits.

fuzzybiscuit
11-22-2014, 05:01 PM
The hypothesis.
RAGE ON!

Does this mean that RayHill and Fishardon are life partners?

If the campers a rockin', don't come a knockin'.

happyhunter
11-22-2014, 05:08 PM
Well said Rob Chipman, best post on here IMO

REMINGTON JIM
11-22-2014, 05:11 PM
The Hermit

Good on Ray for not confronting these guys, smart![/QUOTE]

That is EXACTLEY the way my Dad taught me too - If it is not YOURS - Leave it alone and move on ! OR maybe Face what just might HAPPEN to YOU ! :biggrin: RJ

ElectricDyck
11-22-2014, 05:28 PM
Some good drama here for sure...one thing that strikes me and bothers me with today's society is how afraid people are of direct person to person contact. Earlier in the thread someone commented on how it would be a bad idea to talk to two hunters in the bush with guns because things could escalate? Are we really afraid of two hunters with guns? Do you honestly think they would shoot you? For me it comes back to the general population's fear of interaction and the idea that guns kill people, I don't believe this, if they wanted to kill you they could do it easily without the guns....they don't, they are outdoor enthusiasts with the same passion as you regardless of what they were doing with your camera. It's not like they were drunk and firing off randomly...that would be a situation where it would be a good idea not to interact.

Eitherway I think these people who mess with peoples property are in the minority. I used to have a game camera which was not locked up which took 3 shot bursts and the first pic was the back of two dudes, the second was them turning around and the third was a close up of their faces looking at the cam. They carried on without messing with my property as I think most would.

300H&H
11-22-2014, 07:45 PM

My Dad taught me the same lesson...both Dads are wise men.
I have passed on my Dads wisdom to my kids.

Phreddy
11-22-2014, 07:45 PM
I don't imagine anyone would be interested in watching you display your short comings.

What if I want to play with my pee pee? I don't want anyone recording that without me knowing...

dino
11-23-2014, 08:14 AM
the only time I ever got hunters on a trail cam. they were pretty good to leave it alone. click on video
http://i233.photobucket.com/albums/ee306/heydino/th_IM000002-1.mp4 (http://i233.photobucket.com/albums/ee306/heydino/IM000002-1.mp4)

mpotzold
11-23-2014, 02:16 PM
Same old story-BORING would be an understatement!
-my camera was stolen, destroyed, tampered with, burned, crapped on, bandaged up, memory cards stolen, shot at, mooned at or whatever. BOOHOO!:cry:
You leave your trail camera unattended on crown land you take your chances! PERIOD.
No difference then leaving your tree stand behind or your rifle, knife or anything else of value.

Face it!-There is no shortage of thieves that come in all shapes and sizes. Jails would be practically empty without them.
These scum bags will stoop so low as to breaking into Search and Rescue caches meant to save people.
http://metronews.ca/news/vancouver/1098183/thieves-target-yet-another-b-c-north-shore-rescue-cache/ (http://metronews.ca/news/vancouver/1098183/thieves-target-yet-another-b-c-north-shore-rescue-cache/)

I haven’t found even one example of anyone ever charged & prosecuted in BC with stealing/destroying/tampering with a private trail camera that had been left unattended on crown land.

If you catch somebody red-handed get ready for a confrontation which could get nasty!

Personally we have never seen a private trail camera on crown land. If I saw one I wouldn’t touch it & would avoid the area from then on. Might take a photo of it & wave at it. That’s it.:)
Wouldn’t bother me but I read on other forums I’m a member of is that some people get really offended(privacy invasion) when their photo is taken by a trail camera in the woods.

Maybe one should start a SHAME ON YOU THREAD
Then the problem is you can’t hide behind a pseudonym and should also reveal the so called thief/ves real name/s once found out.

Gov’t trail cameras –I read that CO’s use trail cameras occasionally. There are probably warning signs as to its removal or tampering.
Maybe a partial solution to theft would be a requirement to have a license to place/operate a trail camera on crown land & have a warning sign displayed nearby.

In the mean-time –some warning signs
Warning! This camera just sent your picture to my computer and it has an anti-theft tracking chip installed!

http://www.newjerseyhunter.com/forums/attachments/10158d1386188685-stolen-trailcam-note-thief-img_16301872564255.jpeg

ruger#1
11-23-2014, 05:31 PM
The Hermit

Good on Ray for not confronting these guys, smart!

That is EXACTLEY the way my Dad taught me too - If it is not YOURS - Leave it alone and move on ! OR maybe Face what just might HAPPEN to YOU ! :biggrin: RJ[/QUOTE] HM, Then why did you steal my wife.

Lillypuff
11-23-2014, 08:06 PM
This is like jerry springer
Let's start a new reality show hunting wars

Looking_4_Jerky
12-09-2014, 06:17 PM
Holy crap! I haven't been on the forum for a while and I'm happy that I get to spew my 2cents worth of BS before this thread fades away into hunting forum soap-opera nothingness!!

First, I'd like to say there is way too much funny shit in this thread to be able to address you individually. But thanks for the laughs!!

Secondly, I'd like to call about three quarters of you f'ing bullshitters. My guess is about 75% of you would take the liberty of viewing pics on someone's trailcam if you knew you weren't going to get caught. I'm not saying doing anything more disrespectful than that, I'm just taking about seeing what's on there and then leaving it the way you found it. I have no problem saying that I do it. I'm not here to make friends, and I don't care if you think less of me for it. Straight up, if I find your trailcam and its not locked, I'm checking out your pics. Put the memory card in my camera, look at em, put the card back, close it up, no harm done. If it's locked, then I'm obviously not going to wreck his stuff to view pics. I might even jiggle it a bit to see if by chance it came out, but other than that I'd leave it alone.

My good buddy had a T-cam stolen in a hunting spot of ours. That's a bullshit move on someone's part; I don't dig it, I don't do it. So after something like that happens, you get feeling like sharing a bit of T-cam knowledge is a small price to pay for someone running across your site. It's motivation to seek a more secluded site if it really bothers you.

It seems the accused is a reasonably sharp dude. I'm sure he knew pics or vid of him was going to be on the camera, and he didn't bother smashing or shooting the camera to get rid of the evidence of him carrying out the crime. I wasn't there and I can't say one way or the other, but my guess is he left it because he felt there was no crime being committed. I'm sure if a perpetrator knew they were on camera they would do whatever they needed to do to remedy the situation.

A buddy of mine has over 20 trailcams out. You can't have that many cams out without risking that at some point you're going to draw some attention. Again, I'm not saying that gives anyone the right to steal or be destructive, but you can't "tie up" that much area without expecting someone else who might be interested in the area to start checking out what's going on around there.

Phreddy
12-09-2014, 07:22 PM
You touch anything of mine without my express permission you and I would have a serious discussion about etiquette. If someone puts up a trail cam they paid for that trail cam with their money, not yours. If you want to put up a trail cam in the same area, fine, but never, ever screw around with something you know belongs to others. That's the difference between a hunter and a hunting slob.

caddisguy
12-09-2014, 07:32 PM
Secondly, I'd like to call about three quarters of you f'ing bullshitters. My guess is about 75% of you would take the liberty of viewing pics on someone's trailcam if you knew you weren't going to get caught

Just because you don't respect peoples property, don't assume--or help justify your actions by suggesting--that the majority are the same.

if I find your trailcam and its not locked, I'm checking out your pics.

If your camp isn't locked, I can borrow your chainsaw... maybe let myself into your tent... just to have a little look-see.

Put the memory card in my camera, look at em, put the card back, close it up, no harm done.

My Simmon's cams won't read the filesystem on my cards if last mounted on my handheld. My Moultrie handles it just fine but has issues if the card was last mounted with my head-cam. Looks like it's recording but it's not. Good chance folks have lost months worth of potential footage because of your harmless actions. Oh and sorry I broke your chainsaw... it worked a little differently than I thought. I'll fix it and have it back to you in 4 months. No harm done.

It seems the accused is a reasonably sharp dude

He apologized and said he'll leave cams alone. I think he had a lapse in judgement but yours seems consistent ;-P

Spy
12-09-2014, 08:36 PM
Just because you don't respect peoples property, don't assume--or help justify your actions by suggesting--that the majority are the same.

If your camp isn't locked, I can borrow your chainsaw... maybe let myself into your tent... just to have a little look-see.

My Simmon's cams won't read the filesystem on my cards if last mounted on my handheld. My Moultrie handles it just fine but has issues if the card was last mounted with my head-cam. Looks like it's recording but it's not. Good chance folks have lost months worth of potential footage because of your harmless actions. Oh and sorry I broke your chainsaw... it worked a little differently than I thought. I'll fix it and have it back to you in 4 months. No harm done.

He apologized and said he'll leave cams alone. I think he had a lapse in judgement but yours seems consistent ;-P
x2 some people have serious, "I can't leave other people's shit alone syndrome!" These same people would walk into your tent and steal shit!I still think the would be thief is a POS for Fu...ing with the camera in the first place. people like him should be banned from HBC, what a POS he is!

BearStump
12-09-2014, 09:04 PM
oh jeez! this thread is like the energizer bunny, it just keeps going and going. we were almost done with it. went 2 weeks while it faded away and thanks to lookin 4 jerky, its back.

NaStY
12-09-2014, 09:12 PM
Ok done now