PDA

View Full Version : Tanning Bison Hide for Rug

winchesterselect
11-19-2014, 10:07 AM
Kind of left this to last minute but I'm heading up for a bison hunt in a couple weeks and have been considering getting the hide tanned for a rug if I'm lucky enough to get one. No money for a head mount so thinking a euro for the skull and maybe a rug. So if anyone knows somewhere that tans bison hides for rugs that would be great. Would like to get an idea of price so I can decide if going to save the hide or not.

Also, if anyone know what the snow levels are like in zone A I would be interested in an update. We are trying to decide if we are taking both the sleds and quads or just the sleds.

11-19-2014, 10:09 AM
Expect 700 to 1200 bucks for a Tanned Rug hair on depending on the size of the critter you harvest. They are a wonderful Rug. Did mine a few years ago with Pacific Fur Dressers in VancouverCT

monasheemountainman
11-19-2014, 10:35 AM
mine is 4 ft by 4 ft approx. it cost me $700 just for the tan. got a shoulder mount with the rest

mudbud
11-19-2014, 10:41 AM
Expect 700 to 1200 bucks for a Tanned Rug hair on depending on the size of the critter you harvest. They are a wonderful Rug. Did mine a few years ago with Pacific Fur Dressers in VancouverCT

Any pics? Considering doing this as well.

ajeatoo
11-19-2014, 10:44 AM
My guy is heading up to zone b today, we've heard mixed reports as to snow, pink mountain ranch says about 1' but Sikanni River Outfitters said 5-6" although guys are still using sleds. Will be interesting to see how it goes. I can update later once I've heard from him, I realize you are going to zone a so not sure how helpful the info will be.

Krico
11-19-2014, 01:25 PM
Call Tony at Northgate Fur Tannery in Kamloops.

ajeatoo
11-20-2014, 08:19 AM
For what it is worth as of this morning there is 8" of snow at Pink Mountain Rd.