PDA

View Full Version : Here comes some Region 2 snow maybe?

caddisguy
11-18-2014, 05:57 PM
15-20mm or rain in the forecast for Friday in Hope for example with temps 3-5C temps darn near sea level.

Every 1000M elevation is between 6 and 9 degrees Celsius. Last weekend lows were -4C in Hope and it was -12 to -15 at 800-1000M. Had to snuggle with my beer to keep it from freezing.

If the forecast stands, that 15-20mm rain lower down could mean roughly 7-10 inches of snow a little higher up with temps from -1 to -6 at 800-1000M.

We shall see. Who is heading out?

This has been your caddisguy traffic and weather.

BearStump
11-18-2014, 06:12 PM
Excellent if your weather forecast is solid then Thursday should be the high pressure day(or is it low pressure before the weather?) and I will be out puting some boots to the ground Thursday.
The reg 2 rut combined with incoming weather and disappearing moon-should have them moving around lots.

caddisguy
11-18-2014, 06:34 PM
I feel the presure changing a bit now, but I think you're right that Thursday it will be in full swing.

Some snow would be nice but the low temps need to hold. Hope changed and is showing high of 7C now. If it holds there that should be just fine for my elevations.

We'll see whatever starts getting dusted on Thursday and expect the snowline to drop another 150-200M Friday with the big dump.

Gonna head out Friday and sleep in the Jeep for another couple nights.

Sofa King
11-18-2014, 08:38 PM
up here they were calling for snow friday saturday. but thats already changed to nothing and now showing rain for wednesday. hoping it will be cooler up high and some snow falls.

ruger#1
11-18-2014, 08:53 PM
I sure hope it dosent ruin my tomatoes.

Wentrot
11-18-2014, 08:55 PM
All we can do is hope caddisguy, I am not holding my breath but boy, it would be a very welcomed thing to happen.

longstonec
11-18-2014, 09:14 PM
The Whistler blackcomb live temps/webcams are good at giving an idea -realishtime- as to whats happening. Its cold enough to snow here ( in Whistler ) but just no moisture in the air other then the horde of snow guns!

markomoose
11-19-2014, 03:55 AM
Hardly any snow here in PG which is great cause winter here is too long.A guy should be able to ice fish the smaller ponds/lakes soon.

caddisguy
11-19-2014, 08:08 AM
Caddisguy Wednesday morning weekend weather update for Hope/Chilliwack mountains

More stuff due to fall out of the sky...

20-30mm Friday with a high of 6 and low of 3 at 50M elevation could mean 10-15 inches of snow at 800-1000M

5mm Saturday with a high of 5 and low of 2. Even the mixed stuff coming down at 50M good chance any of this landing above 400M will pile up to 2-3 inches to help with all your lower down tracking needs

10-15mm Sunday with a high of 4 and low of 2. Adding 5-8 inches on anything above 600M.

Chillwack a degree or two warmer all around but good snow 1000-1200M Friday and Saturday with a chance of stuff sticking lower down especially on Sunday.

Bring your ropes. Bring your chains. Keep watch for a guy sleeping in a blue jeep... he will have been out since Friday and is probably stranded with no cell service.

caddisguy
11-19-2014, 08:25 AM
up here they were calling for snow friday saturday. but thats already changed to nothing and now showing rain for wednesday. hoping it will be cooler up high and some snow falls.

Merritt will get a dusting, especially higher up. Only an inch or two for duallies dailies over the weekend and maybe a couple more inches on Tuesday.

WesHarm
11-19-2014, 09:05 AM
Was thinking of heading out Saturday, I'll keep an eye out for ya! I'll be in a green Xterra most likely :) .... Now to find my straps..... :P

Sofa King
11-19-2014, 09:25 AM
Merritt will get a dusting, especially higher up. Only an inch or two for duallies dailies over the weekend and maybe a couple more inches on Tuesday.

yup, looked at the other weather forecasting and it's what I had originally saw.
and now it's showing snow starting Thursday and going all through next week.
woo-hoo, time to start looking for a deer.

caddisguy
11-20-2014, 01:51 PM
Looks like this is going to check out.

Region 2 above 1000M--and some areas lower down--is going to get hammered over the weekend.

Around 70mm rain between Friday and Monday. It's going to be wet lower down and coated higher up.

Hoping I will be able to get to where I need to go and still be able to get back on Sunday. Leaving tomorrow.