PDA

View Full Version : ION ice augers

Fisher-Dude
11-18-2014, 12:24 PM
If they perform like the commercials, I'd consider buying one.

Who has some real life experience with one?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XlmhZ0SY7yY

sarg
11-18-2014, 12:28 PM
I was thinking the same thing

BRvalley
11-18-2014, 01:26 PM
buddy has one in ON, I think it depends on your style of ice fishin and if you're cutting holes for yourself, or a group of guys moving around all day till you find fish...or if you keep a permanent shanty or the guy that only drills a couple holes a day

the extension has a crappy fit, wobbles...blades are not the best, wore out fast, uses a more style blade so he put on a set of swedish blades, better steel....more important to keep it perfectly vertical, any angle drains more battery

the sleeper hut thing is big back home, and haven't seen anybody bring one for a week on the ice but for day trips I think you could trust the battery life...haven't found 5' + of ice anywhere in BC yet

BRvalley
11-18-2014, 01:26 PM
it is very light too, probably the best feature

knighthunter
11-18-2014, 02:59 PM
Seem to be well liked over on the prairie's.

Dannybuoy
11-18-2014, 03:39 PM
I saw a guy last winter with a 20v dewalt drill with that attachment for his auger ... drilled about 8 holes in the in the hour I was talking with him and his bud .....didn't seem to slow it down . Was about 16" of ice on swan lake .

Stone Sheep Steve
11-18-2014, 03:50 PM
First power log splitters and now this!?!? Your arms will get flabby like those of a 90 yr old woman, F/D!!😊

Fisher-Dude
11-18-2014, 03:52 PM
First power log splitters and now this!?!? Your arms will get flabby like a 90 yr old women, F/D!!��

They already are. The wipeout I did on some ice last year brings with it a recurring bursa sac on my L elbow...starting to think I need to rent your kids to do shit for me!

Stone Sheep Steve
11-18-2014, 04:09 PM
They already are. The wipeout I did on some ice last year brings with it a recurring bursa sac on my L elbow...starting to think I need to rent your kids to do shit for me!

Maybe I should rephrase that.......you don't want Barb's arms to soon look like those of a 90 year old woman, do you??😄

Fisher-Dude
11-18-2014, 05:38 PM
Maybe I should rephrase that.......you don't want Barb's arms to soon look like those of a 90 year old woman, do you??��

Won't happen. She could arm-wrestle me or you to the ground in about 1.7 seconds!

Stone Sheep Steve
11-18-2014, 06:02 PM
Won't happen. She could arm-wrestle me or you to the ground in about 1.7 seconds!

Perfect. End of thread since there's no need for a power auger. Glad I could help you save some coin!!😄😄