PDA

View Full Version : "almost" total nube hunting coquihala

uncle b
11-18-2014, 09:42 AM
Hey guys,

Got some great feedback from you that helped me get my first buck up at texada island a couple of weekends ago.

I'm hoping to get some more for a daytrip up the coq this sunday.

I'm looking to fill a few muley tags with my brother up that way but we don't know the area and we only have one day to spare.

Any suggestions for places we can get to from van if we leave at 3-4 in the morning and want to be home before midnight?

plumberjustin
11-18-2014, 12:18 PM
Anywhere between exit 228 and 256 on the west side of the highway proved quite eventful for us this season. Lots of area to cover, plenty of big and small game to be had. Just get out of the truck and do some hiking.

Sylus
11-18-2014, 09:57 PM
I was up that way in late September, off the coquilhalla lakes exit. I saw some ample sign but no deer. However, the nights were clear and the days were warm so I feel like the deer didn't have to much reason to be out and about in the day. PM me if you are interested in the specifics.

hoochie
11-18-2014, 10:01 PM
coq lakes in October, saw does, lots of grouse and a bull moose cross the road. Didn't see any bucks, but there were people everywhere in trucks and on quads etc. Even people coming in to our camp in little cars " Is this the road to tulameen?"