PDA

View Full Version : Yet another Region 4 outfitter quota appeal

GoatGuy
11-14-2014, 04:08 PM
http://www.eab.gov.bc.ca/wildlife/2013wil028a.pdf

It's 59 pages but long story short wildlife allocation policy was held up. Outfitter wanted increased quota etc, which would have of course come from resident LEH.

Goat harvest recommended to be increased to 4% - a win-win for all 'consumptive users

eastkoot
11-14-2014, 04:27 PM
Rossanna Rossanna Anna Fontana!!!! Remember Saturday Night Live???

Bugle M In
11-14-2014, 06:42 PM
Well..there you go boys, there must be a lot of goat in there if the guide wants his quota increased:mrgreen:.
4 -23...okay!
On a serious note, glad to here they left it alone.
I have heard stories in the past where some outfitter were unable to use up their quota of goat tags, so they sold them off under the table to locals who knew how to keep their mouth shut!??

j270wsm
11-14-2014, 08:30 PM
Lots of goats but its all motor vehicle area closure so it's lots of walking.

Bugle M In
11-14-2014, 10:35 PM
Lots of goats but its all motor vehicle area closure so it's lots of walking.

I guess that's why there's lots of goats!!

pmj
11-15-2014, 08:35 PM
Thanks for posting this GG. There is lots of good work done in this 59 page decision. I am very impressed by the BCWF submission such as this one:
The BCWF’s submissions
[190] The BCWF notes that the Mountain Goat Management Plan focuses on maintaining a viable, healthy and productive population of mountain goats throughout their native range in BC. The BCWF agrees with the Appellant that the standard 3% harvest rate may be increased depending on the population, with a maximum harvest rate of 5% provided that it can be scientifically substantiated (i.e., there is sufficient and consistent inventory work).

While supporting resident harvest they make sure the policies of the government are applied across all the user groups. That gives the BCWF credibility when they represent the hunters and fishers of this province at any table.
Thanks to Wilf Pfleiderer for BCWF and everyone involved.